James 2 No such thing as faith without works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 22:12 “‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work.

Psalm 62:12 Also loyal love is yours, O Jehovah, For you repay each one according to his deeds.

Is. 40:10 Look! The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will come with power, And his arm will rule for him. Look! His reward is with him, And the wage he pays is before him.

Rom. 2:6 And he will pay back to each one according to his works

Job 34:11 For he will reward a man according to what he does And bring upon him the consequences of his ways.

Prov. 24:12 If you say, “But we did not know about this,” Does not the One who examines hearts discern it? Yes, the One who watches you will know And will repay each man according to his activity.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man is to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will repay each one according to his behavior.

2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of the Christ, so that each one may be repaid according to the things he has practiced while in the body, whether good or bad.
As seen, the Scriptures show that there is a judgement based on each one's works, as James said under inspiration to every empty man:

James 2:20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless?

• Love
Reactions: gpresdo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Righteous works
There is no such thing.

Listen...

An unbeliever can give to the poor.

A Believer can do the same.

Both are just doing works.

Salvation is not by works, its by Christ's Sacrifice.

Now, we are to do good works, but, they are only just works..........always.

Works are just works, and water is just water.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing.

Listen...

An unbeliever can give to the poor.

A Believer can do the same.

Both are just doing works.

Salvation is not by works, its by Christ's Sacrifice.

Now, we are to do good works, but, they are only just works..........always.

Works are just works, and water is just water.
Works are required..not in stead of...but...in addition of.
Please study the KJV 1611 edition of the Bible and you will not be inclined to follow dribble. That is dangerous for your eternal salvation.

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is going to be saved by the works they do, BUT as the Bible says, the works that are done are what will determine the outcome of the judgment; that is a common factor in all these passages ... and no one can nulify the Scriptures because he doesn't like what they say:

Rev. 22:12 “‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work.

Psalm 62:12 Also loyal love is yours, O Jehovah, For you repay each one according to his deeds.

Is. 40:10 Look! The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will come with power, And his arm will rule for him. Look! His reward is with him, And the wage he pays is before him.

Rom. 2:6 And he will pay back to each one according to his works

Job 34:11 For he will reward a man according to what he does And bring upon him the consequences of his ways.

Prov. 24:12 If you say, “But we did not know about this,” Does not the One who examines hearts discern it? Yes, the One who watches you will know And will repay each man according to his activity.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man is to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will repay each one according to his behavior.

2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of the Christ, so that each one may be repaid according to the things he has practiced while in the body, whether good or bad.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is going to be saved by the works they do, BUT as the Bible says, the works that are done are what will determine the outcome of the judgment; that is a common factor in all these passages ... and no one can nulify the Scriptures because he doesn't like what they say:
this is just another way of saying works save us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Works are required..not in stead of...but...in addition of.
Please study the KJV 1611 edition of the Bible and you will not be inclined to follow dribble. That is dangerous for your eternal alvation.

Im born again.
= my eternal security, is to be "in Christ".

Also....

Here is where you are missing the understanding...

What God did for you, on the Cross, is your Salvation.

After you receive it, as "the GIFT of Salvation">. = You are now a disciple, and you do works according to having become a Disciple.

Notice that Salvation is what God provided, (before you became a disciple) and if you have Salvation, you have it before you ever did one good work for God.

THEN, you provide to God, your Discipleship, that is your = "present your body a living sacrifice to God"...

But that is not your Salvation......to do that.
You do that because you already have Salvation, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Rom. 1:28 Just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting. 29 And they were filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, and badness, being full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice, being whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, schemers of what is harmful, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, false to agreements, having no natural affection, and merciless. 32 Although these know full well the righteous decree of God—that those practicing such things are deserving of death—they not only keep on doing them but also approve of those practicing them.

Hypocrites and liars love to nullify the Scriptures to justify the fact that they do not want to abandon bad behavior that God disapproves of.

Rev. 21:5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the spring of the water of life free. 7 Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and the sexually immoral and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This means the second death.

Eph. 5:3 Let sexual immorality and every sort of uncleanness or greediness not even be mentioned among you, just as is proper for holy people; 4 neither shameful conduct nor foolish talking nor obscene jesting—things that are not befitting—but rather the giving of thanks. 5 For you know this, recognizing it for yourselves, that no sexually immoral person or unclean person or greedy person, which means being an idolater, has any inheritance in the Kingdom of the Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore, do not be sharers with them

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously doing good works and not practicing the things that God condemns are not the only things that determine salvation, but their role in it is decisive.

Psal. 37:10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Liars and hypocrites want to nullify everything the Bible reveals about behavior that God approves of, and they want to make it seem like practicing bad things does not affect people's future.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

So: does it matter what a person practices, or not? Will it affect his eternal future, or not?

Who is the enemy of life that wants to deceive people so they think that the things they practice do not matter? It is THAT ONE who wishes more people to be destroyed on the day of judgment.

Rev. 12:12 On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.

