Jesus is a human being but not the one true God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits in God's sanctuary, publicizing that he himself is God.

I was just agreeing with the Scripture that showed that Jesus is God.

And I was agreeing with you that 'you don't know' and only spout opinions. It is your statement. Post #408.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
well, to begin with the Apostles didn't write any Books right, but a little exercise you might conduct here, just reconcile these two verses

"provide for your family"
"don't work for food"
Provide scripture.
And what's the problem?

Do you think they meant for us to stay at home and await Jesus' return?
Have you read through Thessalonians?
Do you think the Apostles didn't want us to work or to eat?

I'd make my points here but you're intelligent and know the bible well, so that's not the problem and I refuse to address you as if you were a new Christian.
Which is pretty much what I'VE experienced here and it's not very pleasant.

So we are to provide for our family. Right.
We are not to work for food. Right. We're to work for the Kingdom of God.
There is work
And there is WORK.

It would be nice if you provided scripture. But basically, this is what this means.
Work for the Kingdom. And provide for your family.
Family is sacred to both Jesus and all the early Christians.
(not like today when family is Worth nothing - if it hasn't already become a bother)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not make peace at the expense of false teaching or false doctrine.

Stranger
sorry I'm not with you there, all I saw was 'bbyrd' saying that he apologized to you and you then stated that it meant nothing to you.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
tag for later, the kiddoes wanna bond :)
They're already bonded.
You're their father and you're with them.
Bond. We're so modern nowadays.
I went through the "quality time" era too.

Today's lamented modern ways
Will be tomorrow's good ole' days.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pia is another one. SHE knows God better than anyone
Where do you get this stuff from? Man you really are a total enigma. When have I EVER said that I know God more than any other? You remind me of those who take little bits of scripture and make a doctrine out of it without having the whole story..........So, you called me judgemental?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Where do you get this stuff from? Man you really are a total enigma. When have I EVER said that I know God more than any other? You remind me of those who take little bits of scripture and make a doctrine out of it without having the whole story..........So, you called me judgemental?
Yes. You are judgemental.
You have judged me since I arrived here.
And Others as well.

You say that you speak to Jesus and you know all about Him.
You insinuate that you know me and what I believe.

Here's just ONE POST to me, there are a few Others:
You said: (on page 22 or 23)

Well I find that rather sad. There is a lot more to it than that, but never mind, since you reject it all anyway, I won't bother.

We were discussing why Jesus died for us and I posted two reasons.
The above was your reply.

Forums are to DISCUSS things. Not to be judgemental of Others and to tell them they'll reject things anyway and that you won't bother.

And then YOU write ME what you posted above?
Interesting.

From now on if you want to discuss scripture, fine.
If you write for any other reason, I will NOT reply.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so, i was kind of rushed before, but just for instance:
  • The sovereignty of God--satan is the ruler of the world
  • The omnipresence of God--God is in heaven, and Christians, most of whom believe Jesus is God, are presently waiting for Jesus to return to earth. Do you believe Trinity doctrine or not?
  • The omnipotence of God--God cannot do things in the earth without a human asking in prayer
  • The foreknowledge of God--God is said to be "sorry" that He did a thing
  • The salvation of God--God is the All Consuming Fire
  • The hypostatic union (i.e. Jesus was the God-man)--Jesus called Himself "Son of Man"
  • The Trinity--Oneness, Unity, Twoness
  • Jesus' atonement--No man may die for the sins of another
  • etc.--etc

Your additions to what I wrote are not found in Scripture.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not know what Son of Man means?
Do you want a lesson?

I ask because I'm all lessoned out on persons who don't care.
I'm SURE you know where Son of Man comes from.

If it's confused you, sorry.

This is why KNOWLEDGE is important.

I want a lesson.

Isaiah 51:11-13 KJV
[11] Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away. [12] I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass; [13] And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

Jeremiah 50:40 KJV
[40] As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour cities thereof, saith the Lord ; so shall no man abide there, neither shall any son of man dwell therein.

Ezekiel was referred to as the son of man...

