Our sins were forgiven after believing in the Lord, but why do we still often sin? How can we finally escape the bondage of sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wendy Soo

Oct 5, 2023
Victoria (name)
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come” (John 16:12–13).

“Sanctify them through Your truth: Your word is truth” (John 17:17).

“And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects Me, and receives not My words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day” (John 12:47–48).

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come” (John 16:12–13).

“Sanctify them through Your truth: Your word is truth” (John 17:17).

“And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects Me, and receives not My words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day” (John 12:47–48).
Would you like to link the passages you quoted with the title of the thread…..? I’m not sure what you mean….
Explaining the way scripture ties in the points you are making will help the readers understand your reasons for quoting them.

Wendy Soo

Oct 5, 2023
Victoria (name)
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks, it's nice to meet you, I see you're from Australia as well, it's nice to see someone from a country here!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are perhaps going to hear many different answers to your title question. Only one answer is correct.

What has been occurring with Christians since Pentecost is something completely new and was not fully understood during the times of the early church, and many among the early church were wrong and there were even false teachers, and many believe the "lie" foretold by Paul and warned of by Peter. Even 5 out of the 7 churches addressed by Jesus, he had "somewhat against." These things are all written. As a result the church has suffered great apostacy and strong delusion...as it is also written.

Consequently, contrary to what is most commonly taught and believed in the church today, the answer is understood by only a few, and only completely understood, by almost no one.

The answer is that salvation is the commencement of eternity for the new born (again) spirit, while the flesh body is still under the curse of sin unto death. This is only eluded to by Paul who spoke of the struggle that he, having been saved on the road to Damascus, still warred with, as being a unique issue effecting only those he described as, "we who are alive and remain"...meaning we who are alive in the spirit, but remain in the flesh and in the world in the service of God unto the end and the passing of the flesh.

The misunderstanding of this comes from those who have not fully yielded to the Spirit, expecting to do themselves what Christ has already done, and "finished." This is what Paul referred to as "returning to the beggarly elements" of the flesh to "workout their own salvation" as if they could and as if Christ needed them to do what they cannot--as if it were them who now lives, rather than Christ who lives in them.

Indeed, the truth has evaded many and caused many to think that to keep the six days holy is required and fulfills the commandment to "keep the sabbath (seventh day) holy." Such are the deceived.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and marks

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are perhaps going to hear many different answers to your title question. Only one answer is correct.

What has been occurring with Christians since Pentecost is something completely new and was not fully understood during the times of the early church, and many among the early church were wrong and there were even false teachers, and many believe the "lie" foretold by Paul and warned of by Peter. Even 5 out of the 7 churches addressed by Jesus, he had "somewhat against." These things are all written. As a result the church has suffered great apostacy and strong delusion...as it is also written.

Consequently, contrary to what is most commonly taught and believed in the church today, the answer is understood by only a few, and only completely understood, by almost no one.

The answer is that salvation is the commencement of eternity for the new born (again) spirit, while the flesh body is still under the curse of sin unto death. This is only eluded to by Paul who spoke of the struggle that he, having been saved on the road to Damascus, still warred with, as being a unique issue effecting only those he described as, "we who are live and remain"...meaning we who are alive in the spirit, but remain in the flesh and in the world in the service of God unto the end and the passing of the flesh.

The misunderstanding of this comes from those who have not fully yielded to the Spirit, expecting to do themselves what Christ has already done, and "finished." This is what Paul referred to as "returning to the beggarly elements" of the flesh to "workout their own salvation" as if they could and as if Christ needed them to do what they cannot--as if it were them who now lives, rather than Christ who lives in them.

Indeed, the truth has evaded many and caused many to think that to keep the six days holy is required and fulfills the commandment to "keep the sabbath (seventh day) holy." Such are the deceived.
"Consequently, contrary to what is most commonly taught and believed in the church today, the answer is understood by only a few, and only completely understood, by almost no one."

And of course you the ONE of the few with the answer and all the rest of us almost no one Oh my puffed up on your own ego there old man

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My point is, why do we keep on sinning even after we repent?
Because the Kingdom is not yet ruling the earth....sin is still operating in us even though Jesus' death grants forgiveness to those who obey him. The King of God's Kingdom has to judge mankind and "separate the sheep from the goats" first. (Matthew 25:31-46) Then once he has cleansed the old earth of all wickedness, then he will bring about peace in a "new earth" (not a new planet because there is nothing wrong with this one)....its the humans who are deliberately sinning who will be removed....not those trying their best to do the right thing and obey God in all their ways.
We want to be among those who pass that final test....those whom Jesus says are "doing the will of the Father". (Matt :21-23)

Reactions: amadeus

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the Kingdom is not yet ruling the earth....sin is still operating in us even though Jesus' death grants forgiveness to those who obey him. The King of God's Kingdom has to judge mankind and "separate the sheep from the goats" first. (Matthew 25:31-46) Then once he has cleansed the old earth of all wickedness, then he will bring about peace in a "new earth" (not a new planet because there is nothing wrong with this one)....its the humans who are deliberately sinning who will be removed....not those trying their best to do the right thing and obey God in all their ways.
We want to be among those who pass that final test....those whom Jesus says are "doing the will of the Father". (Matt :21-23)
Can you prove the kingdom is yet to come from scripture please?

