Jesus is a human being but not the one true God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sounds like the problem with Brown Belts. Having all the skill they are dangerous. The difference between that and Black Belt is mostly humility.
Hello 'ScottA'......I find it so perplexing that people jump to such a conclusion, because when we do receive Truth from above, there is ZERO way that we can take ANY of the credit and thus never boast, so it must be something within these people that make them so very adversarial......Been meaning to say to you for a while that I really enjoy your posts :)

Reactions: bbyrd009 and ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello 'ScottA'......I find it so perplexing that people jump to such a conclusion, because when we do receive Truth from above, there is ZERO way that we can take ANY of the credit and thus never boast, so it must be something within these people that make them so very adversarial......Been meaning to say to you for a while that I really enjoy your posts :)
Yeah, I would hardly call some peoples "knowledge" knowledge at all. Certainly, that must be the kind that goes to the head.

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, I would hardly call some peoples "knowledge" knowledge at all. Certainly, that must be the kind that goes to the head.
I seem to recall somewhere in the letters it is mentioned that 'knowledge puffs up'....I find it exactly the same with doctors, they spend many many years training and learning about the human body, but that certainly doesn't mean that they can say that they KNOW what a patient is suffering....Unless they themselves get a touch of what their patients suffer through, how can they possibly say that they KNOW anything? They are very learned, no arguing there, but again, just not the same as knowing something.... :)

Reactions: ScottA and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hey 'bbyrd'.........I have met a few people like that also....I actually heard of one woman who was so over joyed when she discovered who she was/is in Christ, and no joke, she really was put into a mental institution for a while, because the Judge who agreed ( with her family ) to send her there, termed her as a person with excessive joy !.....I kid you not lol :)
yes, they have to in that case, because you are displaying symptoms of a condition quite dangerous to one's health (might jump off a roof and try to fly, etc, hypereuphoria or something)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, they have to in that case, because you are displaying symptoms of a condition quite dangerous to one's health (might jump off a roof and try to fly, etc, hypereuphoria or something)
That lovely lady just said ( after getting out ) that she was fine with it, as it gave her an opportunity to witness to the people in that facility ha.ha.

Reactions: bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh please ! That's the last thing one would do after discovering the reality of Christ, surely...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't you start that rubbish as well, it's nonsense ! I will say though, that having discovered that we CAN learn by/through The Holy Spirit or Jesus Himself, it makes one want to help others to seek Him , so they too can be helped to overcome the various differences within various fellowships, who can't seem to agree on much. At least when one gets it through The Holy Spirit, who Jesus sent back to us to do exactly that, they can be completely assured that it is the Truth.
Not all of us are the way you and a couple of others are, toward anyone who have found the Way.
Can't help but wonder what our precious Father thinks about all this, although He must have obviously known from the beginning it was going to go down like this.....
Do you have ANY desire whatsoever to have meaningful fellowship with those who believe? Or are you on this forum to tell all of us why we are either wrong or deluded or whatever else you think? You certainly do your fair share of putting people down, not really an attractive quality for a believer.....

I am on the forum for the same reason you are. To talk, debate, discuss, argue about things in the Christian life.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you then perhaps able to answer that post I wrote to you about that? Please 'Stranger' can we get past the misunderstandings?

I am not aware of the misunderstandings you speak of.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your response reminds me of the double-minded mentioned by James. Really everyone is double minded when they come to God, but at the start their carnal portion is expected to be quite heavy. As the inner man increases and the old man decreases, then it is possible to see more of the Living Epistle by those with "eyes to see".

Why double minded? Recognizing the importance of both the Spirit and the written Word is not being double minded. Both are equally important through every stage of the believers growth.

Stranger

Reactions: GodsGrace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds good and I gave you a like.
Then I took it back.

Could you plainly state if you believe in the truine Godhead?
GINOLJC, to all. to GodsGrace, NO. let me make myself clear, I believe what the Lord Jesus taught about himself. likewise his apostles, and the early church disciples likewise taught. which now am I taught by the Lord himself, which I totally believe and teach. and that doctoral belief is "Diversity". meaning that God is the share or offspring of himself in flesh and bone. so, no I do not believe in a truine Godhead. nor do I believe in a "oneness" doctrine as the UPC and some others teach. nor am I Unitarian, or JW, or Mormon..ect. I'm neither of these.

