JOHN 11:25 THE RESURRECTION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
Scripture says nothing more on it so neither can I, sorry.
I say it is not hell because by comparing scripture in the King James..... in outer darkness there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:12 22:13 25:30) and in hell wailing and gnashing (Matthew 13:42 13:50). Only Matthew 13:42 and 13:50 says furnace of fire as well.
Acts 7:54 KJV
[54] When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Tecarta Bible

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for trusting me enough to tell me the truth. I worry if someone agrees with me too much and would rather people seek the truth than swallow everything I say. Besides if I'm wrong, maybe I can learn something. I'm struggling with the parable. I see your point about Lazarus and Jesus and agree but still am not getting the parable. Thanks.

Typed out a long response then deleted. I don’t need to try to convince you of anything. You hear His voice. A dozen ways I could be so very wrong and it be vain imagination and if it is: then it will come to nothing no matter how hard I try to convince anyone. If there is anything there His Spirit wants seen since He knows the parable better than any ...then He will give it to the whole without any convincing and overstating needed.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typed out a long response then deleted. I don’t need to try to convince you of anything. You hear His voice. A dozen ways I could be so very wrong and it be vain imagination and if it is: then it will come to nothing no matter how hard I try to convince anyone. If there is anything there His Spirit wants seen since He knows the parable better than any ...then He will give it to the whole without any convincing and overstating needed.
I am making some progress. Napkins around bodies meant to decompose and return to the dust are one thing. Gold, already taken from the earth and separated from the earth by fire, should not be buried again -- that is another thing.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But the mosaic law... that’s a hard task master.
The Mosaic law is not only a hard task master, it is an impossible task master, but only for those who are still carnally minded. That only applies to the fallen man. Those who are redeemed see the Mosaic law as no burden at all. God even points this out through Ezekiel by pointing out that God doesn't burden anyone.

Anyone who has endeavored to keep Gods' commandments eventually notices that they make life easier, not more difficult. The tasks eventually become practically autonomous they're so easy. It is only a desperate and wicked heart that sees them as hard.

What most notice when studying them is that some are even difficult to violate. Just think how difficult it would be to yoke an ox with a jackass. You would have to procure a yoke, an ox, and a jackass, then yoke them together and use them to plow a field. How about engaging in beastiality? Do you find that a difficult one to refrain from? Most don't even think about it in the first place. See how the law shows us where we're at? Think of how many things you covet. Then think of all the things that other people covet that you couldn't care less about.

When the heart is regenerated, our yoke is easy, our burden light.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mosaic law is not only a hard task master, it is an impossible task master, but only for those who are still carnally minded. That only applies to the fallen man.
To them it is by the letter, not the spirit. That will kill.
Those who are redeemed see the Mosaic law as no burden at all. God even points this out through Ezekiel by pointing out that God doesn't burden anyone.
By the spirit of the law, I think so.

Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mosaic law is not only a hard task master, it is an impossible task master, but only for those who are still carnally minded. That only applies to the fallen man. Those who are redeemed see the Mosaic law as no burden at all. God even points this out through Ezekiel by pointing out that God doesn't burden anyone.

Anyone who has endeavored to keep Gods' commandments eventually notices that they make life easier, not more difficult. The tasks eventually become practically autonomous they're so easy. It is only a desperate and wicked heart that sees them as hard.

What most notice when studying them is that some are even difficult to violate. Just think how difficult it would be to yoke an ox with a jackass. You would have to procure a yoke, an ox, and a jackass, then yoke them together and use them to plow a field. How about engaging in beastiality? Do you find that a difficult one to refrain from? Most don't even think about it in the first place. See how the law shows us where we're at? Think of how many things you covet. Then think of all the things that other people covet that you couldn't care less about.

Very interesting!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 7:22
[22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

As waiting said ...very interesting.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey Shnarkle, I guess if He’s written it on our heart there’s no need to read the letter?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:22
[22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

As waiting said ...very interesting.
It reminds me of what Moses wrote:

Deuteronomy 11:18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

It's not known when people starting interpreting this "by the letter" and began wearing phylacteries.

It is not known whether this command was carried out in the earliest time, and if so, in what manner. But from the relatively large number of regulations referring to the phylacteries—some of them connected with the names of the first tannaim—and also from the fact that among the fifty-five "Sinaitic commands" ("halakah le-Mosheh mi-Sinai") eight refer to the tefillin alone and seven to the tefillin and the Torah together, it follows that they were used as early as the time of the Soferim—the fourth, or at least the third, century B.C. The earliest explicit reference to them that has been preserved—namely, in the Letter of Aristeas (verse 159; see Kautzsch, "Apokryphen," ii. 18)—speaks of them as an old institution.

Wearing them might be helpful if they reminded people to obey the commandment spiritually. They are pointless if people think wearing physical objects is what the rule means and don't keep the spirit of the law. I nearly always laugh at what Jesus said about the hypocrisy of the people who wore them for show. He's not contradicting Moses, he's mocking the people who do it by the "outer man" and forget about the "inner man."

Matthew 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Shnarkle, I guess if He’s written it on our heart there’s no need to read the letter?
I'd say so.

Moses gave a commandment to Israel to put the law in their hearts. That law was given to Israel after they rebelled and did not want to hear the Voice of God. Then they got written words to struggle with. They were told to circumcise their hearts -- how else could they obey the Spiritual Law?

