Jesus left us with the assignment to make disciples,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ who came down from heaven, was buried, and was risen again by Yahweh. Who am I to judge, continue to have faith in him, and love Yahweh our Father with all your mind, heart, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself, Robert.

I just don’t believe You have to part of an organization to make a person a Christian and there are many people who believe this way, having been burned by Churches in their lifetime.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only if the testimony of the Holy Spirit is being delivered through that worker.

Huh?
How is it a person's responsibility to determine if another person brings you God's word?

God has executed a few judgments on people sir, and you are aware of that. He always gives warning prior. May I ask you what the full meaning of Mat 24:14 is Ferris? We will compare notes after you tell me.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I ask you what the full meaning of Mat 24:14 is Ferris?
Full meaning?
I don't think anyone contends with the plain Biblical fact that the gospel message will be preached right up to the end. Each of us has one spiritual gift or another to be used towards God's task of seeding and harvesting his field. Whether it's breaking up the soil, or planting, or watering it, we all together work to that end to some degree or another according to our gift and the faith we have been given to operate in it. And each will be rewarded according to his success in doing so. Some won't be successful because of sloth or because of some deficiency. They themselves will be saved but only as one escaping the flames. Judgement in this regard is according to what one's calling and gifting is.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty simple statement, and I failed to understand what you said. I will give you an example of my being a moron, and you will not believe this sir, I believe I was Divinely protected yesterday. I had to go have some tires mounted yesterday, so I put one of those racks on the back of the car, that slide into the receiver. It is a hair over 20 miles to the shop, I secured the tires well and went to the shop. The mechanic put one of my straps on the front floorboard, but I did not see the other one, he had it strapped to my rack and the tow tab on the vehicle, well I took it off and drove home. When I went to take off the rack, I did not have a pin securing it, I drove 40+miles with an unsecured rack slid into my 2" receiver. Now you tell me am I a moron or not? Now I cannot find the pin nor my keys for it either, the only thing I can figure I must have set them on the rack and they fell off. I am hoping they turn up. Yes sir, I am definitely a moron. But hopefully a lovable moron :)
You're getting up in age like me, and I am inexplicably absent-minded. Everybody our age is getting that way. We need to be careful. Too much information in our brains.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ who came down from heaven, was buried, and was risen again by Yahweh. Who am I to judge, continue to have faith in him, and love Yahweh our Father with all your mind, heart, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself, Robert.

I just don’t believe You have to part of an organization to make a person a Christian and there are many people who believe this way, having been burned by Churches in their lifetime.

What does Isa 2:2,3; Heb 10:24,25 say to you Matt?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Full meaning?
I don't think anyone contends with the plain Biblical fact that the gospel message will be preached right up to the end. Each of us has one spiritual gift or another to be used towards God's task of seeding and harvesting his field. Whether it's breaking up the soil, or planting, or watering it, we all together work to that end to some degree or another according to our gift and the faith we have been given to operate in it. And each will be rewarded according to his success in doing so. Some won't be successful because of sloth or because of some deficiency. They themselves will be saved but only as one escaping the flames. Judgement in this regard is according to what one's calling and gifting is.

I agree with your definition Ferris. The preaching of the gospel will be preached until Jehovah sends His forces to bring the end. Did you also pick up on to all the nations sir? What does that part of it mean to you?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're getting up in age like me, and I am inexplicably absent-minded. Everybody our age is getting that way. We need to be careful. Too much information in our brains.

I feel that way too, scientists say we are able to hold more bytes of information than the biggest computers, but my smartphone is infinitely smarter and faster and more irritating than I Bob. I am not sure we have ever discussed age together, I am 68, what is your age sir?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus certainly did leave us with the assignment to make disciples (Matthew 28:19,20) and also the apostle Paul told us to take heed to ourselves and to all the flock, to shepherd the church of God.

Acts 20:28 - Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To love God and love one another, and that comes at a cost of dying to self, Robert.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to be one of Jehovah's witnesses Matt.

that bothers me because that is what I don’t get about Jehovah witnesses is “the elite” status or you must belong to our clan or you follow another God. It reminds me of

Galatians 4:17 Lexicon: They eagerly seek you, not commendably, but they wish to shut you out so that you will seek them.

Galatians 4:18 Lexicon: But it is good always to be eagerly sought in a commendable manner, and not only when I am present with you.

to me the above where they wish to exclude you, that you might seek after them…is that a good thing? What that says to me is they wish to shut you out so that you will seek after them…yet “Learn of Me. Take My Yoke upon you.” Is Christ speaking…?

