Jesus Second Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord's coming in 1 Corinthians 11.26, spoken of with regard to the Lord's Supper ('till He come'), has not occurred; otherwise the Lord's Supper would not be necessary.
The Lord is with us. Paul taught us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord's coming in 1 Corinthians 11.26, spoken of with regard to the Lord's Supper ('till He come'), has not occurred; otherwise the Lord's Supper would not be necessary.
What if you and others misunderstand what that Supper is?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Reactions: Bob Estey

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There IS a difference between physical and spiritual.
Jesus did Promise to be with His faithful people, until the end of the age. Matthew 28:20
Obviously this is spiritual and He has made His Presence known to many people. Our faith and trust is required.

At the end of this Church age, after all that is prophesied has taken place; He will physically Return and will reign as King over all the world for the next 1000 years.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the end of this Church age, after all that is prophesied has taken place; He will physically Return and will reign as King over all the world for the next 1000 years.
As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many claim Jesus will literally return and rule "On This Earth" In A Millennium this being false in deception

Jesus warned his followers against this teaching, Jesus wont be found anywhere upon this earth as many claim

The Antichrist will be in Jerusalem, claiming to be Messiah Returned, "Beware"!

"Believe It Not" "Go Not Forth"

Matthew 24:23-27KJV
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Revelation 13:13-14KJV
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did Promise to be with His faithful people, until the end of the age. Matthew 28:20
Obviously this is spiritual and He has made His Presence known to many people. Our faith and trust is required.

But you make it sound like he is distant for the moment, but he is here with us now, I believe.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if you and others misunderstand what that Supper is?
What’s to misunderstand?

He clearly said the bread and wine represents His flesh, broken for us, and His blood shed for us, then said do this in REMEMBRANCE of Me.

It’s done as a solemn remembrance of His sacrifice for us.

Then, Paul made clear that the church took communion regularly as part of a meal.

Do you have some other interpretation of that?

Shalom

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
But you make it sound like he is distant for the moment, but he is here with us now, I believe.

What does the Word of Jesus say? John 14:v.1-3RSV

1 “Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

John 16:v.5 to 15 and 28RSV
“I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. 5 But now I am going to him who sent me; yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

28 I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and going to the Father.”

John 17:v.6 ; 9 ; 11 ; 13 ; 15 and 24
6 “I have manifested thy name to the men whom thou gavest me out of the world; thine they were, and thou gavest them to me, and they have kept thy word.

9 I am praying for them; I am not praying for the world but for those whom thou hast given me, for they are thine;

11 And now I am no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.

13 But now I am coming to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

15 I do not pray that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil one.

24 Father, I desire that they also, whom thou hast given me, may be with me where I am, to behold my glory which thou hast given me in thy love for me before the foundation of the world.

1 Thessalonians 4:v.15-16RSV

15 For this we declare to you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call -MICHAEL-DAN.12:1-4-, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first;

Well, where is Michael?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Word of Jesus say? John 14:v.1-3RSV

1 “Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

John 16:v.5 to 15 and 28RSV
“I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. 5 But now I am going to him who sent me; yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

28 I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and going to the Father.”

John 17:v.6 ; 9 ; 11 ; 13 ; 15 and 24
6 “I have manifested thy name to the men whom thou gavest me out of the world; thine they were, and thou gavest them to me, and they have kept thy word.

9 I am praying for them; I am not praying for the world but for those whom thou hast given me, for they are thine;

11 And now I am no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.

13 But now I am coming to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

15 I do not pray that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil one.

24 Father, I desire that they also, whom thou hast given me, may be with me where I am, to behold my glory which thou hast given me in thy love for me before the foundation of the world.

1 Thessalonians 4:v.15-16RSV

15 For this we declare to you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call -MICHAEL-DAN.12:1-4-, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first;

Well, where is Michael?
The Bible doesn't tell me not to put my hand on a hot stove, but I know not to. I also know the Lord is always with us.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
The Bible doesn't tell me not to put my hand on a hot stove, but I know not to. I also know the Lord is always with us.

Oh yes, JESUS said: "and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” Mat.28:v.20RSV

Yes, the Bible or rather the Word of GOD doesn't tell you not to put your hand on a hot stove", the Bible tells us that GOD is a devouring / a consuming fire, and the fire, and each man’s work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.

God’s firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let every one who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.” 2Tim.2:v.19

John 15:v.4 to 6RSV
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s to misunderstand?

He clearly said the bread and wine represents His flesh, broken for us, and His blood shed for us, then said do this in REMEMBRANCE of Me.

It’s done as a solemn remembrance of His sacrifice for us.

Then, Paul made clear that the church took communion regularly as part of a meal.

Do you have some other interpretation of that?

Shalom
When does one move from the shadow to the Reality?

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God," Matt4:4

The Word is already his flesh as per John 1:14

As to partaking of the natural communion as presented by either Catholics or Protestants, I have no problem with doing that so long as the intention in doing it is clearly understood and the limitations of doing it. I believe that eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood is more important than partaking of our carnal meat and potatoes and water. They are more important because they nourish the new inner man, while the carnal foods nourish only the flesh and blood body which is already dying and will die no matter how well we care for it.

Eating Jesus is consuming the Word of God and when it is quickened to us it becomes a Living part of us, even as eating dead beef will become a living part of our carnal bodies. The former is eternal while the latter is in part of our correct response as good stewards caring for the lump of flesh we call our body. Our stewardship will end and the old body will be gone to the dust.

