Jesus Is God Of OT -- God Is (.......) and Jesus Is (......) BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE (......)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you need to find an explanation for the reaction of all the merchants and priests and temple guards to Jesus.
No I don't. (but I might).... or I mean no I don't - it was the EXPECTED reaction from men.... I have seen it many times.... haven't you?!

Even when a little fourteen year old girl has confronted hypocrites in their own yard !
They
got scared, maybe terrified, and could not stand the presence of her !
She did no harm.
She just asked them some personal questions of her own from what she learned from Jesus, in the Bible.

They had such guilty consciences.... they could not "withstand her" questions, and asked someone else to remove her.... (which is what happened) ....

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No I don't. (but I might).... or I mean no I don't - it was the EXPECTED reaction from men.... I have seen it many times.... haven't you?!

Even when a little fourteen year old girl has confronted hypocrites in their own yard !
They
got scared, maybe terrified, and could not stand the presence of her !
She did no harm.
She just asked them some personal questions of her own from what she learned from Jesus, in the Bible.

They had such guilty consciences.... they could not "withstand her" questions, and asked someone else to remove her.... (which is what happened) ....
I'm not sure what story you are referencing here....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you know the charlatan Kenneth Copeland said the exact same thing on his TV show back in 1987?

"When I read in the Bible where (Jesus) says, 'I Am', I just smile and say, 'Yes, I Am, too!'" - "Believer's Voice of Victory" broadcast, 1987

Also:
"You don't have a God in you..you are one." - The Force of Love audiotape, 1987

"We are a class of gods." - "Praise The Lord" broadcast, 1986

"(Adam) was not a little like God. He was not almost like god. He was not subordinate to God, even...Adam is as much like God as you can get, just the same as Jesus...Adam in the Garden of Eden was God manifested in the flesh." - Following The Faith Of Abraham, 1989
Adam was God in the flesh, man where do you get your tall tales from. When God said I am, He said, I exist. I can too say I am, because I too exist as can anyone, but we cannot say we are, because we are not, but we are supposed to be like His Son, Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the Father was in heaven, the Holy Spirit in between heaven and Earth, and Jesus was in the Jordan. They were not all in heaven, the skies, and the river at the same time, right?
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply. second Jesus is in both heaven and earth and in between, for in Spriit he is omnipresent. at his baptism, in apperance, not in manifestation, but in apperance as the ordinal "First", he is in "likeness" as a dove, (whom you calls the Holy Spirit). in "MANIFESTATION", he, Jesus is the ordinal "Last" as a Man. supportive scripture to back this up, John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." while on earth in flesh and bones with blood he, the Lord Jesus, the ordinal LAST was on earth, and was in the water at his baptism, while talking to Nicodemus on earth, at the same time he was in Heaven as the ordinal "First", and everywhere else. so that covers the Lord Jesus, on Earth, as the ordinal Last in the water being baptized by John, and it covers the LORD Jesus, the ordinal FIRST, his omnipresent in heaven and in between and anywhere else too. NOW THE VOICE "FROM" HEAVEN. is this the Father's voice as so many assume? if so, post book, chapter, and verse that states that this was the Father's voice from heaven here at the baptism of our Lord Jesus by John. and then we can put to rest any nonesense of assumption... that this is the Father's voice here at the baptism. so if you have scripture stating that this voice from heaven is the Father's voice please post it, it's just that simple. see when someone assume, and "ADD TO THE WORD OF GOD, THEY PUT THE NOOSE AROUNF THEIR OWN NECKS". now listen carefully to the scripture, Matthew 3:17 "And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

now if you cannot produce the scripture, then you will know for yourself, without a doubt, that there is no trinity, and that you been lied to on someones else assumption.

we suggest you re-read this post for clarity.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply. second Jesus is in both heaven and earth and in between, for in Spriit he is omnipresent. at his baptism, in apperance, not in manifestation, but in apperance as the ordinal "First", he is in "likeness" as a dove, (whom you calls the Holy Spirit). in "MANIFESTATION", he, Jesus is the ordinal "Last" as a Man. supportive scripture to back this up, John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." while on earth in flesh and bones with blood he, the Lord Jesus, the ordinal LAST was on earth, and was in the water at his baptism, while talking to Nicodemus on earth, at the same time he was in Heaven as the ordinal "First", and everywhere else. so that covers the Lord Jesus, on Earth, as the ordinal Last in the water being baptized by John, and it covers the LORD Jesus, the ordinal FIRST, his omnipresent in heaven and in between and anywhere else too. NOW THE VOICE "FROM" HEAVEN. is this the Father's voice as so many assume? if so, post book, chapter, and verse that states that this was the Father's voice from heaven here at the baptism of our Lord Jesus by John. and then we can put to rest any nonesense of assumption... that this is the Father's voice here at the baptism. so if you have scripture stating that this voice from heaven is the Father's voice please post it, it's just that simple. see when someone assume, and "ADD TO THE WORD OF GOD, THEY PUT THE NOOSE AROUNF THEIR OWN NECKS". now listen carefully to the scripture, Matthew 3:17 "And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

now if you cannot produce the scripture, then you will know for yourself, without a doubt, that there is no trinity, and that you been lied to on someones else assumption.

