Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's try this from another angle, what did you want me to answer?

I say follow the comnandment, or number 4 of ten, what would you have me follow?

And what does your scripture have to do with any of this? That says nothing about doing away with tbe commandments.

Bizzare.

You point to keeping the Old Covenant 4th Commandment about the 7th day Sabbath. Paul says that the letter of the law kills, but the Spirit of the law gives life. How do you keep the Spirit of the Sabbath WITHOUT keeping the letter of the law which kills? Answer: you can't. The Ten Commandments were fashioned after the highest eternal laws of God's LOVE, but lowered to account for the weakness of the flesh. In other words you could keep them by the letter of the law. The reason for giving them in the first place was sin in the flesh. That is why Jesus was sent. To put an end to our sin nature in us, inherited from Adam.

The New Covenant commandments was what Jesus taught, mainly two things. Believe in Him and to love our neighbor as ourself. And that is what John wrote in 1 John 3:23-24. Verse 24 shows what the Spirit of the Sabbath rest in the Creator is all about - Abiding in Him and He in me. So that the two become one.

1 John 3:23-24
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

John 17
22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one...

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if we say we have no sin we deceive ourself

How can I have eternal life. If I am deceived if I say I am sinless. And if as you say, If I sin I no longer have life.

This is conditional life my friend

1 John 1:8 is the same as Paul's "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." That is mankind until Christ cleanses us from all unrighteousness. Then you become born of God,1 John 3:9

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 is the same as Paul's "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." That is mankind until Christ cleanses us from all unrighteousness. Then you become born of God,1 John 3:9
No this is Impossible

in both cases both authors are speaking present tense.
If you were right, they would both speak past tense,

John would not tell us to confess our sins if it was impossible to son

and paul. As an unbeliever could do no right, through any spirit

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 27:26
Cursed is the one who does not confirm all the words of this law by observing them.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ ”

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

James 2:10
For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

The law required perfection.

Jesus proved to the man, He did not obey every word (he broke at minimum the first comand by loving his money more than God and you can say he loved it more than his neighbor also

So. By definition. The man was a law breaker. and as such. Cursed by that law. So he was UNABLE to justify himself.

which is what Jesus tried to tell him

Deny it all you want. It will not make your denial the truth

Still waiting for you to prove your point is biblical, and while you are at it whete the bible clearly states the commandmrnts were done away with.

Here, this is biblical, now prove it is not a fact:

Mathew 5:17

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

How can the bible make it more clear than that?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

This is who Peter was written to. So in context. THis was written to them

so unless you can tell me where YOU or I was ever dispersed, What you are saying is in error. No matter how you try to spin it.

I dont have to tell you anything, I already made my point perfectly. Just as on the mount, Christ was talking to a group of people but the message was for all men.

Just as a preacher teaches his congregation, the message goes for all Christians. You and your master of confusion only think you have come up with away to do away with certian teachings, but you have not., it's nothing more than clear deception.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says that the letter of the law kills, but the Spirit of the law gives life. How do you keep the Spirit of the Sabbath WITHOUT keeping the letter of the law which kills?

Jesus said to keep the commandments....andI have already showed you where, now read the following, and answer one question, did Jesus do away with the commandments, or not?

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Edited

And just for the fun of it:

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19).

Notice the term "commands"

Now answer this question, what happens to those who sets aside anyone commandments?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting for you to prove your point is biblical, and while you are at it whete the bible clearly states the commandmrnts were done away with.

You have not proven me wrong

all you do is speak a lot of empty words. Yet continue to not prove me wrong

Jesus did fulfill the law. And as long as people still need to be led to Christ, the law will still have a place.

sadly worry maybe the law has yet to finish its job as a schoolmaster in your life

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That’s what I thought, reject scripture and try to put the blame on me

you never answered my question

when was the church promised a plot of land, when was the church promised that they would be blessed and live in peace in that land when they obey and promised to be punished if they disobey, up to and including removal from the land and their high places left desolate.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not proven me wrong

all you do is speak a lot of empty words. Yet continue to not prove me wrong

Jesus did fulfill the law. And as long as people still need to be led to Christ, the law will still have a place.

sadly worry maybe the law has yet to finish its job as a schoolmaster in your life

Ok, if you want to call scripture empty words, and things you have made up,but is not scripture the truth, have at it.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s what I thought, reject scripture and try to put the blame on me

you never answered my question

when was the church promised a plot of land, when was the church promised that they would be blessed and live in peace in that land when they obey and promised to be punished if they disobey, up to and including removal from the land and their high places left desolate.

