Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the names of the two individuals mentioned in Psalms 110:1 sir?

Psalm 110:1The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. KJV

According to your Bible, Jehovah is the only name mentioned, sir.

Since the name of Jesus is the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, for how we are to be water baptized in being disciples of Jesus Christ, hence witnesses of Jesus Christ, then it is about high time Jehovah's Witnesses recognize that they are to be witnesses of the Son as Jehovah as that is His name of the Lord men had seen in the O.T. and not the Father.

Not inferring that the name of Jehovah is not the name of the Father, but for the God men had seen in the O.T. which was not the Father, but the Son, is why now the name of Jesus is above every other name, including His former name of Jehovah, because of what He has done on the cross as Savior.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You won, you got me on that very astute observation. I have missed that advice all along - wo is me! I was blind and now I see. Be like the Boreans! Thank you.

Yes check the facts- The great apostasy created the trinity near the end of the4th century.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The highest angel in heaven is named Michael, Jesus was called something prior to coming to earth, and his name was not the Word, rather that was a title given him as he has always been God's spokesman. Michael means who is like God. Sure it is our opinion as of now, but it was clearly written in your version of the Bible that Michael and his angels ousted satan from heaven, and likely you will admit that the prince who opposes the devil in Daniel is Jesus, and the Bible clearly shows that Jesus is in charge of the angels when he returns to do the battle of Armageddon. Yes we believe Michael is Jesus' heavenly name, and that he is the highest angel (meaning of Archangel).

Jesus said quite clearly that the Kingdom would be taken from Israel and given to a nation producing it's fruits (Matthew 21:42, 43) 42 Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits. . .

I showed you previously that those of the new covenant are from all nations, tribes, peoples and tongues sir Rev 5:9,10

Accept it or reject it, your choice. Time will reveal if either one of us is correct in our understanding on this.
98% have rejected the false doctrines of JW.org.
Time has told us - six thousand years has already given us the truth. But you will meet both Jesus and Michael someday.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like to discuss any of these points Robert? I stated openly Jehovah's name first occurred in Gen 2:4, is that a fact or fiction sir?
I see your point. The LORD Jehovah was first written in Scripture in Gen 2.

He did not make His name Jehovah known to any man on earth until Moses. He was not known as LORD Jehovah before then.

And so in this case, you are correct.

When He was made flesh, He was called Jesus and still is unto the end of this world, and will be known as the Lamb in the eternal new heaven and earth.

Jesus is the name for the Lord that is above any other name made known for Himself.

In this case to say otherwise is a lie against Scripture.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Bible does not exist the point is mute sir. You are indicating it is not there, I am stating point blank is was. There is no possible way that any serious person of God who quoted a verse from the old testament who recorded it in the new testament would alter Gods name. There are literally over 200 verses in the Greek Scriptures that were quoted from the Hebrew that contained God's name.

Let me ask you point blank, do you honestly believe that Jesus when quoting Deut 6:13 to satan at Mat 4:10 would have changed Jehovah to Lord? I don't. Actually wouldn't that be considered a sin?

As far as I know as well, every english version of the Bible has God's name in Revelation. What is HalleluJah sir?
Yes, Jesus will come and judge the world and the multitude in heaven that no one can number will all " ... cry out Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for His judgments are true and just; for He has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality and has avenged on her the blood of his servants." Rev. 19:1-3
" He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name was called The Word of God." Rev. 19:13
"King of kings, LORD of Lords".
"Neither is there salvation in any other, FOR THERE IS NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN GIVEN BY MEN WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED." Acts. 4:12
Jesus

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes check the facts- The great apostasy created the trinity near the end of the4th century.
And that of course is a lie.

The Three that are One were never created, but were in the beginning to create the heaven and the earth, and man in their Image, and made known as the mystery of the Godhead.

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.

The mystery of the Spirit of God, of God the Father, and of the Word anointed Christ: God the Father, the Word, the Holy Ghost.

God and the Father is spoken in Scripture as often as God the Father.

The mystery of the Godhead is revealed to the church and body of Jesus Christ, who read it with the mind of Christ, believe it and understand it plainly by the Spirit.

