• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
And the cost of that choice is that God had to come down here and be slaughtered on a Tree so that we could be restored to that spiritual "oneness" with God by being "born again" into the Spirit of God, BY the Spirit of God.
You are saying that your God was slaughtered? Your God died therefore he was a mortal...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
As I had already stated, she did not choose a moral law because if she did, she would know the difference between good and evil but she didn't prior to eating. She was decieved and believed the serpent, understanding that the fruit was good and able to make one wise like God. She made that decision yes, based on her free will but she very quickly forgot what God had said if you eat, you will die. The serpent said, surely you will not die. ..
she made her decision based on disobedience, she did not forget anything...
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Saint of God she had never been disobedient in all the time she had lived in Eden. We know good from evil because we experience it daily. How can anyone attain knowledge unless they experience it. I'm not saying that she was innocent but she was beguiled by the idea of being wise like God and the rest ..

Reactions: Nancy

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
@Saint of God she had never been disobedient in all the time she had lived in Eden.
Except that one time, that is all it takes...
You are not making any sense here... are you saying that we must experience wrong to know it is wrong...and we must experience good to know it is good? So what is the point of others telling us what is wrong or right? Or what is good or bad?
[QUOTE="Angelina, post: 1287128, member: 3579"][USER=18222]
How can anyone attain knowledge unless they experience it.
[/QUOTE]by obedience...You are a servant to whom you obey...

[QUOTE="Angelina, post: 1287128, member: 3579"][USER=18222]
I'm not saying that she was innocent but she was beguiled by the idea of being wise like God and the rest ..
[/QUOTE]
I don't see how that is an excuse for disobedience. You seem to be missing the most important point of that passage...
Neither Adam nor Eve was remorseful...Adam blamed God ..
[URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%203%3A12&version=KJV']Genesis 3:12[/URL]
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
Eve blamed the serpent...
13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

You are also blaming the serpent...
Your words...I'm not saying that she was innocent but she was beguiled by the idea of being wise like God and the rest.
We are responsible for our actions...
[/user][/user]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You are not making any sense here... are you saying that we must experience wrong to know it is wrong...and we must experience good to know it is good? So what is the point of others telling us what is wrong or right? Or what is good or bad?

Imagine a child playing too near to a hot stove. You tell that child that if you touch the stove, you will get burn't. The child then gets too close to the stove one day while playing near it or maybe the child becomes curious and gets burnt touching that stove.....again, you tell your child not to cross the road on their own or not to run across the road to retrieve their ball because if they do, they could get run over. They are outside playing with their friends and the ball goes onto the road. Friends are yelling at them to go get the ball so that they can continue their game....

Tell me the difference between Eve's disobedience and our disobedience today?

Reactions: Truman and Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
-
Temptation is derived from your own lust.

"Lust of the Eye"....is usually the issue.

"I want THAT......no matter WHAT".........

See how the lust has taken over the mind?.....And you will then do it., as what is in your mind is what you are going to do next.

The NT says....>"be in the world but not OF it"....to a Christian....and this is explained as..>"all that is in the world is LUST of the EYE".....ect.

To be "worldly", is to be owned and controlled by your own lust that desires what you SEE which becomes what you think about that decides what you do.

"Temptation" is not sin.....the sin begins when you DWELL on the Temptation, as at that point you have left noticing it, and have entered into the doing it stage.

Jesus said....."if you look at someone, and in your mind you want to have SEX with them"......its the same as doing it, as you have already become engaged with the desire to do it, to pursue it.

Final analysis : Its not wrong to WANT, as we all want.....but its wrong when you want what is wrong for you, as defined by The Law as a SIN or by Paul as a work of the Flesh.

Temptation is the open doorway that leads to sin.
You decide if you go through the door.

Remember that your mind is like a big screen that you are watching.
So, if something comes to the screen that you recognize is LUST< then just change the channel. Change the screen, instantly, as if you dont, you will watch it, and then you will do it.

Temptation is not the problem....its the DWELLING on it, that is the power that will lead you to commit a sin, a work of the flesh.

Change the screen.
Renew your mind.

I see you've changed your view. Good for you.
Keep thinking about it and changing the pieces around and you may eventually come to the truth... We are all sinners. In one way or another. We must all repent

A thought or a feeling is a sin Christ said. Well then who has never felt angry, or jealous, or hate, or lust. Every human has

Last edited:

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Imagine a child playing too near to a hot stove. You tell that child that if you touch the stove, you will get burn't. The child then gets too close to the stove one day while playing near it or maybe the child becomes curious and gets burnt touching that stove.....again, you tell your child not to cross the road on their own or not to run across the road to retrieve their ball because if they do, they could get run over. They are outside playing with their friends and the ball goes onto the road. Friends are yelling at them to go get the ball so that they can continue their game....

Tell me the difference between Eve's disobedience and our disobedience today?
Disobedience is disobedience, The fact that God hates disobedience and gives the just reward for disobedience while men pamper disobedience and support it in some ways does not make it not disobedience or different from disobedience... As a side note keep your child away from the hot stove and teach them responsibility.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Disobedience is disobedience, The fact that God hates disobedience and gives the just reward for disobedience while men pamper disobedience and support it in some ways does not make it not disobedience or different from disobedience... As a side note keep your child away from the hot stove and teach them responsibility.

I'm am certainly not saying that disobedience is acceptable to God. If that is what you are insinuating.

