Jacob God loved, Esau God Hated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright so this is what I came up with

Israel’s Rejection and God’s Purpose​

6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel, 7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, “In Isaac your seed shall be called.” 8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed. 9 For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son.”

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, “The older shall serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”

So, Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.

Many people use this scripture to justify that God hated everything about Esau - perhaps even his soul, however

God is a Jealous God,

He is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions or your sins. If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods, then he will turn and do you harm and consume you, after having done you good” (Josh. 24:19-20).

It would seem that even Jesus said we are to hate our mother and brothers.
Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

You following along - Jesus was taught this by his Father above.

What Jesus is saying - is that yes, we are to love our fellow family members, strangers, friends, widows, orphans. HOWEVER - you do not take what they say over what the Lord says, though they can suggest advice, and everything of that nature no one is to put them over God first.

Okay, you still there - so if you are to follow Jesus you are to put the Lord your God first -> in loving God first.
Second is loving your neighbor as yourself.

If this is written that God loved Jacob and hated Esau, was it not because of Esau rejecting the ways of God? And that was why he 'hated him' because of the gumption of his ways?

Esau ended up coming around to helping jacob,

4 But Esau ran to meet him and embraced him and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept. 5 And when Esau lifted up his eyes and saw the women and children, he said, “Who are these with you?” Jacob said, “The children whom God has graciously given your servant.” 6 Then the servants drew near, they and their children, and bowed down. 7 Leah likewise and her children drew near and bowed down. And last Joseph and Rachel drew near, and they bowed down. 8 Esau said, “What do you mean by all this company[a] that I met?” Jacob answered, “To find favor in the sight of my lord.” 9 But Esau said, “I have enough, my brother; keep what you have for yourself.” 10 Jacob said, “No, please, if I have found favor in your sight, then accept my present from my hand. For I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of God, and you have accepted me. 11 Please accept my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough.” Thus he urged him, and he took it.

So why did God love Jacob, and Hate Esau? Was it a hatred of his character ? Or a hatred of his soul? Did Esau become faithless, and God was jealous of him desiring him to come back yet his hardened heart became callous which he went and worshiped other gods, and that was why God laid his land to waste?

Malachi 1:1-3​

New American Standard Bible​

God’s Love for Jacob​

1 The pronouncement of the word of the Lord to Israel through [a]Malachi:
2 “I have loved you,” says the Lord. But you say, “How have You loved us?” “Was Esau not Jacob’s brother?” declares the Lord. “Yet I have loved Jacob; 3 but I have hated Esau, and I have made his mountains a desolation and given his inheritance to the jackals of the wilderness.”

Just curious to anyone who may have any insights,

Thank you,
Matthew

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God love the BILLIONS He will burn in Hell "forever and ever"?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel, 7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, “In Isaac your seed shall be called.” 8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed. 9 For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son.”

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, “The older shall serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”

Many people use this scripture to justify that God hated everything about Esau - perhaps even his soul, however

God is a Jealous God,

What Jesus is saying - is that yes, we are to love our fellow family members, strangers, friends, widows, orphans. HOWEVER - you do not take what they say over what the Lord says, though they can suggest advice, and everything of that nature no one is to put them over God first.

Okay, you still there - so if you are to follow Jesus you are to put the Lord your God first -> in loving God first.

If this is written that God loved Jacob and hated Esau, was it not because of Esau rejecting the ways of God? And that was why he 'hated him' because of the gumption of his ways?

So why did God love Jacob, and Hate Esau? Was it a hatred of his character ? Or a hatred of his soul? Did Esau become faithless, and God was jealous of him desiring him to come back yet his hardened heart became callous which he went and worshiped other gods, and that was why God laid his land to waste?

Thank you,
Matthew
Matthew, tell me, why should I take up your offer of sharing any insights when I can guess, based on your past responses that you would reply with 'thank you for your opinion'
It's like inviting a person in and then shutting the door on them........telling yourself how polite you are.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@quietthinker

It's over all just a message board.

Many people here believe in the death, burial and resurrection.

People talk about their doctrines, share their opinions and what not.

If we can't love people and allow to them freedom to express their ideas, and love them.

Maybe no one should be Christian.

Jesus said if you love those who love you what profit is that?

Some people have a lot of trouble with life, they need help, but the only one that can help them truly is God himself, and looking to his son, and renewing the mind. While members of the body can only encourage. They still have to decide what they are gonna do about their own life they have to live.

