Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm i wonder why Jesus taught-John 17:1-6,26-- He clearly teaches--The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD, verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) Verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah) Hallowed be thy name=Father= YHWH(Jehovah) --Someone is lying. i bet my life its not Jesus.

-Someone is lying. i bet my life its not Jesus.

Since we oppose one another without agreement, then plainly one of us is lying about teaching of Scripture.

Hallowed be thy name=Father= YHWH(Jehovah)

Don't read any Jehovah in Scripture, after the Lord is called Jesus. Nor that Hebrew thing you like to adorn yourself with. I AM is not a name, but the Being of God, which Being the Word was in the beginning and being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.

Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.

And yet, you must twist Scripture in order to deny that Jesus Christ is the true God and eternal life in 1 John 5.

To say John 17 means Jesus Christ is not the true God and eternal life is a contradiction of Scripture, the teaching is false.

You are more than willing to have Scripture contradict itself, because you believe in a falsely created christ. And so, neither do you have the Spirit of truth to be guided into all truth of Scripture.

Applying the Scripture that God is Three, then there is an easy reading of Scripture other than your false one:

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father...

While the true God and Son was on earth speaking to the true God and Father in heaven, then the Son was speaking to the Father as the only true God still in heaven: The true God alone in heaven. The true God no more with the Word in heaven as in the beginning.

Monos: Alone, only.

Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

When the Father commanded the Son to leave heaven and to be made flesh on earth, the Son obeyed and so left the Father alone in heaven for the first time in all eternity, so that the Father was the only true God remaining in heaven.

God purposely writes His Word in such a manner as to ensnare the unbelievers, and to take the crafty in their own craftiness.

God does not lie in Scripture, nor contradict Himself in Scripture, but He has Scripture written on earth so as to ensnare them that are more than willing to believe a lie and contradiction of Scripture.

Such unbelievers as yourself will no doubt reject the above reading of Scripture, since it does not conform to your created christ, but it certainly is a true reading for there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

With the resurrection of the true God Jesus Christ and ascension into heaven to return to the Father in heaven, now the true God and Father is once again with the Word and Son as in the beginning, and no more the only true God in heaven.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YHWH is the first and last God--His son is not God. No son is his Father.

First, last and only God, YHWH. Amen?

More carnal minded misquoting of Scripture: Scripture never says I am the first and the last God.

But Scripture does say over and over and over again that there is only one God, the Father. He is the first, last and only God. Don't pretend Keiw's not formatting a Scriptural reference weakens his point.

Keiw is not quoting Scripture but talking about how there is only one God, the Father. When the prophets Isaiah and Jesus spoke the words of YHWH, "I am the first and the last," they were not talking about themselves.

What a False Alternative & Ad Homenim?! If you don't accept my doctrine, you are 'carnal minded.' We here only accept God's word as authoritative, not @robert derrick's word.

Reactions: Keiw

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm i wonder why Jesus taught-John 17:1-6,26-- He clearly teaches--The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD, verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) Verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah) Hallowed be thy name=Father= YHWH(Jehovah) --Someone is lying. i bet my life its not Jesus.
And since we have gone round and round on the same things often enough, I now present you an honest challenge to respond to:

Since you do not believe The LORD was the Word and made flesh, and called Jesus forever, then when will your 'LORD' fulfill these prophecies of Himself on earth:

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem.

When will the LORD do these things on earth He Himself promised to do?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one of us is lying about teaching of Scripture.

Indoctrinated idolator is the more precise term I prefer over 'lying.' :oops:

But if you insist ...

Don't read any Jehovah in Scripture, after the Lord is called Jesus.

Then it is you you are lying because the Lord Jesus said he was going to his God, that his Father is the only true God and in Rev 1:1, God - in his unitarian nature - gave the resurrected Jesus, given all authority in heaven and Earth a revelation.

Let me say it again. It is remarkable that the resurrected Jesus, abiding in heaven, having been given all authority in heaven and Earth is STILL not recognized as God in Scripture.