But surely those lying and hypocritical people who do not believe in the Bible also want to deceive them by making them believe that this enemy of life does not exist.

1 Pet. 5:8 Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone. 9 But take your stand against him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same kind of sufferings are being experienced by the entire association of your brothers in the world. 10 But after you have suffered a little while, the God of all undeserved kindness, who called you to his everlasting glory in union with Christ, will himself finish your training. He will make you firm, he will make you strong, he will firmly ground you. 11 To him be the might forever. Amen.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Newsflash: Christians are forgiven, there is now no condemnation!
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

So there is no judgment for sins anymore.

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Any Christian or other religious person can preach nullifying God's judgment, that is without respect of persons, but that only lasts until the grave.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

I Our spirits are norn again. They are pure. They have to be especially since we can die suddenly at any moment before we had the chance to utter, "Forgive me Father". But we have this flesh, (an integrated being made of soul and body), that still remains with us.
Jesus preaches inward purity with outward purity, not your gospel of inward purity with outward uncleanness.

He gives us new life, makes us a new creature spiritually and THEN spends the rest of our lives growing that spirit While our soul and body gradually are influenced by this new life,
Jesus preaches repenting first to be converted and born of Him, not your gospel of gradual progressive Christianity, where there is always continuing unrepentance.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I think your problem is that you don't think there is a separation between body and soul and our new spirit.
I know from the Bible there isn't, and I know from your gospel you preach it to justified continued Christian sinning for life.

Our soul is the life we live in the flesh. Our body is not blames for our soul's life with it.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Biblically, our soul does the sinning or the righteousness with the body, and our soul is condemned or justified accordingly.

I've heard Christians blaming their bodies for their sinning, but strangely I've never heard any of you credit your good deeds to your body.

Some Christian bodies just can't catch a break. They're at fault if the Christian sins, but the Christian is honored for doing any good.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
My last attempt:
Do you believe that a born again Christian begins from day one to love God and others _ fully _ 100% of the time?
Of course. It's the Bible's pure born conversion with all things now being of God, after repenting of sinning and being converted to Jesus and His faith.

We all know that is not true.
I know you Christian sinners don't believe it. It's not possible for you too, because you haven't repented yet, and so you've never seen it for yourself yet. Time's wasting. All chances to repent of sinning end in the grave.

We repented Christian saints, that believe all the words of the Bible, do believe and know it most assuredly.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ignorance of it by an unbelieving heart, especially preaching against it, is no one's fault but their own. IN Peter 2:2, it's one thing to not repent and cease from sinning, but entirely another to teach against it.

Once the spirit of a person has been raised to life by the Spirit of God, the old desires of the flesh do not suddenly disappear.
Not in your gospel of unbelief.

Back to occasional fleshy acts of sin.

Of course, you're gospel is never far from it in doctrine nor in practice. It's called unrepentance. Been resisting long enough, now back to it again.

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

This verse actually can only apply to repented Christian saints such as myself. It can't apply to anyone that has never wholly repented and known the escape from our old lust and vomit.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Why? Because I am guilty and then I'm sorry, ask God's forgiveness, confess my sin and apologize to others for failing them.
Now we have the feel sorry for sinning gospel. No repentance anywhere. It's certainly not Bible.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Just feeling sorry without repentance is lip-service confession without godly sorrow from the heart. It still works death by continued unrepented sinning.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I see it as Paul did, a war between flesh and spirit. Paul (not Saul) did things that he did not want to do.
Yes, I believe Paul knew what it was at one time to be double hearted in his conversion. All Christians no doubt experience it. The difference between Christian saints and sinners, is that we saints know it is wretched unto repentance and deliverance from it. The Christian sinners are sorry for it, but not to repent of it.

And the Christian sinners that teach it as normal Christianity for life, cannot ever be delivered from it, like Paul was by Jesus Christ, until they first repent of their doctrine of darkness that they call light.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
He recognized that sins still dwells in the members of his flesh.
Christ still isn't creating and making souls and bodies with sin. Nor is the devil slipping sin into the womb on the sly.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Scriptures there is a stark contrast between people who will live forever and people who will be destroyed. This contrast is not an arbitrary decision based on some mental idea that each person has of himself and his future, but on a classification that will depend on the decision that God will make regarding that specific person.

Jesus Christ, for example, will classify people as goats and sheep during the great tribulation, and in Matt. 25 he mentions a criterion that he uses for that classification: the treatment that people have given to his brothers on earth.

Matt. 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

In the Bible the contrast between people who are saved and those who will be destroyed is intrinsically related to the practices of people during their lives, so it is obvious that salvation depends on the works that each person does, if they are good and approved by God or bad and condemning.

Rev. 22:12; Rom. 2:6 ... according to his work.
Matthew 16:27 ... according to his behavior.
2 Cor. 5:10 ... according to the things he has practiced ... whether good or bad.

Job 34:11 ... according to what he does ... the consequences of his ways.
Psalm 62:12 ... according to his deeds.
Prov. 24:12 ... according to his activity.

Reactions: Ghada