Jesus Is God Of OT -- God Is (.......) and Jesus Is (......) BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE (......)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's him... JESUS the "I AM, the "First" and the "Last, the same one person, Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

PICJAG.

Reactions: Cooper

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's him... JESUS the "I AM, the "First" and the "Last, the same one person, Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

PICJAG.

PICJAG.
And known by multitudes as Jesus, probably the most common name in the land.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And known by multitudes as Jesus, probably the most common name in the land.
(smile)... Zechariah 14:9 "And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one."

PICJAG.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
(smile)... Zechariah 14:9 "And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one."

PICJAG.
"Shall be" is future.

Zechariah 14:9
king over all ... earth — Isa_54:5 implies that this is to be the consequence of Israel being again recognized by God as His own people (Dan_2:44; Rev_11:15).

one Lord ... name one — Not that He is not so already, but He shall then be recognized by all unanimously as “One.” Now there are “gods many and lords many.” Then Jehovah alone shall be worshipped. The manifestation of the unity of the Godhead shall be simultaneous with that of the unity of the Church. Believers are one in spirit already, even as God is one (Eph_4:3-6). But externally there are sad divisions. Not until these disappear, shall God reveal fully His unity to the world (Joh_17:21, Joh_17:23). Then shall there be “a pure language, that all may call upon the name of the Lord with one consent” (Zep_3:9). The Son too shall at last give up His mediatorial kingdom to the Father, when the purposes for which it was established shall have been accomplished, “that God may be all in all” (1Co_15:24).
(Jamison-Fausset-Brown)

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Jehovah alone shall be worshipped. The manifestation of the unity of the Godhead shall be simultaneous with that of the unity of the Church.
JESUS is the only TRUE and Living God, and his name is not Jehovah. Jehovah is a fales name, man made name. Jesus/Yeshua is God proper Personal Name. and yes, there is only ONE PERSON who is HEAD of the body the Chursh, not a unity of the Godhead. listen up,
Revelation 22:1 "And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."
Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
Revelation 22:3 "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:"
Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

HOW MANY FACES WILL WE SEE? "ONE" FACE, not their faces, but "HIS" Face, meaning only ONE.

PICJAG.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
JESUS is the only TRUE and Living God, and his name is not Jehovah. Jehovah is a fales name, man made name. Jesus/Yeshua is God proper Personal Name. and yes, there is only ONE PERSON who is HEAD of the body the Chursh, not a unity of the Godhead. listen up,
Revelation 22:1 "And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."
Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
Revelation 22:3 "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:"
Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

HOW MANY FACES WILL WE SEE? "ONE" FACE, not their faces, but "HIS" Face, meaning only ONE.

PICJAG.
I know. Now move on.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

PICJAG.

I have been saying that the whole time.

In my parable, the One face would be Henry Ford, both in the Board Room and on the shop floor.

In the worldwide Christian Church the One face is the I AM.

This has been known and believed on for centuries.

There is only ONE God. (And I am a Trinitarian.)

Those who do not believe in Jesus, the I AM, are rejecting the One God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thought.

You know, folks love to go around preaching "God became a man", but to think of the origin of this "man" is taboo.

Actually, if God did become a man, then God started as a microscopic sperm cell that mated with Mary's egg cell.

Fact is, God did not become the first Adam, nor did He become the last Adam.

God made the egg in Mary pregnant by making a sperm cell in her ovaries to mate with her egg to become an individual human(redo of the 1st Adam).

This human was then, both the son of God and the son of man(Mary).

It was the incarnationists that came centuries later and said God just passed through her womb as a God/man etc.
I've heard different theories regarding the "immaculate conception" from God harvesting Joseph's sperm, to God manufacturing a sperm cell out of nothing to God not relying on any sperm cell at all. However it was accomplished, God did in fact become man, for He was 100% man and 100% God. He prayed as a man, but warned sinners as God and in the Authority Thereof.

Reactions: Cooper

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, but NO, he revealed himself in three dispensation. 1st. in his creation, and Making of all things, as the ordinal First. 2nd. in his Redemption, and salvation of his creation, as the ordinal Last. and now 3rd. in the comfort and mediation of his creation that he is saving, as the Holy Spirit, the ordinal First, and the ordinal Last. supportive scripture, Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.".

PICJAG.
But doesn't the Bible say the Holy Spirit existed in the OT before Jesus was born? David prayed "...and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me." How can the Holy Spirit be this "ordinal last" when He was revealed beforehand?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but warned sinners as God and in the Authority Thereof.
Some time, perhaps, but while on earth He was a servant ... He did not "Lord it over them"...
and did not put on any such command/'Authority'/ over His disciples.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard different theories regarding the "immaculate conception" from God harvesting Joseph's sperm, to God manufacturing a sperm cell out of nothing to God not relying on any sperm cell at all. However it was accomplished, God did in fact become man, for He was 100% man and 100% God. He prayed as a man, but warned sinners as God and in the Authority Thereof.
I bailed on the concept of God becoming a man after teaching it for over 30 years.

