Jesse Duplantis's Trip to Heaven!! Who would call him a liar?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 19:24KJV
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

The Guardian
4000.jpg

Jet-set Jesus: televangelist to donate old private jet when he gets new $54m one

Jesse Duplantis angered many when he asked for $54m for a private jet – but he says his old plane will get a new home.

New Orleans televangelist Jesse Duplantis says people have misunderstood his reasons for wanting to buy a fourth private jet.

Youtube: Jesse Duplantis Exposed, Fox News

Wikipedia: Jesse Duplantis

Finances and Tax Issues
Duplantis's estimated $40 million net worth and lavish lifestyle come under harsh criticism from those outside the "prosperity gospel" fold.

The Trinity Foundation (Dallas), a religious watchdog organization, has kept an eye on Duplantis for more than 10 years. The organization's president Ole Anthony said that because DuPlantis' tax exemption, technically, every person in St. Charles Parish was “helping to pay for Duplantis' extravagant lifestyle”.

The ownership of Duplantis' $3 million house, which also serves as the church rectory, was also the subject of investigation, as it had been paid for through non-taxable donations, and Duplantis avoided paying up to $33,000 a year in taxes for what a house of that value would be taxed. Retired Tax Assessor Clyde Gisclair of that parish said that whereas most homeowners qualify for a tax exemption, Duplantis has placed the house in the ministry's name, though it is for his own use, and will not be paying taxes at all. Therefore taxpayers will be footing the bill. "When somebody's exempt, somebody has to pay the bill," Gisclair said. He said that instances like this can cause the area's millage, or property tax, to go up.

According to Anthhony, "If the IRS finds that he in fact is abusing the tax code with regard to those two issues (conversion and inurement), then they could conceivably revoke his ability to give tax receipts for donations - he could lose his tax exempt status." Besides the house, Jesse Duplantis Ministries also owns a huge private jet, with which Duplantis had used to take thousands of trips, including to Hawaii and Las Vegas

WOW! I was searching my mind trying to figure out who this guy was, And low and behold you post a Photo!!!!!
I have not rely watched any Televangelist's since Jim and Tammy bit the dust, Yeah I have no need for these type's!

I have this Opinion about Prosperity and I am ready for any rebuke, I hold to this strongly!!!
Remember when Satan took Jesus up to a High place, and Showed Him all the Glory and Wealth of the World?? [I believe what Jesus was shown, was the Present and Future Glory and Wealth of the World ] Then Satan declared I [Satan] Will give it to whom I choose, all this I give to you [JESUS] if you worship me!!
In the book of Revelation The scroll that has the Seal's is the Title Deed to this Planet, and until Our Savior strip's those Seal's, Satan is still the god of this age here on earth, as Paul state's. Satan still give's to those that teach falsely. We were never promised great wealth, we were Promised Persecution, for if they hated Me, they will hate you for my Namesake.
Don't get me wrong, I believe that we do get Blessing's, But why would God Make rich people, after saying, is is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, then for a Rich man to enter the Kingdom. Not many people can deal with Wealth, and if they obtain it, their Heart is snared by it.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not many people can deal with Wealth, and if they obtain it, their Heart is snared by it.

Well.....I actually know lots of rich people who are a tremendous blessing to the work of the Lord.

“With God, anything is possible.” Even the salvation of the rich.

On the other hand, it would be equally dangerous to argue “I’m poor, so I’m okay.”

The words of Jesus aren’t intended to give anybody a false sense of security. “Apart from the mercy of God, we’re all done for.”

I'm not a Jesse Duplantis fan, but The Guardian is nothing more than a left wing fanatic news site. In this case (Jesse) not fake news, but in many cases they are into sewer journalism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW! I was searching my mind trying to figure out who this guy was, And low and behold you post a Photo!!!!!
I have not rely watched any Televangelist's since Jim and Tammy bit the dust, Yeah I have no need for these type's!

I have this Opinion about Prosperity and I am ready for any rebuke, I hold to this strongly!!!
Remember when Satan took Jesus up to a High place, and Showed Him all the Glory and Wealth of the World?? [I believe what Jesus was shown, was the Present and Future Glory and Wealth of the World ] Then Satan declared I [Satan] Will give it to whom I choose, all this I give to you [JESUS] if you worship me!!
In the book of Revelation The scroll that has the Seal's is the Title Deed to this Planet, and until Our Savior strip's those Seal's, Satan is still the god of this age here on earth, as Paul state's. Satan still give's to those that teach falsely. We were never promised great wealth, we were Promised Persecution, for if they hated Me, they will hate you for my Namesake.
Don't get me wrong, I believe that we do get Blessing's, But why would God Make rich people, after saying, is is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, then for a Rich man to enter the Kingdom. Not many people can deal with Wealth, and if they obtain it, their Heart is snared by it.
I had to respond, your complete description is 100% true, and is what I believe also.

