Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as Jesus is called God- then you consider Him a false God! If th eFather is the only true God all others are false!

Teh LXX is a greek OT translation , it does not include any New Testament books. YOur false arguments are glaring!

You mean 2 Cor. 4:4 and the definite article is there. Satan is declared THE god of this world!

YOu also forget that all manuscripts did not have capitals for proper names or proper nouns! Sorry, yo need to go back and learn what is correct before you try to argue in this arena!

You are wrong again ! Yahweh means I am who/that I am.

The Masoretic Text of Exodus 3:14 says this : haya aser haya I am that I am! You should check for yourself instead of believing teh Watchtower propaganda!

A god = has godlike qualities or was divine. It is not calling him The God. God called Moses-God capitol g but he was not God. He had godlike qualities the same way Jesus does-Acts 2;22--Gods power went through him.
The Hebrew scholars say there is no i am that i am in the OT--I will be what i will is the correct translating. They know the language better than any trinitarian. I believed the Hebrew scholars.
Jesus teaches the truth on who is God--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--His real followers believe him first over error filled dogmas.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "God was manifest in the Flesh"

You are doing laps on verses already shown to undermine your position. To say ‘David H was shown in the mirror’ is not to say the mirror is David H.

I do like how you invented a new meaning ‘manifest.’ It shows creativity but sadly, also desperation.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how you get the trinity and the trinity doctrine out of that. And it was not 'the Father' who spoke from heaven but God, in his unitarian nature. 'For us, there is one God, the Father.'

Notice how God's Holy Spirit is depicted as a dove? That's how you know it is not a person.
Descended like a dove. Oh wait, you may have a point ... but then ... was Jesus really a lamb? Or bread, a vine, a door ... ?
I noticed you didn't comment about baptism. Did you get baptized in the name of the Father and of thenSin and of the Holy Spirit?

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A god = has godlike qualities or was divine. It is not calling him The God. God called Moses-God capitol g but he was not God. He had godlike qualities the same way Jesus does-Acts 2;22--Gods power went through him.

YOur definition is totally made up by the Watchtower. They do not get to redefine words at their whim!

God
[ɡäd]
NOUN
  1. (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
    synonyms:
    the Father · Jehovah · the Almighty · the Supreme Being · the Deity ·
    [more]
  2. (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
    "a moon god" ·
    [more]
No one here is calling Jesus HIs Father who is above all, but as the bible does say- that Jesus is just as divine as His father!

The Hebrew scholars say there is no i am that i am in the OT--I will be what i will is the correct translating. They know the language better than any trinitarian. I believed the Hebrew scholars.

Name three of these supposed scholars! I will get you the names of native Hebrew Speakers (that is scholarship in itself.

but go online and look at all teh scholars who translated the OT and see that the verbs are not future or subjunctive but simple present verbs, So your scholars who are anonymous do not know even verb constructs.

I AM Who/That I am is the correct translation from Hebrew Scholars who do not hide behind anonymity.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOur definition is totally made up by the Watchtower. They do not get to redefine words at their whim!

God
[ɡäd]
NOUN
  1. (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
    synonyms:
    the Father · Jehovah · the Almighty · the Supreme Being · the Deity ·
    [more]
  2. (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
    "a moon god" ·
    [more]
No one here is calling Jesus HIs Father who is above all, but as the bible does say- that Jesus is just as divine as His father!

Name three of these supposed scholars! I will get you the names of native Hebrew Speakers (that is scholarship in itself.

but go online and look at all teh scholars who translated the OT and see that the verbs are not future or subjunctive but simple present verbs, So your scholars who are anonymous do not know even verb constructs.

I AM Who/That I am is the correct translation from Hebrew Scholars who do not hide behind anonymity.

You tell us then what does god small g mean? And God requires you to be like the Boreans and make sure of all things. Not for me to do it for you. Satan was called god at 2Cor 4:4--he is not The God, he does however have godlike qualities since he is powerful enough to control the weather when he killed Jobs children and has mislead 99% from the rebellion in Eden and after.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, you are waiting for Paradise on earth and you were taught that there is limited space in heaven - only enough for 144k. That number would have eclipsed within years of Christ's death. Oh well. The Millennial Kingdom will be like Paradise, peace in earth, love and all Christians who periodically visit their King, Lord and Savior and God, Jesus in Jerusalem sitting on His throne. Even the animal kingdomwill be at peace.
The question is, will you worship Him and bow your knee.
You guys think the Father's name is Jehovah and so all your worship goes to Him. Did you ever pray to Jesus and thank Him for washing your sins away? Or just thanked the Father for sending Him?
Jesus has done everything for you and loves you. Do you love Him and tell Him that?

