Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and the Father refers to the Son as God too:
"But of the Son He says, "Your THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF TH HIS KINGDOM." HEB. 1:8
Btw, you can examine 60 different English translations of that verse at the Biblegateway.com and they all say the same.

That is a mistranslation. All those translations were translated from catholicism translating, It was all that remained when others translated. They translated errors in to fit false council creation of a trinity god.
Jesus clearly saysthat the Father is-THE ONLY TRUE GOD..Best believe Jesus-Paul did-1Cor 8:6--proving many errors are translated in to fit false council teachings. Otherwise catholicism is the religion Jesus began and even their own translating expose them as false.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the words in Acts 17:31 that says God, in his unitarian nature, raised Jesus from the dead?
Glad you brought that up, yet another act of the TRIUNE GOD!
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the Dead.

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Romans 10:9 “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;”

Gal. 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),

Eph. 1: 20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,

Romans 8:11 “The Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead. If the same Holy Spirit lives in you, He will give life to your bodies in the same way.”

Reactions: Cassandra

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a minimum of 3 speakers in revelation-God, Jesus and John. When Jesus comes he comes in the name of Jehovah. Its Jehovahs power that does it all.( Acts 2:22) Rev 1:8 is Jehovah speaking. He is the almighty. John speaks in verse 9-- Only YHWH is called the almighty. Jesus never was called that. Jesus is first and last in many things-Firstborn of all creation-Created direct first and last.( he tells you so at Prov 8) First and last to come to earth and be born mortal. First and last to be appointed king of Gods kingdom. First and last to get a bride of 144,000 from the earth. Etc.
It is the Revelation of Jesus. He speaks to John, says He is the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty. John describes Him in detail. There is an immense amount of scripture that supports the Trinity. 98% of 2.65 billions Christians believe this. It is and essential doctrine and it is discerned by the Holy Spirit, whom you evidently do not have a relationship with.
You are stuck in denial. Not much more I can say.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a mistranslation. All those translations were translated from catholicism translating, It was all that remained when others translated. They translated errors in to fit false council creation of a trinity god.
Jesus clearly saysthat the Father is-THE ONLY TRUE GOD..Best believe Jesus-Paul did-1Cor 8:6--proving many errors are translated in to fit false council teachings. Otherwise catholicism is the religion Jesus began and even their own translating expose them as false.
Nice try, over 50 translations that span all denominations, labored over by real expert scholars were produced to say the same thing? Are you reading the NWT translated by that hack Frederick Franz who had two years of Greek? Or some Unitarian one? I'm done.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the Revelation of Jesus. He speaks to John, says He is the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty. John describes Him in detail. There is an immense amount of scripture that supports the Trinity. 98% of 2.65 billions Christians believe this. It is and essential doctrine and it is discerned by the Holy Spirit, whom you evidently do not have a relationship with.
You are stuck in denial. Not much more I can say.

Yes 2.65 billion mislead by satan beating them centuries ago having the religion that came out of Rome invent a trinity god. Any who read the bible for themselves know 100% that religion is exposed as false. Thus it was a religion satan was with Jesus was not with them. And its been proven 100% that they created the trinity near the end of the 4th century. No wonder, Few will find the road.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try, over 50 translations that span all denominations, labored over by real expert scholars were produced to say the same thing? Are you reading the NWT translated by that hack Frederick Franz who had two years of Greek? Or some Unitarian one? I'm done.

