JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...'arm' is a metaphor for power. God did not reach down with His literal arm and die on the cross for us...the 'arm' was Christ.
true, so is Christ the son the Power of God, and is God Power separate and distinct from him? yes or no?.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

How about this, Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.Isaiah 53:6 "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.Isaiah 53:7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

see dave the ARM of God is a HE, is this ARM a separate and distinct person from the one who the ARM is with? is your "own" ARM separate and distinct from you dave... (smile).. lol. no, nor is God's "OWN" ARM separate and distinct from him.

BINGO, the ARM of God is God himself in flesh.

how many ways must we explain this to you? dull of hearing?
Hebrews 5:11 "Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.... (smile), ever learning, but never able to come to the TRUTH.
Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil". amen.
dave, dave, since you're dull of hearing, be re-taught because you been, as Malcolm X said, you been hoodwinked, bamboozled, by your teachers, just read Hebrews 5:11-13 again.

now, is the Son the ARM of God? yes or no.

PICJAG.
Isaiah shows the arm of the Lord the preincarnate Christ.

“Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; Awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon? Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; That hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?” (Isaiah 51:9–10) (KJV 1900)

But you deny Christ is God making him created in the incarnation.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah shows the arm of the Lord the preincarnate Christ.

“Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; Awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon? Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; That hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?” (Isaiah 51:9–10) (KJV 1900)

But you deny Christ is God making him created in the incarnation.
Nope, you deny the TRUTH. in the incarnation he is his "OWN" share, his "OWN" arm in flesh. LOL..LOL..LOL how hard is it to understand?. see dave that's why I asked you what was begotten the flesh or the spirit..... lol, the flesh, the Son of God, not the Son of man..lol, lol. you have no clue who Jesus is. "Diversity", "Diversity", "Diversity".

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

Nope, you deny the TRUTH. in the incarnation he is his "OWN" share, his "OWN" arm in flesh. LOL..LOL..LOL how hard is it to understand?. see dave that's why I asked you what was begotten the flesh or the spirit..... lol, the flesh, the Son of God, not the Son of man..lol, lol. you have no clue who Jesus is. "Diversity", "Diversity", "Diversity".

PICJAG.
The Son is eternal, begotten by the Father in eternity apart from time, not having a beginning or end. This is God who took on a human body and soul in time. But his Spirit, unlike ours, is eternal God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus the man spoke as the second person of the Trinity, the eternal Son, as the Son of God and Son of man.

Last edited by a moderator:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son is eternal, begotten by the Father in eternity apart from time, not having a beginning or end. This is God who took on a human body and soul in time. But his Spirit is eternal God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus the man spoke as the second person of the Trinity, the Son, as the Son of God and Son of man.
that's an ignorant statement, "The Son is eternal, begotten by the Father in eternity apart from time, not having a beginning or end". if he have no begining and has no end he couldn't be begotten. that's unenlightened, that's untrained, that's illiterate. I don't want to use the Layman term.
and then turn around and say, "This is God who took on a human body and soul in time". I have a scripture for this kind of talk, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways". James 1:8.

then you said, "But his Spirit is eternal God". is not the Spirit the Power of God? let's see, Jeremiah 10:12 "He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion".

HIS "POWER? scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God".

YES, Christ is that Spirit who is the "eternal God". who made all things as John 1:3 states and as Isaiah 44:24 states, "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".
Yes, JESUS is the eternal Spirit "alone", "all by himself" who "made" and "created" all things just as John 1:3 states.

when will they ever learn? ..... not anytime soon... :D

yes, it's the SAME on God diversified in flesh. lol...lol...lol.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

that's an ignorant statement, "The Son is eternal, begotten by the Father in eternity apart from time, not having a beginning or end". if he have no begining and has no end he couldn't be begotten. that's unenlightened, that's untrained, that's illiterate. I don't want to use the Layman term.
and then turn around and say, "This is God who took on a human body and soul in time". I have a scripture for this kind of talk, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways". James 1:8.

then you said, "But his Spirit is eternal God". is not the Spirit the Power of God? let's see, Jeremiah 10:12 "He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion".

HIS "POWER? scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God".

YES, Christ is that Spirit who is the "eternal God". who made all things as John 1:3 states and as Isaiah 44:24 states, "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".
Yes, JESUS is the eternal Spirit "alone", "all by himself" who "made" and "created" all things just as John 1:3 states.

when will they ever learn? ..... not anytime soon... :D

yes, it's the SAME on God diversified in flesh. lol...lol...lol.