I don’t understand, what does your bible say in Galatians 4? How is it that now that you have known God, that is to be be known of God…how is it you turn back to that which is weak and beggarly? (Again He said to learn of Him and you will find rest)…it doesn’t say learn of Jehovah witness or of Robert or of Vickie …but to Learn of the Som for if you have seen the Son you have seen the Father…
1) to be known of God (to me) is that Spirit sent into the heart that cries “Abba Father”
…is this not the Spirit of the Son which cries? Who is the Son?

From Galatians 4 also: One bond
One free. How is one free …what does your bible have for whom the Son makes free is free indeed.

From Galatians 4 also: Until Christ be formed in you. —that Spirit of the Son crying Abba Father? Known of God…like 2 Corinthians 3:2-5 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [3] Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, (talking about making disciples) written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God(crying Abba Father); not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. [4] And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: [5] Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

I’m not debating whether Jesus is God…I’m asking what if a Mormon has the Spirit of Christ crying Abba Father …is the witness of God the Father to whom the Spirit of the Son cries out? Like a baby that cries out with that first breath of deliverance …until Christ be formed in you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
that bothers me because that is what I don’t get about Jehovah witnesses is “the elite” status or you must belong to our clan or you follow another God. It reminds me of

Galatians 4:17 Lexicon: They eagerly seek you, not commendably, but they wish to shut you out so that you will seek them.

Galatians 4:18 Lexicon: But it is good always to be eagerly sought in a commendable manner, and not only when I am present with you.

to me the above where they wish to exclude you, that you might seek after them…is that a good thing? What that says to me is they wish to shut you out so that you will seek after them…yet “Learn of Me. Take My Yoke upon you.” Is Christ speaking…?

I don’t understand, what does your bible say in Galatians 4? How is it that now that you have known God, that is to be be known of God…how is it you turn back to that which is weak and beggarly? (Again He said to learn of Him and will will find rest)
1) to be known of God (to me) is that Spirit sent into the heart that cries “Abba Father”

One free. How is one free …what does your bible have for whom the Son makes free is free indeed.

From Galatians 4 also: Until Christ be formed in you. —that Spirit of the Son crying Abba Father? Known of God…like 2 Corinthians 3:2-5 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [3] Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, (talking about making disciples) written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God(crying Abba Father); not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. [4] And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: [5] Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

I’m not debating whether Jesus is God…I’m asking what if a Mormon has the Spirit of Christ crying Abba Father …is the witness of God the Father to whom the Spirit of the Son cries out? Like a baby that cries out with that first breath of deliverance …until Christ be formed in you.
@VictoryinJesus Interesting verses there from Galatians; thank-you..................

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don’t understand, what does your bible say in Galatians 4? How is it that now that you have known God, that is to be be known of God…how is it you turn back to that which is weak and beggarly? (Again He said to learn of Him and you will find rest)…it doesn’t say learn of Jehovah witness or of Robert or of Vickie …but to Learn of the Som for if you have seen the Son you have seen the Father…

Hi Vicky. I want you to use your honesty in evaluating what I said to Matt. What I stated is the utmost undisputed truth maam, and was an honest answer to his question. Now please answer this question honestly and you will have the answer out of your very own mouth. Does the Bible teach in any passages that God is going to grant salvation to anyone who does not serve Him?
I seriously do not believe you even consider that to be false, but if you do please show the Scripture that God accepts those who choose to worship another god maam.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vicky. I want you to use your honesty in evaluating what I said to Matt. What I stated is the utmost undisputed truth maam, and was an honest answer to his question. Now please answer this question honestly and you will have the answer out of your very own mouth. Does the Bible teach in any passages that God is going to grant salvation to anyone who does not serve Him?
I seriously do not believe you even consider that to be false, but if you do please show the Scripture that God accepts those who choose to worship another god maam.
but if you do please show the Scripture that God accepts those who choose to worship another god maam…not to be disrespectful but the point I was making is (Imo)Jehovah witnesses (the sect) do not own God as “you have to be a Jehovah witness (the sect) or you worship another God.” Worship Him in Spirit…point was what Spirit worships God if not that of the Son, crying Abba Father?…you said to show you a scripture that says one can go be joined to Christ in Life —being once dead in trespasses and sin, now Made Alive unto God how? Romans 7:1-6 Know you not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? [2] For the woman which has an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he lives; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. [3] So then if, while her husband lives, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. [4] Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. [5] For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. [6] But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

What does the above say to you?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel that way too, scientists say we are able to hold more bytes of information than the biggest computers, but my smartphone is infinitely smarter and faster and more irritating than I Bob. I am not sure we have ever discussed age together, I am 68, what is your age sir?
69. Our ages are part of our profile.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but if you do please show the Scripture that God accepts those who choose to worship another god maam…not to be disrespectful but the point I was making is (Imo)Jehovah witnesses (the sect) do not own God as “you have to be a Jehovah witness (the sect) or you worship another God.” Worship Him in Spirit…point was what Spirit worships God if not that of the Son, crying Abba Father?…you said to show you a scripture that says one can go be joined to Christ in Life —being once dead in trespasses and sin, now Made Alive unto God how? Romans 7:1-6 Know you not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? [2] For the woman which has an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he lives; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. [3] So then if, while her husband lives, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. [4] Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. [5] For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. [6] But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

What does the above say to you?