Yes all denominations of a house divided, they will not stand. Holy spirit is all Jesus teachers need to translate correctly. Any translation with Gods name removed in the nearly 6800 spots in the ot are altered translations. Not what God wants his followers reading. How come your translators didnt have enough love for God to put his name back where it belongs? They know it would expose those religions as false if they put it back. Then those religions condemned the ones who had the love to put it back.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes 2.65 billion mislead by satan beating them centuries ago having the religion that came out of Rome invent a trinity god. Any who read the bible for themselves know 100% that religion is exposed as false. Thus it was a religion satan was with Jesus was not with them. And its been proven 100% that they created the trinity near the end of the 4th century. No wonder, Few will find the road.
It seems like you are filled with hate and condemnation ... bye.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Rev. 7, the 144k are described as 12k from each of the 12 tribes of Israel. God has sustained those bloodlines. Many tonight were lost, died out, but we don't. As the phrase goes: marriages are made in heaven. In Rev. 14 it specifically states that these are male virgins who have not defiled themselves with women. Rom. 11 states that Israel (a remnant Jewish population will be savwd in the end times. There is a distinction drawn between them and the gentle Christians. Some Protestant denominations believe the Church replaced ISRAEL or in other wirds the Church is Israel. Not so, that is called Replacement Theology. Some branches were cut odd so that we could be grafted into the Vine, Who is Jesus.
Jer. 16:15, Ezek. 37:21, Zeph. 2:1-3 all support the regatherung if Israel back to their home after being scattered in 70 AD.
They will see Him at His return, coming in the clouds (as He departed) and they will believe. JW's thinking came back in 1914 especially after Charles Taze Russell's prediction of the Great Tribulation did not occur. And then he died and Judge Rutherford took over and made anither prediction fir 1925 that failed. They had to make up something ... Oh yeah, Jesus came spiritually. Jesus has always been here spiritually. After His ascension, He was given ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH. Think about that! You have to,be God go handle that, omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

We have been praying for His Millennial Kingdom ON EARTH for 1990 years. He will physically rule on earth - scripture tells us:
"Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven." Mark 13:26, 27
>>> THIS VERSE IS THE SAME EVENT AS:
1 Cor. 15:52 & 1 Thes. 4:16, 17 & Rev. 11:15. (The last trumpet).
"As in the days of Noah, so shall or be at the coming if the Son of Man." Matt. 24:37
"They (two angels present at His ascension) also said, 'Men if Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven." Acts 1:11
1 Cor. 11:26 -
We are ALL called to receive communion until He comes.
Rev. 1:7 "Behold, He is coming in the clouds and EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM."
"ON THAT DAY HIS FEET WILL STAND IN THE MOUNT OF OLIVES, EAST OF JERUSALEM, AND THE MOUNT IF ILIVEA WILL SPLIT IN TWO FROM EAST TO WEST, FORMING A GREAT VALLEY, WITH HALF IF THE MOUNTAIN MOVING TO THE NORTH AND HALF TO THE SOUTH." ZECH.,14:4

Does any of this sound like a spiritual coming?

The Israel of God is from all nations sir Gal 6:16; Rev 5:9,10 Jesus is a spirit being 1 Cor 15:50

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Lord Jehovah that had appeared to Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob in the O.T.

Jesus Is Jehovah

Read it in context;

Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus said those words to rebuke the devil that he is to worship Him instead.

Even the unclean spirits acknowledged Him as God for why they had worshipped Him.

Mark 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Hence the Son of God is God of the Three Witnesses within the One God.

Note the switch now of the first commandment from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

This is so for those who have trouble loving Gd with all of their heart, soul, mind, & strength because no matter how much the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak therefore what is impossible with man, is possible with God. By believing in Jesus Christ is how we have hope in loving God with our heart, mind, souls, & His strength.

In context again;

1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

How about asking Jesus at that throne of grace why you are praying to Him when we are only to pray to God? And while you are at it, ask Him why one God and one Lord means the same thing as referring to deity?

Ask Him why denying Him as God is the same thing as denying the Father as God at the same time?

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Yes, Jesus is God. That is why He was crucified. It wasn't for leaving the toilet seat up or an overdue library book or unpaid parking tickets.

According to the Bible Jehovah is God, you quoted Mat 4:8-10 which was a real temptation, certainly not if Jesus was God, how silly that offer would be, Jesus concluding words of it is Jehovah your God you must worship, and to Him alone render sacred service, revealed to me that if Jesus was willing to do that, I will too, especially since I claim to obey him as one of his disciples.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you brought that up, yet another act of the TRIUNE GOD!
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the Dead.

So, you don’t believe Acts 17:31. Gotcha!

When Scripture reads God (in his unitarian nature) raised Jesus from the dead, you impose your trinitarian doctrine onto the plain unitarian text.

Bless your heart!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

Not correct. It is a falsely leading question based upon a falsely taught doctrine for Jesus Christ.

The real question is: Was Jehovah a name God gave in the past only to Moses and the children of Israel, and is Jesus now His name given to all mankind?

Yes.

But, it was a good try. Like I've said many times before, their created christ is false, but they are certainly creative about trying to teach it.

