Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh me too, don't get me wrong, every word in the Lex was God-Breathed imo. To someone.

depends on your def of "Scripture" i guess; if the KJV is deemed "Bible" and "Scripture," then no imo; talents are not natural abilities, and etc. Easter is a pagan goddess of fertility. Both are in the Bible, neither are in any Scripture that i know of
i agree, they are serving God too, as hard as that might be to understand. We still have the originals in faithful copies imo, and Easter is not in them. It seems strange to me that God would will for ppl to observe/worship Ishtar, but they have a Lex too, should they ever want to askseekknock. God sends strong delusions too!

BTW bbyrd009 I have been familiar with the pagan story of where"Easter"derives for sometime now. And I prefer the original word Passover... I know that not EVERY word in the Bible was spoken FROM God. The scriptures record the speech of hundreds of different people. Some spoke FOR Him and some spoke AGAINST Him. But if our God is all knowing, all powerful... and IS LOVE-would He allow one single written word (ex:Easter) to mislead us into damnation?
I think of these scriptures from the bible, and others:

We also constantly give thanks to God for this, that when you received the word of God that you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word but as what it really is, God's word, which is also at work in you believers (1 Thessalonians 2:13).

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away (Matthew 24:35).

For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me (John 17:8)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, define Scripture. Does Scripture mean Bible, English Bible? Then no, as we have already discovered. At the time all writing was considered Scripture, unless it was specifically discredited i guess; but we have invented fiction since then, which a person of that era would not even understand

Sigh. I'm tired, Lol...even to make my font green. Touche Mark...can't even remember the OP anymore, lol,
Bless you,
-nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry this post has caused so much commotion!

Not at all. We all need something to post about. Haha! What would we have had to discuss if we hadn't had your post? :D

Just think how many posts it generated today. xxx

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sigh. I'm tired, Lol...even to make my font green.

Good. :)
I find it a bit hard to read anyway! lol And I know Amadeus's eyes are worse than mine are.
Have a rest...I am sure we will be here when you wake up.
( esp as I don't believe in the rapture :D )

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what's this thread all about?

A bit of a mixture and a few rabbit holes to explore.
APAK holds it together...but a few of us went to the rabbit hole about 'the Word' of God....bouncing off a post of Nancy's.

:D

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. We all need something to post about. Haha! What would we have had to discuss if we hadn't had your post? :D

Just think how many posts it generated today. xxx

HBE would have kept you all busy, lol!

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not me...I am not reading him any more...too long and likes the sound of his own voice too much. He 'preaches' AT us, not TO us.

I know, he must get a bit lonely...well, maybe nit cause he sure has a ton of replies! o_O

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good. :)
I find it a bit hard to read anyway! lol And I know Amadeus's eyes are worse than mine are.
Have a rest...I am sure we will be here when you wake up.
( esp as I don't believe in the rapture :D )
Ah but if we do have the "eyes to see" of which Jesus spoke how blind can we be?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah but if we do have the "eyes to see" of which Jesus spoke how blind can we be?

True word indeed John. :)

But one post this morning in the lighter green I could not read at all..I even tried squinting and lowering the brightness on my lap top...but I still couldn't read it...the bottom half of the post was in a little darker green, still hard to read, but I did read that part.

Well I'm hoping that as my outer eyes decrease, the inner eyes increase :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True word indeed John. :)

But one post this morning in the lighter green I could not read at all..I even tried squinting and lowering the brightness on my lap top...but I still couldn't read it...the bottom half of the post was in a little darker green, still hard to read, but I did read that part.

Well I'm hoping that as my outer eyes decrease, the inner eyes increase :D
When I really want to read it and it is seemingly illegible because of size or color, simply quote as if you are going to reply to it. Then "select it" and change the size and color. It is a lot of trouble, but if you really want to read it is one possibility. You still do not have to actually reply to it.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I really want to read it and it is seemingly illegible because of size or color, simply quote as if you are going to reply to it. Then "select it" and change the size and color. It is a lot of trouble, but if you really want to read it is one possibility. You still do not have to actually reply to it.

Good thought...thank you...I never thought of that! It seems obvious now that you say it. :)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Emmanuel God with us, no one can come to the Father but through Emmanuel, God with us, you need to understand that he is incarnate as the word of God to Man and the Holy Spirit and only does the will of the Father, who is one in the same.
Fact is no one can come to know God and they never did until he came, all people were lost before Jesus came and he is the one, that Holy Moses said of will come and it can not happen any other way.

If you do not believe in the Trinity then you are lost and could follow stupid crap like idolising so called Jews and so called Israel.
True Israel is True Christianity and Jesus is the King of Israel, if one follows the so called Jews that means they reject Jesus Christ and such are Anti-Christ and fact is they will go to hell. they are the ones who say lord lord doing stupid ignorant mans works.

It's all about Jesus is Christ, he is our Lord and Saviour and without him you don't have a leg to stand on. like a dog going back to it's vomit.
The Problem is with the religious ? Jesus never came for religion, he came and destroyed religion, the Jews were using religion as their tool and that's why the morons wanted to kill Jesus, they did not want salvation because it's nonsense to carnal men and Jesus was exposing them for what they truly were, of there Father the Devil, they had Destroyed the tribe of Israel and the Tribe of Judah from within, with their cunning tempting and lies and killed all the Prophets of God.

There is no religion ! there is only they who abide in Jesus first and foremost in there lives, religion can not cut that, because it adds on to with gibberish.
If it's not abiding in Jesus, then such will be burnt up, so it's Jesus first then all that is abiding in Jesus is the way and the Truth.
Jesus is the Holy Spirit so abide in him, it's he who is the wellspring.
The Jews who turned their backs on God never had a hope, history proved they failed ever time they turned from God and when Jesus came the ones who rejected him were lost and the fact is not all the Jews were lost, the real Jews knew who Jesus truly was, as Holy Moses said they would.
Nathaniel was a true Israel and he knew who Jesus was and Jesus said that he was a true Israel.

Just wanted to comment that you seem very angry with national Israel, and I expect you believe in replacement theology - tell me if I'm wrong. The curses still apply to all who curse national Israel, so beware. And even though they are still rejecting Him, God is actively working to fulfill prophecy in them. Making them a nation again in 1948, restoring Jerusalem to them in 1967, and Jerusalem being recognized by America as the capital of Israel 70 years after becoming a nation. The fact is, according to Romans 11, their punishment of partial blindness will not last forever. During the last 7 years before Christ returns, no more Gentiles will be saved, and national Israel will turn to their Messiah and join the Church, Christ's Bride, where all of those living at that time will be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.