Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not supposed to worship Mary

agreed, only God may be worshiped that’s the 1st commandment
But I never said anything about idols or worship in Regards the blessed Mary ever Virgin mother of God!

Behold thy mother!

What does Behold in scripture mean?

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!
An awe inspiring declaration!

Behold thy mother!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His Mary, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course there's a distinction between the Mosaic Law and the Moral Law, the most glaring being the Mosaic was nailed to the Cross (which is why "circumcision is nothing") but the Ten Commandments "stand fast forever and ever" (which is why it will always be wrong to kill, steal, lie, etc.).

What "law" is Paul speaking of here:

Romans 7:7
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”

So what is the conclusion of receiving the Spirit?

Romans 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. (2 Corinthians 3:7)

What law are we free from? Just the ceremonial laws, or the Ten Commandments, because the law of LOVE has been written on our hearts?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is not asking John to care for His Mary, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples
He was
/argument

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the Ten Commandments cos there not only repeated in the NT but Christ makes them stronger Matt 5

Example:

1. Ephesians 6:2
    Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Is this works?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace

Queen Esther
Fair Esther 2:7
Mary all fair Song of Solomon 4:12
Found Favor Esther 2:17
Mary found favor with God Lk 1:30
Esther saves her people interceding with the king
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Tim 2: 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. How much more Mary who was prepared by God thru the immaculate conception! Lk 1:49

Heb 2:7

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
genesis the greater light to govern the day
The lesser light to govern the night
These are OT type fulfilled in the NT
What do they refer to?
Hint the stars refer to saints
These are 12 tribes

what does the number 12 represent in the OT? Isreal

the woman is isreal as represented by the 12 sons.

Reactions: friend of

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the Law of Liberty goes beyond the Ten Commandments - Isaiah prophesied Jesus would "magnify the law" which is what He did when He came and said lust was just as bad as adultery and hate was just as bad as killing.

What we need to understand is that the Spirit of the Sabbath Commandment does not grant authorization to refuse obedience to keeping the Sabbath Commandment.

Keeping a physical day is the letter of the law. The Spirit of that law is trust in Jesus. He is our rest, not a day.

Reactions: friend of

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we were referring to the Virgin birth and the perpetual virginity of Mary if it helps
I only read the post to which I responded. I did not read the rest of the thread which was not addressed to me. You should respond to individuals rather than to everyone as if everyone was the same. We are not.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I teach none of those.
  • No OSAS.
  • No Sunday sacredness.
  • No antinomianism.
I teach what Jesus and John and Paul taught … the GRACE of God that is found in Christ, which sets us free from the Law that brings only knowledge of sin and death. (Romans 7-8)
Is the Christian obligated to keep the Ten Commandments or at liberty to break them?

There is no third option.

The "Two" commandments do not replace the "Ten" - rather, the Two SUMMARIZE the Ten. Jesus came to MAGNIFY the Ten Commandments (Isaiah 42:21 KJV), which is why He said lust and anger are no different than adultery or killing. If we're not obligated to keep the seventh day Sabbath, then we can worship Satan, steal from each other, and sleep around with whomever we wish...but if we are obligated, how can you justify your willful disregard of the 4th commandment? You can't.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except His commandments stopped being the Decalogue, replaced by the two love commands.
The Two don't replace the Ten, the SUMMARIZE the Ten. If you love God, you'll keep the first four, and your neighbor, the last six. Those who refuse to keep the Fourth Commandment demonstrate they do not love Jesus, for Hebrews 4:9 says in the Peshitta that it's the DUTY of the Christian to keep the Sabbath as a sign to the world that we are resting inwardly in Jesus.

You do realize the "TWO NEW" already existed, right? Deuteronomy 6:5 KJV and Leviticus 19:18 KJV.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything in the book of the law was given to Moses, by God - Moses invented none of it, and God commanded all of it be kept under severe penalty for breaking any of it.

There’s NO DISTINCTION within the law of Moses: it ALL has to be kept when it’s in effect, in order for them to have righteousness:

Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Deu 6:18 And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the LORD: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest go in and possess the good land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers,

Deu 6:19 To cast out all thine enemies from before thee, as the LORD hath spoken.

Deu 6:20 And when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What mean the testimonies, and the statutes, and the judgments, which the LORD our God hath commanded you?

Deu 6:21 Then thou shalt say unto thy son, We were Pharaoh's bondmen in Egypt; and the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand:

Deu 6:22 And the LORD shewed signs and wonders, great and sore, upon Egypt, upon Pharaoh, and upon all his household, before our eyes:

Deu 6:23 And he brought us out from thence, that he might bring us in, to give us the land which he sware unto our fathers.

Deu 6:24 And the LORD commanded us to do ALL these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

Deu 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do ALL these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

And notice that every law, statute and command was from God, not from Moses inventing any of it.

In fact as more proof that all the law put in the book of the law was given by God, and not from Moses making any of it up, God warns of very very severe consequences for Israel if they DON’T keep everything in it:

Deu 28:58 “If you are not careful to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that you may fear this glorious and awesome name, the LORD your God,

Deu 28:59 then the LORD will bring on you and your offspring extraordinary afflictions, afflictions severe and lasting, and sicknesses grievous and lasting.

Deu 28:60 And he will bring upon you again all the diseases of Egypt, of which you were afraid, and they shall cling to you.

Deu 28:61 Every sickness also and every affliction that is not recorded in the book of this law, the LORD will bring upon you, until you are destroyed
See, the reason I know you don't have a theological leg to stand on is because you've completely ignored all those proof texts which I've shown you -- such as Paul calling the law "holy" in one place and "carnal" in another place. If he was talking about the same law, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...but if he was referring to TWO DIFFERENT LAWS -- the Ten Commandments WHICH HE WAS when he said "holy", but the Mosaic law of the priesthood when he said "carnal" -- then those references make perfect sense.

My job is not to convince those who are unwilling to do the will of God, that they may know of the doctrine...it's to present to those who ARE WILLING an alternative explanation to the popular lies that are esteemed "Biblical" by the majority, which is further proof the the crowd has never been right.

In Noah's day the crowd drowned.
In Abraham's day, they made necessary his departure.
In Lot's day, two entire cities were burned up, despite his pleas.
During the Dark Ages, the papist crowd persecuted the saints.
In Jesus' day, the shouted "crucify Him!!"

No, the crowd has never been right.