Jesus Christ Is our example, where he didn't have a place to lay his head, the Apostles were persecuted as was Jesus. Pick up the cross and follow Jesus, not multimillong dollar bank accounts, houses, planes, etc, the cares of this world that will choke the believer.

When you look clearly at scripture, those that had wealth, laid it at the Apostles feet, and they distributed to those in need within the church.

"Nobody Lacked"

Very few churches are practicing the true biblical example.

4:33-36KJV
33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Reactions: Helen and Truth

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well.....I actually know lots of rich people who are a tremendous blessing to the work of the Lord.

I'm not a Jesse Duplantis fan, but The Guardian is nothing more than a left wing fanatic news site. In this case (Jesse) not fake news, but in many cases they are into sewer journalism.
Triumph

The Guardian, Fox News, And Wikipedia

Jesse Dosen't stand alone, out of the top 10 wealthiest religious leaders, 5 are in Nigeria, a 3rd world country, and yes the "Prosperity Gospel" is their claim to fame.

These GUY'S are on the same scenario as the American counter parts, limousines, houses, jets, bank accounts, as dirt poor people fill their buildings, wondering where their next meal is coming from?

When you look clearly at scripture, those that had wealth, laid it at the Apostles feet, and they distributed to those in need within the church.

"Nobody Lacked"

Very few churches are practicing the true biblical example.

4:33-36KJV
33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Forbes

The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria

Bishop David Oyedepo
Affiliation: Living Faith World Outreach Ministry, aka Winners Chapel
Estimated net worth: $150 million

Chris Oyakhilome
Church: Believers’ Loveworld Ministries, a.k.a Christ Embassy
Estimated net worth: $30 million – $50 million

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know.

But I prefer not to focus on a few crooks to long.
I rather focus on the good ones.

People give money to these guys, yes, it's stupid.

But it's their business where they put their money.

If the local churches were doing a proper job, these people would be in the local churches and not watching TV.

Reactions: Helen

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you watched and listened to them all, Ac 28?
Except for Jakes, Parsley, Popoff, and Humbard. My aunt and uncle has about 15' of cabinets, with bookshelves on top, crammed full with nothing but books and tapes by Charismatic/Pentecostal preachers and their TVs were usually all tuned to TBN. I stayed with them for a couple of years. Spent many 100s of hours with Hinn, Copeland, the Crouchs, Duplantis, Hagee, Meyer, Swaggert, Hagin, Lindsey, and many, many, many hours with the Queen of them all, Kathryn Kuhlman.

Kathryn Kuhlman was extremely hypnotic. She's the Mother of all on that list. She had a network program on TV when I was a kid in the 50s, but I never watched her then. There are 100s, if not 1000s, of her videos on youtube. If you must watch her, be careful and pray for Protection beforehand. She's very dangerous, but she's so dainty and sweet and vibrant and sincere and down-to-earth and has so much charisma, she can suck you in in a heartbeat. There's definitely a strong spirit in her and it doesn't seem like one I would want to meet. I think she was Benny Hinn's favorite mentor (truly). Figures! Lots of youtube videos of them together or of Hinn talking about her. I don't plan on ever watching her again. Way too much power of questionable origin for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“With God, anything is possible.” Even the salvation of the rich.

On the other hand, it would be equally dangerous to argue “I’m poor, so I’m okay.”

The words of Jesus aren’t intended to give anybody a false sense of security. “Apart from the mercy of God, we’re all done for.”

Well I never had dream's of wealth, and to be perfectly Honest, I think I would have been a Terrible person if I had, I was bad enough before I found Our Savior!
As far as knowing people that have Wealth, not many in my life. I Agree with your response, there are those out there that do good with what they have. But again with the population as it is, there rely is just a handful, that make a difference!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for Jakes, Parsley, Popoff, and Humbard. My aunt and uncle has about 15' of cabinets, with bookshelves on top, crammed full with books and tapes of nothing but books and tapes by Charismatic/Pentecostal preachers and their TVs were usually all tuned to TBN. I stayed with them for a couple of years. Spent many 100s of hours with Hinn, Copeland, the Crouchs, Duplantis, Hagee, Meyer, Swaggert, Hagin, Lindsey, and many, many, many hours with the Queen of them all, Kathryn Kuhlman.

Kathryn Kuhlman was extremely hypnotic. She's the Mother of all on that list. She had a network program on TV when I was a kid in the 50s, but I never watched her then. There are 100s, if not 1000s, of her videos on youtube. If you must watch her, be careful and pray for Protection beforehand. She's very dangerous, but she's so dainty and sweet and vibrant and sincere and down-to-earth and has so much charisma, she can suck you in in a heartbeat. There's definitely a strong spirit in her and it doesn't seem like one I would want to meet. I think she was Benny Hinn's favorite mentor (truly). Figures! Lots of youtube videos of them together or of Hinn talking about her. I don't plan on ever watching her again. Way too much power of questionable origin for me.