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Indeed, written words may be scripture in one way, but they are Scripture even more if written in the heart.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd say so.

Moses gave a commandment to Israel to put the law in their hearts. That law was given to Israel after they rebelled and did not want to hear the Voice of God. Then they got written words to struggle with. They were told to circumcise their hearts -- how else could they obey the Spiritual Law?

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Indeed, written words may be scripture in one way, but they are Scripture even more if written in the heart.
When and if it were ever all written in our heart, could we then forget about reading our Bibles any more? Hmmm? How many have progressed so far as of now? I am still reading mine.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When and if it were ever all written in our heart, could we then forget about reading our Bibles any more? Hmmm? How many have progressed so far as of now? I am still reading mine.
Hey John, hope the back pain is lessened. Paul said the letter killeth, maybe the reading of it is designed to remove the outer. Does say all of it is for reprof and correcting

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey John, hope the back pain is lessened. Paul said the letter killeth, maybe the reading of it is designed to remove the outer. Does say all of it is for reprof and correcting
Thanks for the concern...

I am simply 'suffering' with it. The back doctor says if it gets too bad I can get an injection which would probably provide temporary relief. To do surgery without an MRI would be quite 'iffy' as well as risky. It would in effect be an exploratory surgery with no guarantees at all because he would not have specifics and I cannot have an MRI. My back is 'shot' simply from use over the years [75 now]. From the Xray, CT scan and Mylogram he knows the situation is not good. As long as I am sitting there is usually little or no pain. To stand or walk for any distance quickly will increase the pain level to excruciating. I walk short distances anyway and pray. Sleeping is sometimes a problem as it is difficult to avoid a painful position. I am not complaining, rather just telling it how it is. Keep me in prayer.

On the Bible reading, I have no plans to ever stop reading my Bible each day. That is part of my contact point with Him. Yes, I can and do talk to God without an open Bible in hand, but I won't quit reading unless He tells me to. There are things already written in my heart I know, but I also know that there are many things that I don't know. I'm OK with continuing to grow until I run out of time.

Give God the glory!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

It's still good to have an understanding of God's will as well as confirming what's in our heart agrees with the witness of saints. The letter provides a baseline; the Spirit allows the heart to manifest the letter in every situation we find ourselves in. This is what we see in the gospels.

The law informs us to never look back or even return for the gleanings of the harvest. Jesus says we aren't fit for the kingdom even if we look back from the plow.

Some think we needn't concern ourselves with tithing mint and cumin, but Christ's parables point out that if we can handle the little things in the kingdom we will be given greater responsibilities as well; i.e. the "weightier matters of the law". if we can't be bothered to tithe mint and cumin, we're not going to be able to handle anything more than that.

The law stipulates we must repay the value of an eye for an eye, the value of a tooth for a tooth, but Christ says if we're sued for our coat, we must give them our shirt as well. if we're compelled into service for one mile, we will go another as well.

Self sacrifice allows one the freedom to give freely from God's endless surplus. It is only when we hold onto ourselves that we are locked into bondage, and can only do for others what we should rather than what overflows from God's love.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better safe than sorry.

If we think our hearts were entirely pure, it might be safe to stop. I'm not that sure about myself. Scripture may be still be profitable for my correction. I feel confident I'm not perfect yet. It might be pride trying to woo me if I thought I was perfect.

Jeremiah 10:24 O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

There is one thing that worries me about reading the Bible. If there's too much "hearing" and not enough "doing," it could be another waste of time.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 7:54 KJV
[54] When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Tecarta Bible
Hello
Here are a couple more:
Matthew And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth
So here we see outer darkness is not used but we know it is their lot to be among the hypocrites

Luke There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Here we see outer darkness is in part being denied entrance into the Davidic kingdom on earth.

Once again, these are not for the church today, they were given to the Jews during the earthly ministry of Jesus and they deal with being an unprofitable and unfruitful servant and not entering the kingdom and reigning with Christ.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better safe than sorry.

If we think our hearts were entirely pure, it might be safe to stop. I'm not that sure about myself. Scripture may be still be profitable for my correction. I feel confident I'm not perfect yet. It might be pride trying to woo me if I thought I was perfect.

Jeremiah 10:24 O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

There is one thing that worries me about reading the Bible. If there's too much "hearing" and not enough "doing," it could be another waste of time.
It that dead letter that kills instead of being quickened by the Life bringing Spirit.

Pride is what happens when we get too sure of ourselves. I am not saying a person cannot be "perfect" while still in this flesh, but only a person who is perfect would be able to really see it clearly. How well can we see ourselves?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, these are not for the church today, they were given to the Jews during the earthly ministry of Jesus and they deal with being an unprofitable and unfruitful servant and not entering the kingdom and reigning with Christ.

Curious. What would you say the unprofitable and unfruitful servant should do then?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It that dead letter that kills instead of being quickened by the Life bringing Spirit.

Pride is what happens when we get too sure of ourselves. I am not saying a person cannot be "perfect" while still in this flesh, but only a person who is perfect would be able to really see it clearly. How well can we see ourselves?
Absolutely. If I did think I was perfect, I'd have to ask myself if that was pride at work. It's better to wait for Jesus to say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." I' think he'd let me know if I was perfect.

Hebrews 9:28 . . . and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Until then, I stand in jeopardy.

1 Corinthians 15:30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Reactions: amadeus