John 20:19

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
263413967_10209755703805573_261819945074176821_n.jpg

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

JMA said:

John 20 KJV: Jesus Appears to the Disciples (Luke 24:36-43; 1 John 1:1-4)

19Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week.

GE answers:

John did not write <being the first day of the week>, and he did not write <Then the same day at evening>, and he did not write <Then the same day at evening being the first day of the week>. Three times JMA makes John the disciple of Christ the accomplice of JMA in ‘resurrection’ LIES!

clip_image002.jpg

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

JMA said:

John 20 KJV: Jesus Appears to the Disciples (Luke 24:36-43; 1 John 1:1-4)

19Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week.

GE answers:

John did not write <being the first day of the week>, and he did not write <Then the same day at evening>, and he did not write <Then the same day at evening being the first day of the week>. Three times JMA makes John the disciple of Christ the accomplice of JMA in ‘resurrection’ LIES!

clip_image002.jpg

So what is your version of John 20:19?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm sorry, what is the ‘resurrection’ LIE, exactly?
ALL Sunday worshippers' idolatrous wangling shambling wrangling mangling of so-called 'resurrection' Scriptures first found and there to see in the KJV e.g., today still, so slavishly and FOOLISHLY idolised by ALL Christians unless you might be an unlikely exception.

Last edited:

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you improve on John in the Text #1? Mongrelise it you would, even munch it like the Professor Doctor John MacArthur does indeed.

ALL Sunday worshippers' idolatrous wangling shambling wrangling mangling of so-called 'resurrection' Scriptures first found and there to see in the KJV e.g., today still, so slavishly and FOOLISHLY idolised by ALL Christians unless you might be an unlikely exception.

I assume you are trying to make a point but I'm failing to understand your responses.
Can you please clarify them.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is why Sunday is still considered to be the first day of the week, even though most of the world look at it as the last day. Jesus was resurrected on a Sunday, and appeared to others on that very same day, which as you pointed out was recorded as being the "first day"

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is this just another Sabbath keeping thread?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That is why Sunday is still considered to be the first day of the week, even though most of the world look at it as the last day. Jesus was resurrected on a Sunday, and appeared to others on that very same day, which as you pointed out was recorded as being the "first day"
I bet you have no idea what you are saying. Shucks, you're unbelievable. A TRICK OF YOURS? A bad one

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet you have no idea what you are saying. Shucks, you're unbelievable. A TRICK OF YOURS? A bad one

Interesting Gerhard, it looked extremely simple to me, I guess Jesus was absolutely correct when he made this statement: (Matthew 13:11) . . .“To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Interesting Gerhard, it looked extremely simple to me, I guess Jesus was absolutely correct when he made this statement: (Matthew 13:11) . . .“To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted.

I am not a man of letters, just an old sewer worker.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a man of letters, just an old sewer worker.

That is fine Gerhard, great in fact, as it is people like you that God is searching for sir. Humility, although not in great quantity, is a great quality. All Christians must cultivate it.