Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees kept the Sabbath didn't they? And all the other commandments, so what did Christ do that fulfilled the Law that they didn't?

You are butchering the meaning of scripture...who is teaching you this twisting of scripture in order to make it mean what they want it to mean?? Christ was simply saying the Pharasees acted/looked righteous but we're not, and warning us not to act righteous but be righteous.

Seriousely, who teaches your interpretation of that scripture?.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know you believe you should keep the letter of the law, but Paul doesn't. And neither did John or Peter.
KJV Matthew 5:6
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
KJV Matthew 5:20
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
KJV Romans 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
KJV Romans 3:21-26
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
KJV Romans 4:3-7
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Okay, so far so good. The above scripture everyone would agree tells us unequivocally that righteousness cannot be attained by works of the law... And there are many more in Romans and other letters that are off the same nature. It was a tenet of faith that Paul was determined to make very clear. But this raises the question, if we cannot again to righteousness by our works, then how? And even more important, what is righteousness anyway?

KJV Romans 5:17-18
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Okay, so righteousness comes as a gift. That's so awesome. It takes away all of our personal foibles, weaknesses, and the sin nature we were all born with, and informs us that no-one need be left out. But that doesn't mean we have nothing to do.

KJV Romans 6:11-14
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Here, right here, in that last verse above, is the key. It does not say what many would like it to say. It does not say, you are under grace so the law in now obsolete. No. What it is saying is that you are no longer under the condemnation of the law, but you have been forgiven, and God has provided another way to attain to righteousness, apart from the law. Thus...

KJV Romans 6:18
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
KJV Romans 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Grace creates righteousness... The righteousness of the law... In those who surrender and make themselves available to the Spirit... But does the righteousness of the law exclude obedience to the letter of the law, that is, the written law?
KJV Romans 9:30-33
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

So. What has all this to do with God's Commandments?

KJV Psalms 119:172
172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

KJV Romans 10:1-4
1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

What does this mean? That the law ended when Christ came? No. What it means is that Christ was the goal, the final aim, the ultimate climax of all the law and the prophets. In Christ the law found it's complete establishment. Only in Christ was the law met in every single jot and tittle.
KJV John 15:10
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
KJV Isaiah 42:21
21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

One cannot be justified by keeping the Commandments. But no-one will be in heaven who doesn't keep the commandments.
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Why would Satan make war against those who keeps God commandments if those who keep the law aren't saved?

KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Obedience and faith. Grace and law aren't opposed to one another as you infer. Grace established the law.
KJV Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

KJV Revelation 22:14-15
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Pharisees kept the Sabbath didn't they?
Actually, no. Which is why Jesus needed to show them the correct way to observe the Sabbath. He exposed their hypocrisy by healing on the Sabbath... Saying, My Father works and I work...
He said that doing well on the Sabbath day is lawful. The Pharisees accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath. He didn't. He broke their version of the Sabbath... That version which added so many minute legalistic additions that became a burden... This was diametrically opposed to the way the Sabbath was intended for man... Not a burden, but a gift.
KJV Isaiah 58:13-14
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't mean the general teachings are not for everyone, and there is no reasonto believe otherwise. You simply are not fooling anyone, hard as you try.
you again refused to answer

Again

WHen was the church promised land and promised peace if they obeyed and destruction if they disobeyed. but restoration if they repented?

Failure to answer just further proves you have no desire to discuss anything

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Peter was, after Calvary and the abolition of the sanctuary and all it's services and priesthood, telling Israel that they were still
KJV 1 Peter 2:9
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light??

So the Protestant ethos of the priesthood of all believers came from where? You are Catholic then?
there is no ethnos in the church. We are many ethnos.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you again refused to answer

Again

WHen was the church promised land and promised peace if they obeyed and destruction if they disobeyed. but restoration if they repented?

Failure to answer just further proves you have no desire to discuss anything

I explained to you how a yes or no on that meant nothing. My answer was my commenting on on the question, and to comment further, the question was rediculous in the first place, just more of your twisting things to squeeze out of Gods word what you want it to say.

People have to really love their sin to make this much fuss about abolishing what is is sin. ;)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, no. Which is why Jesus needed to show them the correct way to observe the Sabbath. He exposed their hypocrisy by healing on the Sabbath... Saying, My Father works and I work...
He said that doing well on the Sabbath day is lawful. The Pharisees accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath. He didn't. He broke their version of the Sabbath... That version which added so many minute legalistic additions that became a burden... This was diametrically opposed to the way the Sabbath was intended for man... Not a burden, but a gift.
KJV Isaiah 58:13-14
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Does your wife cook lunch on the Sabbath and wash the dishes after lunch? They did when I was SDA. Always wondered about that.

Last edited:

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amigo de Christo,

I responded to your post, in my post #926, and I would like you to respond to that post. It is important to me. Thank you.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does your wife cook lunch on the Sabbath and wash the dishes after lunch? They did when I was SDA. Always wondered about that.
Why would you wonder about that? People have to eat on the Sabbath as well as do other things. It says in the OT that you do these things with a singleness of heart with God in your mind (paraphrasing). IOW you do not break the Sabbath by doing these things. So you don't have to worry.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughter doesn't. My wife isn't a Christian. And she doesn't cook or do the dishes on Sabbath.

The church my mom went to always had a potluck at the church school a few miles away, but they always did the dishes afterwards.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you wonder about that? People have to eat on the Sabbath as well as do other things. It says in the OT that you do these things with a singleness of heart with God in your mind (paraphrasing). IOW you do not break the Sabbath by doing these things. So you don't have to worry.

Tell that to your wife who has to do all the work. Ever hear of pre-made sandwiches? If you are going to keep a day by the letter of the law, it better be the letter all the way.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When he said WE, Her was speaking of believers.

they are NOT WE.

context maam. Context is essential.

Yes it is. 1 John 1:6 is not a Christian. They are walking in darkness, but there is no darkness in God. verse 5.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.