JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how do you know what Satan's work is - and what it is not ? You and Sataniel good buddies ? ...
Are there voices whispering in your ear ..does he whisper sweet somethings into your ear .. telling you .. "Watch out for this - look out for that - that Church over there are influenced by Satan - doing Satan's work.

Tell me more about these whispers.. and how did you get on such good terms with Lord Lucifer .. the Advocate - the Tester. Has he got you on his team now - training you in what are his works and what are not ?

Ohhh - but now I get it ... You are a spy ... infiltrating the ranks of the dark side .. see what they are up to .. gonna bring dat information back to the Most High .. isssss that it ?

Mortal's playing in the games of Gods .. that is a bit dangerous don't you think - but, few are chosen and many are frozen right !?
Satan's work is attacking the Bible.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was written by Matthew who also cited Jesus' teaching us about the Genesis Flood that you said you don't believe.
Matthew 24:37-39 (NKJV)
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

What does the Author of Matt quoting an old Testament story have to do with the Teachings of Jesus ? yet another of your mind twisting avoidance tactics... .. Just say something completely irrelevant - normally coupled with some insult, false accusation and/or fallacy - and thats the trick is it :) .

So teachings of Jesus was the topic - that which you like to avoid - are you sure you are not wanting to understand more about these teachings ? They may be of some benefit in your life .. helping some more than others .. but I am sure you will find something of value there.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you know what I feel like every second post as folks run away from Scripture to the hills. Not much else to say on Paul - did you not like the Passage from Samuel ?

These were wild times back in the day apparently - what was the summoning all about .. like the scenes in Star Wars when the past Jedi come back to speak to the living.
GINOLJC, to all
What's wrong? too many lucky charms this morning?

the topic here is "JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God". if you want to talk about Saul and the appearance of a spirit to Saul, Start a topic on that. because you have no clue what an apperance is vs a manifestation.

and third, that third account of Saul, now Paul's account of what happen to him on the road Damascus took all the wind out of your sail... didn't it.

instead of trying to conjure up spirits of the dead, you might want to have a Damascus road experience youself and get to know the LIVING instead of the dead.

understand, old prophet Sameul , and old king saul is DEAD and buried, why seek the LIVING amoung the DEAD? seek him who is Prophet and King, and who is Alive, JESUS.... :D

but start you a topic on the dead, for the scriptures are true, Luke 9:60 "Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God."

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GINOLJC, to all
What's wrong? too many lucky charms this morning?

the topic here is "JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God". if you want to talk about Saul and the appearance of a spirit to Saul, Start a topic on that. because you have no clue what an apperance is vs a manifestation.

and third, that third account of Saul, now Paul's account of what happen to him on the road Damascus took all the wind out of your sail... didn't it

PICJAG

ahhh .. methinks it might be you doin them lucky charms - to many perhaps- not able to see what's in front of you.

Saul - the King - was able to talk the dead spirit of Samuel - summoned by a medium. A similar apparition appeared to Paul .. an apparition from spirit world .. any way you slice or dice it .. and labeling such visits from spirits as "apparition vs manifestation" is laughable nonsense

The spirit of Samuel actually came into appearance before Saul - such that Saul bowed before him. All Paul heard was a voice .. his companions did not hear a voice .. then in another version he see's a light

And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. (Acts 9:7)
And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid, but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. (Acts 22:9)

So did they hear a voice .. did they see anything ? conflicting accounts .. but Saul .. he got the full visitation.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ahhh .. methinks it might be you doin them lucky charms - to many perhaps- not able to see what's in front of you.

Saul - the King - was able to talk the dead spirit of Samuel - summoned by a medium. A similar apparition appeared to Paul .. an apparition from spirit world .. any way you slice or dice it .. and labeling such visits from spirits as "apparition vs manifestation" is laughable nonsense

The spirit of Samuel actually came into appearance before Saul - such that Saul bowed before him. All Paul heard was a voice .. his companions did not hear a voice .. then in another version he see's a light

And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. (Acts 9:7)
And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid, but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. (Acts 22:9)

So did they hear a voice .. did they see anything ? conflicting accounts .. but Saul .. he got the full visitation.
LOL, it took you that long to come up with that nonesense?

as I said, start yourself a topic on that ok.

and as for voices, you need to hear the voice of Jesus.

now if you wnat to continue talking about nonesense, that's what Faceebook and tweeter is for, ok.

PICJAG

Reactions: ChristisGod

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Revelation 1:8 KJV
[8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Here Jesus is stating He is the Almighty, the same which is seen of Abram telling him to walk before Him in perfection Gen 17 same Lord same God Almighty.
Hebrew: יהוה
Transliteration: yehôvâh
Pronunciation: yeh-ho-vaw'
Definition: From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal;
{Jehovah} Jewish national name of God: - {Jehovah} the Lord. Compare {H3050 } H3069 .
KJV Usage: LORD (6,510x), GOD (4x), JEHOVAH (4x), variant (1x).
Occurs: 6519
In verses: 5521
@Waiting on him What a great verse! makes for a good, new year's meditation, in my humble opinion.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Author of Matt quoting an old Testament story have to do with the Teachings of Jesus ? yet another of your yet another of your mind twisting avoidance tactics... .. Just say something completely irrelevant - normally coupled with some insult, false accusation and/or fallacy - and thats the trick is it :) .

