Jesus left us with the assignment to make disciples,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus left us with the assignment to make disciples, which in turn made disciples, which in turn made disciples until the work of spreading the good news of the Kingdom would reach the entire earth. Mat 28:19,20; 24:14

Since the end is not yet, there are disciples still here performing that assignment. Rejection of those disciples is the same as rejecting the one who sent them. When one of Jesus' disciples reach you, you have been reached correct? God's responsibility for your salvation ends at that point, and the responsibility falls upon you to determine if that individual brings you God's word or not Acts 17:11

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus left us with the assignment to make disciples, which in turn made disciples, which in turn made disciples until the work of spreading the good news of the Kingdom would reach the entire earth. Mat 28:19,20; 24:14

Since the end is not yet, there are disciples still here performing that assignment. Rejection of those disciples is the same as rejecting the one who sent them. When one of Jesus' disciples reach you, you have been reached correct? God's responsibility for your salvation ends at that point, and the responsibility falls upon you to determine if that individual brings you God's word or not Acts 17:11
The only people who knock on my door are Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only people who knock on my door are Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.

I see Mormons out, but have yet to have one knock on my door. You must live in a sizable city Bob. We have about a thousand in my town. I have seen them going door to door though, and spoke to them a little on occasion. I have great respect for them.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Mormons out, but have yet to have one knock on my door. You must live in a sizable city Bob. We have about a thousand in my town. I have seen them going door to door though, and spoke to them a little on occasion. I have great respect for them.
Reno-Sparks is close to 500,000.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just spent over a week chatting with a “Mormon”: me. It’s a night & day different faith than JW. If you ever want to chat more, feel free to give me a shout out. But I’m not interested in JW recruitment or scripture ping pong.

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just spent over a week chatting with a “Mormon”: me. It’s a night & day different faith than JW. If you ever want to chat more, feel free to give me a shout out. But I’m not interested in JW recruitment or scripture ping pong.

I respect your faith because it's adherents live the faith. We worship different God's however maam, I worship the God of Jesus, and you have chosen to worship Jesus. As I have stated many times, Jehovah forces no one to worship Him, but He did provide His word for those who choose to. I always recommend obedience to Jesus' teaching to worship and serve Jehovah exclusively, Mat 4:10; 22:37; his words not mine.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respect your faith because it's adherents live the faith. We worship different God's however maam, I worship the God of Jesus, and you have chosen to worship Jesus. As I have stated many times, Jehovah forces no one to worship Him, but He did provide His word for those who choose to. I always recommend obedience to Jesus' teaching to worship and serve Jehovah exclusively, Mat 4:10; 22:37; his words not mine.
(Taking a DEEP breath of self-control here. And then another dozen plus).

Please don't comment on my beliefs: you know nothing about them.

And frankly, I've never met a JW who remotely cares beyond wether or not I follow the WatchTower (though they phrase it as "follow the Bible"). I'm fed up with being as an object they need to save from death threats ("stop a person from running off the cliff", "break their arm to save them", "get on the boat or drown!", "Armageddon is coming the wicked will be destroyed!", etc). I'd much rather be treated as a thinking actual person.

If you're the exception to the above trend, that'd be great. But I'm not going to comment on the subject of JW beliefs/practices any further-- I find them to be a twisted abusive mockery of the Bible and God. My self control has reached it's max on that subject.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Taking a DEEP breath of self-control here. And then another dozen plus).

Please don't comment on my beliefs: you know nothing about them.

And frankly, I've never met a JW who remotely cares beyond wether or not I follow the WatchTower (though they phrase it as "follow the Bible"). I'm fed up with being as an object they need to save from death threats ("stop a person from running off the cliff", "break their arm to save them", "get on the boat or drown!", "Armageddon is coming the wicked will be destroyed!", etc). I'd much rather be treated as a thinking actual person.

If you're the exception to the above trend, that'd be great. But I'm not going to comment on the subject of JW beliefs/practices any further-- I find them to be a twisted abusive mockery of the Bible and God. My self control has reached it's max on that subject.

You do not call your faith the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints for nothing maam. What I stated is fact. If you do not believe what your faith teaches I cannot help that, but the Mormon faith believes that Jesus is God, and worship him as such. Now I am willing to look at any evidence you have to the contrary for sure, and if I am in error you will certainly get an apology.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not call your faith the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints for nothing maam. What I stated is fact. If you do not believe what your faith teaches I cannot help that, but the Mormon faith believes that Jesus is God, and worship him as such. Now I am willing to look at any evidence you have to the contrary for sure, and if I am in error you will certainly get an apology.
I am running very low on patience here, so will respond via PM.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am running very low on patience here, so will respond via PM.

Will respond Jane, and monitor for as soon as possible replies, usually here by 7-8:30 each morning, so I will monitor your responses during that time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I need to be Jehovah witness to be saved by Jehovah? Or am I saved by Jesus Christ and faith in Him and to love Yahweh (Jehovah) and love others in agape love?

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that makes you a moron.

Pretty simple statement, and I failed to understand what you said. I will give you an example of my being a moron, and you will not believe this sir, I believe I was Divinely protected yesterday. I had to go have some tires mounted yesterday, so I put one of those racks on the back of the car, that slide into the receiver. It is a hair over 20 miles to the shop, I secured the tires well and went to the shop. The mechanic put one of my straps on the front floorboard, but I did not see the other one, he had it strapped to my rack and the tow tab on the vehicle, well I took it off and drove home. When I went to take off the rack, I did not have a pin securing it, I drove 40+miles with an unsecured rack slid into my 2" receiver. Now you tell me am I a moron or not? Now I cannot find the pin nor my keys for it either, the only thing I can figure I must have set them on the rack and they fell off. I am hoping they turn up. Yes sir, I am definitely a moron. But hopefully a lovable moron :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re not a Moron and don’t be so hard on yourself, Robert. You’re a very intelligent person who was created by God. There are times in my prayer life I tell God (Yahweh/Jehovah)I know I’m crazy sometimes and people probably see me as such, but help me to remember I’m not better than no one and help keep me lowly by the Holy Spirit and I always talk to him and when done I say in Jesus name.

Love you brother, and hope you are encouaged.

Reactions: amadeus

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one of Jesus' disciples reach you, you have been reached correct?
Only if the testimony of the Holy Spirit is being delivered through that worker.

God's responsibility for your salvation ends at that point, and the responsibility falls upon you to determine if that individual brings you God's word or not Acts 17:11
Huh?
How is it a person's responsibility to determine if another person brings you God's word?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I need to be Jehovah witness to be saved by Jehovah? Or am I saved by Jesus Christ and faith in Him and to love Yahweh (Jehovah) and love others in agape love?

You have to be one of Jehovah's witnesses Matt. There is no evidence in the Bible that would indicate otherwise, correct? You said it yourself in your letter to me in which you stated the two main commandments for Christians, what indicates to you that you can bear testimony for any other God than Jehovah and be saved? This is a serious question Matt.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re not a Moron and don’t be so hard on yourself, Robert. You’re a very intelligent person who was created by God. There are times in my prayer life I tell God (Yahweh/Jehovah)I know I’m crazy sometimes and people probably see me as such, but help me to remember I’m not better than no one and help keep me lowly by the Holy Spirit and I always talk to him and when done I say in Jesus name.

Love you brother, and hope you are encouaged.

Thank you Matt, that was very encouraging sir. I believe I am in the early stages of Alzheimer's which I call old timers. At first it is funny to make light of it, but what I did the other day could have resulted in serious injury to others. When one does something like that, there is definitely a problem. It is just one of those thorns in the flesh that we all have to contend with, until the Kingdom of God comes of course.