Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What facts are 100% against a TRI-UNITED = One ?

Regarding Either or Both?

Tri-United (body, soul, spirit) = One created man
Tri-United (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) = One eternal Lord God Almighty

Then why does only the Fathers will get done? Why in the NT over and over God and Jesus are always mentioned seperate in many important teachings and the Holy spirit is never mentioned in those teachings. Why is it that only the Father knows the day and hour?
Why doesnt the holy spirit have a name? Every other living being does. Why does God share with Jesus things and not the holy spirit?
Why isnt the holy spirit ever mentioned sitting on a throne?
At Rev 1:1 did God say--here me have a revelation. Did Jesus pray to himself?
Why Did Jesus teach- John 17:3-- The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--And the big question, Why wont trinitarians believe Jesus over dogmas taught in the schools of men through preachers?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about this verse? Isaiah 44:6
Isaiah 44 - Hebrew English Translation Massoretic Text MT Interlinear Holy Name King James Version KJV Strong's Concordance Online Parallel Bible Study

Looks to me like this verse calls Jesus Yahweh

Who said , " I am the first and the last?" Jesus.
Rev 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

Of course Isa 44:6 point blank said Jehovah. many commentators apply this title both to God and to Christ, a more careful examination of its use restricts its application to Jehovah God. The first verse of Revelation shows that the revelation was given originally by God and through Jesus Christ, hence the one speaking (through an angelic representative) at times is God himself, and at other times it is Christ Jesus. (Re 22:8) Thus Revelation 1:8 (RS) says: “‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God [“Jehovah God,” NW], who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Although the preceding verse speaks of Christ Jesus, it is clear that in verse 8 the application of the title is to “the Almighty” God. In this regard Barnes’ Notes on the New Testament (1974) observes: “It cannot be absolutely certain that the writer meant to refer to the Lord Jesus specifically here . . . There is no real incongruity in supposing, also, that the writer here meant to refer to God as such.”
The title occurs again at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.
The final occurrence of the title is at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation; verses 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John, verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus, the first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,” and the one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself. “The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God. The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”
The title “the Alpha and the Omega” carries the same thought as “the first and the last” and “the beginning and the end” when these terms are used with reference to Jehovah. Before him there was no Almighty God, and there will be none after him. He will bring to a successful conclusion the issue over Godship, forever vindicated as the one and only Almighty God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignorant of the facts? How about this:
"The Hebrew name יהושע (yehoshu'a, Strong's #3091) is the combination of יהו (yeho), a short form of the name יהוה (YHWH, Strong's #3068), and the verb ישע (Y.Sh.Ah, Strong's #3467), which means "to save." The name יהושע (yehoshu'a, Strong's #3091) means "YHWH saves." Jeff Brenner

When you make it to the Pearly Gates and the angels welcome you and ask if you had any special requests before your meeting with Jesus and your welcome tour of heaven, I wouldn't be surprised if you asked to see Jehovah. Don't be surprised if they say, "I'm sorry, there is no one here by that name ... The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are here though! Before you meet Jesus and Michael too, we would like you to have this very special gift to wear around your neck for all eternity, a cross - to remind you! And you will have things to do up here! Everyone has unique and special talents and you will be able to perfect yours and share it with everyone - in addition to worshipping God!

The pearly gates are a myth Ron, I will not be going there, God has but one name, of course it is pronounced differently in various languages, but for us who speak English, His name is Jehovah sir.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not need to pretend my doctrine is right, I Know because the Holy Spirit showed me.

That’s weird cause the Holy Spirit showed me the exact opposite. I guess we’ll have to rely on God’s explicit written word, which does not once mention the trinity.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pearly gates are a myth Ron, I will not be going there, God has but one name, of course it is pronounced differently in various languages, but for us who speak English, His name is Jehovah sir.
I know, you are waiting for Paradise on earth and you were taught that there is limited space in heaven - only enough for 144k. That number would have eclipsed within years of Christ's death. Oh well. The Millennial Kingdom will be like Paradise, peace in earth, love and all Christians who periodically visit their King, Lord and Savior and God, Jesus in Jerusalem sitting on His throne. Even the animal kingdomwill be at peace.
The question is, will you worship Him and bow your knee.
You guys think the Father's name is Jehovah and so all your worship goes to Him. Did you ever pray to Jesus and thank Him for washing your sins away? Or just thanked the Father for sending Him?
Jesus has done everything for you and loves you. Do you love Him and tell Him that?

