JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:ff answers this for us.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created. Life was in Him, and that life was the light of men. That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it.” (John 1:1–5) (HCSB)

“He was in the world, and the world was created through Him, yet the world did not recognize Him. He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him. But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood, or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:10–13) (HCSB)

“The Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We observed His glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14) (HCSB)

“(John testified concerning Him and exclaimed, “This was the One of whom I said, ‘The One coming after me has surpassed me, because He existed before me.’ ”) Indeed, we have all received grace after grace from His fullness, for the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. The One and Only Son — the One who is at the Father’s side — He has revealed Him.” (John 1:15–18) (HCSB)
that did not answer the question. but I must work with what I got, you said this, "“(John testified concerning Him and exclaimed, “This was the One of whom I said, ‘The One coming after me has surpassed me, because He existed before me.’ ”)"

John was the forerunner to Jesus the christ correct. ok, let's see something, John, Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Matthew 3:2 "And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 3:3 "For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight".

John was to Prepare the way for the "Lord" correct, well let's see. scripture, Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".

understand now? the way was Prepared for the "LORD" all caps. and in Matthew 3:3 it's the "Lord"

see dave, the Lord is the LORD in flesh. read those two verse again. it's the same person.

now the big question dave? is the Lord the same one person as the LORD, scripture don't lie. do you believe the scriptures, YES or NO?

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how can the Spirit dwell in me,and I’m not God?
was you born of God? if so then you're one with God. Ephesians 2:16 "And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"

now you might want to help out dave in post #241

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything you speak is dull,void
first thanks for the reply, second,
2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Timothy 4:4 "And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 4:5 "But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

that I will do

PICJAG

now, that post #241, your answer please.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second,
2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Timothy 4:4 "And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 4:5 "But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

that I will do

PICJAG

now, that post #241, your answer please.
How does that translate into you lack intelligence??

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dave, and waiting on him,
Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

we would like both of you to understand that "LORD" here in the vers is
H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') [as a prefix]
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
KJV: Jehovah, the Lord.
Root(s): H1961

yes, as definition #1. states, "the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM". yes, the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you". and it was JESUS who John Prepare the way for.

yes, the SAME ONE GOD, who is now Manifested in flesh as God' FELLOW in Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones". yes the SAME ONE PERSON, who is the Father and son in Isaiah 9:6. and there are so many other scriptures that support this "diversity" of God in flesh. as said from Genesis to revelation.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does that translate into you lack intelligence??
still no answer. do as the apostle command, "be silent" and learn.
as said, I must work with what I got.
understand "Waiting on him". you have never hear this before, have you?. it's virgin to your ears. but understand this, Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues".
not a unknown tongue, nor a diverse/or other tongue/language, but a NEW tongue. not a tongue that you cannot understand, but a tongue you have never heard before.

the TRUTH is virgin to your ears. you have never heard of THE “DIVERSITY” OF GOD has you. it's a GREAT MYSTERY to you that God gave me knowledge of. as the apostle said, we also like wise, 2 Corinthians 11:6 "But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things".

I might not have all the big words, or the so eloquently stated words that these big shot theologians have, but one thing that I do have is the Lord Jesus the Holy Ghost who is the big shot theologian who can make your heart understand, and open your MIND to the truth. not 101G, he can do nothing, but witness to the truth. but JESUS, he can do all things.

so I suggest you keep your eyes and thoughts on the scriptures, and not look at 101G.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

that did not answer the question. but I must work with what I got, you said this, "“(John testified concerning Him and exclaimed, “This was the One of whom I said, ‘The One coming after me has surpassed me, because He existed before me.’ ”)"

John was the forerunner to Jesus the christ correct. ok, let's see something, John, Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Matthew 3:3 "For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight".

John was to Prepare the way for the "Lord" correct, well let's see. scripture, Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".

understand now? the way was Prepared for the "LORD" all caps. and in Matthew 3:3 it's the "Lord"

see dave, the Lord is the LORD in flesh. read those two verse again. it's the same person.

now the big question dave? is the Lord the same one person as the LORD, scripture don't lie. do you believe the scriptures, YES or NO?

PICJAG.
Not one person. One God.

D

Dave L

@dave, and waiting on him,
Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

we would like both of you to understand that "LORD" here in the vers is
H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') [as a prefix]
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
KJV: Jehovah, the Lord.
Root(s): H1961

yes, as definition #1. states, "the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM". yes, the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you". and it was JESUS who John Prepare the way for.

yes, the SAME ONE GOD, who is now Manifested in flesh as God' FELLOW in Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones". yes the SAME ONE PERSON, who is the Father and son in Isaiah 9:6. and there are so many other scriptures that support this "diversity" of God in flesh. as said from Genesis to revelation.

