Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just caught @bbyrd009 question above to @amadeus

So it caused me to go back to the original quote.
Obviously I cannot agree..

"ONLY scripture is the Word?!!" No way.
I was too quick in checking my simple "like" to the poster without really getting into what she was saying or quoting.

I know for truth because once in my lifetime I have heard the audible voice of the Lord. He did not speak a scripture. Just one line, but it was not scripture. It shook the house, the bedroom, and the bed.

Many of us speak of " the Lord speaking to us, showing us things etc"
It is not always "in scripture" ...often it is, but often it is not. Yet it is the word of the Lord.

And the biggest argument is the there is One Word...and He is alive and well.
He spoke the worlds into being...and He is called The Word Of God. :)

Agree? x
I confess, I did not read the whole article.
I also did not read it or I would not have left it until being stirred up by our good friend @bbyrd009

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God hears especially the fervent prayers, but if we are simply faithful to pray, I believe that He stills hears us. We may not hear an immediate or clear answer but that does not mean that there is none. Sometimes the apparent lack of an answer is the answer that God wants us to deal with...

Words from deep in our heart to God are certainly something to speak to God, but sometimes we have to go with what we have. God understands all of our frailties. He certainly understands it when while our hearts seem to be so empty, we continue to speak to Him because we remember how much He has done for us. Don't quit no matter what.

For me every morning, first thing when I get up is my special time for and with God. I've been doing it daily for so long if anything interferes with it I cannot even do the routines of the day comfortably until I have taken the time... even if I am running very late.

I can recall times when I have messed up badly with God and was ashamed to come before Him. Ashamed, yes, but long ago I learned to deal with those times and those feelings: Never quit no matter what it is or why it is. Talk to God anyway. Our God does understand and in the worst of times He still loves us. To quit is to surrender to the enemy of God who is always hanging around wanting to regain his lost dominion in you or in me.

Give God the glory!

Agreed. Thank you for the encouragement Amadeus! God Bless you and yours!
-nancy

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know for truth because once in my lifetime I have heard the audible voice of the Lord. He did not speak a scripture. Just one line, but it was not scripture. It shook the house, the bedroom, and the bed.

It is not always "in scripture" ...often it is, but often it is not. Yet it is the word of the Lord.

Agree? x

Lol Helen, I agree with what you said above. I'm pretty sure I was trying to show that Gods Word IS Jesus but, all of the words written in the Bible are God Breathed/or inspired.
Wow, you did some searching to find that OP!...lol

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok i get you, i use 'like' the same way sometimes myself

GodsGrace and I need you in another thread...did you see our tags?
In the Confession thread that Aspen started.
We need your 'take' on our comments there.
So get your hiney over there, if you haven't already done so....pretty please.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree? x

Yes Helen, I definitely agree, what I posted was referring to the scriptures being God breathed/inspired...at least that was the point I was trying to make...and YES "The Word" IS Jesus Himself...I do believe all of that. Hmm, I better look up the post I responded to and read it again...could of sworn I was responding to a "Reggie" post. Maybe I should stop posting when I have gotten hardly any sleep for a month, lol!!
-Nancy

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
could of sworn I was responding to a "Reggie" post. Maybe I should stop posting when I have gotten hardly any sleep for a month, lol!!
-Nancy

Oh you could well have been replying to Reggie ...but this Site is "open season" and we all jump in any place any time :D LOL

I know what you mean about being tired. Even last night I woke up every hour, some time less...some nights I can't sleep until 3 am.
So, in the evening when I am on here, I find it hard to take in what I am reading.
Not sure which thread...but last night I found my self writing a post to someone...yet I had "quoted" a totally different person!! :D!!
Then I know it is time to shut shop on the laptop.

Bless you, and speedy healing.
But does that mean that you will then be too busy to post on here? :(

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Greek word translated as “breathed out” in 2 Timothy 3:16 istheopneustos, and Scripture is the only thing described as such by the Apostles. Thus, Scripture has a unique character as the voice and words of the Lord. It uniquely serves as God’s special revelation, as His inspired and revealed will for His people. Nothing else today is theopneustos, so we can point to nothing but Scripture as the Word of God."

I looked up theopneustos in Strongs, Vines and Helps concordances/expository and HELPS Word-studies...all say the same...see? You got me to studying! lol. Just my nickel :)
https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/god-breathed-scripture/

@amadeus so you're agreeing with this?

