John 1:1 - Jesus is the Father or he's not the one true God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is not what you think it is and while this post may become a little embarrassing for you it is an opportunity to show you how context is essential in understanding and interpreting the text.

Can you see how Isaiah 28:13 fits the text beautifully?

28:13 So the Lord’s word to them will sound like meaningless gibberish, senseless babbling, a syllable here, a syllable there. As a result, they will fall on their backsides when they try to walk, and be injured, ensnared, and captured.

Also Psalms 40:14 is the same.

If you were thinking Christ reviled back you would be greatly mistaken Gen2 1 Peter 2:23 is emphatic in regards to his conduct while being persecuted.

This is an aspect of the Lord's Character not even a trinitarian can touch!

F2F
Paid Shill Politician response #3.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@everyone,

Did you notice the Lords care for us in John 18:7? Jesus' pressing question of them held us in his care and protection - he needed to be absolutely certain they were there only for him!

I just love how he loves them so much!

He wanted to make sure they had no warrant for the disciples and the reason being is they were not ready to suffer as he was about to.

In John 18:8... This was the obvious intent of identifying himself.

The disciples were not yet ready to identify with his sufferings. 2 Timothy 2:12. (the question for us, are we?)

In John 18:9 where it reads this saying might be fulfilled...compare this with John 17:12. The ‘loss’ refers to eternal loss. It is partially applied here, for they would have succumbed at the present...their faith just wasn't strong enough!

I would really love to see @GEN2REV and everyone else acknowledge and agree on this one thing - that those he knows he will lose none!

Except the son of perdition.

F2F
Yes, nice job.

You've really bewitched and mesmerized everyone to completely disregard the dinosaur in the room with that passage.

"Nothing to see here, folks!"

"Move along."

"Jesus did not just knock a garrison of Roman Soldiers down with the Power of His Word."

"Disperse."

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...that was a direct response....shame you missed it.

@Rich R has given you a direct response as well....it’s just not the response you were after.

Closed minds and hearts are never open to learning something new or something that challenge what one wants to hold as truth. Studying the whole Bible is what we need to do to gain accurate information about what it teaches. It is one book, that tells one story, by one author, using many secretaries over a very long period of man’s history. If you have no idea how the story starts, and how God implements the means to bring about the foretold conclusion, then all you have is a giant jigsaw puzzle without the picture on the box to guide you where to put the pieces.

The big picture is lost on Christendom, but it is also lost on the ‘lone rangers’ who insist on formulating their own religious scenarios, outside of Christendom’s ideas....both are equally lost. There has to be a brotherhood...global (not just local) in scope...who all hold to the same truth in order to preach one message to the world. (Matthew 24:14) God does not speak with a forked tongue.....his messengers all preach the same message. It is obvious from the responses here on these boards that there is zero unity among those who profess to be Christians. Who does Christ claim as his own.....we will all see very soon I think.

We choose who to believe......our lives are in our own hands.
It's so simple.

All you guys have to do is admit that passage says exactly what it obviously says and then just explain how that is possible if Jesus isn't God.

Not ONE of you has the courage to admit what every single person here KNOWS that it says.

It's not misinterpretation.

It's not a mistranslation.

It's right there and you're steadily eroding your credibility by each refusing to admit it.

Shameful ... and weak.

Scripture wins again!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not through a flesh body.

Not sure what your point is either.
Pointing out that your point is a Non-Sequitor. The Soldiers (guards of the High Priest) fell because Jesus is the Messiah, these Jewish guards knew the Messiah was prophesied to be a military-political king. Who wants to be the one to oppose God's Anointed king?

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhh... RichR, I think I detect a flesh self hatred symdrom here. Everyone else here is laughing their asses off at the overt obnoxiousness of the exchanges between Aunty Jane and myself, but you seem to believe you really are some kind of Ogre. No man no!! Read the song of songs for a taste of what your flesh image is supposed to be in God's creatin.
while "overt obnoxiousness might" be a bit overstated, if not colorful. :) I do relate to Romans 7. Paul wasn't exactly enamored with his flesh.

I have Christ in me (Col 1:27) and can do everything he did and more (John 14:12). We are told to look at the things above (Col 3:1), so I do. I simply don't expect much out of my flesh. Basically, I'm totally on board with Galatians 3. Don't worry too much about my flesh one way or the other. I keep my eyes on Christ. What could go wrong?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pointing out that your point is a Non-Sequitor. The Soldiers (guards of the High Priest) fell because Jesus is the Messiah, these Jewish guards knew the Messiah was prophesied to be a military-political king. Who wants to be the one to oppose God's Anointed king?
Oh, they were just acting so as to show respect?

Nice try.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then just explain how that is possible if Jesus isn't God.
This is the sad, desperate measures trinitarians must go to, suppose implicit text supersedes explicit text. You want your doctrine accepted by default and then put the burden on the opposing view to "explain" how your reading into unitarian text of your doctrine is not right.

This is called in logic, Appeal to Ignorance. There is no explicit Scripture stating the doctrine of the trinity. The entire Bible (excepting possibly Luke) is written by monotheist Jewish authors, who reject the trinity to this day. It is unitarian text and you are trying to impose your Trinitarianism onto it.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice Try to pretend the Jewish guards respecting they are in the presence of the Messiah means he must be God incarnate.
Nice try pretending the Jewish guards (??) respecting they are in the presence of Messiah means He did not knock them on their cans by saying "I AM."

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very well.

Any comment on the actual content? What did you find out about how "ego eimi" is used in the scriptures?
Oh yeah, I researched it and you're right.

It has no bearing at all on the fact that Jesus totally knocked down the Roman Soldiers simply by saying that.

"ego eimi" wow.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try pretending the Jewish guards (??) respecting they are in the presence of Messiah means He did not knock them on their cans by saying "I AM."
LOL. People didn’t get knocked over other times he said I am. So, there is that.

If it weren’t for reading into unitarian text that which is not there, mystical dualists, such as yourself, wouldn’t have anything.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was curious whether you would respond with honour or dishonour.
Oh, you wondered if I'd answer dishonorably as your crew did.

Lies and deceit are dishonorable.

Fun fact.

And if you cared at all about dishonoring God, your conduct here would be much different.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. People didn’t get knocked over other times he said I am. So, there is that.
God has a very important reason for every single thing He does.
If it weren’t for reading into unitarian text that which is not there, mystical dualists, such as yourself, wouldn’t have anything.
What's not there?

Jesus spoke and those who came to arrest Him fell to the ground.

The Creator of all that is, who created everything by the Power of His spoken Word.

Explain yourself.

What am I putting into it that isn't there?

Your faith and credibility are in shambles after this bold and arrogant denial of a Rock-solid Biblical event.

Status
Not open for further replies.