JOHN 11:25 THE RESURRECTION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed with much of what you shared above. But I definitely struggle with that parable. Do you believe God reaps where He sowed not and gathers where He has not strawed?
I do. I rely on the parable about the sower for that. He planted one grain in each of his disciples. Jesus himself seems to have had only 120 faithful followers at Pentecost in the upper room. I think that was his harvest from the seed he planted.

When the preaching was done that day, it's said they added 3000 souls. More seeds were planted. Jesus wasn't planting the seed himself personally anymore. His followers were.

I pondered a long time about this passage from John until I realized Jesus meant his disciples would be leading more people into the kingdom than he had:

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I think Jesus could get more from being in Heaven, sending the Spirit to operate through his disciples than he could as one person on earth.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do. I rely on the parable about the sower for that. He planted one grain in each of his disciples. Jesus himself seems to have had only 120 faithful followers at Pentecost in the upper room. I think that was his harvest from the seed he planted.

When the preaching was done that day, it's said they added 3000 souls. More seeds were planted. Jesus wasn't planting the seed himself personally anymore. His followers were.

I pondered a long time about this passage from John until I realized Jesus meant his disciples would be leading more people into the kingdom than he had:

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I think Jesus could get more from being in Heaven, sending the Spirit to operate through his disciples than he could as one person on earth.
The sword definitely has two edges.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His yoke is light,
He’s not a hard task master
Jesus never asks people to carry a burden that is more than they can bear. If our burdens are too heavy for us, Jesus will bear it until we're strong enough to bear it ourselves. That is the Law of Christ -- that the stronger will bear the burden of the weaker. But the weaker person should grow strong so he can bear his own burden and even start to help bearing others' burdens so Jesus doesn't have so much to bear.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

I see no contradiction in the underlined parts. Jesus expects us to grow up spiritually and start bearing our own burdens as well as helping weaker people bear theirs. In the end, everyone shall bear his own burden. "God is not mocked." Don't expect something for nothing. Jesus came so we could learn how to love better.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Jesus is not going to bear our sins if we sin after we know the truth and accepted the terms of the covenant with him. We will bear those burdens ourselves with no help from him. If we injure others by sinning willfully and knowingly after knowing the truth, we're adding burdens to others, not helping them bear their burdens. We may have to "work out our own salvation" in some areas, willing to fix the things we broke without expecting Jesus to fix things for us when we knew what we were doing was wrong.

His yoke is easy . . . as long as we're going in the direction he tells us.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good points I hadn’t considered. Thank you. Here has been my struggle. 1) the parable is about money and yes that was the OT riches or increase but it changed from earthly wealth and treasure to heavenly riches laid up for those who love Him. I do understand, I think, how the parable can also have a spiritual application. I tell you as not arguing to prove a point but in maybe you can help. For me the voice is critical because no where in the parable is that voice, the voice I follow. Except “enter into the joy” and He is the only one that has the authority and the only one who fulfilled what was necessary to open the door; who is even the door. that good and faithful servant whom is made ruler over his household, to give then their meat in due season, being the one called such repeatedly throughout the Word. Luke 12:41-42 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? [42] And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

I’ve considered this...if I was faithful in money and good at business, and worked really hard to tithe always...Has it earned me to “enter into His joy”? I don’t believe so. I was not faithful in anything but wasted. And He still called. I failed in everything . And He still called. Does God trust a child who was never faithful in anything but only wasted? ...to me the waster is not the one inheriting the kingdom of God but that which is born New of God from above. Joy is a fruit of the Spirit.

2) also struggle with (paraphrasing here) ...I knew you were a hard man, a hard master and I could never meet the qualifications or satisfy to return to you profit ...and I feared You so I went and “buried it in the ground” or as the other parable “laid it up in a napkin”...isn’t that what He did in fearing the Father ...took that flesh and buried it ...laid up in a napkin? ...then entered into the joy prepared. Was listening to Paul Harvey’s “if I were the devil” one day and it stood out when he said: “if I were the devil...I would take from him who had not...and give to him who has.”