I was just trying to point out that ALL scripture is God breathed. And YES, I do know that Jesus is The Word...that is why we need to FEED on His word daily and meditate on it. I was simply looking for something to explain it better than I could. As for the rest of that link, I honestly did not understand some of it but only went with what I was looking for. Sorry this post has caused so much commotion!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh you could well have been replying to Reggie ...but this Site is "open season" and we all jump in any place any time :D LOL

I know what you mean about being tired. Even last night I woke up every hour, some time less...some nights I can't sleep until 3 am.
So, in the evening when I am on here, I find it hard to take in what I am reading.
Not sure which thread...but last night I found my self writing a post to someone...yet I had "quoted" a totally different person!! :D!!
Then I know it is time to shut shop on the laptop.

Bless you, and speedy healing.
But does that mean that you will then be too busy to post on here? :(

"But does that mean that you will then be too busy to post on here? :([/QUOTE]
Lol Helen, you are such a dolly (heart :)) I will never be too busy to check in here daily, I am loving this forum and am learning many things I never knew or thought of before! Thank you for your kind words!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I was just trying to point out that ALL scripture is God breathed.
well, we have diff defs of the term "Scripture" at the moment, i understand you to mean "the Bible," and fwiw i certainly agree that the Bible was God~Breathed, and Word to the one that heard It. But i guess no one heard "Easter," yet Easter is in your "Word."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I honestly did not understand some of it
i get you, and i don't mean to say that the guy is completely wrong or anything, or that nothing could be learned from him; the "God-Breathed" part i like, but then he immediately negates the necessary "breath" in the next para seems to me.

His logic chain apparently goes "Word requires breath; God breathed It, and some inspired person wrote it down. Now some other guys came along later and decided whether it should be included in the "canon" or not, and some other guys translated it into English for us to read, but nevermind all that, Every Word in the Bible is Straight from God's Mouth to Your Ear."

most of it is unsupportable i guess, and you can even read the first para where the guy acknowledges understanding the nature of "Word" before he falls off a cliff and starts (essentially) commending "Easter" too; but see, "Easter" is Word to him, and "Scripture" means "only Bible" to him too. And imo he is not evil or being deliberately deceptive; he is just deceived, playing oracle, making statements of belief as if they were Absolute Truths--generally a dead giveaway--and not even trying to support the statements with the Bible, bc he cannot. i mean you gotta believe that if he had any support for his "Apostles" statement he would have Quoted it.

"Plenary inspiration means that all the words of Scripture are given by God, not just some of them."
hoist by his own petard, see. His arg for "Easter" is surely "God (the RCC, to him) changed it."
"Paul says all Scripture—everything received as canon—is God’s Word, not just select portions of it (2 Tim. 3:16)."
Paul was talking about Scripture and not "canon," but this guy needs it to say "canon," so he just added "canon" i guess?

and it's RC Sproul, i teethed on this guy, many years ago, imo he is a great first teacher. Also the sermon this was derived from might be 50 years old, who knows.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, we have diff defs of the term "Scripture" at the moment, i understand you to mean "the Bible," and fwiw i certainly agree that the Bible was God~Breathed, and Word to the one that heard It. But i guess no one heard "Easter," yet Easter is in your "Word."

Semantics. I do not have ONLY the KJV and, Yes, I am sure there many "mistranslations" or it just does not translate that easily. Either way, God says it is His word and I believe He can and WILL get the proper message across regardless of translations! Do you not believe that the SCRIPTURES are God inspired/breathed/directed...? Even in this age? Can man thwart Gods will by so many different translations? I think not. But, then that is JMO.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I believe He can and WILL get the proper message across regardless of translations!
oh me too, don't get me wrong, every word in the Lex was God-Breathed imo. To someone.
Do you not believe that the SCRIPTURES are God inspired/breathed/directed...?
depends on your def of "Scripture" i guess; if the KJV is deemed "Bible" and "Scripture," then no imo; talents are not natural abilities, and etc. Easter is a pagan goddess of fertility. Both are in the Bible, neither are in any Scripture that i know of
Can man thwart Gods will by so many different translations? I think not. But, then that is JMO.
i agree, they are serving God too, as hard as that might be to understand. We still have the originals in faithful copies imo, and Easter is not in them. It seems strange to me that God would will for ppl to observe/worship Ishtar, but they have a Lex too, should they ever want to askseekknock. God sends strong delusions too!

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Answer me this first- Do YOU believe scripture is ALL from God Himself?
well, define Scripture. Does Scripture mean Bible, English Bible? Then no, as we have already discovered. At the time all writing was considered Scripture, unless it was specifically discredited i guess; but we have invented fiction since then, which a person of that era would not even understand

Status
Not open for further replies.