That you have to obey the gospel in order to have life maam. You have to serve God by Christian law, including associating with God's people at His house Isa 2:2,3; Heb 10:24,25

God's people are easily identified by Scripture, I would be happy to discuss that with you, but ultimately it is your choice. God identifies the path, but you choose to get on that road or not. Interestingly you don't even have to make a choice to be on the broad road, sadly it is the default road.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
69. Our ages are part of our profile.

I told you I was a moron Bob, I look at that to see if the poster is a male or female if I cannot tell, so I can call them sir or maam. I guess I never really noticed that before even though it is right next to it. You taught me something again today Bob

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That you have to obey the gospel in order to have life maam. You have to serve God by Christian law, including associating with God's people at His house Isa 2:2,3; Heb 10:24,25

God's people are easily identified by Scripture, I would be happy to discuss that with you, but ultimately it is your choice. God identifies the path, but you choose to get on that road or not. Interestingly you don't even have to make a choice to be on the broad road, sadly it is the default road.

thank you for responding. I’ve always thought disciple means: learner. “A student” Christ said “learn of Me” for the sake that He will show you the Father. You may think I’m stuck on that meaning Jesus Christ is God …but I’m not. To me that simply means His attributes were of the Father. Way different than the norm. It has helped because when people tell me: this is God…and those attributes do not line up with what Jesus Christ displayed of His Father …to me that is what if you have seen Me you have seen Him who sent Me…helps with.

So I thought that was what the title of this thread meant “learners”, “a student” instead it seems to be: to recruit converts for the Kingdom Hall. Personally I don’t think you are on the broad road and going to hell because this is what you believe. but it does put a wall up (Imo) between you and I; where if I don’t assemble at the Kingdom Hall and recruit others to assemble (making disciples) students: then I’m on the broad road. Erected Walls? I thought Christ came to tear down those walls? I’m just trying to be honest about where I’m at concerning whether I’m interested or not in assembling …or becoming a student …a learner… of y’alls theology? No thanks. For me any one can adopt a title of “Jehovah witness”, or “Latter day saints of Jesus Christ”, …I could adopt the title of “ark bearer” and start recruiting. I guess it is like naming a store after what your selling inside.

I’ve lost track of how you and I got on this conversation. It was because of your comment against Mormons saying if they have Jesus Christ in their name then they serve another God…is that correct? My question then is “Jehovah witnesses” what exactly are they witnessing? Who is “the faithful and true witness”? Who is “the beginning of the creation of God”?
Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
@Robert Gwin. I don’t know how you all see “the beginning of the creation of God” for instance if you think that passage speaks of Christ. Your topic is to make disciples…to me that passage speaks of “I will reprove,” and discipline…” disciple? so it is important to me to see who is speaking there. “The beginning of the creation of God.” Is there any doubt who is the beginning of the creation of God? Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
1 Corinthians 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

It is important to me because of who is speaking in “the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God.” The beginning of the creation of God says …I will spit you out of my mouth. Is there any question who says “I will spit you out of my mouth”? …Because you say “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing.” And you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. Who advises “counsels”…again disciple… “buy of me gold refined by fire so that you become rich and white garments so that you may be clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed, and eye salve
To anoint your eyes so you may see.

who says “those whom I love, I reprove and discipline. Therefore repent . Who says “behold I stand at the door and knock —whoever opens the door I will come in and sup (dine), him with me and me with him? Is “the beginning of The creation of God” still speaking? “The firstfruits” “preeminence”
“The firstborn from the dead” Yea? Revelation 3:21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Point is “the faithful and true witness” “the beginning of The creation of God” also spoke
Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls.
^as The beginning of the creation of God says in that passage in Revelation “those I love I reprove and discipline. Does this show the Father? Hebrews 12:5-11 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: [6] For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and scourges every son whom he receives. [7] If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chastens not? [8] But if you be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are you bastards, and not sons. [9] Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? [10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. [11] Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Jehovah witnesses…how is “the faithful and true witness” “the beginning of the creation of God” …another God? Can you explain to me how the beginning of the creation of God is serving another God?

Last edited: