Jesus left us with the assignment to make disciples,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange, I believe we have been discussing love of neighbor correct? That is scriptural, but you are indicating that teaching others to observe all the things Jesus commanded Mat 28:20 is not the greatest act of love one can do. I ask you for Scriptural evidence as to why you think providing a meal, or associating with one of another faith is more important than their everlasting well being? It may be that you truly do not know what love is, do you have children Jane?
I’m going to be VERY direct here:

The story of the Good Samirtan itself is one helping across faith lines. ALL are our neighbors, and we are commanded to love and help them. The priest and the Levi who left the man there were preoccupied in saving their own tail. And whomever seeks to save his own life looses it.

Your cycling friend isn’t a spiritual assassin or “bad association”, he’s your caring friend. You should see him as such and NEVER teach anyone that he is some type of boogie man “bad association” because he’s of another faith.

Preach from the spot of LOVE and FAITH. Not fear based death threats. Especially not implied death threats against children- that’s disgusting.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m going to be VERY direct here:

The story of the Good Samirtan itself is one helping across faith lines. ALL are our neighbors, and we are commanded to love and help them. The priest and the Levi who left the man there were preoccupied in saving their own tail. And whomever seeks to save his own life looses it.

Your cycling friend isn’t a spiritual assassin or “bad association”, he’s your caring friend. You should see him as such and NEVER teach anyone that he is some type of boogie man “bad association” because he’s of another faith.

Preach from the spot of LOVE and FAITH. Not fear based death threats. Especially not implied death threats against children- that’s disgusting.

Let me be even more direct, God chose to include it in His words, we choose either to obey it or not. Do you honestly believe God's word is not in your best interest maam? Why would anyone choose to have close associations who would try to pull them out of serving God? Jesus didn't, I won't. Jesus came here primarily to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God to those of his faith, Luke 4:43. Before he left he gave his disciples the command to bear testimony about him to the ends of the earth Acts 1:8. And shortly after he returned to heaven he commissioned Paul to be an apostle to the nations Rom 11:13,14. Do you have love enough to obey Mat 28:19,20 since you state you do not obey 1 Cor 15:33?

Love is proved by action maam.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one of Jesus' disciples reach you, you have been reached correct?
Hmmm, maybe. It depends.

There is a political theory that actually applies to any controversial idea. Given that one holds a false or bad or incorrect idea, it takes them time to be repeatedly exposed to a better idea before accepting that idea. The theory states it takes 20 interactions to persuade someone and you never know where you are on the spectrum of the 20 touch points.

From this political theory, I developed the thick skin to not take it personally if someone does not embrace a good idea but still holds to an obviously worse idea. In Christianity, this is called planting seeds. Our job is to plant seeds. It is the Spirit of God's job to get those seeds to take root.

So, going back to your question, did the disciples of Jesus meet me once or dozens of times before I "saw the light?" Probably the latter. And I think Pauls letter to the Corintheans shows in Scripture people do need to be reached more than once. Perhaps an even better example is Jesus walking with the Apostles for 3 years and they did not get it until after the resurrection.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me be even more direct, God chose to include it in His words, we choose either to obey it or not. Do you honestly believe God's word is not in your best interest maam? Why would anyone choose to have close associations who would try to pull them out of serving God? Jesus didn't, I won't. Jesus came here primarily to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God to those of his faith, Luke 4:43. Before he left he gave his disciples the command to bear testimony about him to the ends of the earth Acts 1:8. And shortly after he returned to heaven he commissioned Paul to be an apostle to the nations Rom 11:13,14. Do you have love enough to obey Mat 28:19,20 since you state you do not obey 1 Cor 15:33?

Love is proved by action maam.
Once again, you’re following a twisted interpretation of those verses and blantely ignoring everything I’ve said.

This is getting very repetitive.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, maybe. It depends.

There is a political theory that actually applies to any controversial idea. Given that one holds a false or bad or incorrect idea, it takes them time to be repeatedly exposed to a better idea before accepting that idea. The theory states it takes 20 interactions to persuade someone and you never know where you are on the spectrum of the 20 touch points.

From this political theory, I developed the thick skin to not take it personally if someone does not embrace a good idea but still holds to an obviously worse idea. In Christianity, this is called planting seeds. Our job is to plant seeds. It is the Spirit of God's job to get those seeds to take root.

So, going back to your question, did the disciples of Jesus meet me once or dozens of times before I "saw the light?" Probably the latter. And I think Pauls letter to the Corintheans shows in Scripture people do need to be reached more than once. Perhaps an even better example is Jesus walking with the Apostles for 3 years and they did not get it until after the resurrection.

I would say that you are very correct that it takes many times of meeting to make a disciple Wrangler. But I certainly stand on the fact that once one of God's people reaches you, God has fulfilled His responsibility toward you. But there is nothing in the Bible to indicate that once you are reached with a seed of truth, that is all there is. Paul said I planted, Apollos watered, so yes it is extremely rare that once reached a person instantly becomes a disciple. The point I was making is, God's responsibility ends once you are reached, from that point on, it is on your own personal shoulders.

Keep in mind as well once Jesus invited those apostles to follow him, they did so instantly, take note of the account found at Mat 19:16-23. What an invitation to have turned down.

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you’re following a twisted interpretation of those verses and blantely ignoring everything I’ve said.

This is getting very repetitive.
You say, yet you give no example, give an example of Scripture twisting maam

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly stand on the fact that once one of God's people reaches you, God has fulfilled His responsibility toward you.

Jesus did not ask Peter once if he loved him. He did not say to forgive once. God created, then recreated via Noah then created a 3rd time through Jesus. Scripture is filled with multiple attempts on God’s part.

I think you are confusing the responsibility, not to merely throw to the wind, but to plant seeds. It is not God's responsibility but ours.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not ask Peter once if he loved him. He did not say to forgive once. God created, then recreated via Noah then created a 3rd time through Jesus. Scripture is filled with multiple attempts on God’s part.

I think you are confusing the responsibility, not to merely throw to the wind, but to plant seeds. It is not God's responsibility but ours.

Perhaps you have children Wrangler, as a dad you would never require something from your children that you had not instructed them to do, and if you are a loving parent you would not require something from them they were incapable of doing. According to the Bible few are saved, why? God sends His people with those seeds of truth to others, and He has His written word, and based on your capabilities those saved are saved by their obedience to His laws sir. A God who has established Himself in a family way as being a Father, has the same responsibility toward His children as do you. If He does not instruct us how to do something, then to be a God of Justice, He would have no account to call those wicked who did not obey Him. That is really all there is to say about it, I hope you understand.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you have children Wrangler, as a dad you would never ...A God who has established Himself in a family way as being a Father, has the same responsibility toward His children as do you.

I was thinking the same way. No responsible parent would only tell their child once not to run into the street and then blame the child if they disobey from that one admonition.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking the same way. No responsible parent would only tell their child once not to run into the street and then blame the child if they disobey from that one admonition.

And Jehovah does not either, how many times have you been reached by His witnesses sir? Once a person is reached however, keep in mind that God judges on capability (Mat 25:14-30) like Beretta says you got the ball. His responsibility to reach to His satisfaction all is over, the responsibility now becomes yours to accept His offer to be taught to observe all the things Jesus commanded Mat 28:20. Most will be given the opportunity many times as you have been Wangler, but when it comes down to the time period for action, then it is too late and there are no excuses. 2 Thes 1:8,9 point blank states that when Jesus returns those who do not know God, or obey the gospel will be destroyed. Now is the time to take action correct?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Robert Gwin , sorry for the long delay in my response. Myself and the entire family got covid and the conversation was one of the many things that just didn't get addressed for a while.

Apologize being said, this conversation was/is also reaching it's end. The more we talk... frankly you're just showing me more and more evidence against the Watchtower, showing it as an abusive anti-Biblical fear-based cult. Sorry for the strong language here, but I got to call it as it is. Still, I respect your right to believe whatever it is you do believe-- that's your right. And as you seemingly don't care what I believe beyond trying to get me to accept the abusive Watchtower as legitimate, something I could no more do than accepting a wife-beater as a good husband-- it's foundationally unacceptable. I do admire your personal honesty, and hope that you ever grow closer to God and greater feel His love.

Reactions: Wrangler

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus left us with the assignment to make disciples, which in turn made disciples, which in turn made disciples until the work of spreading the good news of the Kingdom would reach the entire earth. Mat 28:19,20; 24:14

Since the end is not yet, there are disciples still here performing that assignment. Rejection of those disciples is the same as rejecting the one who sent them. When one of Jesus' disciples reach you, you have been reached correct? God's responsibility for your salvation ends at that point, and the responsibility falls upon you to determine if that individual brings you God's word or not Acts 17:11

Yes. Discipleship is good. Yes, Verify. Yes, Beware of False teachers.
In the mood of the current World, on a broad scale: False teachers are busy controlling the microphone and Silencing the Word of God.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all doing better now :) There was just a week where we were all feeling miserable and nothing got done.
I had it bad last December. For a week, when I walked, say into the kitchen to make a cup of tea, I had to rest once I got there. Same with taking a shower. I had to rest before shaving afterwards. It was as though I had no lung capacity.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are all doing better now :) There was just a week where we were all feeling miserable and nothing got done.
Me and my son have covid at the moment, it’s a bit like that here at the moment !!!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Robert Gwin , sorry for the long delay in my response. Myself and the entire family got covid and the conversation was one of the many things that just didn't get addressed for a while.

