Jesus Is God Of OT -- God Is (.......) and Jesus Is (......) BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE (......)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many times before the resurrection, He declared His divinity by "Before Abraham was, I AM" and "Unless ye believe that I AM ye shall die in your sins" and "O Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine own self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was."

Even His birth name included "the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father".
All that was explained by Jesus in this verse....

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

But Christians interpret it to say this....

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth AS me,.... I doeth the works.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PRAISE YOU HEAVENLY FATHER FOR REVEALING SALVATION TO BABIES.

and for hiding it from the educated ones

ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN GOOD PLEASURE !

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
questionable... very questionable...
and not accepted until shown to be proven via Scripture, or in line with all Scripture...
i.e. it is doubted.
Well, SOMETHING struck such fear in their hearts that they would abandon their cash boxes and valuables and flee for their lives from a Man who wasn't carrying an Uzi, or an RPG, or even a sword or spear...just a silly whip of cords. If I took off my belt and began swinging it in the direction of you and ten of your friends, would you all drop your wallets and chains and run for you lives, or would you all laugh hysterically before laying me out with a snot-bubble tackle and tossing me in the dumpster?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in that moment, His flesh could not fully conceal the divine authority underneath with which He cleansed the temple

Well, SOMETHING struck such fear in their hearts that they would abandon their cash boxes and valuables and flee for their lives from a Man who wasn't carrying an Uzi, or an RPG, or even a sword or spear...just a silly whip of cords. If I took off my belt and began swinging it in the direction of you and ten of your friends, would you all drop your wallets and chains and run for you lives, or would you all laugh hysterically before laying me out with a snot-bubble tackle and tossing me in the dumpster?

Wherever you are getting this from, is not in line with Scripture at all concerning your embellishments.

Do you have some kind of unscriptural (not in scripture) source for your vivid, inaccurate, descriptions ?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When born into the human race , and living on earth, He Did Not use His Authority .....
He Trusting the Father in and for and through all things..
as we are also to do.
In His humanity, He exercised no authority...in His divinity, His divine authority left the Jerusalem textile industry inundated with moneychangers in need of fresh changes of loin cloth.

Reactions: Brakelite

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In His humanity, He exercised no authority...in His divinity, His divine authority left the Jerusalem textile industry inundated with moneychangers in need of fresh changes of loin cloth.
No.
Wherever you are getting your descriptive stories, changing things for whatever reason, is wrong.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
His authority came from God, unlike the assumed authority that so many think they have today.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply. second, the Holy Spirit is Jesus. now listen CAREFULLY to these following Scriptures. 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:" (THIS IS OT PROPHETS)
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

ok Phoneman777, the Spirit of WHO? was in the OT in the OT Prophets? that's right the Spirit of Christ, who is the Holy Spirit. and notice how the KJV Capitalized the "S" in Spirit indicating the Holy Spirit. JESUS is that Spirit, (see 2 Corinthians 3:17).

let's see it clearly again, 1 Corinthians 10:2 "And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;"
1 Corinthians 10:3 "And did all eat the same spiritual meat;"
1 Corinthians 10:4 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

Again, the bible clearly states that the Lord Jesus is in the OT. he, JESUS was in the OT as the ordinal First, without flesh without bone and without blood. God who is Jesus is the "Spirit", the Holy Spirit. this is what the devil did with the trinity doctrine. it placed the true and only LIVING God as a third person when in fact he's the only PERSON in the Godhead. the titles "Father", and "Son" come from his diversification in flesh as the "Offspring".

the Spirit is JESUS who is the ordinal First and the ordinal Last, see above.

the Spirit was here always.... Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God, (THE HOLY SPIRIT), created the heaven and the earth." BINGO.

PICJAG.
Well, the Father was in heaven, the Holy Spirit in between heaven and Earth, and Jesus was in the Jordan. They were not all in heaven, the skies, and the river at the same time, right?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the Father was in heaven, the Holy Spirit in between heaven and Earth, and Jesus was in the Jordan. They were not all in heaven, the skies, and the river at the same time, right?
Just where / what school, country, or church or group/

did you get your ideas/ schooling/ ideas about Scripture , God, and so forth?

Or, does no one on earth agree with you ?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His authority came from God, unlike the assumed authority that so many think they have today.
He sure sounded authoritative when He said, "Unless ye believe that I AM, ye shall die in your sins."

I'm pretty sure that "I AM" is the highest rank in the army of God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He sure sounded authoritative when He said, "Unless ye believe that I AM, ye shall die in your sins."