3) He did a New thing. It is sown in the peace of righteousness...don’t see how He is not the one who prepared it and also, even if we carry this treasure in an earthen vessel...it is still “wrought” in God. Still sown of and in God. Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people being staked up on the cross right now.
What do you believe He was referring to as being finished.@Giuliano
He had given his all. Now it's our turn.

Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

If we can see -- really see -- the Love of Jesus on the cross, it is irresistible. Yes, love is possible. We can see it is. We don't have to hate or fear. So many people are afraid to love. They loved as children but found out the world can be a harsh place. They lose their innocence when they start to fear to love. It is safe to love. It's what we wanted all along. If the world kills us, so what? God won't let harm to us. We'll even be in a better place where everyone else is loving instead of in this gloomy world.

What people truly want -- being made in the image of God -- is to love and to be loved. It's what everybody wants, and Jesus said it's possible.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I don't follow you. The people in Revelation 20:4 are the martyrs beheaded in the persecution in the time of the beast described in Revelation. They are mentioned earlier.

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Their works are important. Almost immediately after that, we see "wheat" and "grapes" being harvested. These saints are not takers only, they received the Bread and Wine from Jesus -- and now they are willing to give their all just as he did. Jesus talked about people who had the same kind of other that he had -- and who were willing to die if need be:

Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Those saints were willing to die as Jesus was in order to help others. I'm not sure who you think they are. You go on then as if Christians today who want to take from Jesus without giving anything back have some advantage -- and that those souls are groaning to have Christians who do nothing have. You also misquote Paul, seriously. It's "we" not "them" who are groaning.

2 Corinthians 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Do not be deceived. While we cannot save ourselves, Jesus came to make it possible that we could be deemed worthy to be saved and given the power to do his works. If we want to take from Jesus without giving anything back, he will reject us -- just the servant who his talent in the earth.

Jesus expects to get back more from us than he gave.

Matthew 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

He gave to us freely when we could do nothing to help ourselves. He expects us also to give freely.

Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Everybody might want a free ride; but anyone who tells you you don't have to do anything for Jesus is deceiving you. It's a con game.

I'd advise not trampling on that blood.

I begin to think you haven't heard it yet. If you heard it and if you believed it, you would know you need to do some things. Someone has seriously misled you to the peril of your soul.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Some people say they believe, but their actions show they don't. If someone truly believes in Jesus, then he must take what Jesus said to heart. We cannot say, "Lord, lord," and then go our merry way, thinking we will receive eternal life.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Jesus made it possible for us to do the will of the Father; and if we don't, there is no excuse for us. Someone has taught you things that could lead you to destruction. Salvation was given freely. We couldn't buy it; but Jesus expects us to do some things too.

I won't cite the entire parable of the talents here; but Jesus rewards his faithful servants in it saying, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Compare that to the verse in Revelation you quoted.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Let us not say Jesus did it all. Desire earnestly to hear him say to you, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." Be afraid that he might say to you if you're lazy, "Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed. . . ."

Hello
I was citing Revelation 20:4 only to show that after death the body is in the grave and the soul is alive and awaiting the new spiritual body.

Matthew 25:24 that you cited is not for the church today. In the Gospels (Matthew, Mark ,Luke , and John)Jesus was sent to Israel only and preached the gospel of the kingdom. The kingdom is the promised Davidic kingdom on earth. This parable was about Israel only. The unprofitable wicked servant will not enter into that kingdom (Matthew 25:30) but will be cast into outer darkness, which by the way is not hell.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good points I hadn’t considered. Thank you. Here has been my struggle. 1) the parable is about money and yes that was the OT riches or increase but it changed from earthly wealth and treasure to heavenly riches laid up for those who love Him. I do understand, I think, how the parable can also have a spiritual application.
I give it a completely spiritual application.
I tell you as not arguing to prove a point but in maybe you can help. For me the voice is critical because no where in the parable is that voice, the voice I follow. Except “enter into the joy” and He is the only one that has the authority and the only one who fulfilled what was necessary to open the door; who is even the door. that good and faithful servant whom is made ruler over his household, to give then their meat in due season, being the one called such repeatedly throughout the Word. Luke 12:41-42 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? [42] And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
The parables are deliberately constructed so that some will understand and others will not.