Reactions: ScottA

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can you prove the kingdom is yet to come from scripture please?
Jesus taught us to pray for the Kingdom to "come" so that God's will is "done on earth as it is in heaven"...Is God's will being done on this earth yet?

Has Revelation 21:2-4 been fulfilled?
"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

We are so close now to the "former things" 'passing away', never to be experienced by us again. Nothing will spoil the thousand year reign of the Prince of Peace.

The apostle Peter also spoke of the "new heavens and new earth"....
"But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell."
Is righteousness found on the earth yet?

With the "new earth" (redeemed mankind) governed by the "new heavens", (God's Kingdom) all will return to God's first purpose in putting humans here on the Earth in the first place.....this was not designed as a training ground for heaven,...it was meat to be our permanent home....and will be when Jesus brings his rulership to the earth....bringing us back to God the Father.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because we have sinful flesh handed down to us from Adam....till eventually it kills us.
So you believe? in what? that the sun will rise in the morning? that good nutrition equals good health? that God keeps a record of all your wrongs? a particular religious culture? etc etc

Jesus is your Saviour, yup, you are drowning and he saves you, that's what Saviour means. He does for you what you cannot do for yourself. Does that mean there are not going to be temptations that draw you in? Temptations peculiar to your weaknesses?
You will be tempted till the day you die and fall but you have a Saviour, call on him in gratitude, again and again and again.

You are the apple of his eye and he knows you did not ask to be born one this sinful earth and all that comes with it.
Trust him. Keep your eye on his promise. Walk and keep your eye on Jesus irrespective of the billowing waves inside and outside.....he has your back particularly in your struggles.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were created imperfect and given a fallen nature from the beginning of our lives.

When we are born again we are told we are given a new nature.Our sins are forgiven eternally. And we sin no more. If we think we slip up,we have Jesus as our advocate in Heaven.

We are to believe this. And so, we who are in Christ do not make a habit of sinning.

But here's the thing. Most anything you do in life can be construed as a sin.
When you first believe in sin and you are a sinner, believe next that you are not,because you are born again.

It's called faith. And faith is believing it's all true.

Live free in Christ and you'll do just fine.:)

Reactions: ScottA and marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Our sins were forgiven after believing in the Lord, but why do we still often sin? How can we finally escape the bondage of sin?​

OP ^
First off…Welcome to the forum, may God bless you and yours.

WHY do people SIN? Because they are natural persons and not CONVERTED.

Escape the bondage of SIN, HOW?
Become CONVERTED IN Christ, by, through, of accepting the Offering of the Lord God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marks

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught us to pray for the Kingdom to "come" so that God's will is "done on earth as it is in heaven"...Is God's will being done on this earth yet?

"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

We are so close now to the "former things" 'passing away', never to be experienced by us again. Nothing will spoil the thousand year reign of the Prince of Peace.

"But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell."

With the "new earth" (redeemed mankind) governed by the "new heavens", (God's Kingdom) all will return to God's first purpose in putting humans here on the Earth in the first place.....this was not designed as a training ground for heaven,...it was meat to be our permanent home....and will be when Jesus brings his rulership to the earth....bringing us back to God the Father.
It is my opinion you need a lot of schooling on the Kingdom come but that is a topic for another thread but I must ask do you think Jesus is not now ruling from his throne?

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Consequently, contrary to what is most commonly taught and believed in the church today, the answer is understood by only a few, and only completely understood, by almost no one."

And of course you the ONE of the few with the answer and all the rest of us almost no one Oh my puffed up on your own ego there old man

Go ahead and continue to be deceived, to deny that false teachers have entered into the church teaching a lie causing strong delusion and great apostacy.

Why spoil the delusion--why spoil the slumber?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If I may interject...

Indeed His kingdom has come, as has the New Jerusalem. But it is not as many perceive it to be.

Because the kingdom of God is "within you", why do you expect the new heaven and earth to be outward and seen? That is completely backwards, the thinking of men and of the world. But I like you and respect you as a sister in Christ--so, please--please consider that His rule is within, as is the kingdom; and that the new heaven and new earth are not to be presented in this world outwardly to also be destroyed with fervent heat and with fire, but are secure within, as are we in whom Christ has come into...if He has indeed come into us.

Therefore, if we testify that Jesus has come into us--we testify, even if unknowingly, that these things have come already.

As for 2 Peter 3:13, Peter does not say that we "are awaiting", but rather directs those who have not yet seen the promise fulfilled, to "wait for" or "expect" it...also properly defined as "waited for" (past tense).

Last edited:
Reactions: Godslittleservant

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead and continue to be deceived, to deny that false teachers have entered into the church teaching a lie causing strong delusion and great apostacy.

Why spoil the delusion--why spoil the slumber?
I apologize that remark was uncalled for and for that I am sorry but don't feel bad That is what everyone tells me also but I should be better and not stoop to such levels again I am sorry please find it in your heart to forgive me and by the way yes I agree there are way to many false teachers out there and I pray to God that he leads me in his truth that I may not be numbered among them.

Reactions: Nancy and ScottA