James 2 No such thing as faith without works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone good or evil will receive reward for whst they do, God is not mocked.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing.

Listen...

An unbeliever can give to the poor.

A Believer can do the same.

Both are just doing works.

Salvation is not by works, its by Christ's Sacrifice.

Now, we are to do good works, but, they are only just works..........always.

Works are just works, and water is just water.
I listen...you study God's word.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 143:1 - Do not bring your servant into judgment, for no one living is righteous before you. The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in darkness like those long dead. So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed.

Praise God to the Lord Jesus Christ, that he has saved you from sin - and if you realized what you have done, in your life it will humble you before God, also knowing your flesh will never be perfect... in the flesh, in the spirit it is only possible to do Gods will, but your flesh it impossible.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Are you a Jehovah Witness?
You're pretty amateurish at this aren't you. I have never met nor heard from any JW, especially on this site, that does not name Jehovah at least a half-dozen times in any post. That magic name for them is their idol. They can't not speak his name for any length of time.

The name of my Lord and God is Jesus, not Jehovah. I don't read His past name of Jehovah anymore in the Bible future, after He is called Jesus by God in Matthew 1:1.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The Word crucifixion comes from crux, cross. It remains as a symbol that is proudly erected all over the globe and as art and jewelry in remembrance that identifies us, what we believe in. But JW's refute and deny this! Because their leaders way back when had to find ways to separate themselves from the rest of the false BODY/ Church. That leaves only one option, a torture stake right?
Are you a Jehovah Witness?
I know JW's real well, they are in my family, lots of them. They believe in salvation by faith PLUS works. They cling to that verse in James and avoid all the other scriptures we offered.
While the JWs do agree with Paul, Peter, and James about being zealous to add the good works of virtue, godliness, and charity to their faith, they are not however enjoying the spiritual purity of heart and soul, that only comes by repenting, believing, and receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and God.

Like many holiness Pentecostals, they whole heartedly repent of outward dead works, but they do not repent of inward lust, so that like the Pharisees of yor, they are still sinners within the cup and platter.

Inward and outward sinners such as yourself are therefore not even as righteous as Pharisees, JW's, and some holiness Pentecosters.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
The sad thing is, JW's don't believe they are saved yet.
True. They overdo the truth that we are not yet eternally saved until enduring temptation and overcoming sinning at the end.

The Bible teaches being saved both now, and at the end, when we repent of all sinning now and obey Jesus unto the end.

Those who preach they are already eternally saved, by believing it alone, are not teaching Bible salvation, but their own gospel by their own faith alone. That's why the JWs have more fear of the Lord in their holiness lives, than unrepented yet 'eternally saved' sinner Christians.

They think they'll have to prove themselves worthy
Once again, they agree with Jesus about being worthy in works to walk with Him in white, but until they repent of their created christ, then they will never walk in His light with the purified heart of His faith.

Those not even seeking to please the Father always, and prove themselves worthy of walking with His Son, of course never will by unbelief alone.

JWs are banned from Syria, so no Kingdom Halls there, which makes it very rare to be one and if you are, difficult to practice your religion. But they meet secretly in private homes or of they have sense, flee the country.
No, they have loyalty to Syria and fellow Syrians. And it's not so hard for holiness dressers to go about in public, because in Syria, we have many covered Islamists. Nor have we imploded our country with the 'colorful' and near nude insanity now woken in most western countries.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
and it will take going through the Great Tribulation and even the entire Millennial Kingdom as well ... then maybe ... as God weighs their works,
Some Christians also teach this, and judge one another's faith by how much or less sinning they are doing. Not all Christians teaching salvation apart from works, are actually faithful to it. Some also go on to preach the necessity of sinning less, in order to prove their faith saves the soul.

In the end, therefore, they teach a faith justified by a life weighed by works being properly less sinful or not.

Of course, they would never say so, and even get offended by it, when it's repeated by to them. But that's only because some Christians say what pleases them at the time, and don't take any time to weigh the natural extension of their own doctrine.

He will save them ... or not. Btw, that is not faith, the assurance, certainty of something promised by Christ.
Neither is it the faith, assurance, certainty, and promise of Jesus Christ to any unrepented Christian, that only sins less, or more, depending on the chosen lust of the day.

His assurance of salvation at the end, is by adding His righteous works of virtue, godliness, and charity to our faith with the promise of not falling unto the end. (2 Peter 2)

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
We, who believe are saved NOW, that is faith.
Sure it is. It's your own faith alone, and only in it do you trust.

Jesus says we have salvation now, even if we die, we live. That is what born again means.
No, that's what dying and resurrecting bodily is.

I know that some Christian sinners teach only after the grave, will they ever be wholly pure born of God in Christ Jesus. But that of course is not the Bible.