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Truth is hidden in the parables, not out in the open.

I’ve considered this...if I was faithful in money and good at business, and worked really hard to tithe always...Has it earned me to “enter into His joy”? I don’t believe so. I was not faithful in anything but wasted. And He still called. I failed in everything . And He still called. Does God trust a child who was never faithful in anything but only wasted? ...to me the waster is not the one inheriting the kingdom of God but that which is born New of God from above. Joy is a fruit of the Spirit.
Tithing is a controversial topic, and many Christians would be surprised if they knew what the Old Testament says they were for. For example, income from business never required a tithe. It was only on the produce grown in Land of Promise after they entered; and it did not all go to the Temple. Some of it was to be used when they held a festival. God had given them the land so they should be thankful -- and the tithe was to help them celebrate.

2) also struggle with (paraphrasing here) ...I knew you were a hard man, a hard master and I could never meet the qualifications or satisfy to return to you profit ...and I feared You so I went and “buried it in the ground” or as the other parable “laid it up in a napkin”...isn’t that what He did in fearing the Father ...took that flesh and buried it ...laid up in a napkin? ...then entered into the joy prepared. Was listening to Paul Harvey’s “if I were the devil” one day and it stood out when he said: “if I were the devil...I would take from him who had not...and give to him who has.”
The way I read it is that the ground and the napkin mean hiding it away -- the ground suggests "earthly" considerations.

Was his master truly a "hard master"? How do we look at God? Do we see Him as vengeful or loving? If we see Him as vengeful, I think the odds are He'll look that way to us. Job said the thing he feared had come to pass. It seems that often we get from God what we expect.

I think the master did want a profit; but I also think if the man with one talent had tried and failed, his master would have understood. The servant hadn't tried.

3) He did a New thing. It is sown in the peace of righteousness...don’t see how He is not the one who prepared it and also, even if we carry this treasure in an earthen vessel...it is still “wrought” in God. Still sown of and in God. Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
So the Master isn't really harsh, is he? In the story about the talents, we see the Master wasn't really a money-grubber since he gave it back to the faithful servants. To those who think poorly of him, he can be.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the Law of Christ -- that the stronger will bear the burden of the weaker. But the weaker person should grow strong so he can bear his own burden and even start to help bearing others' burdens so Jesus doesn't have so much to bear.

The stronger will bear up the burden of the weak in love (that is the Law of Christ). Who is weak we are to forbear along with them? Consider...Do we only see that which is outward and judge with our sight who is weak?
1 Corinthians 8:9-13 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. [10] For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; [11] And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? [12] But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. [13] Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

frightening and sobering...ought not those strong in the Spirit...Fathers even ...bear the burden of those just coming to the knowledge and liberty that is in Christ? Yet Paul spoke as if knowledge was less important than love and the seeking for another was more important. It is the spirit which can handle the heavy burden of one weaker ...even going to the cross Christ said: flesh is weak but the Spirit is willing.

John 21:17-19
[17] He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. [18] Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. [19] This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

...when thou was young, you girded yourself, and walked where you would
...when you are old, you shall stretch forth your hands, and another will gird you, and carry you where you would not.
..signifying...by what death he should glorify God. Then he said unto Peter “Follow Me.” ... “pick up your cross and follow Me.” ... “and when you are converted, Strengthen your brethren” “Feed My sheep”

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
I was citing Revelation 20:4 only to show that after death the body is in the grave and the soul is alive and awaiting the new spiritual body.

Matthew 25:24 that you cited is not for the church today. In the Gospels (Matthew, Mark ,Luke , and John)Jesus was sent to Israel only and preached the gospel of the kingdom. The kingdom is the promised Davidic kingdom on earth. This parable was about Israel only. The unprofitable wicked servant will not enter into that kingdom (Matthew 25:30) but will be cast into outer darkness, which by the way is not hell.
Sorry, but I'm finding you extremely hard to understand.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give it a completely spiritual application.The parables are deliberately constructed so that some will understand and others will not.