I'm pretty sure that "I AM" is the highest rank in the army of God.
Of course He is, I am to, I also exist, dont you exist ?? or are you one of those bots thingys. But than teh religious will never undertsand, like I said, why just not remove Jesus from the bible if He is God and God did it all why did he deceive the world by claiming to be someone else, are you so ignorant, how can God be the first of the new creation when He never changes, God is Spirit, and will always be.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just where / what school, country, or church or group/

did you get your ideas/ schooling/ ideas about Scripture , God, and so forth?

Or, does no one on earth agree with you ?
Scripture speaks for itself. Jesus had two natures, the human and divine - we cannot elevate the one above the other as many do.

Some emphasize His divinity so as to excuse their stubborn refusal to turn from sin, and thus claim, "Jesus had divine advantage over us in His fight to resist temptation".

Others emphasize His humanity - perhaps for the purpose of encouraging others to trust the Father as He trusted in Him - not realizing that at the foundation of the occult science is hatred of the "divine Christ" and unwearied efforts to diminish from Jesus His divinity so that He may be place on par with Allah, Buddha, Zoroaster, etc. Both natures of Christ are equal in their importance for the deliverance of fallen humanity.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wherever you are getting this from, is not in line with Scripture at all concerning your embellishments.

Do you have some kind of unscriptural (not in scripture) source for your vivid, inaccurate, descriptions ?
Inaccurate? Please correct the following inaccuracies, if any. When Jesus drove out the money changers:
  • He was unarmed
  • He acted alone
  • His opponents vastly outnumbered Him, perhaps 100 to 1
  • His weapon He used to strike the people was the sword of His mouth, not the whip in His hand
  • The guilty left their overturned tables and fled quickly from His presence
  • His righteous indignation was such that is struck terror exclusively in the hearts of the vile, yet the pure in heart sought His embrace.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
Wherever you are getting your descriptive stories, changing things for whatever reason, is wrong.
If you're not happy with the idea of Jesus' divine authority in the here and now, eternity is only going to exacerbate the problem.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When born into the human race , and living on earth, He Did Not use His Authority .....
He Trusting the Father in and for and through all things..
as we are also to do.
Jesus did lay aside His divinity and lived a life trusting in the Father...since when does His vertical, surrendered relationship with His Father demand He dispense with His authority over mankind in His lateral relationship with humanity?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and He exercised that authority over the money changers, demons, even the grave.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He is, I am to, I also exist, dont you exist ?? or are you one of those bots thingys. But than teh religious will never undertsand, like I said, why just not remove Jesus from the bible if He is God and God did it all why did he deceive the world by claiming to be someone else, are you so ignorant, how can God be the first of the new creation when He never changes, God is Spirit, and will always be.
Do you know the charlatan Kenneth Copeland said the exact same thing on his TV show back in 1987?

"When I read in the Bible where (Jesus) says, 'I Am', I just smile and say, 'Yes, I Am, too!'" - "Believer's Voice of Victory" broadcast, 1987

Also:
"You don't have a God in you..you are one." - The Force of Love audiotape, 1987

"We are a class of gods." - "Praise The Lord" broadcast, 1986

"(Adam) was not a little like God. He was not almost like god. He was not subordinate to God, even...Adam is as much like God as you can get, just the same as Jesus...Adam in the Garden of Eden was God manifested in the flesh." - Following The Faith Of Abraham, 1989

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No.
Despite phonemans descriptive embellishments, the principle behind the events remain unchanged... That Jesus did have a Divine authority and that at times was on full display. Not for his own benefit, but in defense of righteousness and at times flashed through inadvertently even, maybe, like when the mob fell over backwards in the garden.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Despite phonemans descriptive embellishments, the principle behind the events remain unchanged... That Jesus did have a Divine authority and that at times was on full display. Not for his own benefit, but in defense of righteousness and at times flashed through inadvertently even, maybe, like when the mob fell over backwards in the garden.
The point in Scripture,
the point Yahushua made,
is HE DID NOTHING OF (nor for) HIMSELF -
only as the Father directed, always.
Never used His Own Authority - that had been , on purpose, left to the Father.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The point in Scripture,
the point Yahushua made,
is HE DID NOTHING OF (nor for) HIMSELF -
only as the Father directed, always.
Never used His Own Authority - that had been , on purpose, left to the Father.
Then you need to find an explanation for the reaction of all the merchants and priests and temple guards to Jesus. Both in the temple and in the garden. I'm not denying your overall perspective, for indeed Jesus came to show is that we, in our humanity, can do as He did and overcome sin. By faith in the Father.
Can I suggest some reading? Desire of Ages, by Ellen White.
Chapter 65—The Temple Cleansed Again
You will find the book easily online and download for free as PDF from many sites.