My Wife remembers Kathryn Kuhlman, her family were all Christian's, from her youth, I was raised Agnostic. You mentioned Benny Hinn - One of the people I study from, said ! When Benny wave's his arm's and the masses fall down in the Spirit, He said He would not want to have any part of that Spirit, He doesn't believe it is from God.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Wife remembers Kathryn Kuhlman, her family were all Christian's, from her youth, I was raised Agnostic. You mentioned Benny Hinn - One of the people I study from, said ! When Benny wave's his arm's and the masses fall down in the Spirit, He said He would not want to have any part of that Spirit, He doesn't believe it is from God.
Kathryn was my aunt, on my father's side. I never knew her, but the stories about her are plentiful.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you spend many many many hours watching preachers you consider false teachers?

Sounds like you love wasting your time.

Btw. I don't consider JSM false teachers.
That was 21 years ago. I was in a 24/7 Charismatic living environment and I sort of got sucked in to that garbage, even though I knew better at that time. Since escaping, I haven't listened to one audio or read one book or article about that fake trash.

I truly believe that Satan is behind this counterfeit Gift thing, and that's the basis (along with the fake second blessing) of all those Charismatic and Pentecostal churches. With that and the rapture, Satan has done a perfect job of keeping people in Acts, where hardly anything really applies to them, and certainly not the rapture or the Gifts. This keeps them from seeing their true calling, which is found ONLY in Paul's 7 after-Acts epistles. The people who SEE, BELIEVE, and CLAIM that calling, mainly found in Eph and Col, have a hope of spending their afterlife far above all heavens, where Christ now sits at the right hand of God (No one in the other 59 books of the Bible ever had a hope of going to Heaven). I believe that's where Satan aspired to go (on high), wasn't allowed to go, and, by keeping people in Acts, he can prevent humans from going to what he considers HIS place.

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kathryn was my aunt, on my father's side. I never knew her, but the stories about her are plentiful.
I guess all I can say is, WOW. She was probably the most powerful person, spiritually, I've ever heard.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife and I also knew Benny Hinn back when he was half-way normal. (About 30 years ago.) Today, he scares me, and I won't even watch him on TV.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

She had her problems too.
I love her honesty ...telling Jamie Buckingham "to write it all Jamie, the good and the bad." Daughter of Ashes, great book.

It must be hard becoming famous like that. And as she said " and not take the glory". They start to believe that it is 'them' that has the ministry..and tend to forget that they are only a vessel and channel.
She was strong...but then did as those before her ( and after) took the fame and glory to herself.
The wicked devil works at tripping them all up.
Either by the $$$$ or by the zipper in their pants.
Bless their hearts ...I am glad I wasn't call as they were, "to whom much is given, much will be required"

The sad thing is..much of what they say is truth..there is always the kennel of truth... and we can learn from them...then that scripture comes to us as Jesus said about the pharesies..." Do as they say, but do not do as they do."

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much of my family born in that same area of MO that Aunt Kate was raised in were wrapped-up in evangelism. My father's step-kids even went to school with Mike Bickle of IHOP fame. I think I was the only "heathen" of the whole bunch.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything I said was scriptural. Since you 2 obviously don't right divide, as per 2Tim 2:15, nothing you say about the gifts has any validity. If you did obey Paul and rightly divide, you would be approved unto God and you would never set foot in a Charismatic Church again.
Eccl 7:5
It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise
(the Bible, rightly divided), than for a man to hear the song of fools (Duplantis, Copeland, Hinn, etc.).

I spent about 2 wasted years, at least twice a week, in services in large Charismatic churches in Houston, the Charismatic capital of the world. I did this to help out my elderly aunt and uncle. I saw 100s of fake healings and prophesies and probably 1000s of fake tongues, and watched maybe 1000s of very gullible people get "slain in the Spirit". I heard many sermons that talked about the fake "second blessing". I watched Duplantis and the other fake Prosperity preachers for 1000s of hours on TV, especially on the wretched TBN, with the awful Jan and Paul Crouch, the 2 most fake people on the planet. I never heard tongues or witnessed healing or prophesies that weren't fake. None were like those in the Bible. What was spooky was that all of those people were sincere and actually bought into all that fake garbage that was taught to them by all those fake millionaire preachers. I sort of liked Duplantis, though, because he was funny, not because anything he said was true.

All I learned was that, although EVERYTHING was fake, it did have quite a lot of entertainment value. I always put some money in the plate. When you go to the circus, you have to buy a ticket.