Jesus is a human being but not the one true God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Whats wrong with your keyboard? Is it wireless? If so, do you have a USB 3.0 device hooked up to your computer? My wireless keyboard was hardly working because the signal coming from the Keyboards receiver was somehow being interrupted by the flash drive. I just bought a wired keyboard to save myself the hassle.
I typy really fast. Professionally. This keyboard can't keep up with me and I waste too much time fixing typos. I'm calling for service. I can't take this...Tried speed at control panel. Tried cleaning out temp files....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I know that is aggravating. Sorry. I don't understand your six references though. Maybe tomorrow. Dallas Cowboys are playing your New York Giants and I'm having a hard time paying attention to the computer. Later.

Stranger
The six references would be for bb.
He sounds to me like someone who loves Jesus as Lord but not as LORD.
Muslims believe Jesus is a prophet. If He was only a prophet, He was a crazy one.
He left us no choice but to believe who He was or to accept a madmen as a Prophet.

The references prove Jesus' ID.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GINOLJC, to all. Yes the Lord Jesus is the GREAT "I AM" of the OT (Spirit) and the NT (spirit) in flesh as a man in his "OWN" image that was to come, (see Romans 5:14b).

I notice you said, "I admit I don't really understand this thread much". anytime a child of God is in doubt about anything is to TEST the spirit by the SPIRIT, meaning the word of God. for the apostle said, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good". may I help you out. you're correct about the Lord Jesus laying down his power, ... well, what if we say that he veiled his powers. same as saying laying down, but without removing his power, meaning not openly showing them because he "WILLED" NOT to show them openly. by not openly showing them, he set the example for us to follow. "HE HUMBLED" himself when he was in flesh. according to the record in book to the Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men". made himself is an act of his will. understand, most people don't know or fully understand the "WILL" of God. God willed not to use his power while in flesh and blood. let me give you an example of his will in his working. scripture, Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". STOP and think for a moment. your left hand and your right hand is your hands... right. but how can you not know what both are doing. how? it's an act of your will not to know. let's see this Godly principle in action by God himself. scripture, in the new covenant that God made with us today, he said this, concering the new covenant. Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more". hold it, how can all knowing God "not remember". just as in Matthew 6:3 it's the Godly principle of the ACT of one's "WILL". here, God willed not to remember. just let that settle in. also in Philippians 2:7, "he made HIMSELF of no reputation", meaning it was an act of his will NOT to be of no reputation. meaning, NOT to show his powers openly.

Now knowing that, to help you understand God as a man, (in flesh), hence the topic. staying in the record of the Philippians, now at verse 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God". without going into any details, I'll make it plain. the word "form" here is key in understanding God in flesh. definition time, FORM, this word can be used internally and externally to describe the schema of a things or a person. Form,
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313
here this word "form" identifies our Lord fundamental nature. remember he put on flesh, so what is his nature before he put on flesh? answer, Spirit, and John 4:24a states... God is a Spirit. and there is ONLY ONE GOD. so, the Lord Jesus is the Spirit, meaning GOD. but how as God in flesh? answer, the root of G3444 μορφή morphe is G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n. 1. a portion. notice it's not a verb, nor an adverb but a noun. and a portion means "share" and not divide. so our Lord Jesus is the "EQUAL SHARE" of himself in flesh as the Philippians record states, "equal with" and not equal to" big difference. because equal with means the same one person, if equal to that means another separate person as some mistakenly assume, and that want fly. because, Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?". this verse just eliminated another separate "PERSON" in the Godhead, which is no other. also this verse do the same, Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One". see, John 1:1 is correct as in its use of the word "with". John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". with here complement Philippians 2:6 as being Equal "WITH". so the Lord Jesus is God as the equal of himself "shared in flesh. and that word "share" indicate another of one self, simply put, the sharing of ONESELF is called being an "OFFSPRING", which our Lord is.
hoped that helped, be blessed.
This sounds good and I gave you a like.
Then I took it back.

Could you plainly state if you believe in the truine Godhead?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
if belief in God means leaving the world--ha, as if--and hating your life, how can you make this proposition sound reasonable to anyone?
What did Jesus mean when He said that we are to hate our life?
How do we LEAVE this world?

Please answer what you believe this means.
My faith is reasonable because I'm depending on reasonable men to tell me about the ONE I believe in.

How else could I know about Jesus, but through the men who were with Him?
I was not there.
So therein lies the faith, you might say.

Faith for what? Who told me Jesus was resurrected from the dead?
Did I dream it?

NO.
Those who were there wrote about it. It was passed on orally and by written word.
It was turned into a book.
Do I believe those men or not?
Therein is the question and the response.

If you feel you could trust THEM, not a Church, then you could believe what they tell you. If you feel you could not trust them, therein lies the problem at hand.

You've become convinced Jesus was just a man.
How does a man come back to life?
Did the Apostles lie to us?
Why would they?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
amen you cannot find God with your mind, and logic and reason will not work. it is simply unnatural to yield in the manner that is commanded. Anti-self makes no sense.
You do have strange ideas.
Some DO find God with their mind.
I used to speak to a philosopher that DECIDED that God must exist and DECIDED to follow Him.

