Jesus didn't take away our sin, only our punishment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree.

Glory to God,
Taken
Okay --- do you desire to sin, or desire to sin often, on purpose ?

IF you were on a football team, would you play always for your team, or would you sneakily help the opposing team ?

Reactions: Dave M

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (Rev 1:5)

washed=
" λούω. 1aor. ἔλουσα; pf. pass. λέλουμαι and λέλουσμαι; (1) active and literally, of cleansing someone wash, bathe (AC 16.33); (2) middle and literally wash, bathe oneself; metaphorically, of spiritual cleansing in JN 13.10; (3) figuratively, as a baptismal term wash (HE 10.22; RV 1.5)"

Not sure if that is what you are after.

The passage was showing that the title is a false teaching that I keep running into on the forums.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As always, I appreciate the message that in Christ we are truly free from sin!

That is only true if the proof is in the pudding. We can't say we are free from sin, and keep on sinning. That is a belief from the Reformation and Gnostics of the first century that Peter was speaking of as false.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:)
It just took it from what Jesus literally said about His resurrected body, where He said that he had a body of flesh and bones. Usually we would say that we are flesh and blood. But I could be wrong of course, and your thinking is logical and fair enough.
Expressions are versatile, and idioms are not to be taken literally, especially when they defy logic, and the visibly obvious. Jesus was simply dispelling the belief that he was solely a spirit, as was postulated by his disciples. The exactitude of his expression was not the point, but simply to enumerate enough attributes that would contradict any notions of him being a spirit, and not corporeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Christensen

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus literally said about His resurrected body, where He said that he had a body of flesh and bones.
This is truth. No deviation nor explanation needed , per se, to believe God's Word.

In time, God Willing, He will grant the understanding , perfectly, in perfect harmony with all of His Word and Plan.

This might help. It was simply found by a quik internet search, and is not verified yet.

Question: You said that Jesus had no blood in His resurrected body. But He has flesh and bones. The Bible says that the life of the flesh is in the blood, so how can He have flesh without blood?

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you willingly broadcast a false teaching ?
=======================================================================

God.

IF you mean "who did I reply to" , then read the post.

I did, but it wasn't to anyone.

As for the title, I should have put quote marks on it. I just didn't think of it. The passage would have pointed out that the title was a false teaching.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you on a cell phone and cannot see when a post is quoted ?

No, and I went to the bottom to see if there were Ignored content, and there wasn't at the time. Now there is, but I just noticed it, but he wasn't it either. You do love to hunt for things to try to accuse me of. That is what I meant earlier that you were not of the right spirit. Are you not going to behave?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, and I went to the bottom to see if there were Ignored content, and there wasn't at the time. Now there is, but I just noticed it, but he wasn't it either. You do love to hunt for things to try to accuse me of. That is what I meant earlier that you were not of the right spirit. Are you not going to behave?
You cannot even read a post correctly.... here it is again :
My post (which you quoted) :
========================================================================
" ["Taken said:
Disagree.

Glory to God,
Taken"]

IF you were on a football team, would you play always for your team, or would you sneakily help the opposing team ?"
==========================================================================
Current post: Since your conscience is stricken with guilt,
and you assumed in error the question was to you,
do you desire to sin, or desire to sin often, on purpose ?
Is a good question for you to answer also, if you were able to.

Since you are daily posting errors, no one has to search for them nor make up anything to accuse you of - you provide quite enough posts in error yourself, as was pointed out several times today/recently, again.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot even read a post correctly.... here it is again :
My post (which you quoted) :
========================================================================
" ["Taken said:
Disagree.

Glory to God,
Taken"]

IF you were on a football team, would you play always for your team, or would you sneakily help the opposing team ?"
==========================================================================
Current post: Since your conscience is stricken with guilt,
and you assumed in error the question was to you,
do you desire to sin, or desire to sin often, on purpose ?
Is a good question for you to answer also, if you were able to.

Since you are daily posting errors, no one has to search for them nor make up anything to accuse you of - you provide quite enough posts in error yourself, as was pointed out several times today/recently, again.

I have that person on ignore. And if you don't grow up and become civil, you will be too.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First, how many do you see in the Bible ? (they are there, most importantly)

Remember Jesus , after His resurrection, did not appear to any unbelievers.

Actually He has, many since than, lots of Muslims converted after Christ appeared to them, He came for the sinners, nothing has changed

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

IF you were on a football team, would you play always for your team, or would you sneakily help the opposing team ?
God's Word is sharper than any two-edged sword, cleaving between the bone and the marrow, discerning the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Remember Jesus , after His resurrection, did not appear to any unbelievers."
"Actually He has, many since than, lots of Muslims converted after Christ appeared to them//"
"God's Word is sharper than any two-edged sword, cleaving between the bone and the marrow, discerning the thoughts and intents of the heart."

", He came for the sinners, nothing has changed""

What is your motive? In the BIBLE, after His resurrection, Jesus did not appear to any unbelievers. Even after His Ascension, IN THE BIBLE TIME.

Now, today, as you noted: Jesus did (by testimony, unverified, unproven, but not dis-proven) appear to 'lots of Muslims'... ("seeking Him"? ) ....

Jesus heard their prayers, as they turned to Him, repenting of the sin of serving a false god in their lives.

This has not changed. "Appearing to Muslims" is not seen in the Bible, "Appearing to others"(who are not saved) is not seen in the Bible between the Crucifixion and the Ascension.

It is written that God says HE does not HEAR the PRAYER of someone who "considers sin" in their heart... this cannot be broken - it did not change.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, Never.

If, I was (and have been in the past on competitive teams), To the best of my ability I perform the task of my position on the team. I have no thought to sabotage the opposition or aid the opposition to Accomplish their task...
I can appreciate the oppositions good performance, and had no reservation in telling them so.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks said:
I think there are occasion when we will commit sin...

marks said:
As always, I appreciate the message that in Christ we are truly free from sin!

Confusing...Are you talking about the same "we" in each comment?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marks

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can appreciate the oppositions good performance, and had no reservation in telling them so.
For human teams in sports, perhaps that is okay.

If you support the devil though, or speak well of the devil, or of those bringing the corruption of the devil,
then according to God's Word that is at least wrong and sinful, and at worse it is or leads to anathema.