Now and today is the day to repent of sinning and receive the pure new heart of Christ unto His righteous life, and live even as He lived on earth.

Only inward and outward purity and blamelessness of life is justified with Jesus Christ. That does not include outwardly only, and can never include imagined inwardly only by doctrine alone.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it is. It's your own faith alone, and only in it do you trust.

No, that's what dying and resurrecting bodily is.

I know that some Christian sinners teach only after the grave, will they ever be wholly pure born of God in Christ Jesus. But that of course is not the Bible.

Now and today is the day to repent of sinning and receive the pure new heart of Christ unto His righteous life, and live even as He lived on earth.

Only inward and outward purity and blamelessness of life is justified with Jesus Christ. That does not include outwardly only, and can never include imagined inwardly only by doctrine alone.
The bottom line is: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8
What does that mean to you? If the truth is in you, you must admit that you have sin.

Reactions: mailmandan

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
May I ask, what does it mean to be "reborn"? "Regenerated"? "Born from above"? To be "A new creation"?
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

All the old man and life is now forgiven and passed away, with all things now being new and of God. Nothing remains of the old man and life of sinning and filthy rags of our own good deeds, that were without Christ.

This is only after repenting of sinning with the whole heart. And now beleiving the gospel of Jesus' righteousness with a pure heart.

It's being purely newborn of God, to instantly become sons of God even as His Son born from Mary's womb. We are also given power of the Son, to continue in pure newness of life and walk as He walked on earth.

This is the growth of the pure born sons of God, not the religious Christian growth of only seeking to sin less than before.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

In my understanding, each of these speak of the same thing.
Yes, the Bible teaches it at the exact same time. Which is also being saved, circumcised, baptized, and sanctified in Christ through the Spirit.

What happens to us in rebirth?
As the verse says, all old things no longer exist in our life, and all things are now of God, with nothing of the devil remaining. Just like the Son born into the world:

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
How does it happen?
As He says, by repenting of sinning and beleiving His gospel righteousness unto salvation of our soul.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

No man not yet repented with a whole heart from sinning, can possibly believe with a heart of lust unto God's righteousness.

This is why unrepented Christian sinners say as much, that it is impossible to do Jesus' righteousness walking as He walked.

And they are certainly correct about themselves. Which is perfectly fine with me. I say even as Christians we should live and let live. It's only when certain of them then declare all Christians must be like them also, that I object and expose their gospel religion as not being the pure religion of the Bible.

I don't teach and demand every Christian must be and live holy like me, and I certainly don't believe nor obey any Christian saying, that I must be and live sinful like them.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The Cross itself is just a symbol.. However, Christ had to die on a CROSS, because this was OT Prophecy being fulfilled by the real Messiah.

Its the Christ on It who is the "Gift of God".

When we "preach the Cross' we are showing How Christ died for sin, and why, and for whom. John 3:16

The Gospel of the Grace of God, is the 'preaching of the Cross", as its God's Grace that sent His Son to the Cross.
Its God's Grace that is the blood of Jesus poured out for humanity.

= ""The preaching of the Cross".
True.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As He says, by repenting of sinning and beleiving His gospel righteousness unto salvation of our soul.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

No man not yet repented with a whole heart from sinning, can possibly believe with a heart of lust unto God's righteousness.

This is why unrepented Christian sinners say as much, that it is impossible to do Jesus' righteousness walking as He walked.

And they are certainly correct about themselves. Which is perfectly fine with me. I say even as Christians we should live and let live. It's only when certain of them then declare all Christians must be like them also, that I object and expose their gospel religion as not being the pure religion of the Bible.

I don't teach and demand every Christian must be and live holy like me, and I certainly don't believe nor obey any Christian saying, that I must be and live sinful like them.
Have you studied regeneration much at all? You've given a very simplistic answer, lacking in any real depth.

And you have demonstrated you are not living holy, so to say such things makes you the hypocrite. You should avoid saying such things, out of humility.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and live holy like me,
I think I'm not going to continue with you, as you demonstrate your true state, and your lack of interest in real humility or repentance. I pray God enlighten your eyes! I warn you against dishonest handling of God's Holy Word. God will hold you accountable, regardless of how you portray yourself to others. He knows what is real.

Much love!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
If works can't save you before Christ Saves you with His Sacrifice, then how can these same that didnt save you to begin with, keep you saved?

A.) They can't

You can't even phrase the question Biblically, because you always speak from your own doctrine. Which is why you change the doctrine of the Bible into some ridiculous form of your own making.

Our works of our righteousness without Christ neither save nor justify any man. Repenting of our works for Jesus' sake makes all the works we now do justified of the Father, because they are now only done through Jesus Christ. These are not now 'our' works we first repented of to be saved. They are not His works in and done through us His members on earth.

