Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tell us then what does god small g mean? And God requires you to be like the Boreans and make sure of all things. Not for me to do it for you. Satan was called god at 2Cor 4:4--he is not The God, he does however have godlike qualities since he is powerful enough to control the weather when he killed Jobs children and has mislead 99% from the rebellion in Eden and after.

It measn the translators to different languages into their language made decisions to differentiate between the real God and all false gods. The capitals were not ther in the original manuscripts and all faithful copies!

YOu need to accept the fact that Satan is called THE GOD of this world with the definite article. You are trying to strain at a gnat that does not even exist.

Once again having godlike qualities does not qualify to make one called a god, the God. God is God because He is God, all others are counterfeits trying to be like God! Whether the definite article appears or not!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Bible wrong to state: (Exodus 20:5) . . .for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion. . .

Was Jesus wrong to state: (Matthew 4:10) . . .“Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
(Luke 10:27) . . .“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ . . .

Are we in error when we Christians say: (1 Corinthians 8:6) . . .there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. . .
Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

Not correct. It is a falsely leading question based upon a falsely taught doctrine for Jesus Christ.

The real question is: Was Jehovah a name God gave in the past only to Moses and the children of Israel, and is Jesus now His name given to all mankind?

Yes.

But, it was a good try. Like I've said many times before, their created christ is false, but they are certainly creative about trying to teach it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah was the name given by Christ to the children of Israel after He gave them His first covenant.

It was only for the natural seed of Abraham, and them converting to the faith of Abraham.

Now, the risen God of Israel's name is Jesus, and is given to all mankind, including the heathen Gentiles that would flow unto Him and serve Him:

The Gentiles, that never new the name of Jehovah for Savior, only know the name of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Christ4Me

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name of Jehovah is not worshipped by believing Gentiles of the world, but is only worshipped by the unbelieving Jews and idolizers of that name as being above the name of Jesus, which for God is above every other name He ever gave for Himself, first Almighty God to one man, and then Jehovah to one natural body of people, and now Jesus to all mankind to believe and be saved by.

No man is being saved by believing in the name of Jehovah, but only by believing in the name of Jesus Christ.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

The only name to believe on for eternal salvation is that of Jesus, not Jehovah.

Jehovah was a great name God gave for Himself to a certain body of people, but Jesus is declared the greatest name of the risen God and Savior given for Himself to all mankind now and forever.

The name Jehovah is no more written nor spoken of in Scripture, after He was made flesh and called Jesus by name.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Lord Jehovah that had appeared to Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob in the O.T.

Jesus Is Jehovah

Read it in context;

Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus said those words to rebuke the devil that he is to worship Him instead.

Even the unclean spirits acknowledged Him as God for why they had worshipped Him.

Mark 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Hence the Son of God is God of the Three Witnesses within the One God.

Note the switch now of the first commandment from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

This is so for those who have trouble loving Gd with all of their heart, soul, mind, & strength because no matter how much the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak therefore what is impossible with man, is possible with God. By believing in Jesus Christ is how we have hope in loving God with our heart, mind, souls, & His strength.

In context again;

1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

How about asking Jesus at that throne of grace why you are praying to Him when we are only to pray to God? And while you are at it, ask Him why one God and one Lord means the same thing as referring to deity?

Ask Him why denying Him as God is the same thing as denying the Father as God at the same time?

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Yes, Jesus is God. That is why He was crucified. It wasn't for leaving the toilet seat up or an overdue library book or unpaid parking tickets.

A single teaching in OT proves your error--The LORD( YHWH) said to my lord(Jesus)

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It measn the translators to different languages into their language made decisions to differentiate between the real God and all false gods. The capitals were not ther in the original manuscripts and all faithful copies!

YOu need to accept the fact that Satan is called THE GOD of this world with the definite article. You are trying to strain at a gnat that does not even exist.

Once again having godlike qualities does not qualify to make one called a god, the God. God is God because He is God, all others are counterfeits trying to be like God! Whether the definite article appears or not!