You are not playing word games, are you, that the word Jehovah or YHWH is not in Scripture after Jesus is called Lord? Jehovah, YHWH, LORD are all synonyms of God. And the word 'God' is clearly and repeatedly in Scripture after Jesus is called Lord as being a distinct being from Jesus.

There are many lowercase 'lords' in the Bible; Jesus is one of many lords in the Bible. I pray you one day have eyes to see.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see your point. The LORD Jehovah was first written in Scripture in Gen 2.

He did not make His name Jehovah known to any man on earth until Moses. He was not known as LORD Jehovah before then.

And so in this case, you are correct.

When He was made flesh, He was called Jesus and still is unto the end of this world, and will be known as the Lamb in the eternal new heaven and earth.

Jesus is the name for the Lord that is above any other name made known for Himself.

In this case to say otherwise is a lie against Scripture.[/QUOTE

This may help Robert, who are the two Lords of Psalm 110:1? Does that help to identify Jehovah and Jesus sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the issue here, I must be missing something.

Yes sir the original question. Perhaps I should have repeated it in the post. The original question to which I made application to is Jehovah is either God, or He is not.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-Someone is lying. i bet my life its not Jesus.

Since we oppose one another without agreement, then plainly one of us is lying about teaching of Scripture.

Hallowed be thy name=Father= YHWH(Jehovah)

Don't read any Jehovah in Scripture, after the Lord is called Jesus. Nor that Hebrew thing you like to adorn yourself with. I AM is not a name, but the Being of God, which Being the Word was in the beginning and being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.

Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.

And yet, you must twist Scripture in order to deny that Jesus Christ is the true God and eternal life in 1 John 5.

To say John 17 means Jesus Christ is not the true God and eternal life is a contradiction of Scripture, the teaching is false.

You are more than willing to have Scripture contradict itself, because you believe in a falsely created christ. And so, neither do you have the Spirit of truth to be guided into all truth of Scripture.

Applying the Scripture that God is Three, then there is an easy reading of Scripture other than your false one:

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father...

While the true God and Son was on earth speaking to the true God and Father in heaven, then the Son was speaking to the Father as the only true God still in heaven: The true God alone in heaven. The true God no more with the Word in heaven as in the beginning.

Monos: Alone, only.

Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

When the Father commanded the Son to leave heaven and to be made flesh on earth, the Son obeyed and so left the Father alone in heaven for the first time in all eternity, so that the Father was the only true God remaining in heaven.

God purposely writes His Word in such a manner as to ensnare the unbelievers, and to take the crafty in their own craftiness.

God does not lie in Scripture, nor contradict Himself in Scripture, but He has Scripture written on earth so as to ensnare them that are more than willing to believe a lie and contradiction of Scripture.

Such unbelievers as yourself will no doubt reject the above reading of Scripture, since it does not conform to your created christ, but it certainly is a true reading for there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The Jw teachers were allowed into the catholic archives and they came out with proof--The spirit, water and blood are the 3 that bear witness in that passage. There are many errors translated in by catholicism. Trinity translations teach 2 different gods.

With the resurrection of the true God Jesus Christ and ascension into heaven to return to the Father in heaven, now the true God and Father is once again with the Word and Son as in the beginning, and no more the only true God in heaven.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since we have gone round and round on the same things often enough, I now present you an honest challenge to respond to:

Since you do not believe The LORD was the Word and made flesh, and called Jesus forever, then when will your 'LORD' fulfill these prophecies of Himself on earth:

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem.

When will the LORD do these things on earth He Himself promised to do?

LORD all capitols = YHWH( Jehovah) He does it all through Jesus-Acts 2:22-- So if its Jesus on earth, its still Jehovah doing all of it and only his will getting accomplished(John 5:30)
Yes a ressurection is promised.
No where does it say The LORD (all capitols) was made flesh)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many unbiased Greek scholars say the JW translation is correct. There were at least 5 other translations in history going by the greek lexicon that translated correct as well. Only rejected by trinity believers. Those translations expose them as false.

So name some. Just sayhing there are some means 0.