I understand and do not necessarily disagree with your assessment of the 144 k being gathered in Jesus day, but I think one day we will discover that just like today not everyone in the first century who became a Christian was anointed. The truth is that 144k will be redeemed from the earth Rev 14:3 and that Christians will inherit the earth Mat 5:5. Those who are holy ones of the covenant, are selected to reside in heaven as Kings and Priests to rule over the earth beside King Jesus Rev 5:9,10 and are actually referred to as his bride.

When Jesus taught us to pray for God's Kingdom to come, and that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven, what do you say he meant sir?

Reactions: Keiw

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away ..." Rev. 21:1
All former things will pass away (Rev. 21:5) Behold He will make ALL THINGS NEW!

"And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper. 12 It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall. 16 The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. 17 And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements. 18 The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; 20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." Rev. 21:10-21

Some myth. This is not symbolic language other than verse 11 describing her brilliance. No, symbolic language does not describe something with such detail, specific stones, specific measurements, the size of the city: 1500 miles x 1500 miles x 1500 miles. This is the New Heaven. Why would you be surprised of the construction? We've seen all those actual stones yet not in those amounts. Man has never made anything quite like that, so why would you suspect Heaven to be anything less than what is described here? Why the height of 1500 miles? We look up at the sky and see several miles and beyond. Outer space is 62 miles. But let say heaven had multiple dimensions, layers upon layers. In other words, plateaus upon plateaus of people living in their environments - a quite different reality. Let's imagine the first level to be 10 miles high, that would accommodate mountains and many layers of clouds. So you could realistically have 150 levels x 2 million square miles. Did you ever wonder what heaven is like? Come on, use your imagination. That's plenty of room for a few billion souls. And with multidimensional eternal bodies capable of appearing, ascending, traveling distances with a thought ... frankly equivalent to: Beam me up Scotty to level 486, I want to visit the Apostle Paul with his mansion next to what looks like Yosemite. My environment would look like Kauai ... I like snorkeling and swimming with the turtles. Some may like the mountains, skiing - that will be their heaven. JW's seem to have this vague and lackluster view of place not knowing what anybody does nor can do. This is all conjecture of course, but not scripture, that is to be taken literally.

Time will tell Ronald.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you get baptized in the name of the Father and of thenSin and of the Holy Spirit?
Irrelevant. Do you remember my thread on the rebellious Apostles who not one time baptized per this trio?

I know you want to connect baptism to the nature of God and the trinity doctrine but it remains absent from Scripture. No verse says if you don’t believe in the trinity, you cannot be saved.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irrelevant. Do you remember my thread on the rebellious Apostles who not one time baptized per this trio?

I know you want to connect baptism to the nature of God and the trinity doctrine but it remains absent from Scripture. No verse says if you don’t believe in the trinity, you cannot be saved.

Yes good point-him= a singular being-- As well another spot says--I am YHWH( Jehovah) besides me( singular) there is no other God.

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as Jesus is called God- then you consider Him a false God! If th eFather is the only true God all others are false!

Teh LXX is a greek OT translation , it does not include any New Testament books. YOur false arguments are glaring!

You mean 2 Cor. 4:4 and the definite article is there. Satan is declared THE god of this world!

YOu also forget that all manuscripts did not have capitals for proper names or proper nouns! Sorry, yo need to go back and learn what is correct before you try to argue in this arena!

You are wrong again ! Yahweh means I am who/that I am.

The Masoretic Text of Exodus 3:14 says this : haya aser haya I am that I am! You should check for yourself instead of believing teh Watchtower propaganda!

Yes i am sorry, the LXX is Ot, i meant to say the Greek lexicon. Sometimes i get in to much of a hurry. I am in many sights like this and get a lot of response back.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is that 144k will be redeemed from the earth Rev 14:3 and that Christians will inherit the earth Mat 5:5
In Rev. 7, the 144k are described as 12k from each of the 12 tribes of Israel. God has sustained those bloodlines. Many tonight were lost, died out, but we don't. As the phrase goes: marriages are made in heaven. In Rev. 14 it specifically states that these are male virgins who have not defiled themselves with women. Rom. 11 states that Israel (a remnant Jewish population will be savwd in the end times. There is a distinction drawn between them and the gentle Christians. Some Protestant denominations believe the Church replaced ISRAEL or in other wirds the Church is Israel. Not so, that is called Replacement Theology. Some branches were cut odd so that we could be grafted into the Vine, Who is Jesus.
Jer. 16:15, Ezek. 37:21, Zeph. 2:1-3 all support the regatherung if Israel back to their home after being scattered in 70 AD.
They will see Him at His return, coming in the clouds (as He departed) and they will believe. JW's thinking came back in 1914 especially after Charles Taze Russell's prediction of the Great Tribulation did not occur. And then he died and Judge Rutherford took over and made anither prediction fir 1925 that failed. They had to make up something ... Oh yeah, Jesus came spiritually. Jesus has always been here spiritually. After His ascension, He was given ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH. Think about that! You have to,be God go handle that, omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