Apologize being said, this conversation was/is also reaching it's end. The more we talk... frankly you're just showing me more and more evidence against the Watchtower, showing it as an abusive anti-Biblical fear-based cult. Sorry for the strong language here, but I got to call it as it is. Still, I respect your right to believe whatever it is you do believe-- that's your right. And as you seemingly don't care what I believe beyond trying to get me to accept the abusive Watchtower as legitimate, something I could no more do than accepting a wife-beater as a good husband-- it's foundationally unacceptable. I do admire your personal honesty, and hope that you ever grow closer to God and greater feel His love.

I am so sorry you fell ill to Covid Jane, as we move forward in this system no doubt more pestilences will arise. It is a dreadful disease for sure, I hope you all fared well and have no lingering affects from it.

I find many talk to me about a Watchtower, which is not part of my vocabulary. I find when people show little respect for the Bible's message they tend to resort to that as they are not able to make full proof of their ministry. The Bible is divisive maam, Jesus said it can even make enemies from members of our own household. We are used to it though, and those of us who seek the Kingdom first in our lives, who put Jehovah first of course are saddened by it, but we know we cannot force anyone to stand on Jehovah's side of the issue. And in reality that is not our job as Christians, that is between them and God. We plant seeds of truth from the Bible, and if you are an individual who is rightly disposed, those seeds will take root. I would love to see you take hold of the Bible's message and run with it, but also realize that since God chose to include in His inspired Scriptures that few would accept it, I must accept that you may not take to it. Yes, it hurts me to a degree, but I take comfort in the fact that you are simply one more person who Jehovah gave the opportunity to, through me Jane. Heck, because you are opposed now, does not mean that God's words of truth will not take root in the near future. So we keep right on planting those seeds, until when? Until God says our work is finished Mat 24:14

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Discipleship is good. Yes, Verify. Yes, Beware of False teachers.
In the mood of the current World, on a broad scale: False teachers are busy controlling the microphone and Silencing the Word of God.

Amen to that Taken. We can take heart though sir, God promises that He is going to destroy babylon through the Kings of the earth, how I personally look forward to that day when He sends them:
(Ecclesiastes 9:5-10) . . .For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun. 7 Go, eat your food with rejoicing, and drink your wine with a cheerful heart, for already the true God has found pleasure in your works. 8 May your clothing always be white, and do not fail to put oil on your head. 9 Enjoy life with your beloved wife all the days of your futile life, which He has given you under the sun, all the days of your futility, for that is your lot in life and in your hard work at which you toil under the sun. 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

God goes on to say to those who are a part of her now to:
(Revelation 18:4-8) . . .“Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. 6 Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.

Reactions: Taken

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so sorry you fell ill to Covid Jane, as we move forward in this system no doubt more pestilences will arise. It is a dreadful disease for sure, I hope you all fared well and have no lingering affects from it.

I find many talk to me about a Watchtower, which is not part of my vocabulary. I find when people show little respect for the Bible's message they tend to resort to that as they are not able to make full proof of their ministry. The Bible is divisive maam, Jesus said it can even make enemies from members of our own household. We are used to it though, and those of us who seek the Kingdom first in our lives, who put Jehovah first of course are saddened by it, but we know we cannot force anyone to stand on Jehovah's side of the issue. And in reality that is not our job as Christians, that is between them and God. We plant seeds of truth from the Bible, and if you are an individual who is rightly disposed, those seeds will take root. I would love to see you take hold of the Bible's message and run with it, but also realize that since God chose to include in His inspired Scriptures that few would accept it, I must accept that you may not take to it. Yes, it hurts me to a degree, but I take comfort in the fact that you are simply one more person who Jehovah gave the opportunity to, through me Jane. Heck, because you are opposed now, does not mean that God's words of truth will not take root in the near future. So we keep right on planting those seeds, until when? Until God says our work is finished Mat 24:14
No means no.

Your pushing it, insults to my person, blind stereotypes, and blatant manipulation attacks don’t change that answer. Your behavior is that of an abuser, not a Christian. Stop.