Jesus Was Not Milque Toast.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was very tough upon all matters. He knew authority up and authority down. That means He was fully compliant and obedient to The Father, and He expected full obedience to Himself from His Disciples.

As His Words are read in Scripture, it cannot be denied He was constantly requiring people before Him to be accountable for their motivations, for their actions, and for their knowledge. Today, most Christians merely pay lip service to the requirements of personal integrity for their honesty.

This can be seen where there are those who constantly hand out advice from the Bible, yet refuse to show the impact of that advice in their own life. Examples would be:

1.) Claiming forgiveness should be pursued upon the faults of others, yet they turn issue based conversations into ad hominems in order to evade their own inequities.

2.) Citing Scripture for the sake of argument, yet ignoring other passages which are inconvenient.

3.) Not turning the other cheek when sensing criticism upon their own words.

4.) Claiming to have the power of Christ in their life, yet easily becoming defensive of their hurt feelings.

5.) Avoiding answers to plain questions by being verbose upon a tangent.

6.) Rather than focusing upon Scripture and upon facts, thinking in terms of how people and things "seem to be."

These people think themselves to be knowledgeable, yet it takes only a few simple questions to find their true core. They talk about Scripture, but have read very little of it. While Christ was entirely consumed with the Word of The Father, these people speak only of Scripture with which they sensibly agree.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josh27

The question I ask most of other people is, "How is your relationship with the God that you are presently worshipping at this very moment?"

The conversation can progress from there if I am prepared to learn from their answer and body language if I am honest with my assessment of where I also am at.

The trouble with people who believe that they know all of the answers to a person's situation, is that they stop learning and instead talk at the other person with their "know all" attitude.

That usually is shown up in the differences between the sheep and the goats. Both call Jesus "Lord, Lord," but only the sheep know the voice of the Lord.

Shalom

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The question I ask most of other people is, "How is your relationship with the God that you are presently worshipping at this very moment?"

Outstanding. (A word that describes both my relationship with the God whom I’m presently worshipping at this very moment and your question.)

The conversation can progress from there if I am prepared to learn from their answer and body language if I am honest with my assessment of where I also am at.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jesus Was Not Milque Toast.​

No toast? Burnt toast? Pumpernickel toast?