Romans 12:1-3

A Living Sacrifice​

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Humble Service in the Body of Christ​

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

Love you,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@quietthinker,

You did share that link to zoom, (I was normally on the phone at the time and forget where it was) I never saved it, Idk what time you guys might be there tomorrow or whatever, I could show up but idk. Still without a job until the 17th, should be clean to be drug tested with my own urine.

I will always feel like an outsider though. That little boy in the snow.

Thank you for your question.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@quietthinker,

You did share that link to zoom, (I was normally on the phone at the time and forget where it was) I never saved it, Idk what time you guys might be there tomorrow or whatever, I could show up but idk. Still without a job until the 17th, should be clean to be drug tested with my own urine.

I will always feel like an outsider though. That little boy in the snow.

Thank you for your question.
engaging the ears before the mouth is the way to learn

Reactions: MatthewG

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God is a Jealous God,

Thank you,
Matthew
Jacob represents the inner man of faith. Esau represents the outer man...big brother...the part of us we rely on in this world. Esau represents the part of us that is meant to be crucified, the temporal carnal part of us. God's covenant is with Jacob, not Esau.

For more on the inner man/outer man consult my video on the subject :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacob represents the inner man of faith. Esau represents the outer man...big brother...the part of us we rely on in this world. Esau represents the part of us that is meant to be crucified, the temporal carnal part of us. God's covenant is with Jacob, not Esau.

Episkopos, that sounds like something to think about, and perhaps should be looked into, the pictures and types of the old testament?

All the best,
Matthew

Reactions: Episkopos

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then will you help with the subject? Or do you desire something else?

Curious,
Matthew
I define help by teaching a man how to fish, not giving him a fish. Do you care to learn how to fish? or are you looking for an 'instant fix'?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I define help by teaching a man how to fish, not giving him a fish. Do you care how to learn how to fish? or are you looking for an 'instant fix'?

You wouldn't be under the influence would you?

I rather not even deal with these remarks, I love you though. But it up to you if you are willingly to do the will of God, and love people even if they don't listen, or they say "thank you for your opinion".

I may be younger than most of all these people but I don't need a dad, sorry.

My dad died from a heart attack in 2010, and I never knew him. It's good to know my true Father now though, and that same Father is the Father of you, and all these other believers on this board, who can teach them, if they so give up on their own will... picking up their cross, and denying themselves.

All the best, in love, ( I can be a very mean person... but trying to retain the Spirit of Christ with-in )
Matthew

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You wouldn't be under the influence would you?

I rather not even deal with these remarks, I love you though. But it up to you if you are willingly to do the will of God, and love people even if they don't listen, or they say "thank you for your opinion".

I may be younger than most of all these people but I don't need a dad, sorry.

My dad died from a heart attack in 2010, and I never knew him. It's good to know my true Father now though, and that same Father is the Father of you, and all these other believers on this board, who can teach them, if they so give up on their own will... picking up their cross, and denying themselves.

All the best, in love, ( I can be a very mean person... but trying to retain the Spirit of Christ with-in )
Matthew
ears Matthew, not mouth!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ears Matthew, not mouth!
@quietthinker All the best man, just gonna put you on ignore as well...

I have to use it...

to protect my own sanity.

I do love you but you are not helping any... you just keep going in circles.

(I dont like oppression like my Mother - who never hardly let me speak) we are on better terms now though. My flesh probably attributes those traits learned from here still a lot of work needs to be done on me, everyone is a work in progress.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is a Jealous God,

Thank you,
Matthew
Dear MatthewG,
Esau was born first and is a "type" for the Old Man. The Old Man represents carnal mankind who dwells upon the earth. He is carnally minded and sinful. His father is Satan (the natural sun) and his mother is the bondwoman (the natural moon). After a believer receives the Early Rain and is called out from the world, Satan will plant his seed (spirit of anti-Christ) within the new believer. This will result in the Abomination of Desolation and make the believer spiritually "worse than the first" (Mat 12:43-45). The Old Man then becomes a Man of Sin.

Jacob was born second and is a "type" for the New Man and for the Elect. The New Man represents a child of God who dwells in the Kingdom of Heaven. He is spiritual and is without sin. His father is Christ (the spiritual sun) and his mother is the freewoman (the New Moon).

Jacob was born "second" to "type" this truth:

1Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Jacob is also a "type" for the Elect:

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son. 10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

In this age, the Elect of Christ are the only ones who are going to be saved. They were chosen for this blessing from the foundation of the world for only one reason: "that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth". To further teach this truth, scripture says that Christ loved Jacob but Esau He hated. Jacob was created to be a vessel of honor and Esau was created to be a vessel of dishonor.

In the end though, after Christ's purpose of election has been satisfied, Christ will be gracious to Esau and will save the rest of mankind.