PICJAG.
God is eternally Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You represent a different "Christ".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is eternally Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You represent a different "Christ".
that old broken record. now watch this using your own words, JESUS is the ONLY one who is ETERNAL... lol. now prove me wrong.

before you error, 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

only means 1 person who have it. well that just eliminated your other two supposed to be co=equeals. and immortality means the ability to live forever; eternal life. yes, JESUS is that 1 and only Person who have eternal life. Ooop's there it is.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

that old broken record. now watch this using your own words, JESUS is the ONLY one who is ETERNAL... lol. now prove me wrong.

before you error, 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

only means 1 person who have it. well that just eliminated your other two supposed to be co=equeals. and immortality means the ability to live forever; eternal life. yes, JESUS is that 1 and only Person who have eternal life. Ooop's there it is.

PICJAG.
“I and my Father are one.. keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.”(John 10:30;17:11)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“I and my Father are one.. keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.”(John 10:30;17:11)
you and your doctrine and your church fathers say the son is NOT the Father, and the Father is not the son. you and they say the three are separate and distinct. is this correct?.

and two, if you want to use that, then there is no two persons... lol...lol.

so make up your mind,.... lol, ...lo.

PICJAG

D

Dave L

you and your doctrine and your church fathers say the son is NOT the Father, and the Father is not the son. you and they say the three are separate and distinct. is this correct?.

and two, if you want to use that, then there is no two persons... lol...lol.

so make up your mind,.... lol, ...lo.

PICJAG
The Athanasian Creed puts it this way: “Now this is the catholic [universal] faith: That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another, and that of the Holy Spirit, still another. But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.”

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Athanasian Creed puts it this way: “Now this is the catholic [universal] faith: That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another, and that of the Holy Spirit, still another. But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.”
you have one problem, only 1 have eternal life, so if your creed say, "neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence" if only 1 have eternal life then their essence is not the SAME, so that's an ERROR.

then you said, "But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal". not according to 1 Timothy 6:16.

care to comment.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understand dave, what you and your church fathers did is the "cardinal sin" you all put another god next to the ONLY TRUE GOD. that Person(s) you made out from a title of his and placed next to him is unlawful, and as a matter of FACT, dangerous. Isaiah 48:11 "For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

and here you have "Another" recieving glory with the ONE and ONLY "TRUE GOD".

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

you have one problem, only 1 have eternal life, so if your creed say, "neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence" if only 1 have eternal life then their essence is not the SAME, so that's an ERROR.

then you said, "But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal". not according to 1 Timothy 6:16.

care to comment.

PICJAG.
God only has eternal life. That we worship one God (singular) in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another, and that of the Holy Spirit, still another. But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.”

D

Dave L

understand dave, what you and your church fathers did is the "cardinal sin" you all put another god next to the ONLY TRUE GOD. that Person(s) you made out from a title of his and placed next to him is unlawful, and as a matter of FACT, dangerous. Isaiah 48:11 "For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

and here you have "Another" recieving glory with the ONE and ONLY "TRUE GOD".

PICJAG.
You are masking the truth about God being ONE Spiritual being in three distinct persons. That we worship one God (one spiritual essence) in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another, and that of the Holy Spirit, still another. But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.”

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God only has eternal life. That we worship one God (singular) in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another, and that of the Holy Spirit, still another. But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.”
no you don't you worship three?. and NO, only JESUS have eternal life... lol. and as said you give all them the same name, that's not distinct

the term God is of a ... 1 Spirit, scripture, "God is a Spirit", John 4:24a. now if God is a spirit, and only ONE person have eternal life, then that means there is only ONE PERSON who is Spirit, which means there is only ONE PERSON who is ETERNAL .... the Spirit. and 1 Timothy 6:16 proves this out.

so you're right back at squar one... lol.

see dave we know and have the answer. :D and you cannot get...

PICJAG

D

Dave L

no you don't you worship three?. and NO, only JESUS have eternal life... lol. and as said you give all there the same name, that's not distinct

the term God is of a ... 1 Spirit, scripture, "God is a Spirit", John 4:24a. now if God is a spirit, and only ONE person have eternal life, then that means there is only ONE PERSON who is Spirit, which means there is only ONE PERSON who is ETERNAL .... the Spirit. and 1 Timothy 6:16 proves this out.

so you're right back at squar one... lol.

see dave we know and have the answer. :D and you cannot get...

PICJAG
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”” (John 4:24) (HCSB)

Spirit does not = person.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”” (John 4:24) (HCSB)

Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

is not the one whom you calls father is a person right, and did not the Spirit create us?.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

dave I'm suprise of you, so we are suppose to worship an idol?. :eek: nope don't believe so.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

is not the one whom you calls father is a person right, and did not the Spirit create us?.

PICJAG.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each a distinct person, make up the one spiritual essence called God. You are trying to limit the full revelation of God in the NT by using the incomplete revelation of God in the OT. = not too scholarly.

D

Dave L

dave I'm suprise of you, so we are suppose to worship an idol?. :eek: nope don't believe so.

PICJAG.
You construct an idol using the incomplete revelation of God in the OT in place of the full revelation of God in the NT. The monotheistic Pharisees did the same as you and ended up killing Christ because of it.