• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person includes A BODY!!!
Do you really NOT understand...???
Body's Do NOT GO TO Heaven.
Body's Die and return to Dust.
(And it is customary to Bury in a Grave a Dead Body since, because the process of a Body returning to Dust, is they ROT, and STINK!!)

It is only Living Saved souls,
And
Quickened Living spirits
OF a (Bodily Dead man) that Go To Heaven!!!

Your premise is Dumb.
Therefore, your question, based on your premise is Dumb.

Learn what is the wholeness of A Whole Man...

1 Thes 5:
[23] ... your whole spirit and soul and body ...
Soooooo, your answer is that those in Heaven are NOT part of the Body of Christ because they no longer have their corruptible flesh??
That's an idiotic answer.

They are as much a part of the Body of Christ as those here on earth - and are MORE alive than YOU are because they have been made perfect and flawless in Christ (Rev. 21:27).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many times do you have to be answered, before you get it?

Christ's Church is His Church "OF God".
It is Founded on the Rock solid principle;
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
And ON the ROCK solid Foundation OF the Lord God Himself.

The Catholic Church is NOT the stand alone "True Church"!
(As Catholics are taught to claim!)

Every (man-MADE) Church that stands on the Foundational Principle;
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God,
IS "OF Christ's Church, which IS, OF the Church OF God"!
And, as I showed you - that Church was being called "The Catholic Church" by the ends of the FIRST century.

Reactions: Marymog

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Catholics can chance it that you are not committing the sin of necromancy when you pray to the dead...

I am not going to take such a chance in my own personal life.

They are not praying TO Dead Body's.
They think they are Praying TO saints in Heaven.
The saints in Heaven:
Are Saved souls and quickened (Born Again spirit of man)...

The ARE no Scriptures exampling of:
A Bodily Living man PRAYING TO a man's departed soul or spirit in Heaven.

"Prayer TO" is taught...Reserved TO the Lord God.

Jesus is THE intercessory, FOR an unsaved man.

The Converted man Has Direct Access to God.

No other is Identified As an Intercessory For Prayers TO God.

Prayers FOR another is Not Praying TO another.

Saints, (the Righteous) are taught to PRAY FOR other Saints and FOR the unsaved..

Nothing whatsoever in Scripture reveals, Saints IN Heaven, intercede and "Receive PRAYER Requests" from Bodily Living men.

So, no I do not Agree with Bodily Living men, praying TO (Saved souls/quickened Spiritual Saints in Heaven).

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo, your answer is that those in Heaven are NOT part of the Body of Christ because they no longer have their corruptible flesh??
That's an idiotic answer.

I said no such thing!

No kidding that is an IDIOTIC answer YOU GAVE to YOUR OWN idiotic Comment, you finished what A Question mark.

How Dumb!!!
You Write a Dumb comment.
You Ask a dumb Question.
Then you say it's Idiotic.

LOL...
Why you feel the need to tell me about your psychobabble nonsense...is per usual...
Ridiculous.

When are you going to learn to Stop trying to speak for others? :rolleyes:

Sheesh!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Catholics can chance it that you are not committing the sin of necromancy when you pray to the dead...

I am not going to take such a chance in my own personal life.
Necromancy is communicating with the dead. The souls in heaven aren't dead.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Necromancy is communicating with the dead. The souls in heaven aren't dead.
Not only that - necromancy is seeking information FROM the dead.
ASKING a person in Heaven to pray FOR you doesn't qualify as "necromancy".

My question to ignorant anti-Catholics like @justbyfaith is:
Was Jesus practicing "necromancy" at the Transfiguration?
Remember that Moses died . . .

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said no such thing!

No kidding that is an IDIOTIC answer YOU GAVE to YOUR OWN idiotic Comment, you finished what A Question mark.

How Dumb!!!
You Write a Dumb comment.
You Ask a dumb Question.
Then you say it's Idiotic.

LOL...
Why you feel the need to tell me about your psychobabble nonsense...is per usual...
Ridiculous.

When are you going to learn to Stop trying to speak for others?

Sheesh!
As soon as YOU stop whining about something - then claim you didn't whine about it . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for miracles being done through praying to the saints....you ought to consider Matthew 24:24, 2 Thessalonians 2:9, and Revelation 16:13-14...especially since this appears to be power to work miracles through praying to dead people...which is necromancy. Magic spells that have their power from the other side...

Because there is no guarantee that those whom the Catholic Church canonizes as saints are truly on the heavenly side of the afterlife...

Especially since i recently heard a story about someone identified as a saint by the Catholic Church (because they did a miracle) who raped a girl after having done a miracle and then did miracles afterward.

I would venture to say that such miracles are what is spoken of in scriptures I mentioned above...

Also what is mentioned in Matthew 7:21-23.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for miracles being done through praying to the saints....you ought to consider Matthew 24:24, 2 Thessalonians 2:9, and Revelation 16:13-14...especially since this appears to be power to work miracles through praying to dead people...which is necromancy. Magic spells that have their power from the other side..
Because there is no guarantee that those whom the Catholic Church canonizes as saints are truly on the heavenly side of the afterlife...
Especially since i recently heard a story about someone identified as a saint by the Catholic Church (because they did a miracle) who raped a girl after having done a miracle and then did miracles afterward.

I would venture to say that such miracles are what is spoken of in scriptures I mentioned above...

Also what is mentioned in Matthew 7:21-23.
First of all - I already explained o you what "necromancy" is - and asking a saint in Heaven to pray for you doe NOT fit the definition of necromancy. Necromancy is the attempt to glean information FROM the dead - so enough with your LIES already.

As for "magic spells" - WHY would you attribute a miracle done IN CHRIST as a "magic spell??
Doesn't
sound like you have any faith . . .