PICJAG.
You are confusing God's one spiritual essence with his three persons.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one person. One God.
don't worry dave you cannot witness to the TRUTH.

it's the same Person.

the LORD in the OT is Spirit, (abstract, the subjective) who is Christ in the NT Manifested (concrete, the objective). the same person, who is "A" Spirit, John 4:24a, only Shared.

that Same Spirit, is Christ, supportive scripture, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

the Spirit of WHO? ... Christ, where was he? IN, them prophets. just check the OT and all the Prophets say something like this, "the WORD of the LORD came unto me", yes JESUS the Spirit, the Holy Spirit came unto them so that these holy men... these Prophets could prophesy of the GLORY that Jesus would come in.

BINGO, "diversity" in a nutshell.

PICJAG

PS Dave you didn't even answer the first question. maybe you can do better with the Revelation 1:4 & 5 Question.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing God's one spiritual essence with his three persons.
scripture don't lie.

you might want to try the revelation 1:4 & 5 question. because you failed badly on the very first question which you didn't answer.

PICJAG.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still no answer. do as the apostle command, "be silent" and learn.
as said, I must work with what I got.
understand "Waiting on him". you have never hear this before, have you?. it's virgin to your ears. but understand this, Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues".
not a unknown tongue, nor a diverse/or other tongue/language, but a NEW tongue. not a tongue that you cannot understand, but a tongue you have never heard before.

the TRUTH is virgin to your ears. you have never heard of THE “DIVERSITY” OF GOD has you. it's a GREAT MYSTERY to you that God gave me knowledge of. as the apostle said, we also like wise, 2 Corinthians 11:6 "But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things".

I might not have all the big words, or the so eloquently stated words that these big shot theologians have, but one thing that I do have is the Lord Jesus the Holy Ghost who is the big shot theologian who can make your heart understand, and open your MIND to the truth. not 101G, he can do nothing, but witness to the truth. but JESUS, he can do all things.

so I suggest you keep your eyes and thoughts on the scriptures, and not look at 101G.

PICJAG.
Been following the suggestion from your first word. If you still wish to have proof of the spirit based on knowing,them I going to continue to pray all the more

God bless

Last edited:
D

Dave L

don't worry dave you cannot witness to the TRUTH.

it's the same Person.

the LORD in the OT is Spirit, (abstract, the subjective) who is Christ in the NT Manifested (concrete, the objective). the same person, who is "A" Spirit, John 4:24a, only Shared.

that Same Spirit, is Christ, supportive scripture, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

the Spirit of WHO? ... Christ, where was he? IN, them prophets. just check the OT and all the Prophets say something like this, "the WORD of the LORD came unto me", yes JESUS the Spirit, the Holy Spirit came unto them so that these holy men... these Prophets could prophesy of the GLORY that Jesus would come in.

BINGO, "diversity" in a nutshell.

PICJAG

PS Dave you didn't even answer the first question. maybe you can do better with the Revelation 1:4 & 5 Question.
You do not differentiate between Jesus Christ the man who spoke as one person, the eternal Son of God. And Jesus Christ the trinity, each called God in scripture.

D

Dave L

scripture don't lie.

you might want to try the revelation 1:4 & 5 question. because you failed badly on the very first question which you didn't answer.

PICJAG.
Point out how I failed and I'll correct it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dave you must been out on reset, what you think diversity is about, the "SHARING" of oneself in "ANOTHER" form? duh?

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

dave you must been out on reset, what you think diversity is about, the "SHARING" of oneself in "ANOTHER" form? duh?

PICJAG.
I don't understand what you are getting at. Please try to make it to the point.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point out how I failed and I'll correct it.

Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

Isaiah 40:2 "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.
Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".

the POINT. the Lord in matthews 3:3 is the concrete manifestation of the SAME one PERSON in Isaiah 40:3 the "LORD".

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

Isaiah 40:2 "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.
Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".

the POINT. the Lord in matthews 3:3 is the concrete manifestation of the SAME one PERSON in Isaiah 40:3 the "LORD".

PICJAG.
In both cases they were the Triune God. Jesus is one man = speaking as the eternal Son of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In both cases they were the Triune God. Jesus is one man = speaking as the eternal Son of God.
YES, Jesus is speaking here it's the LORD, JESUS, the Spirit, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow..

see dave the indicate ONE "THE" LORD, they indicate more than one... :confused:

PICJAG

it's better for you to try Revelation 1:4 & 5.

D

Dave L

YES, Jesus is speaking here it's the LORD, JESUS, the Spirit, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow..

see dave the indicate ONE "THE" LORD, they indicate more than one... :confused:

PICJAG

it's better for you to try Revelation 1:4 & 5.
God (Christ) was in the prophets. God (Christ) is always Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.