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Truth is hidden in the parables, not out in the open.

Tithing is a controversial topic, and many Christians would be surprised if they knew what the Old Testament says they were for. For example, income from business never required a tithe. It was only on the produce grown in Land of Promise after they entered; and it did not all go to the Temple. Some of it was to be used when they held a festival. God had given them the land so they should be thankful -- and the tithe was to help them celebrate.

The way I read it is that the ground and the napkin mean hiding it away -- the ground suggests "earthly" considerations.

Was his master truly a "hard master"? How do we look at God? Do we see Him as vengeful or loving? If we see Him as vengeful, I think the odds are He'll look that way to us. Job said the thing he feared had come to pass. It seems that often we get from God what we expect.

I think the master did want a profit; but I also think if the man with one talent had tried and failed, his master would have understood. The servant hadn't tried.

So the Master isn't really harsh, is he? In the story about the talents, we see the Master wasn't really a money-grubber since he gave it back to the faithful servants. To those who think poorly of him, he can be.

Like what you shared on the tithes and promised land. Thank you. But You still didn’t answer the question ...did Jesus Christ “bury it in the ground” or “laid it in a napkin”? Was what was buried or laid in a napkin ...profitable? Did He fear in the garden despising the shame set before Him but endured for the “joy” saying “take this cup, Father. But not My will be done but Your will.”

John 11:44
[44] And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Much of the parables speak of bound hand and foot...in grave clothes...face bound about with a napkin.

John 20:6-7
[6] Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, [7] And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

John 3:17
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like what you shared on the tithes and promised land. Thank you. But You still didn’t answer the question ...did Jesus Christ “bury it in the ground” or “laid it in a napkin”? Was what was buried or laid in a napkin ...profitable? Did He fear in the garden despising the shame set before Him but endured for the “joy” saying “take this cup, Father. But not My will be done but Your will.”
The way I understand it is that one of his servants hid it in the ground or put it in a napkin.

I don't think Jesus was afraid in the garden.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I understand it is that one of his servants hid it in the ground or put it in a napkin.

I don't think Jesus was afraid in the garden.

Still love you as a brother, even if we disagree here. :) Thank you for responding back. I’ve been so blessed by so many of your post and encouraged greatly as I’m sure others have. I’m serious. You are a blessing!

Reactions: Giuliano

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the mosaic law... that’s a hard task master.

Exactly.

2 Corinthians 3:9-16
[9] For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. [10] For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. [11] For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. [12] Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: [13] And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: [14] But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. [15] But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. [16] Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

To me the napkin that bound Lazarus’s face when He was called forth from the grave is that vail to be removed ...so the children of Israel CAN look steadfast to the end of that which is abolished. “...which vail is done away in Christ.” As the napkin was separated, by itself, left in the tomb. The ministration of condemnation which is to be done away with....in sight of “much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.”

Romans 8:1-2
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

What I hear in the parable is condemnation until the vail(napkin) is removed in Christ and the mind is no longer blinded...

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I'm finding you extremely hard to understand.

Hello
God has always made a way for Gentiles to be saved....they could accept God and through Israel be blessed. During the earthly ministry of Jesus he went only to Israel and preached the gospel of the kingdom. The kingdom on earth in which Jesus would reign along with the believing remnant of Israel, who believed he is their Messiah and the Son of God would have been established if Israel received him.
The parables Jesus gave were to show Israel what the kingdom was like and who could enter it (The parable in Matthew 25 is an example of Jesus teaching what was required to enter the kingdom on earth).
The body of Christ, the church today is not under these teachings...we are saved freely without Israel and the covenants. We have a place in heaven not the earth like Israel.
If you try to apply what was given to Israel to the church today you will get the wrong idea of how we are saved and what we should do.
If you have specific questions please ask.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed with much of what you shared above. But I definitely struggle with that parable. Do you believe God reaps where He sowed not and gathers where He has not strawed?
Hello
This parable is given to Israel only and is one of many parables about the Davidic earthly kingdom on earth promised Israel and how to enter into it.

