John 1:1 - Jesus is the Father or he's not the one true God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kermos, Kermos, Kermos, brother mine three times! Don't waste any more tears or time on RichR, fave2face, Wrangler or Aunty Jane. These buck toothed cabrones have no more capacity left to appreciate (much less participate) in sound discourse than their tired, wrinkled members have any capacity left to ejaculate. Leave them to their sweater girls and their imagination. I hear your number four is on the way! Let's head out to our secret spot for a round or four to celebrate!
Minus the highlighted word there, I would've given this a like.

The majority of your sentiment is mutual.

They are all wolves. (And quite possibly the same wolf under different screen names.)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn’t get it from me.

I suspect you got it from failure to recognize and acknowledge that some Jewish monotheists believe Jesus (himself a Jewish monotheist) is the Messiah and some don’t.
Jesus WAS a Jew, as far as I know.

He DID believe He was ONE God.

Besides the presumptuous statement about me failing to recognize and acknowledge something about a category of people I've had almost zero experience/interaction with, ... yeah, I can't really find anything wrong with this post.

Must be something missing. Maybe you didn't finish.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get this nonsense?
How do you and your Jewish buddies, and Soul Wranglers, etc., interpret this passage?

John 18:4-6

hqdefault.jpg

Tell me how a human man, who is not God, knocks a squad of big strong Roman Soldiers backwards onto their backs simply by saying "I AM"? (Or whatever you want to argue Jesus says there in the original Greek or whatever nonsense)

The fact remains. He spoke, ... they were all knocked backward onto the ground.

I expect to hear from all of you.

This is gonna be good. :D

The amount of manure that is about to magically spew onto the page to deny this event, in every way possible, is gonna be epic.

Can't wait.

Ok GO!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RLT63

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chicks dig me Aunty Jane, every ever lovin' loquacious pound of me.
Son of God! What's not to love!

All of our bodies are vile and they'll stay that was until Jesus comes back and gives us a new one.

Phil 3:20-21,

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.​

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus WAS a Jew, as far as I know.

He DID believe He was ONE God.

Besides the presumptuous statement about me failing to recognize and acknowledge something about a category of people I've had almost zero experience/interaction with, ... yeah, I can't really find anything wrong with this post.

Must be something missing. Maybe you didn't finish.

“Hey, Rocky. Want to see me pull a rabbit out of a hat?

Nothing up my sleeve [and nothing between my ears.]

Presto!

Ooh!

No doubt about it. I gotta get a new hat.”

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you and your Jewish buddies, and Soul Wranglers, etc., interpret this passage?

hqdefault.jpg

Tell me how a human man, who is not God, knocks a squad of big strong Roman Soldiers backwards onto their backs simply by saying "I AM"? (Or whatever you want to argue Jesus says there in the original Greek or whatever nonsense)

The amount of manure that is about to magically spew onto the page to deny this event, in every way possible, is gonna be epic.

Can't wait.

And anything we say, you will do exactly what you accuse us of doing. So what would be the point?

You don’t want the truth because you have already convinced yourself that what you believe is true.
Do you have a brotherhood with whom you meet for worship, and with whom you agree as to beliefs and doctrine? (1 Corinthians 1:10; Hebrews 10:24-25) Or have you formulated your very own religion? Please answer that because these are scriptures that describe what identifies true Christians. You cannot be a Christian in isolation. We are not free to make up our own beliefs.

All I will say is that at his baptism, Jesus received the holy spirit......we all know the magnitude of its power.....used to create the universe.

Reading the whole passage, we see that when Jesus identified himself, apparently his reputation as a man of miracles had gone before him, and the Roman soldiers were superstitious because of their own religious beliefs.....the account does not say what made them draw back and fall to the ground....and your illustration is not really an accurate portrayal because of that......but it certainly did not prevent them from arresting him....did it? So was it a demonstration of God’s spirit, or was it simply men reacting to their own fears? You tell us.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And anything we say, you will do exactly what you accuse us of doing. So what would be the point?

You don’t want the truth because you have already convinced yourself that what you believe is true.
Do you have a brotherhood with whom you meet for worship, and with whom you agree as to beliefs and doctrine? (1 Corinthians 1:10; Hebrews 10:24-25) Or have you formulated your very own religion? Please answer that because these are scriptures that describe what identifies true Christians. You cannot be a Christian in isolation. We are not free to make up our own beliefs.

All I will say is that at his baptism, Jesus received the holy spirit......we all know the magnitude of its power.....used to create the universe.

Reading the whole passage, we see that when Jesus identified himself, apparently his reputation as a man of miracles had gone before him, and the Roman soldiers were superstitious because of their own religious beliefs.....the account does not say what made them draw back and fall to the ground....and your illustration is not really an accurate portrayal because of that......but it certainly did not prevent them from arresting him....did it? So was it a demonstration of God’s spirit, or was it simply men reacting to their own fears? You tell us.
I knew you all wouldn't even attempt a direct response.

It totally annihilates all of your positions about Jesus' Deity.

I will continue to remind each of you of this failure to properly respond to a passage that decimates your coveted stance that Jesus cannot be God.

Post #1563 of this thread will forever haunt you wherever you go here from now on.

Jesus IS God.

And all of you have admitted as much with your failure to respond.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Can't wait.

I'm struggling to see your point Gen2.

John 18:6 So when Jesus said to them, “I am he,” they retreated (moved back) and fell to the ground.

It is possible that those in front recoiled from Jesus’ unexpected advance, so that they bumped those behind them, causing them to stumble and fall. From what you are implying is something entirely different as though Jesus wanted to knock them over on purpose!?