I now teach that a resurrected man was made Almighty God.

I think that is what the 1st century church taught.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some time, perhaps, but while on earth He was a servant ... He did not "Lord it over them"...
and did not put on any such command/'Authority'/ over His disciples.
Do you remember those two times He cleansed the temple? One inspired writer said "divinity flashed from His eyes and they ran terror-struck from His presence."

His disgust for what they were doing...the severe righteous indignation for their having misrepresented the simple Plan of Salvation and the character of its Author...the anger at those who blinded the minds of the people by turning their gaze from the sacrificed lamb which represented the Lamb of God to a corrupted priesthood which taught the people to look to them for hope and to their own works for forgiveness...in that moment, His flesh could not fully conceal the divine authority underneath with which He cleansed the temple of the filth of damnable philosophy - yet the pure in heart ran to Him with joy as the others fled in terror.

Yes, we could also speak of the divine authority of His words with which He confounded the scribes to the point that they had to confess, "Never man spake like this Man." He prayed as a man, He supplicated the throne in time of need as a man, He "learned obedience" as a man...but also as God He declared Himself the "I Am", and that He was "One" with the Father, and warned "unless ye believe that I AM, ye shall die in your sins."

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One inspired writer said "divinity flashed from His eyes and they ran terror-struck from His presence."
questionable... very questionable...
and not accepted until shown to be proven via Scripture, or in line with all Scripture...
i.e. it is doubted.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we could also speak of the divine authority of His words with which He confounded the scribes to the point that they had to confess, "Never man spake like this Man."
.... Little children have confounded so-called "wise" or "learn-ed" men... to the point of being martyred for it, and excommunicated , by the group from rome...

As Yahweh Grants His Words to speak , as written.... as we are supposed to speak all the time... and supposed to always DO as He Directs ...

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bailed on the concept of God becoming a man after teaching it for over 30 years.

I now teach that a resurrected man was made Almighty God.

I think that is what the 1st century church taught.
Many times before the resurrection, He declared His divinity by "Before Abraham was, I AM" and "Unless ye believe that I AM ye shall die in your sins" and "O Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine own self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was."

Even His birth name included "the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.... Little children have confounded so-called "wise" or "learn-ed" men... to the point of being martyred for it, and excommunicated , by the group from rome...

As Yahweh Grants His Words to speak , as written.... as we are supposed to speak all the time... and supposed to always DO as He Directs ...
True, but only Jesus was the "God/man" Who exercised His authority as God, but also exercised His free will in choosing to surrender His humanity to the will of the Father.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but only Jesus was the "God/man" Who exercised His authority as God, but also exercised His free will in choosing to surrender His humanity to the will of the Father.
When born into the human race , and living on earth, He Did Not use His Authority .....
He Trusting the Father in and for and through all things..
as we are also to do.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But doesn't the Bible say the Holy Spirit existed in the OT before Jesus was born? David prayed "...and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me." How can the Holy Spirit be this "ordinal last" when He was revealed beforehand?
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply. second, the Holy Spirit is Jesus. now listen CAREFULLY to these following Scriptures. 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:" (THIS IS OT PROPHETS)
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

ok Phoneman777, the Spirit of WHO? was in the OT in the OT Prophets? that's right the Spirit of Christ, who is the Holy Spirit. and notice how the KJV Capitalized the "S" in Spirit indicating the Holy Spirit. JESUS is that Spirit, (see 2 Corinthians 3:17).

let's see it clearly again, 1 Corinthians 10:2 "And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;"
1 Corinthians 10:3 "And did all eat the same spiritual meat;"
1 Corinthians 10:4 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

Again, the bible clearly states that the Lord Jesus is in the OT. he, JESUS was in the OT as the ordinal First, without flesh without bone and without blood. God who is Jesus is the "Spirit", the Holy Spirit. this is what the devil did with the trinity doctrine. it placed the true and only LIVING God as a third person when in fact he's the only PERSON in the Godhead. the titles "Father", and "Son" come from his diversification in flesh as the "Offspring".

How can the Holy Spirit be this "ordinal last" when He was revealed beforehand?
the Spirit is JESUS who is the ordinal First and the ordinal Last, see above.

the Spirit was here always.... Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God, (THE HOLY SPIRIT), created the heaven and the earth." BINGO.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Spirit of WHO? was in the OT in the OT Prophets? that's right the Spirit of Christ, who is the Holy Spirit. and notice how the KJV Capitalized the "S" in Spirit indicating the Holy Spirit. JESUS is that Spirit, (see 2 Corinthians 3:17).
Cool.... and in harmony with all Scripture.... (not in harmony with all tradition)