James Was Not Talking about Faith in Jesus Christ for Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, it’s your doctrine that is full of fallacies, contradictions and double talk. You clearly teach salvation by faith “and works” no matter how much you try and sugarcoat it. You are not fooling me or any other of my brothers and sisters in Christ on this forum.
I love it!

The scream at us we are falsely accusing them they teach works based salvation.

Then demand works must be done to be saved.

And we are the confused one..lol

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does God save us in baptism?
well lets see.

1. By God baptizing us into His death and burial (Romans 6)
2. By God baptizing us into Christ
3. By God baptizing us into the body of Christ.
4. By the circumcision, or cleansing of our sin, which is done by the work of God by the baptism of the spirit
5. By the washing of new birth which is performed by the holy spirit

How is it NOT accomplished.

through baptism in water.
Does His gospel teach it is done directly by God?
Or does God command men to baptize men in order for God to work His saving power on us in baptism?

You teach man plays no part in this baptism to be saved.

Why did Jesus teach that men are to do the baptizing in His gospel if you are correct?

Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Without a doubt Jesus commands men to baptize men in His gospel!
To say otherwise as you are doing is to disagree with Jesus!

Colossians 2:12 is the Greek work, baptizo, water.
Therefore God works His power on us in water immersion.

Just as Jesus commands in His gospel,
Mark 16:15-16 ; Matthew 28:19 ; Colossians 2:12

Paul himself said his sins were washed away in water immersion when he was taught Jesus' gospel by the preacher Ananias in Acts 22:16,
And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized(baptizo) and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
You just yelled at @mailmandan and myself and falsly accused us of falsly accusing you of teaching works

Yet here you are in your own words teaching works.

You should apologize for your false accusation.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually my argument is not needed at all for faith onlyists kill their own argument be falsely defining obedience as a work of merit so they can then attack that false definition. Luther's false dichotomy that salvation is by faith alone OR by works of merit is just that... FALSE for it falsely defines obedience to God as a work of merit.

So the faith onlyists' arguments have no Biblical basis but are not even couched in logic.
there is no such thing as faith alone

So your faith only remark is false and has no merit

A work of merit is a work done to merit a reward, Wage or something in return.

You preach we must do works to merit salvation.

So you preach works of merit. No matter how you try to spin it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still don’t get it. The gospel is the “good news” of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.

*To “believe” the gospel is the trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. (Romans 1:16)

The gospel is a message of grace that is to be received through faith. The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works (including water baptism) to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.

You teach a “different” gospel of salvation by faith “and works.”
lol..

While he accuses you of contradicting yourself. He is the one found in contradicting himself. "I do not teach salvation by works, But we must work to be saved"

smh

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing sin and righteousness. Righteousness is a good thing. Imagine the level of error it takes to make good bad and bad good. Now consider how you have been indoctrinated to ignore the majority of scripture because of a few misapplied proof texts that sound right in a bad context.
You love to talk about me! It's too bad we can't just have a real dialog!

Much love!

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James was written to already saved, Christian jews who had faith in Jesus Christ:

Jas 2:1 My dear brothers and sisters, fellow believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ—how could we say that we have faith in him and yet we favor one group of people above another? TPT

Jas 2:1 My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. ESV

Jas 2:1 My brothers, do not let your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus, the Messiah, be tainted by favoritism. ISV

It’s helpful to read all of the Bible, not just parts of it.

@Ernest T. Bass

James 2:1My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

The fact that he is still addressing them as brethren proves they are still saved but yet in need to repent of respecting people over others which the church was doing in mistreating and disrespecting the poor believers just because they were poor.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:4--one must be holy without blemish= wash our robes white.

That is what running that race by faith in Jesus Christ to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily in walking in the light in fellowship with the father & the Son is all about. Going on to perfection by living a life of repentance daily in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what running that race by faith in Jesus Christ to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily in walking in the light in fellowship with the father & the Son is all about. Going on to perfection by living a life of repentance daily in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Yes we must confess our sins. But we must repent and turn around to get them blotted out-Acts3:19

Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is judgement scenario at Matt 7:22-23. its to late then.