And what does anti-self mean anyway?
How could I be anti myself if Jesus told me I'm to love ME.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
it strikes me that the truth is best expressed somewhere in the middle of our two perspectives, and removing either one would be catastrophic to any truth. Adding a third perspective would be even better imo, i should go grab @habibiii zahra lol
The only 3rd perspective, as I can see, is that the Apostles lied.

1. Jesus is God.
2. Jesus is crazy.
3. The Apostles lied.

Pick one.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Protestantism has split into THOUSANDS of churches (counting the non-denominational)
precisely because we do not study and agree of doctrine.

Actually, no its because they are not united in Christ, simple as that.

Does it not say " I am the way the truth and the life, no man shall enter into heaven but by me",, but mans has offered well as you say. lots of ways.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
giveth life;
It does not even Jesus said so, i am amazed at how easily christians would rather have the dead letter than the living word.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

and so you have no life just the bible and your religion.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't complete your sentence, so I didn't understand.
No problem.
I see that you had a vision.

Perhaps Jesus said that he does not impute sin to children and not that they don't sin.
We don't recognize sin, but God does.
He certainly will not hold a child responsible for what the child does not know.;

This is also true of adults. If you don't know something is a sin, then for you it is not.

That statement does not square.
Psalm 19
12How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.

David here ask for forgiveness for sins he did not know he committed.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stranger Geez 'Stranger' that's a little harsh, don't you think ( in relation to your answer to 'bbyrd')? Did Jesus not instruct us to try to make peace with those around us? Also in order to be forgiven by them, they should first 'repent' to us, and THEN we are to forgive them.. At least that is how I understood what is written. I have not heard about this issue from the Lord, nor do I think I have asked Him.
I have a hard time believing that if you are a Christian, that you can be this hard hearted toward others. You do list yourself as a Christian, so may I ask why you try so hard to come across as an unsaved person at times?
In all honesty, I am NOT trying to heap dung upon you, I am just confused by this, so please don't take offense, I do not mean it that way, I am however curious.
I get the sense that you have been hurt a lot by people who say they are Christians, or am I way off the mark there?

Yep. And Jesus also drove siners out of his temple with a whip. Sometimes standing for important truth means being mean.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pia,
I don't know the question anymore!
If it's do I know why Jesus died for us, Yes, I DO!
If I don't know that, what kind of Christian would I be??

There are two reasons:
One is for the atonement.
There are different ideas of the atonement.

One is that Jesus died in our place. This is a legalistic view.
The other is that He died to free us from satan's power. This is the old view which was from the beginning, the early Church -- it does seem to be coming back into style, but I'm not sure since I don't live in the U.S. anymore.

I say "style" because Christianity does seem to be going through some changes and I'm trying really hard to understand why. Maybe there could be a thread on this...
Well I find that rather sad. There is a lot more to it than that, but never mind, since you reject it all anyway, I won't bother.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That statement does not square.
Psalm 19
12How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.

David here ask for forgiveness for sins he did not know he committed.
Right.
He asks forgiveness forSINS HE DIDNOT KNOW HE COMMITTED.

Do you think you're aware of EVERY sin you comit?
I'm not. Because God is perfect and every little , tiny, way we find to move away from Him, is sin to Him.

We might be committing a sin right now. By not agreeing with each other.
Jesus said we are to be united. Are we? No. Is this not a sin?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yep. And Jesus also drove siners out of his temple with a whip. Sometimes standing for important truth means being mean.
Standing for truth and being mean is two different things.
You're post if for Pia and I'm not taking sides between her and Stranger. Sometimes I sound mean too.

BUT, have you not read the beatitudes?

Jesus was justly mad.
We are not Always justly mad.
Sometimes we get mad because we tire of hearing the same thing over and over.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We might be committing a sin right now. By not agreeing with each other.
Jesus said we are to be united. Are we? No. Is this not a sin?
Are you not under grace why such the hang up on sin?? You'd be surprised how many things you make sin that really isnt.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

So where are you at?? If sin is what you are focused on than you certainly are still under condemnation....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Are you not under grace why such the hang up on sin?? You'd be surprised how many things you make sin that really isnt.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

So where are you at?? If sin is what you are focused on than you certainly are still under condemnation....
Read 1 John 1.

God is the judge.
Not you.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

On second thought, let me say this:

Maybe YOU should focus less on grace on more on sin.

Luke 6:40
Luke 6:47-49

You must ACT on the words of Jesus, not ONLY HEAR them.
Mathew 7:19
Trees must bear good fruit or they will be cut down.

Luke 11:28
JESUS again says that blessed are they who HEAR THE WORD AND OBSERVE IT.

James 1:22
James, Jesus' Brother, says to be DOERS of the word and not only HEARERS who DELUDE themselves.

Yes, I do believe you should think a little bit about sin too.
And perhaps stop judging people and categorizing them.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well I find that rather sad. There is a lot more to it than that, but never mind, since you reject it all anyway, I won't bother.
It seems to me like many on this forum judge.
How do YOU know what I'll reject????

Very judgemental persons around here.
You ARE on a VERY high horse.
Do step down, as I've said before.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe YOU should focus less on grace on more on sin.
Yes teh devil would love that, focus on him and not on Jesus.

See all you discuss is the bible, thats all you have, Christ went through so much for us to give us Gods best but all men want is religion and teh bible, and so many christians have no life, because our "life" is in Him.

I really do hope you spend some time seeking Him, you will not find the truth or life anywhere else.

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.