So teachings of Jesus was the topic - that which you like to avoid - are you sure you are not wanting to understand more about these teachings ? They may be of some benefit in your life .. helping some more than others .. but I am sure you will find something of value there.
"Yet another of your mind twisting avoidance tactics"? What did I say that isn't FACT? Nothing.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

now if you wnat to continue talking about nonesense, that's what Faceebook and tweeter is for, ok.

PICJAG

Sore spot I sense has been hit -

I thought the Topic was the holy spirit" - and "one true God" - and "Jesus"

Do you not think the Spirit of Samuel - appearing before Saul was aided by the Holy Spirit - and One true God ? - that they had no part in that ?
How do you figure this is not connected to the OP .. ?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not think the Spirit of Samuel - appearing before Saul was aided by the Holy Spirit - and One true God ? - that they had no part in that ?
How do you figure this is not connected to the OP .. ?

you first ERROR of the DAY, Samuel spirit is not Capitalized as in "Spirit" read your post again. second ERROR, Samuel - appearing is God way of telling YOU not to try to seek out mediums and wizards about the DEAD. if you are ignorant as was saul, and need to know something, go to the Living God and ask. let the dead stay dead. when you die, be sure that the same HOLY Spirit raise you up to appear before his Judgment seat.

and now speaking about the topic here, and the dead, who was it that was in the Prophet of old, listen, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

now Heyzeus, who is that Spirit that was in the OT, allowed saul to speak with ... "what was of, of, of, of, .. (smile) Samuel.

since you want to use this topic to answer your question... so who was that "Spirit of Christ" that was in them... the Prophet... :eek: YIKES!

your answer please.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Yet another of your mind twisting avoidance tactics"? What did I say that isn't FACT? Nothing.

You regularly make false accusations and insinuations against the messenger rather than address the topic - because you want to avoid the topic.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG
Spot on !

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heyzeus, in the topic "the theory about John 1:1" when you said, "Peter is Pseudepigrapha". I now for sure without a doubt have no doubts about you.

but since you're ignorant, I'll help you out, listen. hint as to who the Spirit of Christ is... 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

do you understand NOW?

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you first ERROR of the DAY, Samuel spirit is not Capitalized as in "Spirit" read your post again. second ERROR, Samuel - appearing is God way of telling YOU not to try to seek out mediums and wizards about the DEAD. if you are ignorant as was saul, and need to know something, go to the Living God and ask. let the dead stay dead. when you die, be sure that the same HOLY Spirit raise you up to appear before his Judgment seat.

and now speaking about the topic here, and the dead, who was it that was in the Prophet of old, listen, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

now Heyzeus, who is that Spirit that was in the OT, allowed saul to speak with ... "what was of, of, of, of, .. (smile) Samuel.

since you want to use this topic to answer your question... so who was that "Spirit of Christ" that was in them... the Prophet... :eek: YIKES!

your answer please.

PICJAG

Your commentary on Peter is simply not supported .. of course these folks believed that the Holy Spirit was in previous prophets just like Jesus .. This means nothing. - what is the big deal. You are way overblowing the meaning in this passage which is social commentary rather than "Gods inspired word"

What part of Pseudepigrapha - is not clicking in ? ding ding ding .. "Pious Fraud" of a rather nasty kind to be honest.. Putting words in the mouth of the Disciple.

If you wish to hear what Peter thought - why not go to the Gospel written by the interpreter for Peter .. Gospel of Mark - then you will be on the right Track..

In this Gospel you will see the Spirit of the Lord coming down on Jesus at his baptism. Jesus is transformed from mere Human to a Prophet - who spoke God's word through the Holy spirit - one with the spark of the divine - God's anointed son.

This was the same spirit working to bring the apparition of Samuel to Saul- via a human medium.
The Spirit of the Most High was on the on the Job in OT days - same spirit that gave Jesus the ability to speak God's word.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your commentary on Peter is simply not supported .. of course these folks believed that the Holy Spirit was in previous prophets just like Jesus .. This means nothing. - what is the big deal. You are way overblowing the meaning in this passage which is social commentary rather than "Gods inspired word"

What part of Pseudepigrapha - is not clicking in ? ding ding ding .. "Pious Fraud" of a rather nasty kind to be honest.. Putting words in the mouth of the Disciple.

If you wish to hear what Peter thought - why not go to the Gospel written by the interpreter for Peter .. Gospel of Mark - then you will be on the right Track..

In this Gospel you will see the Spirit of the Lord coming down on Jesus at his baptism. Jesus is transformed from mere Human to a Prophet - who spoke God's word through the Holy spirit - one with the spark of the divine - God's anointed son.