PICJAG.
Another good question would be who heard this voice, peter had also heard a similar voice, when asked by the Lord whom do you say I AM ?

Reactions: 101G

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

PICJAG.
This in my opinion is also very similar to what took place at pentecost.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good question would be who heard this voice, peter had also heard a similar voice, when asked by the Lord whom do you say I AM ?
YES, but so many are fooled by assumption into believing a lie that it's the father's voice. the ony way to combat a lie is with the truth. put them to the test and let them know for themselves that they have been believing a lie all the time. untill someone see it for themselves, then they will know the truth. if they still believe the lie then it's on them, and that mean standing on the left with the goats.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Joseph77

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for that...there are many examples that show Jesus is the God, such as "Give ear, O people, to My Law" in the OT and then Jesus in the NT saying, "If ye love Me, keep MY commandments." It's startling how many people have bought into the whole "Old Testament God is full of wrath, but New Testament Jesus is nice" idea. They do perceive the love of God poured out so torrentially in the OT, nor do they perceive the wrath of Jesus that exists in the New.

The same, yesterday, today and forever...He changes not :) I once asked a friend who attends my assembly about what she thought about something I was ruminating on at the time, and she said to me, "The Old Testament??!! We don't need that anymore and it's so violent anyhow" And that is not the only time I heard that kind of thing. Wow...they have no idea!
Good post.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Her work merely fills in gaps, the scriptures themselves remain as they are, but given extra light if you will
Long ago when I read some of hers, I enjoyed it immensely - it was not contrary to Scripture, and it was not what her opponents say (they, her opponents, are wrong, for whatever reason).

Reactions: Brakelite

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same, yesterday, today and forever...He changes not :) I once asked a friend who attends my assembly about what she thought about something I was ruminating on at the time, and she said to me, "The Old Testament??!! We don't need that anymore and it's so violent anyhow" And that is not the only time I heard that kind of thing. Wow...they have no idea!
Good post.
The veil over their minds is still over their minds - and the religous leaders on earth have kept it there on purpose.

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you mean he similarly heard His Voice.

The Voice of Jesus and the Voice of the Father are Echad, One, as also Jesus prays the disciples (the true disciples of Jesus, not the false ones) will all be echad, one, and the true disciples after them, today, will be echad, one, the same as Jesus and the Father are echad (one), so alse are we Ekklesia in Christ with the Father TODAY.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what story you are referencing here....
One of many personal experiences in line with what God says in Scripture to expect when His little children speak the truth (we are rejected by the world and by the antichrist system etc) .
She (the fourteen year old, was innocently surprised, even I was somewhat shocked, at the reaction her true questions caused in those older (so-called in their own words "wiser") so-called "Christian" leaders.
They show by their reactions their own falseness, their own obedience to the devil, their own hypocrisy.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you mean he similarly heard His Voice.

The Voice of Jesus and the Voice of the Father are Echad, One, as also Jesus prays the disciples (the true disciples of Jesus, not the false ones) will all be echad, one, and the true disciples after them, today, will be echad, one, the same as Jesus and the Father are echad (one), so alse are we Ekklesia in Christ with the Father TODAY.
I would assume that not all standing there that day heard.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I believe the Baptist heard, though interestingly John later sends his disciples to Him to ask if he is the Christ?
God's Plan , God's Choice in what is written in God's Word.
For our edification - our benefit in Christ Jesus, and all who are called by His Name, all who love Him and are called according to His Purpose.

His Purpose - His Truth - unchanging... maybe for us/ others/ who wonder if Yochanan the immerser or others never ever questioned, since so many question today, and may be fearful they are not actually saved or set apart in Christ Jesus for questioning ?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Plan , God's Choice in what is written in God's Word.
For our edification - our benefit in Christ Jesus, and all who are called by His Name, all who love Him and are called according to His Purpose.

His Purpose - His Truth - unchanging... maybe for us/ others/ who wonder if Yochanan the immerser or others never ever questioned, since so many question today, and may be fearful they are not actually saved or set apart in Christ Jesus for questioning ?
Who told you He's the Christ?