Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Backlit

At least you understand one important detail. You can only keep the Sabbath day by the letter of the law. You cannot keep it by the Spirit of the Law unless you know the deeper things of God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cut off nothing, I quoted all that was necessary, the fact Christ told him to keep the commandments.

All that extra you added is not what Christ said, it was made up.

In short, my comment was biblical, and yours was not.
You cut off the conversation and in doing so took context out of the equation

Go back and read my post and please reply properly.

I did not add any extra. I quoted what Jesus himself said.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was speaking of the church. The next verse says,
KJV 1 Peter 2:10
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
Unless you want to believe that Israel was not a people previous, but are now the people of God? That would make no sense.
1 Peter 1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Not sure about you. But I was never dispersed.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it is not Paul, but us. Paul tried to correct that thinking, but some do not understand. They are like Martin Luther who wrote, "even if you commit murder and adultery 1000 times a day, it will not separate you from God." Even though that was an exaggeration, the point was made that we will sin, but nothing will separate us from God. That is a lie, a doctrine of demons. Jesus took away our sin, and in Him there is no sin. It is not just covered up and imputed righteousness is given to us like some teach to their shame. There is no sin in the divine nature of Jesus which He gives to those whom He makes reborn.
If sin can separate us from God.

Jesus failed.

He either paid the penalty of sin. or he did not. If he did not. You will not make it to heaven. You will die in your sin.

Period.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The letter kills those who obey the law?"

It kills those who obey a letter and point of law that is not God's, but is only man's.

By keeping a carnal commandment physically, that God does not command, it kills the spirit of the law and produces carnal mindedness.

Some of the most carnally minded people on the planet are 'Christians' who obey all manner of cfarnal ordinances, that God never said to keep.

All they see is the exterior obedience to their rules. It drives everything they are and judge by.

So it is with Sabbath-keepers by law, who judge and condemn all that do not keep it with them.

Their carnality is manifest in demanding a certain day for their 'Sabbath' on Saturday, so that Sunday Sabbath-keepers are just as guilty.

No doubt, they even judge hours as well as days, by insisting on the Sabbath day beginning on Friday evening. No doubt their carnal minds wrestle over such physical rules as no driving from or to work during the Sabbath 'hours'.

The very same thing was done by the Pharisees to such a point that they even accused Jesus for healing, and the disciples for plucking ears of corn on the Sabbath.

It all comes down to elitism and separation from the rest of the body of Christ, so that they become the only 'true' members of His body.

By carnal rules made up for themselves, and disputes about the letter of the rule, such as hours and travel, etc... they become them who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. (Jude 19)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is not a nation. It was never promised to be a nation. The ONLY nation ever promised was to the 12 children of Jacob.

The church does NOT replace Israel. Never has

explain matt 21:43
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

kingdom
Nation
Taken from you (Israel)
Give to another Matt 16:18 18:18
The church which bears fruit Jn 15:1

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath keepers by law are also carnally-minded proselytizers, who pose fellowship or preach Jesus with the sole purpose of recruiting to their Sabbath, and they must ostracize them that remain unconvinced and obey not the Sabbath law.

It is necessary for them to do so, even as Paul commands us to not keep company with them that call themselves Christian and yet are open fornicators. So it would have to be with those who openly defy the Sabbath, if indeed the Sabbath were law of God, just as Nehemiah did by brute force to enforce the Sabbath by the law of Moses. Which was a good work then, but a pernicious and carnal work now.

They will wait a while with the new believer, of course, so as not to run them off, which is an old carnal business trick of the world, but sooner or later they must lay down the real law of their faith: the Saturday-only Sabbath keeping, and if the target does not submit to their rule, then they of course are cast aside as unworthy.

In their recruitment model they 'profusely love' the new recruit only long enough to convince of Sabbath keeping. All such churches do likewise that command carnal ordinances that separate them as really special. Islamists do the same. In the end, they only pose love of neighbor in order to get them into their faith of Sabbath.

It's called soul-getting, not soul winning. They are go-getters for the Sabbath. It's all the work of a carnal mind that commands obedience to a carnal commandment, that no longer is commanded by God, but only by men. They give lip service to the name of Jesus only to recruit in the name of Sabbath:

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Matthew 15)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain matt 21:43
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

kingdom
Nation
Taken from you (Israel)
Give to another Matt 16:18 18:18
The church which bears fruit Jn 15:1
It will be

Again, the greek word their is Ethnos. from hence we get our word ethnicity.

That nation is not the church, for the church is a body of many ethnos. not one

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will be

Again, the greek word their is Ethnos. from hence we get our word ethnicity.

That nation is not the church, for the church is a body of many ethnos. not one
I would say the church of Christ is the only real nation that matters to God, the holy nation and priesthood of God.

All other nations are Gentiles from God, ruled over by man. It is these nations that tread God's outer court: the earth and footstool of God.

That time of the Gentiles or nations will end with the Lord's return and His reign on earth. No more self-ruling nations.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say the church of Christ is the only real nation that matters to God, the holy nation and priesthood of God.

All other nations are Gentiles from God, ruled over by man. It is these nations that tread God's outer court: the earth and footstool of God.

That time of the Gentiles or nations will end with the Lord's return and His reign on earth. No more self-ruling nations.
using the greek word. The church is not a nation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to all those who say the church is a nation

Was the church promised land. Was it promised to live in peace. Was it promised to be spared from its enemies if they obey. Was it threated to be scattered and have their high places destroyed if they disobey?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10)

Scripture states plainly that all the commandments of God are points of law. Therefore, there are no commandments of God apart from or separate from the law of God, whether the law of Moses of old, or the law of Christ today.

The greatest commandment is likewise called the royal law. (2:8)

The whole law of Moses was one law (Lev 7:7), and contained all the commandments, statutes, ordinances, judgments, etc...

To say there were commandments of God separate from the law of Moses that was changed and done away is to say the commandments were not in the law of Moses, were not points of law, which is false against Scripture.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cut off the conversation and in doing so took context out of the equation

Go back and read my post and please reply properly.

I did not add any extra. I quoted what Jesus himself said.

You added your personal, and bogus interpretation, of which you cannot prove biblical.

I asked you once and you did not answer.... Did Christ tell the man to follow the commandments?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure about you. But I was never dispersed

Are you kidding?

I wasn't on the mount when Christ did his sermon there either, but what he preached was for me and everyone else.

Here is one you can use, we weren't there God wrote the commandments on the tables of stone with his own hands, so the commandments don't pertain to us.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You added your personal, and bogus interpretation, of which you cannot prove biblical.

I asked you once and you did not answer.... Did Christ tell the man to follow the commandments?
What does that have to do with what he said?

yes he did say that I admitted that

land he required perfection if we want to be saved by following the commands, (those are Moses words which Paul confirmed in Gal 3)

who has lived that standard?

the guy said he did, Jesus told him to sell all he had

so when the guy walked away, did he confirm he did not keep the commands as he said, or did he confirm he was a liar or at the most decieved in thinking he did?