John 1:1 looked at HONESTLY!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of us has a lack of understanding sir. You are clearly saying Jesus is God, I say he is not. We both cannot be correct, so therefore why not let Jesus answer it. Jesus asked this very question to his apostles: Who are men saying I am? The question was answered by Peter, and Jesus confirmed that God had revealed it to him, therefore Peter answered correctly. So what was the actual answer?

explain this verse

Matt 1: 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mighty is Mighty but Almighty is Almighty. Jesus was begotten by the Almighty God. (John 3:16) Unto you first God, having raised up his Servant, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities. (Acts 3:26)

If they don't believe the Servant that God raised up, they are not going to believe anyone else.

Jesus Christ is Almighty God

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mighty is Mighty but Almighty is Almighty.
And the Son of God is Almighty God! Have you never read the Bible?

Revelation 1:8 (NKJV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:17-18 (NKJV)
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
Revelation 2:8 (NKJV)
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, 'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:
Revelation 2:18-23 (NKJV)
18 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:
19 I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.
20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.
21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent.
22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.
23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mighty is Mighty but Almighty is Almighty. Jesus was begotten by the Almighty God. (John 3:16) Unto you first God, having raised up his Servant, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities. (Acts 3:26)

If they don't believe the Servant that God raised up, they are not going to believe anyone else.

lets get this right. so you believe that there are TWO Gods? One Who is "Amlighty", and the other "Mighty"?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets get this right. so you believe that there are TWO Gods? One Who is "Amlighty", and the other "Mighty"?

there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him. (1 Corinthians 8:6)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him. (1 Corinthians 8:6)
But your own NWT says Jesus is God. You should leave Kingdom Hall immediately!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If you are a Jehovah's Witness, or even if you are not, it is very clear in Isaiah 9:6, on the Prophecy of the Lord Jesus Christ, it says:

"His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God" (https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/isaiah/9/)

And the Jews themselves translate the Hebrew

"and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God"

Yeshayahu (Isaiah): Chapter 9

So it is very clear, that Jesus Christ IS GOD!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it is very clear, that Jesus Christ IS GOD

Thanks for your comment and that is a comment. But since (1 Corinthians 8:6) doesn't strike your fancy. How about this one? What is your comment about this? "A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him' (Revelation 1:1)

Rev was written in 96 CE... that's 63 years after Jesus Christ went to Heaven.

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your comment and that is a comment. But since (1 Corinthians 8:6) doesn't strike your fancy. How about this one? What is comment about this? "A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him' (Revelation 1:1)

Rev was written in 96 CE... that's 63 years after Jesus Christ went to Heaven.

Indeed, and Jesus as The Mediator continues till His Second Coming. What about the fact that God the Father says to Jesus, "Your Throne O God"? (Hebrews 1:8). What about the fact that in this same chapter in Hebrews, the Father says that Jesus Christ IS the Creator of the entire universe? verses 10-12. What about another fact in this chapter, where in verse 6, the Father says of Jesus, "let all God's angels WORSHIP Him"? And, after His Resurrection, Thomas says directly to Jesus, "my Lord and my God" (John 20:28)? And, Paul says of Jesus, "our Great God and Saviour" (Titus 2:13)? And that "God was manifest in the flesh" (1 Timothy 3:16. KJV). And, "the Word was God"? (John 1:1)? And in verse 18, the best textual evidence says, "God on one has seen at any time, the Unique God, Who is in the bosom of the Father", where it is very clear, that there are TWO Who are EQUALLY called God? Will YOU accept what the Bible Teaches, or keep on attacking it to promote your personal views?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deut 4:39)

Who is the LORD in (Deuteronomy 4:39) ? It States He is God...

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deut 4:39)

you just ramble on with your own ideas, and totally ignore what anyone else says. this is pure delusion!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you just ramble on with your own ideas, and totally ignore what anyone else says. this is pure delusion!

Now (Deuteronomy 4:39) is pure delusion? "Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deut 4:39)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the LORD (God Jehovah Isa 44:6; Gen 17:1; Exo 6:3 ), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Rev 1:8) Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #2
Revelation 1:8 (NKJV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:17-18 (NKJV)
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
Revelation 2:8 (NKJV)
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, 'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:
Revelation 2:18-23 (NKJV)
18 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:
19 I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.
20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.
21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent.
22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.
23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Amen Jesus, You are THE ALMIGHTY God!