Jehovah's name first appears in Scripture at Gen 2:4 Rob. It is interesting that God's name was quite well known among people during the time of Moses, as obviously it was handed down. Clearly Abraham knew it, by what he named the alter. Truthfully the first five books of the Bible did not exist until after the Exodus, and even though He did not have covenanted people, He did make a covenant with Abraham about his descendants, so the people He was about to release were His people sir.

Whether Jehovah is God or not is an opinion at this time. We have differing opinions, however the Bible states very clearly that Jehovah is God, I take that as fact sir.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israel of God is from all nations sir Gal 6:16; Rev 5:9,10 Jesus is a spirit being 1 Cor 15:50
The children of Israel (formerly Jacob) are his bloodline descendants. They mentioned over 600 times in the Old Testament ... All descended from Twelve tribes. Of course the JW's think they are. Actually I have some Jewish blood. But that was the chosen nation. Then Christ came and grafted the Gentiles into Him.
Without the correct concept of the nature of God, without receiving the baptism of Holy Spirit and the crazy notion that Jesus is Michael, you just won't understand or receive the truth. It is amazing that you bring up scriptures to defend your case,and fail to understand them with any depth.,Gal. 6:6 for instance. What you sow is what you reap. This is a fundamental truth. Sow good receive good, sow evil, receive evil. Sowing to the Spirit means what to you - when you believe the Spirit is not a person but a force. You arw sowing to a force?
Well, may the force be with with you!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah's name first appears in Scripture at Gen 2:4 Rob. It is interesting that God's name was quite well known among people during the time of Moses, as obviously it was handed down. Clearly Abraham knew it, by what he named the alter. Truthfully the first five books of the Bible did not exist until after the Exodus, and even though He did not have covenanted people, He did make a covenant with Abraham about his descendants, so the people He was about to release were His people sir.

Whether Jehovah is God or not is an opinion at this time. We have differing opinions, however the Bible states very clearly that Jehovah is God, I take that as fact sir.
Interesting that if that name (made up in the 16th Century btw) was so well known, why does it not appear in the New Testament? Why did Jesus never mention the name? Because He is YHWH. (which can be translated Yeshua saves).
Look up Jehovah in any New Testament Greek Interlineary Bible - it isn't there!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you don’t believe Acts 17:31. Gotcha!

When Scripture reads God (in his unitarian nature) raised Jesus from the dead, you impose your trinitarian doctrine onto the plain unitarian text.

Bless your heart!
Answered that already in #262. Are you paying attention?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like you are filled with hate and condemnation ... bye.

Actually trying to help the mislead. Its been proven no trinity god existed before one of the councils of catholicism made it. Why do you think that is? Their own encyclopedia even says so. My advice to you is to believe Jesus-John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- He is the way, the truth and the life. Dogmas are not. Dogmas have twisted it all into a mass of confusion.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Bible Jehovah is God, you quoted Mat 4:8-10 which was a real temptation, certainly not if Jesus was God, how silly that offer would be, Jesus concluding words of it is Jehovah your God you must worship, and to Him alone render sacred service, revealed to me that if Jesus was willing to do that, I will too, especially since I claim to obey him as one of his disciples.

If you read from your Bible that inserted Jehovah in it, then with your beliefs, yeah, it would be silly, but not in the KJV.

Regardless, Jesus is Jehovah as the God men had seen in the O.T. and not the Father. Just as a reminder.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jehovah's name first appears in Scripture at Gen 2:4 Rob.

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. (Ex 6)

You make up doctrine contrary to Scripture.

It is interesting that God's name was quite well known among people during the time of Moses, as obviously it was handed down.

And now you obviously make up social history to support your made up doctrine. Yes, it is very interesting indeed.

Clearly Abraham knew it, by what he named the alter.

One of you is lying, Jehovah in Ex 6, or you now. You now of course. Look, you're not doing yourself any good at all by directly contradicting Scripture of God, and trying to tell everyone what 'really' happened.

Truthfully the first five books of the Bible did not exist until after the Exodus

The Scriptures for them were known of God from the beginning, because the Word watched and watches all things come to pass from beginning to end. When He gave those Scriptures into the world is up for debate. If He gave the first books to Moses to write, then so be it. They Scriptures being written into the world perfect and entire is the main thing.

and even though He did not have covenanted people, He did make a covenant with Abraham about his descendants, so the people He was about to release were His people sir.

Don't see how it matters to the point at hand, but yeah, agree.