You better relook, you are in error-- Ho Theos was only called to the true God in the NT. Plain Theos to all others called god.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
34,000 religions claiming to be christian. All claim to have holy spirit. But all creation can see the mass of confusion. Jesus started a single religion. Only 1 has him and holy spirit. 1Cor 1:10= unity of thought( all matters of Gods 1 truth) no division= 1 single religion.
God had 1 religion in the OT because there is only 1 truth. The Nt mentions one must have an accurate knowledge about 10 x. John 4:22-24 Gods will= one must worship him in spirit and truth. How does one choose= The teachers that Jesus appointed teach exactly what Jesus teaches. Like this truth-John 20:17, Rev 3:12

We believe all the words of the Bible. Natural man does not receive the words in any depth. One needs the Spirit for discernment. Growth in knowledge takes many years of study - and we never finish. There is a book entitled "How To Be A Christian Without Being Religious".
In it the author said, "Religion is mans way of reaching God and Christianity is God's way of reaching man."
So you claim that thousands of religions exist? Since every person is uniquely different and has a different level of understanding, knowledge and discernment, we therefore each have our own religious construct - which is all based on the Word, just approached, applied, practiced a little differently. Might as well say there are 2.65 billion religions. I am sure I would not be in total agreement about everything with everyone in my church ( of 3000) - even my Pastor. But I probably agree with him at least 95 %. I think most all Christians agree on the essentials. Non-essentials are debated more.
We are all in the Body of Christ because we believe that Jesus died for our sins and rise in the third day - That is the prerequisite to salvation. Understanding God and His word perfectly is not a prerequisite for salvation! No one would make it. God knows our flaws and has factored them into His perfect plan. What you don't see is the perfect Body of Christ, like He does, pure and white as snow. This is each amd every one of our spirits. What you and the rest of us see is good mixed with evil, truth mixed with lies or misconceptions. We still have the flesh and don't always walk in the Spirit. The Ten Commandments are there to show us what sin is and it is a pillar of righteousness that no man except Jesus has fulfilled.
Maybe we should all start looking at what is good and forgivimg the rest as God does? That is difficult.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe all the words of the Bible. Natural man does not receive the words in any depth. One needs the Spirit for discernment. Growth in knowledge takes many years of study - and we never finish. There is a book entitled "How To Be A Christian Without Being Religious".
In it the author said, "Religion is mans way of reaching God and Christianity is God's way of reaching man."
So you claim that thousands of religions exist? Since every person is uniquely different and has a different level of understanding, knowledge and discernment, we therefore each have our own religious construct - which is all based on the Word, just approached, applied, practiced a little differently. Might as well say there are 2.65 billion religions. I am sure I would not be in total agreement about everything with everyone in my church ( of 3000) - even my Pastor. But I probably agree with him at least 95 %. I think most all Christians agree on the essentials. Non-essentials are debated more.
We are all in the Body of Christ because we believe that Jesus died for our sins and rise in the third day - That is the prerequisite to salvation. Understanding God and His word perfectly is not a prerequisite for salvation! No one would make it. God knows our flaws and has factored them into His perfect plan. What you don't see is the perfect Body of Christ, like He does, pure and white as snow. This is each amd every one of our spirits. What you and the rest of us see is good mixed with evil, truth mixed with lies or misconceptions. We still have the flesh and don't always walk in the Spirit. The Ten Commandments are there to show us what sin is and it is a pillar of righteousness that no man except Jesus has fulfilled.
Maybe we should all start looking at what is good and forgivimg the rest as God does? That is difficult.