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s weird cause the Holy Spirit showed me the exact opposite. I guess we’ll have to rely on God’s explicit written word, which does not once mention the trinity.
How about Jesus baptism, the Holy Spirit descended on Him and the Father spoke from Heaven?
Did you ever think about doing exactly what the Bible says and get baptized in the NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?
A, B, C ... easy as 1, 2, 3
Do, re, mi, A, B, C, that's how easy LOVE can be.

Reactions: David H.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why does only the Fathers will get done? Why in the NT over and over God and Jesus are always mentioned seperate in many important teachings and the Holy spirit is never mentioned in those teachings. Why is it that only the Father knows the day and hour?
Why doesnt the holy spirit have a name? Every other living being does. Why does God share with Jesus things and not the holy spirit?
Why Did Jesus teach- John 17:3-- The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--And the big question, Why wont trinitarians believe Jesus over dogmas taught in the schools of men through preachers?

How does this answer my question?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This reply did not answer my question.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you test the Spirit that is showing you this with the test given in scripture... let's see, one tests is if they deny that Jesus Christ is God incarnate then they are not of God.... I guess you have no way to test the Spirit.... There is a problem there....

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you test the Spirit that is showing you this with the test given in scripture... let's see, one tests is if they deny that Jesus Christ is God incarnate then they are not of God.... I guess you have no way to test the Spirit.... There is a problem there....

I guess Jesus is in trouble then. He teaches--the Father is his God- John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- I would say a true follower believes Jesus over dogma.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that Jesus did not stop anyone from worshipping Him, but men and angels made people stop worshipping them?

Matthew 2:11
"11 And going into the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matthew 21:9
"9 And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”

Definitely a form of worship.

Matthew 14:33
33 And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Matthew 28:8-9
8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples, met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him.

John 20:28
28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about Jesus baptism, the Holy Spirit descended on Him and the Father spoke from Heaven?
Did you ever think about doing exactly what the Bible says and get baptized in the NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?
A, B, C ... easy as 1, 2, 3
Do, re, mi, A, B, C, that's how easy LOVE can be.
Not sure how you get the trinity and the trinity doctrine out of that. And it was not 'the Father' who spoke from heaven but God, in his unitarian nature. 'For us, there is one God, the Father.'

Notice how God's Holy Spirit is depicted as a dove? That's how you know it is not a person.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David, Nebuchadnezzar, were also worshipped and did not stop anyone. Does that make them God also?
And where in the scriptures do YOU see King David accepting worship?? Honor yes, but worship?
Nebuchadnezzar was no different than all the ungodly Kings back then, demanding worship.
The very first commandment says only God Himself should be worshipped.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away ..." Rev. 21:1
All former things will pass away (Rev. 21:5) Behold He will make ALL THINGS NEW!

"And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper. 12 It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall. 16 The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. 17 And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements. 18 The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; 20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." Rev. 21:10-21

Some myth. This is not symbolic language other than verse 11 describing her brilliance. No, symbolic language does not describe something with such detail, specific stones, specific measurements, the size of the city: 1500 miles x 1500 miles x 1500 miles. This is the New Heaven. Why would you be surprised of the construction? We've seen all those actual stones yet not in those amounts. Man has never made anything quite like that, so why would you suspect Heaven to be anything less than what is described here? Why the height of 1500 miles? We look up at the sky and see several miles and beyond. Outer space is 62 miles. But let say heaven had multiple dimensions, layers upon layers. In other words, plateaus upon plateaus of people living in their environments - a quite different reality. Let's imagine the first level to be 10 miles high, that would accommodate mountains and many layers of clouds. So you could realistically have 150 levels x 2 million square miles. Did you ever wonder what heaven is like? Come on, use your imagination. That's plenty of room for a few billion souls. And with multidimensional eternal bodies capable of appearing, ascending, traveling distances with a thought ... frankly equivalent to: Beam me up Scotty to level 486, I want to visit the Apostle Paul with his mansion next to what looks like Yosemite. My environment would look like Kauai ... I like snorkeling and swimming with the turtles. Some may like the mountains, skiing - that will be their heaven. JW's seem to have this vague and lackluster view of place not knowing what anybody does nor can do. This is all conjecture of course, but not scripture, that is to be taken literally.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that Jesus did not stop anyone from worshipping Him, but men and angels made people stop worshipping them?