Whether Jehovah is God or not is an opinion at this time.

Not for me. Jehovah was God in the beginning: the Word. And He made Himself known as Jehovah first to Moses and the children of Israel.

We have differing opinions

The opinion we differ on is your created christ, and Scripture's the true God Jesus Christ.

You posed a leading question about whether Jehovah was God or not, which was never the question. The real question is how the name of the Word was made known as Jehovah, and then made known as Jesus, when the Word was made flesh.

, however the Bible states very clearly that Jehovah is God, I take that as fact sir.

"I would take that as an axiom." (Spock)

You still try to worship a name, not the risen God of Israel now named Jesus.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah's name first appears in Scripture at Gen 2:4 Rob.

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. (Ex 6)

You make up doctrine contrary to Scripture.

It is interesting that God's name was quite well known among people during the time of Moses, as obviously it was handed down.

And now you obviously make up social history to support your made up doctrine. Yes, it is very interesting indeed.

Clearly Abraham knew it, by what he named the alter.

One of you is lying, Jehovah in Ex 6, or you now. You now of course. Look, you're not doing yourself any good at all by directly contradicting Scripture of God, and trying to tell everyone what 'really' happened.

Truthfully the first five books of the Bible did not exist until after the Exodus

The Scriptures for them were known of God from the beginning, because the Word watched and watches all things come to pass from beginning to end. When He gave those Scriptures into the world is up for debate. If He gave the first books to Moses to write, then so be it. They Scriptures being written into the world perfect and entire is the main thing.

and even though He did not have covenanted people, He did make a covenant with Abraham about his descendants, so the people He was about to release were His people sir.

Don't see how it matters to the point at hand, but yeah, agree.

Whether Jehovah is God or not is an opinion at this time.

Not for me. Jehovah was God in the beginning: the Word. And He made Himself known as Jehovah first to Moses and the children of Israel.

We have differing opinions

The opinion we differ on is your created christ, and Scripture's the true God Jesus Christ.

You posed a leading question about whether Jehovah was God or not, which was never the question. The real question is how the name of the Word was made known as Jehovah, and then made known as Jesus, when the Word was made flesh.

, however the Bible states very clearly that Jehovah is God, I take that as fact sir.

"I would take that as an axiom." (Spock)

You still try to worship a name, not the risen God of Israel now named Jesus.

Psalm 110--The LORD( YHWH) said to my lord( Jesus) --proves 100% Jesus is not YHWH.. YHWH is always all capitols LORD in the OT. As you can plainly see lord is there for Jesus. And maybe youdont know but YHWH(Jehovah) inspired his name in nearly 6800 spots in the OT. Wicked men removed it, they had no right, Every spot-GOD or LORD all capitols is the tetragramoton belongs( YHWH) Then the ones lacking love for God to put that name back, condemned the ones who had the love to put it back--That is pure darkness on their part and all who listen to them.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 110--The LORD( YHWH) said to my lord( Jesus) --proves 100% Jesus is not YHWH.. YHWH is always all capitols LORD in the OT. As you can plainly see lord is there for Jesus. And maybe youdont know but YHWH(Jehovah) inspired his name in nearly 6800 spots in the OT. Wicked men removed it, they had no right, Every spot-GOD or LORD all capitols is the tetragramoton belongs( YHWH) Then the ones lacking love for God to put that name back, condemned the ones who had the love to put it back--That is pure darkness on their part and all who listen to them.
Neither Jehovah nor Yahweh are mentioned by name any more in any Scripture after calling Him by name Jesus.

LORD however is mentioned as the returning LORD of LORDS to earth: Jesus Christ.

You idolize a name by an all-caps ideology.

Once you believe Jesus as the only Lord and Savior for all mankind, you will then perhaps be able to move on from the OT to the New.

By the Word's name Jehovah, He was not known by Abraham, but first made known to Moses and the children of Israel, where Christ gave them the law of Moses.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answered that already in #262. Are you paying attention?

I am paying attention, just disregarding your 3is1ism rationalizations. There is not one verse in all of Scripture that states Jesus raised himself from the dead.

Referencing a verse where Jesus talks about rebuilding a temple is precisely the kind of rationalization to supersede explicit statements that goes against your doctrine. It does not get more explicit than 'For us, there is one God, the Father.' This you, categorize falsely as for your 3is1ism.

Status
Not open for further replies.