So far as the necessity of doing all things now through Christ Jesus, in order to ensure our salvation and keep ourselves from falling with the wicked... Since you're not going to believe 2 Peter 1 and 1 John 5, than you're certainly not going to believe me.

You're questions are born of unbelief in the Bible words, and are misshapen by your own words of your own faith.

The reason you always speak of justifying works as being 'our' works of 'our' own righteousness, is because you've never repented of your own works, and so all your works are still your same old works of your same old righteousness. And you are correct, Your continued works of your own righteousness neither justify you with Christ, nor keep yourself saved from the devil.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You can't even phrase the question Biblically, because you always speak from your own doctrine.

I only Teach Pauline Theology.

"Paul's Doctrine". nothing else. No Baptist, No Catholic, No Mormon, No JW, no Berean, No Methodist, = no DENOMINATION that you can _______ Insert.

Man makes Denominations.
God makes CHRISTians.
There are no denominations in Heaven.

Paul the "apostle to the Gentiles'" is sent to us, "in the time of the Gentiles" (we are there) to be our teacher of Salvation, and all other Church Doctrine, as He wrote it.
There is no other, and if your Pope, Pastor, Bishop, Minister, or Pulpit does not agree with what i just told you, and prefers.. "our denominations, doctrine" or "church fathers" or "the original Greek", .....then find a Real Church, and never look back.

Now, here is a question for you, based on your post's false statement.

Q.) Why does the blood and death of Jesus, that is our Redemption/Salvation... keep us saved, no matter what ?".

And, you'll need this verse, to get you started...

Philippians 1:6

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Have you studied regeneration much at all? You've given a very simplistic answer, lacking in any real depth.

Oh boy. This says volumes.

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The deep things of God turned into the depths of Satan, by making the simple things of Jesus Christ into the complex things of another gospel.

Now we see the 'Bible' scholar's rejection of simple truth of the Bible, because it's not 'deeply' complex enough. It's much more intellectually fun to change Bible things around and make God say something He never says.

The reason Bible pure birth by first repentance of sinning, is too simple for you, is simply because you refuse to repent of sinning.

Your deep-diving is ditch-digging into Christian religion for unrepented sinners. You reject repenting first to be wholly born anew with all things now being of God. Instead you preach a Christian reboot and restart as a continued sinner, so that you now regenerate your own life by sinning less than before.

Your old lust of heart remains before and after your conversion, with just lesser manifestation of it now in your Christian religion. That's not the pure religion of Jesus Christ that first begins by repenting of sinning, becomes pure and newborn as Christ without spot and continues without spot in Christ Jesus, by keeping ourselves from the lust and sinning with wicked one.

Simple yes, but true and full of glory in Christ Jesus. The world prefers a little more complexity and spice in a sinner's life.

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And you have demonstrated you are not living holy, so to say such things makes you the hypocrite. You should avoid saying such things, out of humility.
Oh boy again. The good ol' proselytizing into sinful Christian religion. A personal judgement made into false accusation, followed by an appeal to share in the fashionable pseudo-humility of Christian sinners.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Yuckies.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The reason Bible pure birth by first repentance of sinning,

"bible pure birth"..

Is that a way to conceive a child using a bible verse?

I mean really, your phrases are almost impossible to decipher, regarding much of what you post.

So, again...

If you repent from SINNING, and die a Christ Rejector, then you didnt give God the repentance that He requires.
ARE YOU still not able to comprehend that simple fact @Ghada

= God requires not that you try to stop sinning, or cry tears of sorrw about it......What God requires is that you turn from unbelief to FAITH, in Christ.
THAT is the real repentance that God accepts...and no other.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
In the Scriptures there is a stark contrast between people who will live forever and people who will be destroyed. This contrast is not an arbitrary decision based on some mental idea that each person has of himself and his future, but on a classification that will depend on the decision that God will make regarding that specific person.

Jesus Christ, for example, will classify people as goats and sheep during the great tribulation, and in Matt. 25 he mentions a criterion that he uses for that classification: the treatment that people have given to his brothers on earth.

Matt. 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

In the Bible the contrast between people who are saved and those who will be destroyed is intrinsically related to the practices of people during their lives, so it is obvious that salvation depends on the works that each person does, if they are good and approved by God or bad and condemning.

Rev. 22:12; Rom. 2:6 ... according to his work.
Matthew 16:27 ... according to his behavior.
2 Cor. 5:10 ... according to the things he has practiced ... whether good or bad.

Job 34:11 ... according to what he does ... the consequences of his ways.
Psalm 62:12 ... according to his deeds.
Prov. 24:12 ... according to his activity.
I.e. any religion converting and saving the soul, but not the life, is vain religion not having to do with how we leave.