Ezekiel 2:8-9 KJV
[8] But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. [9] And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;

Ezekiel 8:12 KJV
[12] Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, The Lord seeth us not; the Lord hath forsaken the earth.

In the NT Christ only wears the "son of man". Why? I am asking, because whether it is a stupid question or not, I don't know the answer. I get Jesus became "a worm" on our behalf, He says it is Psalms.

Job 25:5-6 KJV
[5] Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight. [6] How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

Why does "son of man" refer to Jesus in NT, but others in the OT?

John 1:50-51 KJV
[50] Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. [51] And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because a living individual cannot enter a locked room and come as or in light, which most definitely wasn't there, just prior to His coming into my room....There was no door nor window where He entered.
But mostly it was because as my eyes met His, I instantly KNEW who He was/is......That I cannot explain, all I can do is to report it...

upload_2017-9-11_23-36-1.png

That's experientialism.

Oz

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I want a lesson.

[11] Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away. [12] I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass; [13] And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

[40] As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour cities thereof, saith the Lord ; so shall no man abide there, neither shall any son of man dwell therein.

[8] But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. [9] And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;

[12] Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, The Lord seeth us not; the Lord hath forsaken the earth.

In the NT Christ only wears the "son of man". Why? I am asking, because whether it is a stupid question or not, I don't know the answer. I get Jesus became "a worm" on our behalf, He says it is Psalms.

[5] Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight. [6] How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

[50] Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. [51] And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.
The Son of Man would have been a title recognized by any Jew in the time of Jesus' time here on earth.

Son of Man was a title used many times in the Old Testament.

Sometimes it literally meant a son of a man, IOW, US.
Sometimes, instead, it referred to the coming Messiah that the Jews were awaiting.

See Daniel 7:13-14

The Son of Man Presented

13“I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.

14“And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Son of Man was a title given to the Messiah.
It would have been GOD, but in human form and so the expression Son of Man.
It will be capitalized, if you notice.

The verses you have posted refer to a human being. God called Ezekiel the son of man, but He meant it literally.

Daniel 7:13-14 refers to the coming Messiah.

Every time that Jesus is referred to as the Son of Man, either by Himself or by another, the meaning to any Jew would be clear... He was declaring that He was God in human form. He was 100% God and 100% man.

The Son of God is a title given to the Messiah from the Old Testamet.
Jesus attributed this title to Himself, declaring Himself to be the Messiah.

I hope this helps. It's very simple, really.

If Ozspen is around, he might want to add something I may have missed.

So nice to speak about what we're here for!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I want a lesson.

P.S.

Yes, Jesus did become like a worm!
Could you imagine GOD becoming a HUMAN?
It's like if we would become an ant, in order for us to warn them of some danger.
I used to teach kids and would use this example many times.

Jesus, who is great, became nothing
So that we, who are nothing, might become great.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Pia , I think the reason is, we are speaking a different language!
Some on the Site know the things of the book and the things of the Spirit.
While others have a relationship with the book and their own head knowledge and no real relationship with The Spirit.
The sons of the flesh ( Ishmael) will always fight the sons of the Spirit.
While believing all the same time that they are doing Gods work....as Paul did before his encounter with the Lord.
I stay on this site because of the few good, uplifting, and encouraging people who post on the deeper things of God , and aren't here to just pull down and and stomp upon what other people say, ...yet they never post about the good things of God themselves. They just post "correction and disagreements" , as if somehow that is their calling!:rolleyes:

IF, and I guess there must be an " if", ....if they are indeed Gods people , and we are all headed in the same direction, I am saddened that we are not walking shoulder to shoulder against a common enemy,... instead of endeavouring to trip up and discourage anyone who has had a different experience than them, or that sees something differently in The Word than they do.
Today I had an INBOX from someone who is leaving the Site as he is tired of posting and being derided and belittled for what he writes.

* The Sower knew that not much of His precious seed would fall on Good ground...but that did not stop him sowing His Seed. :)
Bless you.....H

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Your additions to what I wrote are not found in Scripture.
then wrap that around you like a warm blanket, Oz, if that is what you think, then that is what you are. I find them all in there myself; which doesn't mean yours are invalidated or anything either