This truth is "typed" by the scripture you quoted in your original post:

Gen 33:4 But Esau ran to meet him and embraced him and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept. 5 And when Esau lifted up his eyes and saw the women and children, he said, “Who are these with you?” Jacob said, “The children whom God has graciously given your servant.” 6 Then the servants drew near, they and their children, and bowed down. 7 Leah likewise and her children drew near and bowed down. And last Joseph and Rachel drew near, and they bowed down. 8 Esau said, “What do you mean by all this company[a] that I met?” Jacob answered, “To find favor in the sight of my lord.” 9 But Esau said, “I have enough, my brother; keep what you have for yourself.” 10 Jacob said, “No, please, if I have found favor in your sight, then accept my present from my hand. For I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of God, and you have accepted me. 11 Please accept my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough.” Thus he urged him, and he took it.

Read this scripture again but this time with "eyes that can see".

The scripture above "types" the salvation of all mankind in the final age. The Elect (Jacob) will reign with Christ and will help Him bring in the full harvest of mankind. At that time, the Elect will say "please accept my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough...

So how does Esau (mankind) respond? "and he urged him, and he took it".

This truth is also presented here:

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

And how do the "lost" of the final age respond? They respond just as Esau did.

Joe

@Patrick1966 @St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
Wow. Fantastic post, brother.
This caught my eye and sent me to check out the context.
You are making a very interesting connection. One I had not seen before. Thanks.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear MatthewG,
Esau was born first and is a "type" for the Old Man. The Old Man represents carnal mankind who dwells upon the earth. He is carnally minded and sinful. His father is Satan (the natural sun) and his mother is the bondwoman (the natural moon). After a believer receives the Early Rain and is called out from the world, Satan will plant his seed (spirit of anti-Christ) within the new believer. This will result in the Abomination of Desolation and make the believer spiritually "worse than the first" (Mat 12:43-45). The Old Man then becomes a Man of Sin.

Jacob was born second and is a "type" for the New Man and for the Elect. The New Man represents a child of God who dwells in the Kingdom of Heaven. He is spiritual and is without sin. His father is Christ (the spiritual sun) and his mother is the freewoman (the New Moon).

Jacob was born "second" to "type" this truth:

Jacob is also a "type" for the Elect:

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son. 10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

In this age, the Elect of Christ are the only ones who are going to be saved. They were chosen for this blessing from the foundation of the world for only one reason: "that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth". To further teach this truth, scripture says that Christ loved Jacob but Esau He hated. Jacob was created to be a vessel of honor and Esau was created to be a vessel of dishonor.

In the end though, after Christ's purpose of election has been satisfied, Christ will be gracious to Esau and will save the rest of mankind.

This truth is "typed" by the scripture you quoted in your original post:

Gen 33:4 But Esau ran to meet him and embraced him and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept. 5 And when Esau lifted up his eyes and saw the women and children, he said, “Who are these with you?” Jacob said, “The children whom God has graciously given your servant.” 6 Then the servants drew near, they and their children, and bowed down. 7 Leah likewise and her children drew near and bowed down. And last Joseph and Rachel drew near, and they bowed down. 8 Esau said, “What do you mean by all this company[a] that I met?” Jacob answered, “To find favor in the sight of my lord.” 9 But Esau said, “I have enough, my brother; keep what you have for yourself.” 10 Jacob said, “No, please, if I have found favor in your sight, then accept my present from my hand. For I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of God, and you have accepted me. 11 Please accept my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough.” Thus he urged him, and he took it.

Read this scripture again but this time with "eyes that can see".

The scripture above "types" the salvation of all mankind in the final age. The Elect (Jacob) will reign with Christ and will help Him bring in the full harvest of mankind. At that time, the Elect will say "please accept my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough...

So how does Esau (mankind) respond? "and he urged him, and he took it".

This truth is also presented here:

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

And how do the "lost" of the final age respond? They respond just as Esau did.

Joe

@Patrick1966 @St. SteVen
Dont know.

All I do know is there is a separation of unbelievers and believers after this life, unless John is wrong.

Its come to my understanding though Esau would be the guy who could hunt a mans man, so to speak while Jacob may have been a nerd in the house watching cartoons.

Either way, both you and Epi, make it clear that they are both pictures and types of someone with the spirit and someone who resides by the flesh.

Malachi stated that Yahava laid to waste Esaus inhertience and gave them to jackels, of the wilderness?

Why?

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont know.

All I do know is there is a separation of unbelievers and believers after this life, unless John is wrong.

Its come to my understanding though Esau would be the guy who could hunt a mans man, so to speak while Jacob may have been a nerd in the house watching cartoons.