I look at the whole thing which is the whole vision of God. Consider that the eating a bit of natural bread and drinking a bit of natural fruit of the grape which Jesus gave his disciples was something that occurred before his death and resurrection and the pouring out of the Holy Spirit.

The Passover lamb first eaten in Egypt was not the real thing but a type or shadow of that which was to come. Jesus also presented to his immediate followers with another type or shadow of that which was to come. The real thing would not be available until the Holy Spirit was available from that day of Pentecost described in Acts chapter 2.

The Spirit was necessary to bring the flesh [The flesh of Jesus as in what we consume when read scripture ] to Life within us. Until Jesus had finished his work on the cross and had risen from the dead and the Holy Ghost could be in each person this quickening in each of us was not possible. Now it is, but it is no longer a symbolic type or shadow, but the real thing.

Give God the glory!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When does one move from the shadow to the Reality?

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God," Matt4:4

The Word is already his flesh as per John 1:14
https://www.christianityboard.com/bible/john/1:14/
As to partaking of the natural communion as presented by either Catholics or Protestants, I have no problem with doing that so long as the intention in doing it is clearly understood and the limitations of doing it. I believe that eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood is more important than partaking of our carnal meat and potatoes and water. They are more important because they nourish the new inner man, while the carnal foods nourish only the flesh and blood body which is already dying and will die no matter how well we care for it.

Eating Jesus is consuming the Word of God and when it is quickened to us it becomes a Living part of us, even as eating dead beef will become a living part of our carnal bodies. The former is eternal while the latter is in part of our correct response as good stewards caring for the lump of flesh we call our body. Our stewardship will end and the old body will be gone to the dust.

I look at the whole thing which is the whole vision of God. Consider that the eating a bit of natural bread and drinking a bit of natural fruit of the grape which Jesus gave his disciples was something that occurred before his death and resurrection and the pouring out of the Holy Spirit.

The Passover lamb first eaten in Egypt was not the real thing but a type or shadow of that which was to come. Jesus also presented to his immediate followers with another type or shadow of that which was to come. The real thing would not be available until the Holy Spirit was available from that day of Pentecost described in Acts chapter 2.

The Spirit was necessary to bring the flesh [The flesh of Jesus as in what we consume when read scripture ] to Life within us. Until Jesus had finished his work on the cross and had risen from the dead and the Holy Ghost could be in each person this quickening in each of us was not possible. Now it is, but it is no longer a symbolic type or shadow, but the real thing.

Give God the glory!
It’s clear that Jesus wants us to remember His sacrifice of flesh and blood regularly, by partaking of His symbolic flesh and blood.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s clear that Jesus wants us to remember His sacrifice of flesh and blood regularly, by partaking of His symbolic flesh and blood.
Is it clear... to whom?

Why partake of the symbolic when the Real Thing is available? I believe that is what Jesus wants us to do...

Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If we eat His Word, is that not the Flesh?

Is not Life in the Blood? First the carnal life of the flesh...

Le 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

But then what Life was it that Jesus spoke of to the Samaritan woman at the well? Not carnal life certainly...?
Is it not the Holy Spirit in a person that gives Life to the Flesh/Word/Scripture eaten?

2co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jesus does not come down in the flesh at all in the second coming.
I have atheist who claim that they will believe him when they see him. that is pathetic and fact is that the Jews all seen him when he came in the flesh in fact, so that had no power for anyone and the real faith biblically is in people who have never seen him it is said, not to mention the Worthy Jews did not know him until he went to Heaven, they had faith he was the one but not until he went to Heaven did they truly get the message of who he truly is, that's how it works.
With Nathaniel was the first one who knew Jesus was the Christ but as Jesus said to him as to what Nathaniel will see cleans up any doubt on the subject. you will see the heavens opened and what ? do you all know what that is ? not to mention St Stephen seen it.

So you have the two greatest people Nathaniel and Stephen for you to find out who they truly are and what they did say, they clear it all up.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have atheist who claim that they will believe him when they see him.

:eek: Oh they will see him, so they better be careful what they wish for.

(Revelation 6:12-17) "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; {13} And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. {14} And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. {15} And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; {16} And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: {17} For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"

giphy.gif

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is false, satan is currently bound by the 6th vial, and he can't deceive the nations to the final battle as Revelation 20:1-8 teaches

Satan is "Currently" bound from "One Specific Purpose", And One Only?

"Deceive The Nations" To Battle

The Non-Literal 1,000 Years (Revelation) 20:1-6 Are Taking Place Now In The Lords Spiritual, And Will Cease At The Future Second Coming

If A Tribulation Saint Were To Die One Day Before The Second Coming, He Enters Into The Non-Literal 1,000 Year Reign

Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 Below That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Revelation) 16:12-14 & (Revelation) 20:7-8 Same Deception In Gathering The Nations To The Very Same Final Battle In "Parallel" Teachings Of The Same Event

(Revelation) 16:12-17KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
What happens to Satan at Armageddon?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?
Is the opposite true? Many who demote millennialism teach Satan is bound, and that is why sin is rampant?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TWO STRONG AND POWERFUL BEASTS(Revelation 13:1to18) WILL RULE DURING SEVEN (7) YEARS A MONSTROUS AND EPHEMERAL UNIVERSAL AND SATANIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM - JUDAISM AND CATHOLICISM -
Is this verse correct:

"And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue eighty and four months."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens to Satan at Armageddon?
The Final Judgement Takes Place At The 7th Vial & Trump (The End)

(It Is Done) & He Shall Reign For Ever And Ever) Represents The Final Judgement As Seen In Revelation 11:18 (The End)
Revelation 16:16-17KJV
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Revelation 11:15-18KJV
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.