Matthew 25:24 is not for the church today. In the Gospels (Matthew, Mark ,Luke , and John)Jesus was sent to Israel only and preached the gospel of the kingdom. The kingdom is the promised Davidic kingdom on earth. This parable was about Israel only. The unprofitable wicked servant will not enter into that kingdom (Matthew 25:30) but will be cast into outer darkness, which by the way is not hell.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
This parable is given to Israel only and is one of many parables about the Davidic earthly kingdom on earth promised Israel and how to enter into it.

Matthew 25:24 is not for the church today. In the Gospels (Matthew, Mark ,Luke , and John)Jesus was sent to Israel only and preached the gospel of the kingdom. The kingdom is the promised Davidic kingdom on earth. This parable was about Israel only. The unprofitable wicked servant will not enter into that kingdom (Matthew 25:30) but will be cast into outer darkness, which by the way is not hell.
Please give your interpretation of outer darkness

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello

I should not have said what I did earlier that the devil had anything to do with the parable. Other than them letting respect of person decide who could enter, as ONE would in be faithful in “despising the shame He endured the cross for the joy set before Him” . I get confused in Romans 7:10-11 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11] For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

I get confused that sin is not the victory there but the commandment which came and Paul found to be death. As He could not fulfill it as Saul, a waster, an “unprofitable servant”.

John 19:28
[28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

That is the parable in my opinion there is one faithful and we must see ...we can’t be justified by the flesh. you certainly don’t have to agree. Judgement was coming in that all flesh was condemned and found guilty that every mouth was shut before Him.

We make a tragic error in telling others they don’t need to do as the servant who buried it in the ground or laid it up in a napkin...in fear and knowing what was expected under the ministration of condemnation was too great to move. We miss ...that servant feared. We quote it...speaking of that which is unprofitable...we must take up the cross and follow Him and Die daily. We are not going to make the old man crucified with Christ and unprofitable...no longer the “unprofitable servant” that he is cast out. Judgement came and flesh and blood does not inherit the kingdom. We see this in what Jesus told Peter Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
^ outside of that is outer darkness.

Yes...the parable was to them (again you don’t have to agree) but one must ...John 12:24-25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. [25] He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Unless it falls into the ground and die...it abides alone like that napkin off to itself in the tomb of darkness.

that is what the man in the parable did. He knew he was unprofitable and would not yield any increase....and was afraid. Perfect love cast out fear; fear is torment. we all want to focus upward and deceive ourselves we can keep the law and be a profitable servant, without taking it to the cross and doing what He said. Loosing our life, to find Life.

Jesus was speaking of the ministration of condemnation to them which Paul said he found to be death.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still love you as a brother, even if we disagree here. :) Thank you for responding back. I’ve been so blessed by so many of your post and encouraged greatly as I’m sure others have. I’m serious. You are a blessing!
Thanks for trusting me enough to tell me the truth. I worry if someone agrees with me too much and would rather people seek the truth than swallow everything I say. Besides if I'm wrong, maybe I can learn something. I'm struggling with the parable. I see your point about Lazarus and Jesus and agree but still am not getting the parable. Thanks.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please give your interpretation of outer darkness
Hello
Scripture says nothing more on it so neither can I, sorry.
I say it is not hell because by comparing scripture in the King James..... in outer darkness there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:12 22:13 25:30) and in hell wailing and gnashing (Matthew 13:42 13:50). Only Matthew 13:42 and 13:50 says furnace of fire as well.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
Scripture says nothing more on it so neither can I, sorry.
I say it is not hell because by comparing scripture in the King James..... in outer darkness there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:12 22:13 25:30) and in hell wailing and gnashing (Matthew 13:42 13:50). Only Matthew 13:42 and 13:50 says furnace of fire as well.
I see a lot of wailing going on right now,
The wailing wall?