Jesus didn't take away our sin, only our punishment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting for proof of the posters here who allegedly stated what @CharismaticLady claims they said which became the title she used in this thread.

I've seen zero evidence of this in this thread (she claimed it's happening) or anywhere else on this forum. Looks like yet another 9th commandment violation. I'm pretty sure that shows someone isn't sinlessly perfect as has been claimed, over, and over, and over so we are all sure to take notice.

He hasn't responded. But how many call someone a liar if they claim sinlessness, including you? They certainly don't believe that Jesus takes away sin, but they believe they are going to heaven anyway.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He hasn't responded. But how many call someone a liar if they claim sinlessness, including you? They certainly don't believe that Jesus takes away sin, but they believe they are going to heaven anyway.
God calls you a liar, not me, I only happen to agree with him; 1 John 1:10.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are referring to 1 John 1:8, similar but not the same. Are you sinless? Or are you a slave to sin?
What you need to be concerned about is not me, but you, and the indictment upon you in 1 John 1:10. Your attempt to compare yourself with me shows you are foolish, and ignorant 2 Corinthians 10:12.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you need to be concerned about is not me, but you, and the indictment upon you in 1 John 1:10. You attempt to compare yourself with me shows you are foolish, and ignorant 2 Corinthians 10:12.

Wasn't that you in post #5. Make up your mind. Did Jesus take away your sin or not?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you need to be concerned about is not me, but you, and the indictment upon you in 1 John 1:10. You attempt to compare yourself with me shows you are foolish, and ignorant 2 Corinthians 10:12.

I preached a sermon a month or so back from Luke 18:9-14. The Pharisee was comparing himself to the tax collector, and because, in his eyes, he was superior to the tax collector, he was okay with God. He was relying upon what he did and did not do. He was using his fellow man as the standard by which he is measured by. Sadly, we cannot compare ourselves to our fellow man, as they are not the standard. God is the Standard, and that was the title of my sermon. God is the Standard by which we all we be judged by. That is why those who are in Christ are saved.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you and SG know that Christians are no longer called sinners but children of God? A slave to sin will never be in heaven if they die in that state.
Paul was foremost of sinners, present tense, 1 Timothy 1:15. That doesn't mean slave to sin. In your deceived state you conflate these things.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sin was condemned in the flesh.
Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:2 "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Romans 8:4 "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context doesn't erase the present tense reality of Paul, yet your self deceived state makes that attempt.

I see many on here like the disciples when they were arguing amongst themselves who would be greatest in the kingdom, or something akin to that.

You may or may not remember a show that came on years ago called 'Romper Room'. At the end of every show, she(the host, can't remember her name) would hold this mirror(it was a mirror but the mirror itself was missing and she looked through it), and look through it and say "I see Mary, Bobby, Roy, Walter..." We kids, there were five us born within 6 years of each other, would pile up in front of the tv, hoping she'd see us(we thought she could o_O ) and say our names. We were jockeying for position, hoping she'd see us and call out our name. That is how many our on all these various message boards. Trying to jockey for position. :(

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context doesn't erase the present tense reality of Paul, yet your self deceived state makes that attempt.

Present tense is merely a teaching style. Look at Romans 7:9. That's present tense. Was Paul over 1300 years old to be around before and after Moses received the law?

cc: @SovereignGrace This is for your benefit too seeing as you like Preachers harsh reply to me. You both needs lessons in the Word, and also the fruit of the Spirit.