• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't lost the argument.

The fact that I don't have any information on the specifics doesn't mean that the Inquisitions weren't an atrocity. People were tortured to death by the Catholic Church. That is a fact of history.
I guarantee that you know almost nothing about the Inquisitions - but that is an argument for another thread.

YOUR claim ws that the Inquisitions were an example of an "unjust" excommunication - and you have YET to give me an example.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at ALL.
I am forgiven per Jesus's prescription - not YOURS.
If you sin tonight and can't make it to confession until tomorrow...

And Jesus comes back or you die, between the time that you sinned and the time that you go to confession...

What will happen to you?

Do you know?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not perfect harmony in what you said.
For you are teaching that Romans 10:13 does not say that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved...when it clearly does.
In this, you are favouring your scripture above the one that I have given you; and have denied the truth of it.
Now look again at what I wrote about how these scriptures reconcile:
There is perfect harmony.
I'm just telling you what the BIBLE says.

It says that whoever calls on His name will be saved (Rom. 10:13) - IF they do His will (Matt. 7:21).
It's an open and shut case . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guarantee that you know almost nothing about the Inquisitions - but that is an argument for another thread.

YOUR claim ws that the Inquisitions were an example of an "unjust" excommunication - and you have YET to give me an example.
I will drop the argument for now.

Except I will say that Diotrephes is an example of an unjust excommunicator: and will say that those who excessively excommunicate people cannot be an apple far from that tree.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you sin tonight and can't make it to confession until tomorrow...
And Jesus comes back or you die, between the time that you sinned and the time that you go to confession...
What will happen to you?
Do you know?
Absolutely.

Did I commit a sin unto death - or did I commit a sin that does NOT lead unto death (1 John 5:16)?
Was I repentant - or did I believe in the FALSE Protestant doctrine that ALL of my future sins are "covered" and I don't need to repent of them?

Reactions: Berserk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will drop the argument for now.

Except I will say that Diotrephes is an example of an unjust excommunicator: and will say that those who excessively excommunicate people cannot be an apple far from that tree.
I agree.
Christ's Church is NOT from that tree.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just telling you what the BIBLE says.

It says that whoever calls on His name will be saved (Rom. 10:13) - IF they do His will (Matt. 7:21).
It's an open and shut case . . .
That's not what it says.

You don't get to add a scripture at random and make the original scripture null and void.

Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be obedient...is the conclusion that one can make from looking at both of these scriptures together.

In your scenario, whosoever calls on the name of the Lord is not necessarily saved...not what Romans 10:13 says or teaches.

In my scenario, whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved...what that scripture teaches...and also will be obedient...what your scripture teaches...the reconciling scripture being 2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv).

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely.

Did I commit a sin unto death - or did I commit a sin that does NOT lead unto death (1 John 5:16)?
Was I repentant - or did I believe in the FALSE Protestant doctrine that ALL of my future sins are "covered" and I don't need to repent of them?
So, what is the answer from your perspective?

If you committed a sin unto death, can that sin be forgiven by a Catholic Priest?

And if not, is it forgiven before you confess it to the priest?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's the REAL problem, isn't it?

When you have tens of thousands of disjointed and perperpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach competing doctrines based on what THEY believe the Holy spirit is telling them - you have confusion.

In other words - "Blind" guides . . .

Perverted Gospels are equally “ perverted” regardless of the Stamp that we put on them.....Those that promote them are just as equally “Accursed” or , in other words— damned to Hell for Eternity.
The vast majority of Protestant Churches Teach “ Jesus Saves— BUT!” They Add to Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing just like the Catholics do......the only difference with the Catholics is that they are so ignorant of God's Word......they don’t even try to hide their Leaven and their False Gospel Of Works....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just got back from confession if you must know.

.....and how did “ that” DEAD WORK go? After all , everything depends on our “ performance “ doesn’t it? Make sure you have the “ Good Luck” to Repent Of All your sins before you die also....Those that like to “ Trample the Blood Of Jesus” May as well do it up right......right?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you committed a sin unto death, can that sin be forgiven by a Catholic Priest?

@BreadOfLife,

I will be looking forward to seeing your answer to these questions tomorrow.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I guess we'll never get to a point where you can actually refute the Scriptural decimation of your 16th century man-made invention of OSAS.
As I stated before - "Epignosis" is the Kryptonite to your Calvinist fallacy.

Cutting and pasting from an online site again?
Can't think for yourself?
Can't open a real bible and discern and explain?
Yes i know.
But thank you for all the colorful misrepresented verses.

And as i told you.
If you want to continue to follow a clown that prays to a plastic mary, then have at it.
Its a fool's errand, and that will fit you well, as you've proven.
Look below at these religious idiots praying to a stature.
That your false religion, deceived one = CULT OF MARY.
Wake up !

-
-

pope5jpg.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what it says.
You don't get to add a scripture at random and make the original scripture null and void.
Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be obedient...is the conclusion that one can make from looking at both of these scriptures together.
In your scenario, whosoever calls on the name of the Lord is not necessarily saved...not what Romans 10:13 says or teaches.

In my scenario, whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved...what that scripture teaches...and also will be obedient...what your scripture teaches...the reconciling scripture being 2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv).
WRONG.
The Bible teaches that salvation is NOT a "one-time" event -= but a lifelong process.

I AM saved when I come to the Lord and am Baptized - but that's just the beginning . . .
The Bible assures us that we as Christians are ALREADY SAVED (Rom. 5:1, 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8)
This is Initial Salvation – God give us the initial grace to believe.

However, because Salvation is a LIFELONG process – it ALSO says that I am BEING SAVED (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).
This is Ongoing Sanctification – God is sanctifying us throughout our life as we cooperate with his grace.

Because of this, I have the hope that I WILL BE SAVED (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).
This is Final Sanctification/Salvation – We die and go to heaven having endured to the end.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said, they cannot be an apple far from that tree.
As Protestant historian Kenneth Samples points out in his treatise. What Think Ye of Rome:

"Catholicism, on the other hand, is the largest body within Christendom, having almost a two‐thousand‐year history (it has historical continuity with apostolic, first century Christianity), and is the ecclesiastical tree from which Protestantism originally splintered."

We ARE the tree, so we don't fall FROM any tree.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I'll teach you about the Authority that Christ gave His Church . . .

Jesus gave His Church SUPREME AUTHORITY o earth. He told the leaders of His Church that WHATEVER they loosed or held bound on earth would ALSO be loosed and held bound in Heaven (Matt. 16:19, 18:18, John 20:23).

The practice of telling our sins to a priest is based directly in Scripture. THREE times in the Gospels (Matt. 16:19, 18:18 and John 20:23), we read where Jesus gave the Apostles the power to forgive sins or to hold them bound. This is NOT something that Jesus took lightly. In John 20:21-23, Jesus (who is God) breathes on the Apostles as he is giving them this power:

John 20:21-23
(Jesus) said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you."

And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."

The fact that Jesus "breathed" on the Apostles when entrusted them with this ministry is highly significant because he doesn’t do this anywhere else in the New Testament. In fact, there are only TWO times in ALL of Scripture where God breathes on man:

The first is when he breathed life into Adam.
The second is here in John’s Gospel when he is giving them the power to forgive or retain sins.

Paul makes NO small case for this ministry of reconciliation"
2 Cor. 5:18-20

“And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given US the ministry of reconciliation, namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to US the message of reconciliation. So WE are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through US. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”

In 2 Cor. 2:10, he states, “Whomever you forgive anything, so do I. For indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for you in the presence of Christ.

In the Greek, the word “presence” in this phrase is Prosopone, which means Person. In the PERSON of Christ is a more correct translation. Paul was indicating that they were forgiving sins in the PERSON of Christ, which is translated into Latin as In Persona Christi.

THAT being said - when I commit a sin unto death (mortal sin) - Christ's earthly authority, His Church states that I must confess it to the Church.
If I die before I get a chance to go to confession and confessed that sin privately, I am forgiven. That, however, is the exception - not the norm.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....and how did “ that” DEAD WORK go? After all , everything depends on our “ performance “ doesn’t it? Make sure you have the “ Good Luck” to Repent Of All your sins before you die also....Those that like to “ Trample the Blood Of Jesus” May as well do it up right......right?
How is repentance and contrition a "dead" work??
Can you explain that?

Was the Holy Spirit wrong when He inspired James to admonish his readers to CONFESS their sins (James 5:16)?

Reactions: Berserk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cutting and pasting from an online site again?
Can't think for yourself?
Can't open a real bible and discern and explain?
Yes i know.
But thank you for all the colorful misrepresented verses.

And as i told you.
If you want to continue to follow a clown that prays to a plastic mary, then have at it.
Its a fool's errand, and that will fit you well, as you've proven.
Look below at these religious idiots praying to a stature.
That your false religion, deceived one = CULT OF MARY.
Wake up !
It's funny how YOU accuse me of "cutting and pasting" - yet that's what YOU'VE been doing with your pictures for weeks now.

Anyway - the verses I presented to you that destroy your OSAS fallacy are from an article that I wrote for the Apologetics class that I teach at my parish. They'll get a kick out of heqaring that I stumped another group of antoi=Catholics who were ill-equppied to give an answer for what they believer (1 Pet. 3:15).

Every time you run from those verses, it magnifies the impotence of your 16th century, man-made invention . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perverted Gospels are equally “ perverted” regardless of the Stamp that we put on them.....Those that promote them are just as equally “Accursed” or , in other words— damned to Hell for Eternity.
The vast majority of Protestant Churches Teach “ Jesus Saves— BUT!” They Add to Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing just like the Catholics do......the only difference with the Catholics is that they are so ignorant of God's Word......they don’t even try to hide their Leaven and their False Gospel Of Works....
Uh-huh.

Sooooooo, which one of the tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant sects has it right?
Is it the one who agrees with YOU - or the one who agrees with ALL of the other posters here?

Take your time . . .