Finally - your hatred for the Catholic Church now has you accusing canonized saints of RAPE??
Provide the name of the saint AND the situation you are speaking of - or just admit that you're lying again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't remember the name of the "saint" in particular...but the story was related recently on these very boards...and I have better things to do than to search out the post where the story was related. I'm surprised that you are not aware of the actual story.

I will not "admit" that I'm "lying"...because I am not lying.

That is the bottom line.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context of Revelation 5:8 is that the Lamb now takes the book and its seals, that the opening of will put in motion the events of the book of Revelation, and opens it, in response to the prayers of all the saints throughout history, who, like John in the same chapter, I'm certain wept because no one was worthy to take the book and open the seals thereof.

In context, Jesus, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, is found worthy to take the book and open the seals.

The point being that this is the result of the prayers of the saints.

So it is not the prayers of saints here being spoken of in general; but the specific prayers of the saints to the purpose of having the end be able to come and for all things to be fulfilled as the book of Revelation lays it out.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context of Revelation 5:8 is that the Lamb now takes the book and its seals, that the opening of will put in motion the events of the book of Revelation, and opens it, in response to the prayers of all the saints throughout history, who, like John in the same chapter, I'm certain wept because no one was worthy to take the book and open the seals thereof.

In context, Jesus, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, is found worthy to take the book and open the seals.

The point being that this is the result of the prayers of the saints.

So it is not the prayers of saints here being spoken of in general; but the specific prayers of the saints to the purpose of having the end be able to come and for all things to be fulfilled as the book of Revelation lays it out.
You can try to rationalize it ALL you want - but in the end, we see INTERCESSION from the saints in Heaven for the saints on earth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't remember the name of the "saint" in particular...but the story was related recently on these very boards...and I have better things to do than to search out the post where the story was related. I'm surprised that you are not aware of the actual story.

I will not "admit" that I'm "lying"...because I am not lying.

That is the bottom line.
No - the "bottom line" is that you have better things to do than to tell the truth.

WHY would you accuse a canonized saint of rape - then refuse to identify him? Don't you fear GOD??
Don't you understand that false accusations are a direct violation of His Commandment against bearing false witness??

You should make it a rule NOT to discuss things on the forum that you're NOT sure about.
There are only 1 or 2 people on this forum who LIE as much as YOU do . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can try to rationalize it ALL you want - but in the end, we see INTERCESSION from the saints in Heaven for the saints on earth.

No rationalization here.

No - the "bottom line" is that you have better things to do than to tell the truth.

WHY would you accuse a canonized saint of rape - then refuse to identify him? Don't you fear GOD??
Don't you understand that false accusations are a direct violation of His Commandment against bearing false witness??

You should make it a rule NOT to discuss things on the forum that you're NOT sure about.
There are only 1 or 2 people on this forum who LIE as much as YOU do . . .

It never fails that you will accuse your opponents in debate of lying.

I have no idea where to find that specific post that contained the story that I am talking to you about...why don't you search through all the threads...I'm certain that you will find it if you search hard enough.

I know that I am not bearing false witness...my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost. I feel no conviction of sin over your accusation...and no, my conscience has not been seared...it is because it is simply true that I am not lying about this.

You can take it or leave it.

I'm certain that others who follow all of the threads will remember reading of the story in question...and that is good enough for me.

If they haven't...well, they can continue to read all of the threads if my character is in question in their minds.

But at this point it is your word against mine.

What will you do if I actually find the post in question and bring it to the forefront; after you have incessantly accused me of lying over and over again (yet again)?

You had better hope that your foot tastes good...because it will at that point be in your mouth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story to which you were referring was St. Maria Goretti, who appeard to her would-be rapist and murderer in jail - and he repented and converted.
There was no saint who was a rapist. That was a lie that YOU made up

How does that foot taste now?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story to which you were referring was St. Maria Goretti, who appeard to her would-be rapist and murderer in jail - and he repented and converted.
There was no saint who was a rapist. That was a lie that YOU made up

How does that foot taste now?
The story was about a saint who had done miracles and then hid out in a cave; and after he had raped the girl, the people wanted him to perform a healing so they brought him out of his cave to do that healing.

Don't worry; I'm still looking for the post in particular where I saw the story in question. If it hasn't been deleted it will very likely be brought to the forefront.

So you might as well give your foot a taste to prepare yourself for what is coming...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't seem to find that story...which doesn't mean that it was never posted.

Just that I don't remember exactly where I saw it and therefore, if you are not going to press the issue, I would rather not have to put forth the effort to keep looking for it.

If you are going to press the issue, then I will look for it and find it...because it is posted somewhere, unless it has been deleted by the original poster.

At the very least, I know that I am telling the truth; even if my integrity is being called into question yet again by you: and whether I actually find the post in question or not, my conscience is clear because I know that I am not lying in this thing.

Last edited:

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Life Application Bible:

"When someone claims to have faith, what he or she may have is intellectual assent--agreement with a set of Christian teachings--and as such it would be incomplete faith. True faith transforms our conduct as well as our thoughts. If our life remains unchanged, we don't really believe the truths we claim to believe."

This agrees with my interpretation of James 2:14

You just confirmed my point: the Life Application Bible is NOT an academic commentary on the Epistle of James! What it says about intellectual assent is true, but irrelevant to the point of the rhetorical question in 2:14, which requires the answer No, faith without works cannot save you. That is simple grammar of which you are obvious.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Berserk, I believe that you were very likely the one who posted the story I am talking about. It was either you or @K9Buck.

And if you are honest, you will tell me what happened to that story; because I have searched everywhere and have not been able to find it. Did you delete it after having posted it?