Even though too late to be accepted by the Bridegroom, and be denied by Him to get left behind, they are still saved.

• 2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

How Former Believers Are Still Saved?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The idea some have that salvation is by grace ALONE and by faith ALONE has always been logically contradictory, unbiblical.

Salvation is God as Christ on the Cross.
He completed it there, 2000 yrs ago.
John 3:14

"Faith" believes it.
If you have this, God accepts it, to then apply to you, what He did on the Cross for you.

= "The gift of Salvation"....>"The Gift of Righteousness".

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does justification mean to you? What does it mean to be reconciled to God? Biblically speaking?

Much love!

Justification as in salvation, being bought with a price and sealed as His whereby we can call God Father is us having been reconciled to God through Jesus Christ. Discipleship is running that race by living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ as we trust him to help us lay aside every weight & sin to be accepted by Him when He comes as the Bridegroom, otherwise, He will finish His work in those left behind the hard way.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol..

While he accuses you of contradicting yourself. He is the one found in contradicting himself. "I do not teach salvation by works, But we must work to be saved"

smh
More misrepresentation by you and Danthemailman.

I teach we are not saved by meritorious works salvation.

I do believe we are saved by working the works of God, John 6:28-29.
This is the same kind of works James teaches justifies, saves us, James 2:24.

So no, I did not contradict.

Did James contradict himself when he said works of faith justify?

I am teaching the same.

Faith with obedient works, save.

Not what you said I said,
"I do not teach salvation by works, But we must work to be saved"
i.e. "but we must do works of men to merit salvation".
You are gulity of twisting my words.

The kinds of works that save makes all the difference in what I am teaching.

Since there are different kinds of works in the Bible.
I am not contradicting myself by teaching works save but not meritorious works as you wrongly accuse me of teaching.

Do we do works of man to be saved? No, Ephesians 2:8-9.
Do we work the works of God to be saved, John 6:28-29, Yes.
Then they said to Him, "What may we do, that we may work the works of God?"
Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.

Even your false gospel of belief only and no works has a work of God. Faith in Jesus Christ.
Yet you contradict your own gospel by saying there are no works in salvation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justification as in salvation, being bought with a price and sealed as His whereby we can call God Father is us having been reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.

Great passages!

To my understanding, justification means to render righteous. We are justified by God by faith, that is, God imputes to us righteousness when we trust in Him. We are also justified by God through death, that as we've been immersed into Jesus' death and burial, and are raised with Him, what comes out of the ground isn't what went into it. We went in unrighteous, but we are raised righteous. "Put on the new man, which is created patterned after God in righteousness and true holiness."

Reconciliation is to restore to friendship. How complete is our reconciliation in Christ?

Much love!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Salvation is God as Christ on the Cross.
He completed it there, 2000 yrs ago.
John 3:14

"Faith" believes it.
If you have this, God accepts it, to then apply to you, what He did on the Cross for you.

= "The gift of Salvation"....>"The Gift of Righteousness".

Christ died for every man (Hebrews 2:9) but every man will not be saved (Matthew 7:13) because every man will not obey Christ (Hebrews 5:9). And it is those who obey, who "worketh righteousness" that are the ones God accepts (Acts of the Apostles 10:35) and the disobedient God will in flaming fire take vengeance upon (2 Thessalonians 1:8).

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great passages!

To my understanding, justification means to render righteous. We are justified by God by faith, that is, God imputes to us righteousness when we trust in Him. We are also justified by God through death, that as we've been immersed into Jesus' death and burial, and are raised with Him, what comes out of the ground isn't what went into it. We went in unrighteous, but we are raised righteous. "Put on the new man, which is created patterned after God in righteousness and true holiness."

Reconciliation is to restore to friendship.

Amen. No need for a continual filling of the spirit since we have been always Spirit-filled since salvation.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

How complete is our reconciliation in Christ?

So complete is our reconciliation after having received Him is that all we need to do is walk in Him as all the fulness of the Godhead resides in us bodily for why our bodies are the physical temples of the Holy Spirit. Here is is the joy of our salvation in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.... 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: