• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear justbyfaith,

To have Jesus is to have eternal life, because Jesus is eternal life, and He offers to share that life, His Life with all..

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.

'this is My Body, take and eat'
'this is the Cup of My Blood'

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!
Jesus is the Word (John 1:1, John 1:14)...we eat His flesh by partaking of His word...we drink His blood by believing in what He did for us on the Cross.

Communion is symbolic of these things.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is the Word (John 1:1, John 1:14)...we eat His flesh by partaking of His word...we drink His blood by believing in what He did for us on the Cross.

Communion is symbolic of these things.

An interesting proposition, but not one taught by the Church for 2000 years..

As I demonstrated earlier, I have the living witness of 3, 2000 year old, living witnesses to the Truth that the Eucharist is truly the Body and Blood of Jesus.. And that Jesus actually meant what he said..
Where is the 2000 year old Christian witness that speaks otherwise?

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

Peace!

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s called “Symbolism”......Jesus also said we are to “ carry our Cross daily”.....WOW!....We have all been living in Gross Disobedience ! Where can we go and buy Crosses ? Nonsense-Thinking and Pure Gullibility is a scary thing to behold.....
Tell that to Paul: 1 Corinthians 10:16-17

Both he and I and 2,000 years of Church teaching disagrees with you! What you have just stated is a 500 year teaching of men.

Reactions: Philip James

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a moot point.

They were outwardly Christians but were not born again...they never had everlasting life to begin with.
And there YOUgo again adding to Scripture what s NOT there.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I swear...It’s like shooting ducks in a barrel......
“ If it is Of WORKS ( the crux of your “ cooperation” ) it is NO LONGER of Grace”
“ Salvation is a GIFT, Given to those that don’t work for it “

You and your other deceived catholic buddies hopefully are Saved because at least you “ Do” Believe in the Resurrection and many think that is enough to get Saved.....
Your Problem is that you Add to the Gospel , making yourself a “ Co-Savior”.....In your perverted view, the Blood might be “Essential”—— it just ain’t “ Adequate” in and if itself. That is how one “ Falls From Grace”...... The Cross is Of “ no benefit” for you.Scary stuff.Some think these Truths mean you are damned.....let’s hope not!
There is one thing that all of those who are “ fallen from Grace” have in common—— they are completely oblivious to it. If you are on the Wide Path where everybody agrees that “ Sure, Jesus Saves — BUT!” , you could be in Serious Jeopardy . The Book Of Galatians was written for people like you.Pray that God open your heart for understanding and then read that Book— there is Joy in it when properly understood— it could make you “ a Free man in Christ”.....That “ Abundant Life” thingy that Jesus referred to ? It really exists.I know that, because I LIVE it. How about you? Let me answer that for you- No. The secret is RESTING IN THE FINISHED WORK OF THE CROSS—-NOT by your Works, which you fancily obscure by using the word “ cooperation”.....Salvation is a GIFT .....the only “ cooperation” required by Wretched Sinners like you and I is to BELIEVE it.......It really IS just like the Song says, “ Nothing But The Blood”...... many need to rip it from their hymnals....know what I mean?
A "Gift" by definition is something that "HAS" to be received in order for it to be a gift.
A gift that has been returned by the receiver is no longer a gift.

PS - you STILL need to explain how those with an "Epignosis" of Christ can LOSE their security per Heb. 10:26-27 and 2 Pet. 2:20-22 . . .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the book of Galatians.

Galatians is the Book that reveals the Freedom we now have in Christ......Freedom was so valuable to God , that He risked the possibility of sin to obtain it......Sure Enough, Adam and Eve were free to obey or disobey and now the entire Universe suffers for it.....especially He that took the risk , God Himself.He took the punishment that we deserve on the Cross....with all the misery freedom has brought about......it still beats the universe being replete with robots and mindless slaves.....that would have been the alternative.....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians is the Book that reveals the Freedom we now have in Christ......Freedom was so valuable to God , that He risked the possibility of sin to obtain it......Sure Enough, Adam and Eve were free to obey or disobey and now the entire Universe suffers for it.....especially He that took the risk , God Himself.He took the punishment that we deserve on the Cross....with all the misery freedom has brought about......it still beats the universe being replete with robots and mindless slaves.....that would have been the alternative.....
Yup - Galatians is the Book that explicitly tells is that the ONLY thing that matters is "faith WORKING through love" (Gal. 5:6).
Now that's cooperation . . .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A "Gift" by definition is something that "HAS" to be received in order for it to be a gift.

PS - you STILL need to explain how those with an "Epignosis" of Christ can LOSE their security per Heb. 10:26-27 and 2 Pet. 2:20-22 . . .

I don’t owe you any explanation.....I am not even addressing you.....you are too far gone....I use your types as “ Springboards” to get the Truth Of RESTING in The Gospel out there For Newbies that have not been ruined yet by Modern- Day Judaizers, Spreaders Of Leaven , Legalists, Tares and other assorted Gospel Perverters....
Whatever your show- off “ Epignosus” Word means.....you can put it where the sun doesn’t shine, and I ain’t talking about Scotland.....lol....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever your show- off “ Epignosus” Word means.....you can put it where the sun doesn’t shine, and I ain’t talking about Scotland.....lol....
It's not MY "show off" word - it's GOD'S.
the Holy Spirit is the Author of Scripture and inspired the writers to use that word.

If you can't deal with it - just say so and move on.
Leave the real debating for the educated Scriptural students . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you return the gift of salvation that Christ gave to you?

Do you think that you ever will (assuming you have it)?

If not, why not?

If so, why?

Yup - Galatians is the Book that explicitly tells is that the ONLY thing that matters is "faith WORKING through love" (Gal. 5:6).
Now that's cooperation . . .