When Jesus taught us to pray for God's Kingdom to come, and that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven, what do you say he meant sir?
We have been praying for His Millennial Kingdom ON EARTH for 1990 years. He will physically rule on earth - scripture tells us:
"Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven." Mark 13:26, 27
>>> THIS VERSE IS THE SAME EVENT AS:
1 Cor. 15:52 & 1 Thes. 4:16, 17 & Rev. 11:15. (The last trumpet).
"As in the days of Noah, so shall or be at the coming if the Son of Man." Matt. 24:37
"They (two angels present at His ascension) also said, 'Men if Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven." Acts 1:11
1 Cor. 11:26 -
We are ALL called to receive communion until He comes.
Rev. 1:7 "Behold, He is coming in the clouds and EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM."
"ON THAT DAY HIS FEET WILL STAND IN THE MOUNT OF OLIVES, EAST OF JERUSALEM, AND THE MOUNT IF ILIVEA WILL SPLIT IN TWO FROM EAST TO WEST, FORMING A GREAT VALLEY, WITH HALF IF THE MOUNTAIN MOVING TO THE NORTH AND HALF TO THE SOUTH." ZECH.,14:4

Does any of this sound like a spiritual coming?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not answer my question. What words were spoken when you were water baptized?
Now as for your other post, none of the disciples disobeyed Jesus instructions.
The water baptism is a symbolic outer cleansing for what is most important - your spiritual cleansing. Baptism just means to be "immersed in". So when the disciples said to be baptized into the name of Jesus, they were not referring to water baptism, they meant to be immersed into His name, to focus on Jesus, believe in Him.That said, we do not leave out the Father or the Holy Spirit. We immerse ourselves. But of course the baptism of the Holy Spirit is essential! Do you have a relationship with Him? Is He living in you? If so, the Father and Son will also dwell in you. The Holy Spirit confirms your relationship with you.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not answer my question. What words were spoken when you were water baptized?

I did not answer because I do not know, being an infant at the time.

You keep pressing an irrelevant point. The words spoken at my baptism do not make the trinity true.

Now as for your other post, none of the disciples disobeyed Jesus instructions.

LOL I have a whole thread detailing it. Willfully caught in the trinitarian lie.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:19--Upon Jesus return to heaven, sat down at the right hand of God. He did not sit at his own right hand. God was already in heaven when Jesus returned. Rev 1:1 A revelation of Jesus Christ that God gave to him. See always separate when God is mentioned. God did not say--here me have a revelation.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not answer because I do not know, being an infant at the time.

You keep pressing an irrelevant point. The words spoken at my baptism do not make the trinity true.

LOL I have a whole thread detailing it. Willfully caught in the trinitarian lie.
To me, water baptism at birth doesn't count. I was, but didn't become a believer until 35 years later, then I was baptized again.
You avoided those other questions.
Di you have a relationship with the Holy Spirit? Any confirmation of that?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, water baptism at birth doesn't count. I was, but didn't become a believer until 35 years later, then I was baptized again.
You avoided those other questions.
Di you have a relationship with the Holy Spirit? Any confirmation of that?

34,000 religions claiming to be christian. All claim to have holy spirit. But all creation can see the mass of confusion. Jesus started a single religion. Only 1 has him and holy spirit. 1Cor 1:10= unity of thought( all matters of Gods 1 truth) no division= 1 single religion.
God had 1 religion in the OT because there is only 1 truth. The Nt mentions one must have an accurate knowledge about 10 x. John 4:22-24 Gods will= one must worship him in spirit and truth. How does one choose= The teachers that Jesus appointed teach exactly what Jesus teaches. Like this truth-John 20:17, Rev 3:12

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Bible wrong to state: (Exodus 20:5) . . .for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion. . .

Jesus is the Lord Jehovah that had appeared to Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob in the O.T.

Jesus Is Jehovah

Was Jesus wrong to state: (Matthew 4:10) . . .“Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

Read it in context;

Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus said those words to rebuke the devil that he is to worship Him instead.

Even the unclean spirits acknowledged Him as God for why they had worshipped Him.

Mark 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Hence the Son of God is God of the Three Witnesses within the One God.

(Luke 10:27) . . .“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ . . .

Note the switch now of the first commandment from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

This is so for those who have trouble loving Gd with all of their heart, soul, mind, & strength because no matter how much the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak therefore what is impossible with man, is possible with God. By believing in Jesus Christ is how we have hope in loving God with our heart, mind, souls, & His strength.

Are we in error when we Christians say: (1 Corinthians 8:6) . . .there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. . .

In context again;

1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

How about asking Jesus at that throne of grace why you are praying to Him when we are only to pray to God? And while you are at it, ask Him why one God and one Lord means the same thing as referring to deity?

Ask Him why denying Him as God is the same thing as denying the Father as God at the same time?

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Yes, Jesus is God. That is why He was crucified. It wasn't for leaving the toilet seat up or an overdue library book or unpaid parking tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.