This was the same spirit working to bring the apparition of Samuel to Saul- via a human medium.
The Spirit of the Most High was on the on the Job in OT days - same spirit that gave Jesus the ability to speak God's word.
Well, your second ERROR of the day. question, How many "Spirit", and that's "Spirit" Capitalized, are there ... ONE, correct. lets go to open school.

is the book of Revelation Pseudepigrapha? ... LOL. well it plainly tells us WHO the Holy Spirit is, even a first grader will know. listen, in every letter to the seven churches, (chapter 2 & 3), they all are addressed by the Lord Jesus , correct. but notice how every one of them end?, listen, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches". but was it not the Lord Jesus who was speaking to the churches.

see this is what called plain out in front of your face teaching. now is Revelation Pseudepigrapha? .... :D YIKES!

so who is the "Spirit" addressing the 7 Churches..... your answer please?

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Heyzeus, in the topic "the theory about John 1:1" when you said, "Peter is Pseudepigrapha". I now for sure without a doubt have no doubts about you.

but since you're ignorant, I'll help you out, listen. hint as to who the Spirit of Christ is... 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

do you understand NOW?

PICJAG

Not sure why you keep nattering on about 2 Peter - and no idea what your reference to John is even about ?

I have agreed that the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit was at work in the prophets in the OT - just as the spirit worked through Jesus who was also a Prophet.

Now that you understand the Holy Spirit better ...your understanding has increased.

I recommend however that you focus on Mark if you want to get closer to Peter rather than the Pious Fraud - 2 Peter .. written as late as 160AD.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why you keep nattering on about 2 Peter - and no idea what your reference to John is even about ?

I have agreed that the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit was at work in the prophets in the OT - just as the spirit worked through Jesus who was also a Prophet.

Now that you understand the Holy Spirit better ...your understanding has increased.

I recommend however that you focus on Mark if you want to get closer to Peter rather than the Pious Fraud - 2 Peter .. written as late as 160AD.
another ERROR of the Day, JESUS IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, see Post #1796 above...... LOL... :p YIKES!

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, your second ERROR of the day. question, How many "Spirit", and that's "Spirit" Capitalized, are there ... ONE, correct. lets go to open school.

is the book of Revelation Pseudepigrapha? ... LOL. well it plainly tells us WHO the Holy Spirit is, even a first grader will know. listen, in every letter to the seven churches, (chapter 2 & 3), they all are addressed by the Lord Jesus , correct. but notice how every one of them end?, listen, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches". but was it not the Lord Jesus who was speaking to the churches.

see this is what called plain out in front of your face teaching. now is Revelation Pseudepigrapha? .... :D YIKES!

so who is the "Spirit" addressing the 7 Churches..... your answer please?

PICJAG

Typo Nazi now ? Good grief you are going to lengths to avoid the topic.. then you get into Revelations ? - moving the goal post and building a strawman at the same time as I never stated Revelations was Pseudepigrapha..

Then you repeat your question that I have already answered numerous times now ... giving scripture to back up claim.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typo Nazi now ? Good grief you are going to lengths to avoid the topic.. then you get into Revelations ?
LOL, so we can take this as you cannot answer the question..... :D

and as for, "Typo Nazi", but you got it.... did you not, maybe where it hurts,,, (smile)... lol, see, name calling is nothing to me, I been called worest.

which means you have nothing to say... literally ... LOL, LOL, LOL, just having so much fun.
moving the goal post and building a strawman at the same time as I never stated Revelations was Pseudepigrapha..
never said you did... lol, but Revelation got you... did it not? ... lol. :eek: YIKES!

Then you repeat your question that I have already answered numerous times now ... giving scripture to back up claim.
How can you answer me when you know NOTHING, and I mean you don't know NOTHING. (smile)

Look hey-zeus, just sit on the sideline and learn a bit before you enter another conversation... ok, no put down, just a recommandation.

as said you know nothing concering the Lord God almighty word.

so sorry no trixs for you today.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
another ERROR of the Day, JESUS IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, see Post #1796 above...... LOL... :p YIKES!

PICJAG

The spirit that descended upon Jesus at his Baptism .. was not Jesus. Least not according to the Gospel of Mark - and irrespective of what some pious fraudster writing in 160AD might say.

Mark 1: 9 At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

12 At once the Spirit sent him out into the wilderness, 13 and he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted

So you see Saboteur - Jesus was transformed at his baptism. Jesus was not a prophet prior to his baptism - no stories of Jesus doing anything prior to his baptism in Mark .. a man of 30 is transformed.

Then as is in keeping with the ritual - he has to go through testing .. and who sends Jesus for testing ? "The Spirit" that's who ..

It is not Jesus sending himself for testing - it is the spirit sending Jesus for testing. It is not God standing before Satan - it is Jesus standing before Satan - a man made divine - but just recently and so must go for testing to complete the divinity ritual.

The folks in 160 AD had different ideas .. as the divinity of Jesus grew over time.