These believe as you do-Matt 7:22-23-- They thought they were the body of Christ as well. But in verse 21 Jesus is clear--Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved) And they must do it until their end and will be saved.-Matt 10:22, Matt 24:13--Its more than just believing. Those in 22-23 believe, it did them no good. The Fathers will=John 4:22-24--the only true God=The Father. Jesus teaches that Fact at John 17:3--The one who sent him=The ONLY TRUE GOD = Father. It takes believing Jesus over dogmas that are filled with error, Few will, that is why-Few will find the road. Do you not think that Jesus being the way is by one believing him FIRST?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These believe as you do-Matt 7:22-23-- They thought they were the body of Christ as well. But in verse 21 Jesus is clear--Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved) And they must do it until their end and will be saved.-Matt 10:22, Matt 24:13--Its more than just believing. Those in 22-23 believe, it did them no good. The Fathers will=John 4:22-24--the only true God=The Father. Jesus teaches that Fact at John 17:3--The one who sent him=The ONLY TRUE GOD = Father. It takes believing Jesus over dogmas that are filled with error, Few will, that is why-Few will find the road. Do you not think that Jesus being the way is by one believing him FIRST?
You don't know me, yet you claim that I don't know Christ? I know Him, He is YHWH, my Savior, Messiah, the First and the Last, the All Mighty God, the Door, the Bread of Life, the Way the Truth and the Life, the Resurrection, the Good Shepherd, Son of God, The Light of the World, Whom has All Authority in heaven and on earth, Who has washed my sins and forgiven me, Who has given me the Holy Spirit, Who also lives in me.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know me, yet you claim that I don't know Christ? I know Him, He is YHWH, my Savior, Messiah, the First and the Last, the All Mighty God, the Door, the Bread of Life, the Way the Truth and the Life, the Resurrection, the Good Shepherd, Son of God, The Light of the World, Whom has All Authority in heaven and on earth, Who has washed my sins and forgiven me, Who has given me the Holy Spirit, Who also lives in me.

The LORD( YHWH) said to my lord( Jesus) --proves your error--Every spot in the Ot where LORD all capitols is and GOD all capitols=YHWH. See it was not all capitols for Jesus, He is not YHWH. YHWH sent Jesus.
Jesus is never called allmighty God, And never called Sovereign LORD as YHWH is 200 x in Ezekial alone.
You say you know Jesus but will not believe him-John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- God gave all the key for free--This is my son the beloved in whom i am well pleased-LISTEN TO HIM--He is the way, truth and life--Believe Jesus.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LORD( YHWH) said to my lord( Jesus) --proves your error--Every spot in the Ot where LORD all capitols is and GOD all capitols=YHWH. See it was not all capitols for Jesus, He is not YHWH. YHWH sent Jesus.
Jesus is never called allmighty God, And never called Sovereign LORD as YHWH is 200 x in Ezekial alone.
I will direct you to a previous post >> Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty"! Rev. 1:8
The book is the Revelation of Jesus Christ. So John hears his voice, turns and sees: "... seven golden lampstands and among the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man dressed in a robe reaching down to His feet and with a golden sash around His chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire, His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. When I saw him I fell at his feet as though dead, Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever. I hold the keys of death and Hades." Rev. 1:12-17

That is describing Jesus, not the Father.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say you know Jesus but will not believe him-John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- God gave all the key for free--This is my son the beloved in whom i am well pleased-LISTEN TO HIM--He is the way, truth and life--Believe Jesus.
Yes, and the Father refers to the Son as God too:
"But of the Son He says, "Your THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF TH HIS KINGDOM." HEB. 1:8
Btw, you can examine 60 different English translations of that verse at the Biblegateway.com and they all say the same.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will direct you to a previous post >> Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty"! Rev. 1:8
The book is the Revelation of Jesus Christ. So John hears his voice, turns and sees: "... seven golden lampstands and among the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man dressed in a robe reaching down to His feet and with a golden sash around His chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire, His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. When I saw him I fell at his feet as though dead, Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever. I hold the keys of death and Hades." Rev. 1:12-17

That is describing Jesus, not the Father.

There are a minimum of 3 speakers in revelation-God, Jesus and John. When Jesus comes he comes in the name of Jehovah. Its Jehovahs power that does it all.( Acts 2:22) Rev 1:8 is Jehovah speaking. He is the almighty. John speaks in verse 9-- Only YHWH is called the almighty. Jesus never was called that. Jesus is first and last in many things-Firstborn of all creation-Created direct first and last.( he tells you so at Prov 8) First and last to come to earth and be born mortal. First and last to be appointed king of Gods kingdom. First and last to get a bride of 144,000 from the earth. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.