Jesus spits in a mans eye (3minute video)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video above is explaining what’s below. Interesting the man sees Gods creation and refers to them as trees.

“Then He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to Him, and begged Him to touch him. So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town. And when He had spit on his eyes and put His hands on him, He asked him if he saw anything. And he looked up and said, “I see men like trees, walking.” Then He put His hands on his eyes again and made him look up. And he was restored and saw everyone clearly. Then He sent him away to his house, saying, “Neither go into the town, nor tell anyone in the town.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭8:22-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video above is explaining what’s below. Interesting the man sees Gods creation and refers to them as trees.

“Then He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to Him, and begged Him to touch him. So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town. And when He had spit on his eyes and put His hands on him, He asked him if he saw anything. And he looked up and said, “I see men like trees, walking.” Then He put His hands on his eyes again and made him look up. And he was restored and saw everyone clearly. Then He sent him away to his house, saying, “Neither go into the town, nor tell anyone in the town.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭8:22-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Hey Matthew, this is somewhat unrelated., but so I'm snooping on your channel and this is amusing, but this is trippy.

You painted something really close to something I painted like 11-12 years ago.

It is the one that says faith with the silhouette.

Mine was a three piece canvas with a tree, but the girl silhouette was sitting on the right side with a sword, sitting the same way you painted, and the man was standing the left side seeming like he was not paying any attention to her. (Wasn't very happy about that when I did it.)

And the tree is kind of the same except mine had "eye leaves" all over it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG
"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Prov 29:18

Our dream or our vision is where we start our walk with God. There is something in us, placed there by God, which is able to catch a glimpse of God, of God's Son and of God's kingdom. As we walk toward God, [
if we walk toward God], the vision will become clearer. If we open our hearts, the clarity of the dream or vision will improve. Isn't this what God desires for us? Isn't this what we should desire for ourselves and for one another?

"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.

And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly." Mark 8:23-25

Every man born of woman, other than Jesus, was born blind. There were some who were given a measure of vision in the OT, but now, because of Jesus, no man need remain forever in the blindness of his natural birth.

Unbelievers are blind and can only see the unreal vision apparently perceived by their five natural senses and apparently understood by their supposedly logical minds. Most believers have another vision which is very blurred and/or dim at first, but given the right input should eventually become clear.

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known" I Cor 13:9-12

One touch from Jesus may not be enough for the a "face to face" clarity of vision:

"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.

And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly" Mark 8:23-25

Being born from above, or born again, brings with it vision. At the first, it may be as seeing through a very clouded glass, but as with the blind man who saw men as trees walking, it is always possible to have our vision improved by yet another touch of the Master's hand.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev. 3:18

Reactions: MatthewG and Helen

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your help, I will be using the 1 Corinthians 13:9-12 in the next lesson: Mark 8:22-30. Did look up the word for prophecy and can mean to teach, rebuke, and something else don’t have it in front of me. We all know in part right and we try to explain in part looking in the mirror or glass darkly. Trying to follow the holy spirits lead.

The blindness of the man himself only being able half way see also reminds me of Jesus when he talked about remove the log from your own eye first then you can help your brother or sister out further.

there are other pictures and types too, such as the man with lepercy, sores and aches and pains, Peters mother who was ill stricken (maybe someone always in an ill mood) comforting truths of Jesus can help, even if they may not open up to you, there was also the woman who had the 12 year blood problem who sought and seemed and touched Jesus.

All pictures and types to learn from, thank you @amadeus

Reactions: amadeus