Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you should do it for you. That was Gods advice--Be like the Bereans and make sure of all things.

I have already have and am calling you lying about you saying you saw at least five lexicons. I asked for you to name them, yuou refuse, you are hiding behind your defensive mechanisms now!

I have more than four or five lexicons at my use and they all say you are just simply regurgitating Watchtower lies!

I have done for my self, I am asking you to have the integrity to back u-p your claims with proof! If you don't that is a general sign someone lied.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have many lexicons and language studies both in book and online- it is you who opened your mouth and said you knew of at least 5 lexicons. I am just asking you which lexicons you said you looked at.

I said at least 5 bible translations used was divine or a god. Mostly 1800,s

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already have and am calling you lying about you saying you saw at least five lexicons. I asked for you to name them, yuou refuse, you are hiding behind your defensive mechanisms now!

I have more than four or five lexicons at my use and they all say you are just simply regurgitating Watchtower lies!

I have done for my self, I am asking you to have the integrity to back u-p your claims with proof! If you don't that is a general sign someone lied.

I said bibles not lexicons.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Bible inputs the name Jehovah in places in scripture for why you should doubt the removal of the name of Jehovah from other Bibles.

Contentions remains.

I do not know what your Bible version says in John 1:18 & John 6:46 but no man had seen God the Father at any time, yet it was the Lord named Jehovah that had appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob & Moses.

Exodus 6:12 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

And yet still, Jesus testified that Moses had written of Him ( John 5:46-47 ) and that scriptures testified of Himself ( John 5:39-40 ).

Jesus had testified that Abraham had seen Him & had rejoiced in His day & Jesus even declared that He had existed before Abraham as the "I AM" and almost got stone for it in John 8:56-59

I believe Jehovah is also the name of the Father & the Holy Spirit as the name of God as Jesus is for us today, but for the Lord Jehovah that had appeared to men, it was not the Father, but the Son before His incarnation.

So does your Bible version say anything different in regards to those verses and if not, how do you rectify that it opposes what you believe?

Thanks for your input Chris

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I'm saying then. What in the world is the point of this thread?

Most people who post here believe that Jesus is God, that is the point. The Bible says very clearly that Jehovah is God, therefore I phrased it as simple truth, Jehovah is either God or He is not. And that is the gospel truth, correct?

Reactions: Keiw and Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and Jehovah are one in the same.

1. Demonstrably untrue! Jesus died. Jehovah did not die.

2. Logically untrue! X and the Son of X are not and cannot be one in the same.

3. Scripturally untrue! Jesus said God was greater than he, knows more than he and is the only true God. If Jesus' Father is the only true God, then Jesus cannot be God. See logic above.

Isaiah 45:6 says so all the world from east to west will know there is no other God. I am the LORD, and there is no other. Jesus is never called the LORD (capital).

It is striking to consider Rev 1:1. The resurrected Jesus, abiding in heaven, having been given all authority on heaven and Earth is STILL not God. In that verse, God, in his unitarian nature, gave Jesus the revelation.

4. Theologically untrue! Jesus is our only mediator to God. He cannot be God AND our mediator to God. See logic above. More than that, Acts 17:31 emphasizes that the man Jesus died. Acts 3 explains this man's death is our proof that God's promise came true and is our confidence that we share the same fate. Theologically, there is nothing more important than Jesus being a man who died - completely and totally as all men do - and was resurrected by God into a glorified body.

If Jesus were God who merely took on human form and appeared to die but did not, it has no theological significance whatsoever since God is all powerful.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your entering Gods kingdom is your responsibility.

And this is an irrelavent dodge anser from you.

We are talking about you showing which bibles you claim say "a god" not about entering teh kingdom. Either say you will prove your claim or not.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are talking about you showing which bibles you claim say "a god" not about entering teh kingdom. Either say you will prove your claim or not.

You can google it. I have already done my homework.

Bible-James Moffatt, Schoenfield bible-- Goodspeed bible-Was divine, not was God

New test improved version-1808-- new test in Greek and English-1822--Literal translation of NT-1863--- Concise commentary bible R.Young-1885---- Plus a few more= a god.

Reactions: Wrangler

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Demonstrably untrue! Jesus died. Jehovah did not die.

2. Logically untrue! X and the Son of X are not and cannot be one in the same.

3. Scripturally untrue! Jesus said God was greater than he, knows more than he and is the only true God. If Jesus' Father is the only true God, then Jesus cannot be God. See logic above.

Isaiah 45:6 says so all the world from east to west will know there is no other God. I am the LORD, and there is no other. Jesus is never called the LORD (capital).

It is striking to consider Rev 1:1. The resurrected Jesus, abiding in heaven, having been given all authority on heaven and Earth is STILL not God. In that verse, God, in his unitarian nature, gave Jesus the revelation.

4. Theologically untrue! Jesus is our only mediator to God. He cannot be God AND our mediator to God. See logic above. More than that, Acts 17:31 emphasizes that the man Jesus died. Acts 3 explains this man's death is our proof that God's promise came true and is our confidence that we share the same fate. Theologically, there is nothing more important than Jesus being a man who died - completely and totally as all men do - and was resurrected by God into a glorified body.

If Jesus were God who merely took on human form and appeared to die but did not, it has no theological significance whatsoever since God is all powerful.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS GOD.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, what in the world makes you think this has anything to do with Jesus - or the trinity?

In fact, this disproves the trinity since no mention of the HS.
When God The Father "spoke", His literal "WORD" (coming forth out from Him) acted, created...) The Holy Spirit was there as well, "hovering over the deep". Ta Laaaa!! and, there you DO have the Trinity :) Until God "The Father" speaks...His Son (The Word) does nothing.

John 5:30 "
I can of Mine own self do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I seek not Mine own will, but the will of the Father who hath sent Me."

Status
Not open for further replies.