Them that reject that mystery revealed to the saints, are not members of the body of Christ. They do so because the carnal mind rejects what it cannot conceive and imagine by nature of flesh, and so cannot be subject to the law of the Spirit nor inspired by the Spirit of truth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YHWH is the first and last God--His son is not God. No son is his Father.
And so goes the carnal minded reasoning of them that say the Word was God and these Three are one is foolishness.

The Son is the true God. The Son is not the Father, who is the true God.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YHWH is the first and last God-

More carnal minded misquoting of Scripture: Scripture never says I am the first and the last God. That is saying there is a beginning and ending of God, which is foolishly said by the carnal mind.

Created christs are for carnally minded unbelievers, who want to give lip service to Jesus, while idolizing a name He is no longer known by to His people.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The name of the Lord is now made known to His people as Jesus, no longer Jehovah.

Christians bow the knee to Jesus. Created christs do not.

But every knee shall bow to Jesus at His appearing and judgment.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was Gods advice to all-- Be like the Boreans and make sure of all things.

Yes and if you are going to be an honest discusser here, when you make claims of your studies, you need to show the studies- otherwise it is nothing but an unproven claim, especially when all lexicons available on-line prove the watchtower wrong!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that of course is a lie.

The Three that are One were never created, but were in the beginning to create the heaven and the earth, and man in their Image, and made known as the mystery of the Godhead.

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.

The mystery of the Spirit of God, of God the Father, and of the Word anointed Christ: God the Father, the Word, the Holy Ghost.

God and the Father is spoken in Scripture as often as God the Father.

The mystery of the Godhead is revealed to the church and body of Jesus Christ, who read it with the mind of Christ, believe it and understand it plainly by the Spirit.

Them that reject that mystery revealed to the saints, are not members of the body of Christ. They do so because the carnal mind rejects what it cannot conceive and imagine by nature of flesh, and so cannot be subject to the law of the Spirit nor inspired by the Spirit of truth.

Hmm i wonder why Jesus taught-John 17:1-6,26-- He clearly teaches--The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD, verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) Verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah) Hallowed be thy name=Father= YHWH(Jehovah) --Someone is lying. i bet my life its not Jesus.

Reactions: Wrangler

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and if you are going to be an honest discusser here, when you make claims of your studies, you need to show the studies- otherwise it is nothing but an unproven claim, especially when all lexicons available on-line prove the watchtower wrong!

Many unbiased Greek scholars say the JW translation is correct. There were at least 5 other translations in history going by the greek lexicon that translated correct as well. Only rejected by trinity believers. Those translations expose them as false.

Reactions: Wrangler

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Bible wrong to state: (Exodus 20:5) . . .for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion. . .

Was Jesus wrong to state: (Matthew 4:10) . . .“Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
(Luke 10:27) . . .“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ . . .

Are we in error when we Christians say: (1 Corinthians 8:6) . . .there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. . .
What is the issue here, I must be missing something.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 110:1The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. KJV

According to your Bible, Jehovah is the only name mentioned, sir.

Since the name of Jesus is the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, for how we are to be water baptized in being disciples of Jesus Christ, hence witnesses of Jesus Christ, then it is about high time Jehovah's Witnesses recognize that they are to be witnesses of the Son as Jehovah as that is His name of the Lord men had seen in the O.T. and not the Father.

Not inferring that the name of Jehovah is not the name of the Father, but for the God men had seen in the O.T. which was not the Father, but the Son, is why now the name of Jesus is above every other name, including His former name of Jehovah, because of what He has done on the cross as Savior.

You are correct about one of them, now who is the second Lord?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct about one of them, now who is the second Lord?

The better question is why Davod called Him Lord?

Matthew 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. 43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, 44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? 46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

So the Father said unto the Son is the answer to your question, but why did David still called Him Lord as well? That is for you to answer.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
98% have rejected the false doctrines of JW.org.
Time -six thousands has already given us the truth. But you will meet both Jesus and Michael someday.
Thanks for bringing out the truth of Jesus' words Ron Mat 7:14. Actually it is more than that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.