Matthew 2:11
"11 And going into the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matthew 21:9
"9 And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”

Definitely a form of worship.

Matthew 14:33
33 And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Matthew 28:8-9
8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples, met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him.

John 20:28
28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

The greek word proskenaue actually means to kiss the feet, bowing in obesiance. Not worship. They knew Jesus was Gods appointed king--not God. The son of God. No son is his Father.

Reactions: Nancy and Wrangler

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus himself at John 17:1-6,26--Calls the one who sent him=Father-THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) Verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah)
Hallowed be thy name=YHWH(Jehovah) = the Father.

So as Jesus is called God- then you consider Him a false God! If th eFather is the only true God all others are false!

In the LXX at John 1:1 reads-- In the beginning The Logos was, and the Logos was with Ho Theos, and the Logos was Theos.
Same at 1Cor 4:4--Satan is called plain Theos--God is called Ho Theos. Ho Theos is the true living God, Plain theos = a god small g--Means has godlike qualities. It did not call the word The God in the last line at John 1:1.

Teh LXX is a greek OT translation , it does not include any New Testament books. YOur false arguments are glaring!

Same at 1Cor 4:4--Satan is called plain Theos--God is called Ho Theos. Ho Theos is the true living God, Plain theos = a god small g--Means has godlike qualities. It did not call the word The God in the last line at John 1:1.

You mean 2 Cor. 4:4 and the definite article is there. Satan is declared THE god of this world!

YOu also forget that all manuscripts did not have capitals for proper names or proper nouns! Sorry, yo need to go back and learn what is correct before you try to argue in this arena!

Example--In The Hebrew in the OT, there is no -i am that i am. i will be what i will be is correct. Translated in to fit false council teachings.

You are wrong again ! Yahweh means I am who/that I am.

The Masoretic Text of Exodus 3:14 says this : haya aser haya I am that I am! You should check for yourself instead of believing teh Watchtower propaganda!

Reactions: Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where in the scriptures do YOU see King David accepting worship?? Honor yes, but worship?
Nebuchadnezzar was no different than all the ungodly Kings back then, demanding worship.

It's there in 1 Kings. When I get home, I'll get the verse and translation. David is also repeatedly called lord - just like Jesus is later.

11 Then Nathan spoke to Bathsheba the mother of Solomon, saying, “Haven’t you heard that Adonijah the son of Haggith reigns, and David our lord doesn’t know it? 12 Now therefore come, please let me give you counsel, that you may save your own life, and your son Solomon’s life. 13 Go in to king David, and tell him, ‘Didn’t you, my lord, king, swear to your servant

The very first commandment says only God Himself should be worshipped.

The 1C says nothing whatsoever about worship. It is a deeply held but wrong view among trinitarians that Scripture shows that only God is worshipped or is supposed to be worshipped. I gave you 3 examples: David, Nebuchadnezzar and Daniel were all worshipped.

The 1C says you shall have no other God's before me (singular). If the plural 'us' is important in Genesis, it is even more important that God uses a singular pronoun regarding commandments. He put it 1st so it must be important, especially to protect us from the trinitarian god.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, what Scripture says Jesus Christ is God incarnate?

The "God was manifest in the Flesh" One we discussed... Incarnate means in human form, in the flesh etc. 1 Timothy 3:16

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (1 Corinthians 12:3)

If Lord here just refers to master why is it that no man can call Him the Lord apart from the Holy Ghost? Because his deity is revealed by the Holy Ghost to us, and this is a fundamental test of the Spirit to see if it is of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.