During the time of Adam and Eve's fall, there was no propitiation for disobedience which is sin. However, God did not lay his wrath on them directly note: Genesis 3:16-19. He made it difficult for Eve in child bearing. For Adam, the ground became cursed and he had to labour to produce food from it. We however, on the other side of the cross we have this substition which is Jesus, who took the sin of mankind upon himself as an atonement for the sins of the whole world, even for those who died before his birth, death and resurrection. Romans 3:23-26

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are saying that your God was slaughtered? Your God died therefore he was a mortal...

The Cross found Jesus being sacrificed.
It was a slaughter., started with the beating, and the scourging.
The word says that Jesus was "marred beyond recognition".
In other words, before he was nailed, he was unrecognizable... such was the force of the assault.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I see you've changed your view

No, not at all.
Sin starts with temptation, every single time.
However, to be tempted TO SIN< is not the same as sinning.

The sinning in your head... starts as soon as you decide to engage the imagination that is the LUST, vs, not not engaging it.
LUST has conceived as SIN, when you stay there and engage.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
The Cross found Jesus being sacrificed.
It was a slaughter., started with the beating, and the scourging.
The word says that Jesus was "marred beyond recognition".
In other words, before he was nailed, he was unrecognizable... such was the force of the assault.
The point is that Jesus was a man. If he were God then he could not have died.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The point is that Jesus was a man. If he were God then he could not have died.

Let me show you something to realize.

Your body dies, but your spirit does not.
The Grave holds your body, but your Spirit, it does not.

When Jesus Said from the Cross....>"Father, into thy Hands, i commit/commend MY SPIRIT"....and then His Body DIED on the Cross.....he was explaining to you, that His Spirit had not.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Let me show you something to realize.

Your body dies, but your spirit does not.
The Grave holds your body, but your Spirit, it does not.

When Jesus Said from the Cross....>"Father, into thy Hands, i commit/commend MY SPIRIT"....and then His Body DIED on the Cross.....he was explaining to you, that His Spirit had not.
(1) How does that make Jesus not a man?
(2) If Jesus is God then your God has a father, meaning that your God was born.
(3) You seem to be saying that Jesus did not die because his spirit did not die, if that is so, please tell us who died for your sins?
(4) Our spirits do not die either. It returns to God.
Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I'm am certainly not saying that disobedience is acceptable to God. If that is what you are insinuating.
Then be clear in what you are saying.

During the time of Adam and Eve's fall, there was no propitiation for disobedience which is sin.
Yes there was... A life for a life. Animal sacrifice was used.
However, God did not lay his wrath on them directly note: Genesis 3:16-19. He made it difficult for Eve in child bearing. For Adam, the ground became cursed and he had to labour to produce food from it.
That is not propitiation...Are you saying God was pleased with women havinf pain in childbearing and men toiling in cursed ground?

We however, on the other side of the cross we have this substition which is Jesus, who took the sin of mankind upon himself as an atonement for the sins of the whole world, even for those who died before his birth, death and resurrection. Romans 3:23-26
That is foolishness, Jesus did not substitute for our death, if he did then no one could die, but people still die every day.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
(1) How does that make Jesus not a man?
(2) If Jesus is God then your God has a father, meaning that your God was born.

The Holy Spirit created the "man's body", inside a Virgin.
Jesus, sacrificed His BODY, on the Cross, not His Spirit.
Jesus is the "only Begotten" of His Father....who is also "God manifested in the Flesh".

Look at this verse, in a real bible.

John 20:28...."“And Thomas answered and said unto Jesus, My Lord and my GOD.""""

This verse is Thomas the apostle, his reaction, when seeing Jesus for the first time, after Jesus rose from the dead.

Now, what is especially important to notice, is that when you read the next verses...Jesus does not correct Him.
Why?
Because Jesus is God.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
The Holy Spirit created the "man's body", inside a Virgin.
Then Jesus was created
Jesus, sacrificed His BODY, on the Cross, not His Spirit.
Then a man's body died for your sins

Jesus is the "only Begotten" of His Father....who is also "God manifested in the Flesh".
Then your God has a father

Look at this verse, in a real bible.

John 20:28...."“And Thomas answered and said unto Jesus, My Lord and my GOD.""""
Then someone is lying...
Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
This verse is Thomas the apostle, his reaction, when seeing Jesus for the first time, after Jesus rose from the dead.
You misunderstand the passage. Unless you are calling Philip a liar...
Acts 7:56
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Now, what is especially important to notice, is that when you read the next verses...Jesus does not correct Him.

Jesus does not correct him because he was not saying Jesus was God...He saw the same thing as Philip
Why?
Because Jesus is God.
If Jesus is God why would Peter say...in Acts 5
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Peter does not believe Jesus is God...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Peter does not believe Jesus is God...

Jesus is "God manifested in the Flesh" (Born of a Virgin).

Jesus said..>"if you've seen ME, you've SEEN the Father".

Jesus said..>"I and my Father are ONE"

Jesus is the "our" in ...>"Let us make man in OUR Image".

God the Father and Jesus the Christ both said they are "I AM".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is foolishness, Jesus did not substitute for our death, if he did then no one could die, but people still die every day.

Jesus didnt solve your death, as your body is going to die..
What Jesus resolved is your SIN, that is keeping you and God from having a relationship now, and in eternity.
Once you believe in Jesus, and give God your FAITH, you will no longer be this .... John 3:36