That doesn't mean the general teachings are not for everyone, and there is no reasonto believe otherwise. You simply are not fooling anyone, hard as you try.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit

At least you understand one important detail. You can only keep the Sabbath day by the letter of the law. You cannot keep it by the Spirit of the Law unless you know the deeper things of God.
My full post stated that we are to keep all the commandments by the letter of the law. It is of no use not lusting but sleeping with you best friend's cousin. Nor does it make sense to not get angry but act the part of a serial killer. The letter of the law kills only those who transgress it... Sin. Keeping the spirit of the law is a component of the whole concept of obedience... Actually doing righteousness, (Psalm 119:172 and which elsewhere says, "My righteousness shall not be abolished" Isa.51:6 ), keeping, obeying the commandments, is also a component of obedience.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Peter 1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Not sure about you. But I was never dispersed.
So Peter was, after Calvary and the abolition of the sanctuary and all it's services and priesthood, telling Israel that they were still
KJV 1 Peter 2:9
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light??

So the Protestant ethos of the priesthood of all believers came from where? You are Catholic then?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By keeping a carnal commandment physically, that God does not command, it kills the spirit of the law and produces carnal mindedness.
You insist on calling God's law a "carnal commandment". Paul disagrees with you.
KJV Romans 7:13-14
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those who keep the letter of the law have fallen from grace.
Now I wonder if you are deliberately obfuscating the truth in order to uphold your misplaced opinion.
KJV Galatians 5:4
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Whosoever of you are justified by the law
The above post isn't the first time you've missed this vital point, even suggesting that all Adventists actually teach that one can be justified by the law.
The Galatians certainly had a problem. But it wasn't that they were circumcising. Paul after all circumcised Timothy. No, the issue with the Galatians is that they were teaching circumcision, a component of the laws of Moses and distinctly a Jewish tradition, as necessary for Christian salvation... Justified by law.
Yet elsewhere Paul says,
KJV Romans 2:13
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Seems to me you have more studying to do.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No this is Impossible

in both cases both authors are speaking present tense.
If you were right, they would both speak past tense,

John would not tell us to confess our sins if it was impossible to son

and paul. As an unbeliever could do no right, through any spirit

Not if some are in his congregation that have not repented yet. Just as 1 John 1:6 is not a Christian presently, neither is verses 8 and 10.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to keep the commandments....andI have already showed you where, now read the following, and answer one question, did Jesus do away with the commandments, or not?

Edited

And just for the fun of it:

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19).

Notice the term "commands"

Now answer this question, what happens to those who sets aside anyone commandments?

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

He also said: " 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

The Pharisees kept the Sabbath didn't they? And all the other commandments, so what did Christ do that fulfilled the Law that they didn't? Romans 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law." How? By the Spirit. We don't keep the letter of the commandments; we keep the Spirit of the Commandments.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." Romans 8:1-9

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My full post stated that we are to keep all the commandments by the letter of the law. It is of no use not lusting but sleeping with you best friend's cousin. Nor does it make sense to not get angry but act the part of a serial killer. The letter of the law kills only those who transgress it... Sin. Keeping the spirit of the law is a component of the whole concept of obedience... Actually doing righteousness, (Psalm 119:172 and which elsewhere says, "My righteousness shall not be abolished" Isa.51:6 ), keeping, obeying the commandments, is also a component of obedience.

I know you believe you should keep the letter of the law, but Paul doesn't. And neither did John or Peter.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I wonder if you are deliberately obfuscating the truth in order to uphold your misplaced opinion.
KJV Galatians 5:4
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Whosoever of you are justified by the law
The above post isn't the first time you've missed this vital point, even suggesting that all Adventists actually teach that one can be justified by the law.
The Galatians certainly had a problem. But it wasn't that they were circumcising. Paul after all circumcised Timothy. No, the issue with the Galatians is that they were teaching circumcision, a component of the laws of Moses and distinctly a Jewish tradition, as necessary for Christian salvation... Justified by law.
Yet elsewhere Paul says,
KJV Romans 2:13
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Seems to me you have more studying to do.

Romans chapter one through 8 are on the Law vs. Grace. And the Law vs. Spirit. The last chapter is the conclusion that you are missing by taking a chapter from the beginning of the teaching and missing the meat.

The Law was introduced because of transgressions, but the law didn't work because of the sin nature. This was in place UNTIL Jesus came to fix the whole problem, and that problem was SIN.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now, how could I possibly argue with this, after all, it is scripture...
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

But your commentary, again, despite my remarks to the contrary, are desperately attempting to prove that any obedience to the law is an attempt to be justified by it. And I know you don't agree with that...I know you don't think that by ceasing to sleep with your neighbor, you have earned your way to heaven. Nor would you apply that idea to any of the other Commandments... Cease stealing thus earn justification? Never. Cease coveting, which is witchcraft and idolatry, and are them worthy of heaven? Of course not. We both know that obedience to the law justified no-one. You agree with this I am sure. Except you try to convince yourself that by keeping the Sabbath, one is therefore earning his way to heaven. Do you see the inconsistency in that argument? Do you see the desperation in that argument... It reveals that you have nothing else to justify your disobedience.