Jesus didn't take away our sin, only our punishment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For human teams in sports, perhaps that is okay.

If you support the devil though, or speak well of the devil, or of those bringing the corruption of the devil,
then according to God's Word that is at least wrong and sinful, and at worse it is or leads to anathema.

That is all conditional on "IF", which does not apply to me.
Not sure if you are informing me or accusing me.

Glory to God,
Taken

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all conditional on "IF", which does not apply to me.
Not sure if you are informing me or accusing me.
the "IF" is indicating , just like with the Apostles messages, it is subject to testing. Proving. Verifying something is truth BEFORE belieing of accepting it.

If you name and fellowship with a group of those who serve /worship demons, that is not a good thing at all.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the "IF" is indicating , just like with the Apostles messages, it is subject to testing. Proving. Verifying something is truth BEFORE belieing of accepting it.

If you name and fellowship with a group of those who serve /worship demons, that is not a good thing at all.

Well ya!
That's not my gig.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Joseph77

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”
Then why do Christians die?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do Christians die?

Romans 8:9-11

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Paul is talking of two different terms here for flesh. "Flesh" in this case, is our nature that holds our instincts and spirit. It must be born again in this life. "Body" is made up of blood, flesh and bone, but is mortal. But, just as our nature or spirit became immortal when filled with the eternal God, so must our body put on immortality. Before we actually enter heaven for all eternity, we will be given a new body, and eternal body that never decays.

Paul has put these verses together so we would not mistake one for the other. It is like Paul is saying between verses 9 and 10 - "not to be mistaken for"

1 Corinthians 15:53-54
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”

Why it is so confusing to some is that Paul does use the term flesh for our body as well in 1 Corinthians 15:39 39 All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has to, because of the conditions of society.
In the New Testament, there is testimony of those assemblies and such where it was different, with power in Christ, instead of a form without power like most places today.
I'm not sure what you mean here.

I haven't been to most places so I don't know. The group I generally fellowship with, I think we have an whole range of people.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks said:

As always, I appreciate the message that in Christ we are truly free from sin!

That is only true if

Actually, my appreciation of your message of our victory over sin is true regardless of our difference in understanding of what sin actually is.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks said:

Actually, my appreciation of your message of our victory over sin is true regardless of our difference in understanding of what sin actually is.

Much love!

marks, before I just sat down to check for alerts, I was thinking about my upbringing. I cannot recall anytime in my youth being taught about 1 John 3:9 or 1 John 5:18. Sermons were always we don't practice sin. Some modern versions of the Bible even inserted "practice" into 1 John 3:9. And I do remember being taught that when we sin then if we repent, Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteous, 1 John 1:9. It was always a 'given' that we would.

It wasn't until after my 'religious experience' on the evening of Feb. 9, 1977 that I started noticing these verses, and could positively relate to them. For 30 years before that I see that I read into scripture what I experienced - a natural ability to sin. But after receiving God's supernatural power of the Spirit, I again can interpret these mind-boggling scriptures, but can relate to them as literally written. Also, if you ever wondered about whether or not the gifts of the Spirit were active today, you will no longer have to wonder. You'll know they do.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GREAT! ..... and the purification, or sanctification, or seeking the truth must continue !

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

na Peter states earlier in this same chapter:
2Pe 2:9  The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 

therefore the "godly" those born of the Holy Spirit.

though Jesus does state in a parable about the conditions of which the seed of the message will be received. and this text you've posted says the same, but one must be called, chosen, and faithful. and all three of those are by the will of the Father.

as far as punishments I don't know that dyeing even of this life in the flesh is an escape of any sort, seeing sin is the reason for it. but the removal of sin is required to be with God in God's Peace. seeing God is a Spirit according to Jesus then God's Life survives the death of the flesh demonstrated in Christ Jesus. and that Life one receives of Christ is sinless, the rest is removed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks said:
I think there are occasion when we will commit sin...

marks said:

Confusing...Are you talking about the same "we" in each comment?

Glory to God,
Taken
No I'm not.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seeing God is a Spirit according to Jesus then God's Life survives the death of the flesh demonstrated in Christ Jesus. and that Life one receives of Christ is sinless, the rest is removed.

I agree as long as you mean the death of the carnal nature in this lifetime, and not that we will only be dead to sin after this body dies.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
.... the holy commandment delivered. ...... to them....

Who else was it delivered to, and specifically what is it in this context/ chapter ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean here.

I haven't been to most places so I don't know. The group I generally fellowship with, I think we have an whole range of people.

Much love!
Most places, according to all Scripture (not having my self been to most places, not by a gazillion ! ) ....

as where Scripture says that all society is pernicious (i.e. not just God's enemy, but so much so, seeking to drag everyone everywhere down to destruction, willfully, on purpose, or unwittingly)

Ephesians 2: we also were once with all the society , sons of disobedience, until we were born again, set apart by God.

=========================== quoted post ====================>>>
This is true:
marks said:

I think that Christians have been hearing for so long that, well, we're just always gonna sin! that we forget we don't have to.

=============================================================
This happens frequently daily on the forum, and in most places on earth:
marks said:

I think there are occasions when we will commit sins, but that those occasions don't have to be often.

It has to, because of the conditions of society.
In the New Testament, there is testimony of those assemblies and such where it was different, with power in Christ, instead of a form without power like most places today.
=============================end quoted post==================

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this to mean that your view is the Christian commits no sins?

Much love!

People being called or calling themselves Christians? Sure they can commit sin.

People who ARE "Born Again"? No, they can not commit Sin.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: CharismaticLady

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People being called or calling themselves Christians? Sure they can commit sin.

People who ARE "Born Again"? No, they can not commit Sin.

Glory to God,
Taken
OK, thank you! I didn't realize that you thought this.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's right.
Except you don't believe that, though you present yourself that you do.

You've redefined sin differently from the Scriptural, "that which is not of faith is sin", and you've allowed what you call "unintentional sins" AKA sins not unto death.

Are you changing your view?

Most people on this forum seem to think that you proclaim a complete sinlessness, a kind of moral perfection or excellence. But that's not true, is it?

Much love!