Jesus' Conflicting Statement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blankshot

Oct 5, 2012
John 12:47-48 ESV If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. (48) The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

The word that I have spoken = Jesus' words

The words of Jesus are conflicting

This is meant as a joke only

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
There is no conflict. Jesus's words are what the Father in heaven asked him to speak. That word is the standard we will be judged by.

So anytime we disagree with the word we have to understand that we have someone that will judge us, based on that exact standard that is delivered to us in plain text.

The standard of protocol is not our thinking, nor our understanding. But His word.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
blankshot said:
John 12:47-48 ESV If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. (48) The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

The word that I have spoken = Jesus' words

The words of Jesus are conflicting

This is meant as a joke only
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

If we believe in Jesus as his word say to, then we will never die.

Those who do not believe in Jesus as his word says, has already been judged.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did come to bring words of judgement but words of life, He will return and the words He brought will be what the men are judged by.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who refuses to eat the food provided that is necessary to sustain life, condemns himself to death. To eat the food (the Word of God) is to live, to refuse the food given for life (the Word of God) is to receive death, willingly.