Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I do, and there are two strong contenders: the angels and/or the use of the majesty expression -plurality, or overwhelming dominance.

The former is self-explanatory and the latter means that God Almighty (singular) uses a plural emphasis to emphasized his dominance and overwhelming power in creation. An easy example today would be a King or Queen stating the plurality 'we' when they embark or announce something of importance to their people. This majesty expression was a common expression with the Hebrews and it has been imported into the Western culture thousands of years ago. It is however not a common expression today. And we must read scripture in context in the times it was spoken or written.

So in Genesis 1:26 And God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” (KJV)

Again with more explanation...

Elohim and Adonim, are Hebrew words for God, and occur in the plural. If this literally meant a plurality of persons, it would be translated “Gods.” But the Hebrews/Judahites, being truly monotheistic and thoroughly familiar with the idioms of their own language, have never understood the use of the plural to indicate a plurality of persons within the one God. This use of the plural is for amplification, and is called a “plural of majesty” or a “plural of emphasis,” and is used for intensification. Many Hebrew scholars identify this use of “us” as the use of the plural of majesty or plural of emphasis. This is what I believe.

And from another person concerning the plural of majesty, clearly attested to in writing from royalty through the ages.

Hyndman writes:

"The true explanation of this verse is to be found in the practice which has prevailed in all nations with which we are acquainted, of persons speaking of themselves in the plural number. “Given at our palace,” “It is our pleasure,” are common expressions of kings in their proclamations "

So are we amused yet?:D

Good Day

APAK
You were created by angels? Oh my! How utterly outrageous!

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:42 Protestant version
They continued steadfastly in the “Bible alone”

acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were created by angels? Oh my!

Didn't Jesus say, God is a Spirit? (John 4:24) So the {US} in Genesis includes the angels, since angels are in God's Form.
"Are they not all Spirits for holy service, sent out to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation? (Hebrews 1:14)

You're welcome...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Jesus say, God is a Spirit? (John 4:24) So the {US} in Genesis includes the angels, since angels are in God's Form.
"Are they not all Spirits for holy service, sent out to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation? (Hebrews 1:14)

You're welcome...

you see why the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” causes so many problems and why we need creeds councils dogma and decrees of the holy apostles teaching infallibility with the authority of Christ

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're welcome...
There you go folks. They believe they were created by IMPERFECT angels! Guess the angels made some mistakes!

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go folks. They believe they were created by IMPERFECT angels! Guess the angels made some mistakes!

Aren't angels called sons of the true God?

Genesis 6:2
the sons of the true God began to notice that the daughters of men were beautiful. So they began taking as wives all whom they chose.

Job 1:6
Now the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them.

Job 2:1
Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah.

What does that make Jesus? Didn't Jesus claim that his Father was God?

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't angels called sons of the true God?

Genesis 6:2
the sons of the true God began to notice that the daughters of men were beautiful. So they began taking as wives all whom they chose.

Job 1:6
Now the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them.

Job 2:1
Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah.

What does the make Jesus? Didn't Jesus claim that his Father was God?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the JW's NWT says Jesus is God and Hell fire is eternal, even thought Kingdom Hall tried to hide it!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the NWT says Jesus is God and Hell fire is eternal!

Angels also were created in God's image. Col 1:15 states about Jesus Christ that "He is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of All Creation;"

That's why you think Jesus is God. All angels are in the image of the invisible God. They are Spirits. It's a novice mistake.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:31 his angels
Jn 1:51 his angels
Jn 6:38 came down from heaven

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God gave the commandments only God can change them!

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Only God has this power!

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Only God!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only God!

Duet 32:6
Matt 13:32 25:3-4
Lk 11:2
1 cor 15:24
Duet 6:4-5
Mk 12:29
1 Tim 2:5

Father

Jn 14:16-17
Jn 16:7-14
Acts 5:3-4
Acts 13:2-4
Acts 21:10-11

Son
Lk 1: 76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Jn 1
Jn 20:28
Jn 8:58
Acts 20:28

The Father is God
Ephesians 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Psalm 68:5
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.

Malachi 2:10
Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why then are we faithless to one another, profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Isaiah 63:16
For you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; you, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 8:41
You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.”

1 Thessalonians 3:13
So that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus.

Jesus is God
Isaiah 7:14
All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Matt. 4:7
Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God.

John 1:3
ALL things were made by HIM (Jesus); and without him was not ANY thing made that was made.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30
“I and the Father are one."

John 15:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!”

Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to GOD.