The topical context of this is a comparison of Galatians 3:14 w/ Romans 5:5.

We receive salvation / the gift of the Holy Spirit through faith alone...and we apprehend the love of the Lord through the Holy Spirit; whom we receive by faith.

So then, our salvation is not achieved by love or by acts of love but by faith.

The practical love that develops out of that faith is the result of faith.

Our works of love do not save us; but they do show forth that we have been saved...we are visibly declared righteous (justified) because of our works of love.

However, we are also, invisibly declared righteous (saved) through faith alone apart from works of love (Romans 4:5-6).

Our acts of love, as cooperation with the Holy Spirit, do not save us therefore; but rather they are the result of a living salvation.

The only thing we need to do in order to be saved is to place our faith in Jesus Christ.

He will then fill us with His love and give us a new nature that is inclined towards love (see Luke 7:36-50, Romans 5:5, 1 John 4:19).

So then, the cooperation, is something that is practically automatic (Philippians 2:13, Ezekiel 36:27) as the result of a living faith in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not MY "show off" word - it's GOD'S.
the Holy Spirit is the Author of Scripture and inspired the writers to use that word.

If you can't deal with it - just say so and move on.
Leave the real debating for the educated Scriptural students . . .

I ain’t going anywhere until I choose to.....
The Pharisees Of Old were “ educated” to an extent you never “ dreamed” of......they fared miserably when they went Up against the Unschooled Apostles who merely relied upon the Holy Spirit for what they were to say.....I suspect your experience will be similar to the Proud Pharisees.....” Blind Guides” can be super- educated and super- informed , yet, alas, they are STILL blind.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Galatians is the Book that reveals the Freedom we now have in Christ......Freedom was so valuable to God , that He risked the possibility of sin to obtain it......Sure Enough, Adam and Eve were free to obey or disobey and now the entire Universe suffers for it.....especially He that took the risk , God Himself. He took the punishment that we deserve on the Cross....with all the misery freedom has brought about......it still beats the universe being replete with robots and mindless slaves.....that would have been the alternative.....
Freedom doesn't bring about misery. robots and mindless slaves were victims of every heresy in the patristic period. Every one of them thumbed their noses at the authority of the Church, and asserted their false teachings based on Bible alone theology. Arius, Nestorius, Apollonius and legions of other heretics challenged the Church; that's why councils were convened.

The Bible rules out the possibility of alternatives within the Church contaminating revealed truths. God promised that would never happen, and we believe the Church is infallible and indestructible. The Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15 was infallible. The Bible repeatedly teaches that the Church is indefectible; therefore, the hypothetical of rejecting the (one true, historic) Church, as supposedly going against the Bible, is impossible according to the Bible. It is not a situation that would ever come up, because of God’s promised protection.

Anti-Catholics don’t have enough faith to believe that God could preserve an infallible Church, even though they can muster up even more faith than that, which is required to believe in an infallible Bible written by a bunch of sinners and hypocrites.

We simply have more faith than you guys do. It’s a supernatural gift. We believe that the authoritative Church is also a key part of God’s plan to save the souls of men. We follow the model of the Jerusalem Council, whereas you guys reject that or ignore it, because it doesn’t fit in with the man-made tradition of Protestantism and a supposedly non-infallible Church.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately the Catholic Church has engaged in Diotrephetic practice (3 John 1:9-11) throughout history.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you return the gift of salvation that Christ gave to you?

Do you think you ever will (assuming you have it)?
NOPE - but MANY people have - and MANY people will.
The context of this is a comparison of Galatians 3:14 w/ Romans 5:5.
We receive salvation / the gift of the Holy Spirit through faith alone...and we apprehend the love of the Lord through the Holy Spirit; whom we receive by faith.
So then, our salvation is not achieved by love or by acts of love but by faith.
The practical love that develops out of that faith is the result of faith.
Our works of love do not save us; but they do show forth that we have been saved...we are visibly declared righteous (justified) because of our works of love.

However, we are also, invisibly declared righteous (saved) through faith alone apart from works of love (Romans 4:5-6).
And as long as you understand that true faith is NOT just "believing" in Christ but OBEYING Christ - then your text in RED is correct.

Remember - is ALL you do is "believe" - you're NO better off than the demons, who do the same (James 2:19) . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ain’t going anywhere until I choose to.....
The Pharisees Of Old were “ educated” to an extent you never “ dreamed” of......they fared miserably when they went Up against the Unschooled Apostles who merely relied upon the Holy Spirit for what they were to say.....I suspect your experience will be similar to the Proud Pharisees.....” Blind Guides” can be super- educated and super- informed , yet, alas, they are STILL blind.
And that's the REAL problem, isn't it?

When you have tens of thousands of disjointed and perperpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach competing doctrines based on what THEY believe the Holy spirit is telling them - you have confusion.

In other words - "Blind" guides . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately the Catholic Church has engaged in Diotrephetic practice (3 John 1:9-11) throughout history.
3 John 9-10
I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will not welcome us.
So when I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, spreading malicious nonsense about us.

Gee that sounds like Luther, Calvin and all of their ecclesial offspring . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 John 9-10
I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will not welcome us.
So when I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, spreading malicious nonsense about us.

Gee that sounds like Luther, Calvin and all of their ecclesial offspring . . .
I was referring to this:

3Jo 1:9, I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
3Jo 1:10, Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
3Jo 1:11, Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

It has to do with the unjust excommunications that the Catholic Church has performed throughout the centuries.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

If Rome is your stumbling block, then come to the Feast with Alexandria, come with Constantinople.. But come!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I attend the church that I attend; and we partake of communion as a symbolic action.

And I don't think that I am going to hell because of this.

Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.