So show 4 of those at least 5 others. Put up or shut up!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The better question is why Davod called Him Lord?

Matthew 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. 43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, 44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? 46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

So the Father said unto the Son is the answer to your question, but why did David still called Him Lord as well? That is for you to answer.

Perhaps you didn't want to know Chris, although you did answer it correctly, as it is the Father saying to His son, Jehovah said to Jesus. Everywhere LORD occurs in Bibles, it is speaking about Jehovah, in fact it is His name. Some versions will reveal this in their forward, but not all. The translators of those versions chose to change YHWH to Adonai, which is properly translated Lord. That is why I asked you to take note of Psalms 110:1 the second Lord is Jesus, and you can see that for yourself as the fulfillment of that prophecy is found at Acts 2:34,35.

You asked me a very good question, in fact the Pharisees asked Jesus that very same question at Mat 22:43-45. Jesus didn't answer them, because the Pharisees remain silent, they are hoping for a human descendant of David who might liberate them from Roman domination. But drawing on David’s words recorded at Psalm 110:1, 2, Jesus establishes that the Messiah is to be more than a human ruler. He is David’s Lord, and after sitting at God’s right hand, he will exercise power.

Hope that answers your question Chris

Reactions: Keiw

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, that is my point, what makes you think Jehovah is not God?

Although this is going to sound silly Re, what makes you think I think that Jehovah is not God?

I believe wholeheartedly that Jehovah is the Almighty God. 1 Cor 8:6

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you didn't want to know Chris, although you did answer it correctly, as it is the Father saying to His son, Jehovah said to Jesus.

Your Bible inputs the name Jehovah in places in scripture for why you should doubt the removal of the name of Jehovah from other Bibles.

Everywhere LORD occurs in Bibles, it is speaking about Jehovah, in fact it is His name.

Some versions will reveal this in their forward, but not all. The translators of those versions chose to change YHWH to Adonai, which is properly translated Lord. That is why I asked you to take note of Psalms 110:1 the second Lord is Jesus, and you can see that for yourself as the fulfillment of that prophecy is found at Acts 2:34,35.

You asked me a very good question, in fact the Pharisees asked Jesus that very same question at Mat 22:43-45. Jesus didn't answer them, because the Pharisees remain silent, they are hoping for a human descendant of David who might liberate them from Roman domination. But drawing on David’s words recorded at Psalm 110:1, 2, Jesus establishes that the Messiah is to be more than a human ruler. He is David’s Lord, and after sitting at God’s right hand, he will exercise power.

Hope that answers your question Chris

Contentions remains.

I do not know what your Bible version says in John 1:18 & John 6:46 but no man had seen God the Father at any time, yet it was the Lord named Jehovah that had appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob & Moses.

Exodus 6:12 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

And yet still, Jesus testified that Moses had written of Him ( John 5:46-47 ) and that scriptures testified of Himself ( John 5:39-40 ).

Jesus had testified that Abraham had seen Him & had rejoiced in His day & Jesus even declared that He had existed before Abraham as the "I AM" and almost got stone for it in John 8:56-59

I believe Jehovah is also the name of the Father & the Holy Spirit as the name of God as Jesus is for us today, but for the Lord Jehovah that had appeared to men, it was not the Father, but the Son before His incarnation.

So does your Bible version say anything different in regards to those verses and if not, how do you rectify that it opposes what you believe?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Deity of Christ. The entire book of John presents Jesus as deity, but
the most profound claims occur in chapter 5. We read them superficially and don't stop and think of what is actually being said with depth.
The Jews criticize Jesus for healing on the Sabbath, blaspheme, claiming to be equal with God and therefore seek to kill Him.
Listen to John MacArthur's teaching on John 5:17-47. The meat of it starts at minute 20, but the introduction is worth it.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God advised all to make sure of all things. Its you who need to do that for yourself.

I have many lexicons and language studies both in book and online- it is you who opened your mouth and said you knew of at least 5 lexicons. I am just asking you which lexicons you said you looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.