John 1:1 looked at HONESTLY!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the difference is, "distinct" = "to distinguish one from another"; "separate", = "to be apart".

Well using your definition I would describe the trinity as "distinct" to distinguish one from another, separate for they occupy different "entities" (for lack of a better word, and "One" for they share the exact same essence- absolute deity! That is why the coined word trinity is very apt.

a Tri-unity 3 but 1.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And that is a difference without distinction. They are both the exact same word, pronounced the exact same way, but the construct varies slightly to let us know if it a personal noun or adjctive describing a personal noun.

The Father also has θεῖος used o Him in the NT. And John 1:1 θεος is used of the Father and the Word.

And also "θεῖος" occurs only three times in the NT Acts 17:29, 2 Peter 1:3, and 2 Peter 1:4 . As I said they refer to the nature of God as opposed to the person of God.

θεος, in John 1:1 is not used as the equivalent as "divine". In both uses, it means the same, "God". Two distinct Persons, Who are WITH each other, Who are BOTH God.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well using your definition I would describe the trinity as "distinct" to distinguish one from another, separate for they occupy different "entities" (for lack of a better word, and "One" for they share the exact same essence- absolute deity! That is why the coined word trinity is very apt.

a Tri-unity 3 but 1.

Trinity is, 1x1x1, which is 1

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

a Tri-unity 3 but 1.

Athanasian Creed

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mind explaining what you disagree with?
It is not what I disagree with but what I see and what I do not see.

How good is my vision? In the flesh I wear corrective lenses, glasses. According to Apostle Paul he was among those who were still seeing through a glass darkly. Who is doing better than that?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Who has already arrived at the "then"?

Has our faith been finished or are we still living by faith?

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne" Heb 12:2

Is Jesus finisher with me yet? I cannot speak for others, but he is not finished with me!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thomas and the NWT say Jesus is God.

NWT John 20:28 In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!

Thomas was one of Jesus' disciples, and he certainly knew who God was. What name of God do you suppose Jesus made manifest to Thomas K? Jn 17:6

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain this verse

Matt 1: 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

It means one of two things sir, Jesus is God, or in harmony with John 3:16 God (Jehovah) is with us in the fact that He sent a redeemer in our behalf. Can you think of anything else it could be?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thomas was one of Jesus' disciples, and he certainly knew who God was. What name of God do you suppose Jesus made manifest to Thomas K? Jn 17:6
John 17:5–6 (NKJV): And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

I agree I think Thomas knew exactly who Jesus was. Before Abraham was I am. I am sure he was there and knew Jesus pre-existed the world. As created God. That’s why he said. My lord and my God

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:5–6 (NKJV): And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

I agree I think Thomas knew exactly who Jesus was. Before Abraham was I am. I am sure he was there and knew Jesus pre-existed the world. As created God. That’s why he said. My lord and my God

Yes sir, you answered correctly, John 8:58 was not about Jesus being God, rather it was his answer to their question of how he could have possibly known Abraham. Jesus was well aware of Abraham as he did exist prior to coming to earth Jn 3:13

Thomas knew Jesus as well as Jesus' God Jehovah, as like you pointed out Jesus not only manifested God's name to them, but who He was as well.