2 Corinthians 4:4
...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Philippians 2:6
...Who [Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Colossians 2:9
...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

The Holy Spirit is God
John 14:16-18
And I will pray the Father, and He will give you *ANOTHER Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
*This word in Greek means, “another of the SAME kind.”

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord IS the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU?

John 14:23
Jesus replied: "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him and WE will come to him and make OUR home with him.

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."

Trinity
It wasn't dogmatically defined until later - but ABSOLUTELY taught in Scripture
(Gen. 1:26, Matt. 28:19, John 15:26, 1 Cor. 12:4-6, 2 Cor. 13:14, 1 John 5:7, Eph. 4:6, Psalm 68:5, Mal. 2:10, Isa. 63:16, 2 Cor. 1:3-4, John 3:16, John 8:41, 1 Thess. 3:13, Isa. 7:14, Isa. 9:6, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 15:9, John 20:28, Acts 5:3-4, 2 Cor. 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Tit. 2:13, John 14:16-18, Luke 12:10, 2 Cor. 3:17, 2 Cor. 13:5, John 14:23, Acts 5:3-4)

Trinity

61 The mystery of the Most Holy Trinity is the central mystery of the Christian faith and of Christian life. God alone can make it known to us by revealing himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

262 The Incarnation of God's Son reveals that God is the eternal Father and that the Son is consubstantial with the Father, which means that, in the Father and with the Father the Son is one and the same God.

263 The mission of the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father in the name of the Son (Jn 14:26) and by the Son "from the Father" (Jn 15:26), reveals that, with them, the Spirit is one and the same God. "With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified" (Nicene Creed).

264 "The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father as the first principle and, by the eternal gift of this to the Son, from the communion of both the Father and the Son" (St. Augustine, De Trin. 15, 26, 47: PL 42, 1095).

265 By the grace of Baptism "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit", we are called to share in the life of the Blessed Trinity, here on earth in the obscurity of faith, and after death in eternal light (cf. Paul VI, CPG § 9).

266 "Now this is the Catholic faith: We worship one God in the Trinity and the Trinity in unity, without either confusing the persons or dividing the substance; for the person of the Father is one, the Son's is another, the Holy Spirit's another; but the Godhead of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal" (Athanasian Creed: DS 75; ND 16).

267 Inseparable in what they are, the divine persons are also inseparable in what they do. But within the single divine operation each shows forth what is proper to him in the Trinity, especially in the divine missions of the Son's Incarnation and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot to add another one to the trinity. (His Angels)

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot to add another one to the trinity. (His Angels)

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

figure of speech
God’s angels that Michael leads

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels also were created in God's image. Col 1:15 states about Jesus Christ that "He is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of All Creation;"

That's why you think Jesus is God. All angels are in the image of the invisible God. They are Spirits. It's a novice mistake.
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!

Gen 1 God said let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness.

Jesus is God!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
figure of speech
God’s angels that Michael leads

Yes, a figure of speech. But none of the trinity is taking on Satan. God sent his messenger to take on Satan. And then we also have Jesus words at (Matthew 26:53)

New King James Version
Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?

Literal Standard Version
do you think that I am not able now to call on My Father, and He will place beside Me more than twelve legions of messengers?

If Jesus is Almighty God then why would he call on someone else to send angels? Many of this forum claim Jesus is the Father in the flesh... so why this major discrepancy?

American Standard Version
I and the Father are one. (John 10:30) Seems to be figurative speech also.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were created by angels? Oh my! How utterly outrageous!
Please stop with your sheer ignorance and childish behaviour. Are you always this argumentive who loves to add words in for other people. You are just embarrassing yourself.

No, we might have an image as the angels, as the angels have an image of the Creator, as we have an image of the Creator. Figure it out if you have a brain. Let me know if you need some assistance understanding this simple concept.

If you continue with another stupid and degrading reply, I will not be too kind with my words głupi człowiek!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop with your sheer ignorance and childish behaviour. Are you always this argumentive who loves to add words in for other people. You are just embarrassing yourself.

No, we might have an image as the angels, as the angels have an image of the Creator, as we have an image of the Creator. Figure it out if you have a brain. Let me know if you need some assistance understanding this simple concept.

If you continue with another stupid and degrading reply, I will not be too kind with my words głupi człowiek!
So now you're denying that Gen 1:26 is referring to angels? Make up your mind.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Figurative and symbolic are common terms used by unbelievers to say God is wrong. We see it all the time with Kingdom Hall victims.

Yes figurative speech. Remember you are the one that claims God is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all Creation; 1 Col

I simply disagree with your doctrine of error. God is eternal... God is never wrong but you are... Personal Attacks prove that you are becoming more desperate and that you are simply trying to disrupt the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.