but let me make it clear to you as to what I do believe in the doctrine of "Diversity. 1. there is only one God. 2. and that ONE God is "only" one person. 3. and that one person is the share or better known as the "OFFSPRING" of himself in flesh. 4. God is a Spirit, who is Holy, hence the epithet, not the title, but the epithet the "HOLY SPIRIT" who is the ONLY person in the Godhead. 5. "Father", "Son" are only titles of the only one true God, the Holy Spirit. 6. the Holy Spirit is the Father without flesh, and the Holy Spirit diversified in spirit is the Son with flesh. and lastly, 7. the Name of God is Yeshua, (Hebrew), and transliterated as JESUS, (English). the Hebrew is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means "He is salvation" or "He saves. the strong # is H3442, if interested look it up.

and what you said "sound good?". no, it's facts, backed up by the bible, (the Word of God) from Genesis 1:1 to the end of Revelation chapter 22:21. Diversity is all over and throught the bible.

there is a clear scripture that says it all, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good". this have I done in Christ Jesus.

be blessed in Christ Jesus the "ONLY" IMMORTAL King.

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am on the forum for the same reason you are. To talk, debate, discuss, argue about things in the Christian life.

Stranger
That is not the same reasons I am here....I had been naive enough to think that this was about fellowship and giving glory to God.... Thankfully I have found a few and that makes it worthwhile for me.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not aware of the misunderstandings you speak of.

Stranger
OK then, never mind....I had thought that for one thing you were putting people down who have been taught by the Holy Spirit or Jesus Himself, sarcastically saying they were more 'spiritual', or at least it came across as sarcastic.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK then, never mind....I had thought that for one thing you were putting people down who have been taught by the Holy Spirit or Jesus Himself, sarcastically saying they were more 'spiritual', or at least it came across as sarcastic.

I may well have been sarcastic concerning that. As there are those who believe that studying the Bible is akin to being a Pharisee. And they do see themselves as 'spiritual' as opposed to the others who study the Scriptures as 'Pharisees'. I am saying that is wrong.

Just because the Pharisees had a knowledge of the written Word without the Spirit does not mean that knowledge and study of the Word is wrong. Jesus Christ, as I have said before, had a thorough knowledge of the written Word. "It is written". (Matt. 4:4,7,10) (Matt. 22:29) "Ye do err. not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God".

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read somewhere when someone was telling another person how to get ride of a "quoted" message which was done by mistake! I wish I had paid more attention!
I thought I clicked "like" just now, but I must have clicked quote by mistake.Now I can't get ride of it...I deleted it three times but it still comes back!! :(
Maybe it won't show up in this post now that I have written this post too...and, once more deleted the quoted post!. Sigh.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I may well have been sarcastic concerning that. As there are those who believe that studying the Bible is akin to being a Pharisee. And they do see themselves as 'spiritual' as opposed to the others who study the Scriptures as 'Pharisees'. I am saying that is wrong.

Just because the Pharisees had a knowledge of the written Word without the Spirit does not mean that knowledge and study of the Word is wrong. Jesus Christ, as I have said before, had a thorough knowledge of the written Word. "It is written". (Matt. 4:4,7,10) (Matt. 22:29) "Ye do err. not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God".

Stranger
For sure, but Jesus did show them that their understanding of the scriptures had not been correct and that they had most obviously not understood Gods intentions. Also, of course He knew the scriptures, as He was raised in that system which was for the Hebrew nation.
I certainly don't think of myself as any more spiritual than anyone else, that would be asinine...I keep telling those who feel entitled to have a go at me, without even reading what I write, that I know a FEW things, and I can only say that because I saw Jesus telling me those particular things. I have also pointed out that once I knew those few things, it made me realize more and more, just how little I actually do know, and that continues to this day.
He is simply too big and far too much for me to even begin to say that I know 'everything' about Him, as 'GodsGrace' suggested this morning I had said I did, which of course I never said at all.
I just get very confused why so many Christians are so adverse to actually get to know Him, instead of just about Him. He explains things better and clearer, than my understanding of what's been written, anytime He does .
Talk about not knowing the Power of God...

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read somewhere when someone was telling another person how to get ride of a "quoted" message which was done by mistake! I wish I had paid more attention!
I thought I clicked "like" just now, but I must have clicked quote by mistake.Now I can't get ride of it...I deleted it three times but it still comes back!! :(
Maybe it won't show up in this post now that I have written this post too...and, once more deleted the quoted post!. Sigh.
Sorry I can't even remember how I eventually did get that deleted, because like you it kept on coming back, over and over.
I think ( not 100% ) I may have been shown to highlight it all, and then go to delete Perhaps give that a try.....:)

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
following something written about someone, does not make one KNOW them....

What about Luke 24:27?

Without reading what is written in the Scriptures, in the Bible, you can't possibly know Jesus before the New Covenant because the Old Testament reveals Him. One example of many is Melchizedek, the King of Peace in Hebrews 7:2 and by reading this we know Melchizedek is Jesus, Jesus is the Prince of Peace you read about in Isaiah 9:6.