Either way, both you and Epi, make it clear that they are both pictures and types of someone with the spirit and someone who resides by the flesh.

Malachi stated that Yahava laid to waste Esaus inhertience and gave them to jackels, of the wilderness?

Why?
Dear MatthewG,
The events of the OT are "types" which teach spiritual truths.

1Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as types, and have been written for our (the Elect) admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

The story of Jacob and Esau teaches a "type" that is spiritually fulfilled by the Elect vs. the non-Elect. That "type" also teaches the truth of "first comes the natural, then comes the spiritual" as I explained in my first post.

You mentioned Malachi 1:3:

Mal 1:3 but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his hill country into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals.”

Esau represents the non-Elect who will not be the heir of Abraham. Jacob represents the Elect who will be the heir. Because of this truth, Esau will not have life in the ages and he will not reign with Christ. But as I pointed out in my last post, Esau will be saved at the end of the final age. He will received life (salvation) but he will suffer the loss of not being an heir.

In the Mal 1:3, it says that Esau's inheritance was turned into a wasteland (wilderness). This happens because the wilderness is where Satan dwells and is who Esau follows.

I will now explain more on the symbol "wilderness" and where it is used elsewhere in scripture. This will take us down a couple of rabbit trails so please bear with me.

Because the symbol "wilderness" represents where Satan dwells, John the Baptist lived in the wilderness, because he, too, was a "type" for the Old Man.

Christ fasted in the wilderness to "type" the time when a believer (Early Rain only) cannot eat the bread of Christ and will "fall away" under Satan's deceptions. This time of falling away was also symbolized by Paul when he could not eat or drink in Damascus for three days.

Another example which uses the symbol "wilderness" is related to the symbol "woman". Please bear with me because I want to first give you a little background on the meaning of the symbol "woman".

A "woman" represents mankind's carnal nature.

The symbol "man" represents the carnal mind (the head).

Here is the formula for mankind's spiritual makeup:

CARNAL MIND + CARNAL SPIRITUAL NATURE = ONE FLESH

Symbolically, this formula can be restated as follows:

ADAM + EVE = ONE FLESH

This verse applies:

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

When Satan came to tempt Adam and Eve, he did so through the "woman" (carnal nature). It is through mankind's carnal nature that Satan tempts mankind. In other words, Satan eats the "dust of the ground" (also a symbol for the carnal nature). When Eve believed Satan over Christ, she spiritually committed adultery with Satan. And because Adam wanted to please his wife (carnal nature), Adam also ate of the forbidden fruit.

This concept is what Paul is saying below:

1Cor 7:33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

This scripture also applies:

1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing (the birthing analogy applies), if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Since Eve was the one who was in transgression, Eve is the one who will bear the penalty of sin (death). For that reason, the carnal nature of mankind will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire. However, mankind's mind (Adam, who was not in transgression) will not be destroyed but will be transformed into the Mind of Christ.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Because of Eve's adultery with Satan, the Garden of Eden became a wilderness and the marriage relationship that Christ had with Adam and Eve ended.

Furthermore, when Eve committed adultery with Satan, this event changed the "woman" into the symbol "Great Harlot". Then later, when a believer (Early Rain only) is indwelt with the spirit of anti-Christ, Satan's spirit makes the Great Harlot the "habitation of devils":

Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great (harlot) is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Because the Great Harlot follows Satan, she is shown to dwell in the wilderness. It is for that reason that John (who dwells in heaven/Garden of Eden) had to be spiritually taken to the wilderness in order to see her.

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

When Christ comes to a fallen away believer whose carnal nature has become the Great Harlot w/devils, He will destroy it in "one hour". The Great Harlot's destruction is presented in symbolic detail in Revelation chapter 18. After it is destroyed (along with the spirit of anti-Christ), the believer will be converted. Conversion requires both the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Latter Rain) and the baptism of Fire (judgment).

With all that said, you should now be able to see why Esau's inheritance was turned into a wasteland (wilderness).

Do you see how Christ (God's Word) teaches us through "another language" (Isa 28:9-12) which uses spiritual symbols?

After a believer is given "eyes that can see", the spiritual language of Christ will open up to them.

Paul said this:

1Cor 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Because Paul only taught in Christ's spiritual language (1Cor 2:13), the Corinthian church (who had only received the Early Rain) could not even understand the milk of the Word. Since the Early Rain is only an "earnest amount" of the Holy Spirit, a believer will remain carnal (outward & literal) in their understanding of God's Word. This is what it means to be spiritually blind.

Joe

@Patrick1966 @St. SteVen