Are you sure you are making the right type of noise about this verse?

Are you referring to the I am he statement or the fact they moved back when he came forward?

F2F

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hqdefault.jpg

Can't wait.

There is a context when Jesus said, "I am." Jesus asked them who they were looking for. They said Jesus. Jesus simple responded, "ego eimi", which is almost always translated as, "I am he/her." All Jesus said was that he was the one they were looking for. Using that to prove Jesus is God is poor workmanship (2 Tim 2:15) indeed. Once again, tradition trumps honest research!

If you think they fell on the ground because Jesus uttered those words, what about every other time he spoke the same words? Nobody else fell to the ground. Better look for some other reason that they fell back.

Whether or not the trinity is true, someone saying, "ego eimi" is not a good proof at all that Jesus is God. Ego eimi is used about 140 times. Is everybody who says that also God?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Remind me of the reference.

I recognize the name, but don't remember the story and too lazy to look it up right now. Also answering other replies.

1 Samuel; 1 Kings. King Saul. David. Philistines. Surprise.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Son of God! What's not to love!

All of our bodies are vile and they'll stay that was until Jesus comes back and gives us a new one.

Phil 3:20-21,

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.​

Uhh... RichR, I think I detect a flesh self hatred symdrom here. Everyone else here is laughing their asses off at the overt obnoxiousness of the exchanges between Aunty Jane and myself, but you seem to believe you really are some kind of Ogre. No man no!! Read the song of songs for a taste of what your flesh image is supposed to be in God's creatin.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Can't wait.

I know this is not what you think it is and while this post may become a little embarrassing for you it is an opportunity to show you how context is essential in understanding and interpreting the text.

Can you see how Isaiah 28:13 fits the text beautifully?

28:13 So the Lord’s word to them will sound like meaningless gibberish, senseless babbling, a syllable here, a syllable there. As a result, they will fall on their backsides when they try to walk, and be injured, ensnared, and captured.

Also Psalms 40:14 is the same.

If you were thinking Christ reviled back you would be greatly mistaken Gen2 1 Peter 2:23 is emphatic in regards to his conduct while being persecuted.

This is an aspect of the Lord's Character not even a trinitarian can touch!

F2F

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@everyone,

Did you notice the Lords care for us in John 18:7? Jesus' pressing question of them held us in his care and protection - he needed to be absolutely certain they were there only for him!

I just love how he loves them so much!

He wanted to make sure they had no warrant for the disciples and the reason being is they were not ready to suffer as he was about to.

In John 18:8... This was the obvious intent of identifying himself.

The disciples were not yet ready to identify with his sufferings. 2 Timothy 2:12. (the question for us, are we?)

In John 18:9 where it reads this saying might be fulfilled...compare this with John 17:12. The ‘loss’ refers to eternal loss. It is partially applied here, for they would have succumbed at the present...their faith just wasn't strong enough!

I would really love to see @GEN2REV and everyone else acknowledge and agree on this one thing - that those he knows he will lose none!

Except the son of perdition.

F2F

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I knew you all wouldn't even attempt a direct response.

It totally annihilates all of your positions about Jesus' Deity.

I will continue to remind each of you of this failure to properly respond to a passage that decimates your coveted stance that Jesus cannot be God.

Post #1563 of this thread will forever haunt you wherever you go here from now on.

Jesus IS God.

And all of you have admitted as much with your failure to respond.
LOL...that was a direct response....shame you missed it.

@Rich R has given you a direct response as well....it’s just not the response you were after.

Closed minds and hearts are never open to learning something new or something that challenges what one wants to hold as truth. Studying the whole Bible is what we need to do to gain accurate information about what it teaches. It is one book, that tells one story, by one author, using many secretaries over a very long period of man’s history. If you have no idea how the story starts, and how God implements the means to bring about the foretold conclusion, then all you have is a giant jigsaw puzzle without the picture on the box to guide you where to put the pieces.

The big picture is lost on Christendom, but it is also lost on the ‘lone rangers’ who insist on formulating their own religious scenarios, outside of Christendom’s ideas....both are equally lost. There has to be a brotherhood...global (not just local) in scope...who all hold to the same truth in order to preach one message to the world. (Matthew 24:14) God does not speak with a forked tongue.....his messengers all preach the same message. It is obvious from the responses here on these boards that there is zero unity among those who profess to be Christians. Who does Christ claim as his own.....we will all see very soon I think.

We choose who to believe......our lives are in our own hands.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm struggling to see your point Gen2.

John 18:6 So when Jesus said to them, “I am he,” they retreated (moved back) and fell to the ground.

It is possible that those in front recoiled from Jesus’ unexpected advance, so that they bumped those behind them, causing them to stumble and fall. From what you are implying is something entirely different as though Jesus wanted to knock them over on purpose!?

Are you sure you are making the right type of noise about this verse?

Are you referring to the I am he statement or the fact they moved back when he came forward?

F2F
Paid Shill Politician response #1.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a context when Jesus said, "I am." Jesus asked them who they were looking for. They said Jesus. Jesus simple responded, "ego eimi", which is almost always translated as, "I am he/her." All Jesus said was that he was the one they were looking for. Using that to prove Jesus is God is poor workmanship (2 Tim 2:15) indeed. Once again, tradition trumps honest research!

If you think they fell on the ground because Jesus uttered those words, what about every other time he spoke the same words? Nobody else fell to the ground. Better look for some other reason that they fell back.

Whether or not the trinity is true, someone saying, "ego eimi" is not a good proof at all that Jesus is God. Ego eimi is used about 140 times. Is everybody who says that also God?
Paid Shill Politician response #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.